/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eating out

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2006, 08:07 PM
as-salaam alaykum

Eating Out
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly advise that Muslims avoid eating food from non-Muslim restaurants, due to the HIGH risk of contamination with Haram foods through dirty utensils, unwashed hands/gloves, mishandling, and human error. Don't risk it - just don't eat out!
NOTE REGARDING PIZZA OUTLETS: Since vegetarian and cheese pizzas are baked in the same ovens as pizzas topped with pepperoni, ham, etc., it is possible for the grease from the pork and other haram meats to get stuck on the ceiling of the oven, and then melt and drip down into your cheese or vegetarian pizza.

Boston Pizza - Pizzas: dough and cheese may not be Halal

Burger King - Most items, including:
Milkshakes (whey made with animal rennet)
Veggie burger (cooked on same grill as meat, contamination may occur)
Fish (fried in same oil as meat items)

Country Style - Chocolate Brownies, Maple Donuts, and Lemon, Cappuccino, Black Forest Cakes (alcohol in flavourings).
Products with cheese (animal enzymes), meat, and ham.

Harvey's - Most items, including:
Poutine (animal fat in gravy)
Fish (fried in same oil as meat items)

lManchu Wok - Chow Mein, Mixed Vegetables Dish, Egg Drop Soup Spring Roll contain chicken base

McDonald's - Better to avoid McVeggie Burger as it may come in contact with meat and/or chicken products. Fruit'n Yogurt Parfait should be avoided. Fish in Filet-o-Fish may be fried in same oil as meat items, and common utensils and tools may be used.

Pizza Hut - All meat toppings, meat products, sauces (except pizza sauce).
Olive oil & garlic sauce - portion pack (contains white wine - served with pasta orders).
Diced apple topping (contains gelatin).

Pizza Pizza - Most items, including gourmet pizzas and X-treme cheese topping (animal enzymes), creamy garlic dip

Robin's Donuts - All donuts (whey, source of rennet used unknown) , specially glazed (contains gelatin)

Tim Hortons - Black Forest Cake (contains rum)
Items with processed cheese (animal enzymes)
Almond, Cherry, Pineapple, Strawberry, Vanilla, and Plain White Cake Icings (alcohol in flavourings)

Warning to you..be careful what you have eat!!

Allah Almighty can see what you have eat as well..May Allah saves us from impure foods!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_6038
04-16-2006, 08:09 PM
*sighs...happily thinking...wahey for Oxford Road's Poplinos lololol*

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Lol...my concerns is for our brothers and sisters's that why i am should to post this to save yours account for Day of Judgement..:sister:

Z
04-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Salaam.

One of my teachers once told me, the food we eat is a big influence on us. Not only the food, but who it's made by too. He said always try and eat food made in the home, by your mothers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sister_6038
04-16-2006, 08:14 PM
yep sis i do apologise i forgot to say jazakhallah because it is important to know info like this most certainly...personally im suspicious of a lotta places that sell food if they dont look clean...and i can tell you burger kings in the uk are on the top my list lololol

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2006, 08:18 PM
as-salaam alaykum

Salaam.

One of my teachers once told me, the food we eat is a big influence on us. Not only the food, but who it's made by too. He said always try and eat food made in the home, by your mothers.
True said! I am agree with what you have said..I am rather had homemade foods by my mother! She is the best cooker! Lol :giggling:

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2006, 08:20 PM
as-salaam alaykum

yep sis i do apologise i forgot to say jazakhallah because it is important to know info like this most certainly...personally im suspicious of a lotta places that sell food if they dont look clean...and i can tell you burger kings in the uk are on the top my list lololol
Hey Sister of Islam..Dont worry i am not hard hearted..lol I am soft heart and dont need to apologise to me...Allah order us Muslims to be save each others from evils and impures! :sister:

wa-salaam alaykum

The Ruler
04-16-2006, 08:40 PM
i dunno but wat bout muslim shops that sell ham pizzas :hmm: they wudnt b lyin :?

:w:

Sister_6038
04-16-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
i dunno but wat bout muslim shops that sell ham pizzas :hmm: they wudnt b lyin :?

sis its turkey ham...well in the ones i go to...ham is actually a certain part of the animals body..the leg i think...im not sure....

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Well Tagrid...we Muslims don't eat that ham pizza in Muslims fast foods...that is only for non-muslims can eat it..in my city (Glasgow) United Kingdom have increase Halal fast foods...

FatimaAsSideqah
04-16-2006, 08:47 PM
I feels most foods should more Halal because non-muslims can eat it as well..but I know non-muslims don't know how do that as we Muslims know to slaughter the meats..but worth of it!

Zulkiflim
04-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Salaam,

Alhamdulilah

In Singapore all fast food are halal...
Love Mc Donald but now adays i boycott it and instead buy Burger ramli from Malaysia....

Delicious much better than Mc D..and BK..LOLOLOL

mizan_aliashraf
04-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Salam
A good idea would be to boycott the lot!
Wassalam

Halima
04-24-2006, 02:28 PM
:sl:

It is also in the best interest of people regardless whomever to prevent eating excessive meat, because you never know what is inside the meat.

Believe it or not, butchers put horomones inside meat and fruits to make it grow. I don't know about anywhere else, but I do know that they do this in America. They put all of this horomones inside fruits and meat that is why you see fruits grow all year around which is highly unusual for different climates.

So brothers and sisters, becareful. Pork may not only be hazardous, but beef, chicken and turkey aswell.

If any of you sisters are housewives, continue to cook at home, there is nothing that will make a husband happier than to smell his wife's cooking.

Sis786
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I never eat from Non-Halal place even though they might serve Halal Dishes if im gonna eat out i need to trust the company

MetSudaisTwice
04-24-2006, 02:35 PM
salam
i always go to halal shops, never did like macdonalds, kfc etc
wasalam

Halima
04-24-2006, 02:38 PM

All this McDonalds will do is clog up the arteries and make people fat subhanallah. It is really amazing how food works on people's minds sometimes.

MetSudaisTwice
04-24-2006, 02:40 PM
salam
a good way of showing the ill and bad effects of macdonalds is watch supersize me
wasalam

Sis786
04-24-2006, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima

All this McDonalds will do is clog up the arteries and make people fat subhanallah. It is really amazing how food works on people's minds sometimes.

NOW now no need to be like that the salad in the Burgers are actully good for you :giggling:

Muslimaatan
04-25-2006, 02:42 AM
i hate eating out!! home is better, fresh, and clean, and safe.....JUST BETTER!! lool

FatimaAsSideqah
04-25-2006, 08:01 AM
as-salaam alaykum

What Cows are Forced to Eat

Knowing what's in the carefully selected 'Halal' meat you've been buying for years will not only make your stomach turn- it can literally make you sick- if it doesn't kill you.

In December 2003, the first cow ever to be found in the United States with mad cow disease was discovered. Now, government officials are frantically trying to trace where meat products made from this animal went to across the country.

One major cause of mad cow disease in animals is animal cannibalism- the practice of feeding of animal remains to other animals.

Here's a short list of some of the things cattle and cows are regularly fed in the United States. If you are disgusted with what you learn, decide to do some thing about it.

Here is what a cow is forced to eat now a days. And it is all legal:
- All parts of cattle are rendered and fed to pigs and poultry, which are rendered and all parts are fed back to themselves and to cattle. This feeding loop can spread and amplify mad cow disease,

- The formula that is fed to calves looks nothing like mother's milk. It's brown and is derived from cattle blood.

- According to a 1999 survey by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, about 99% of the nation's cattle raised in industrial way use hormonal implants to stimulate growth in cattle. European Union has banned these hormones. Recently the US scientists have revealed that hormones leaking into streams from cattle feedlots are altering the sexual characteristics of wild fish.

- The animal factories are treating cattle (and other animals) regularly with antibiotics which scientists believe is causing antibiotic-resistant bacteria, a key reason for substantial increase infectious diseases in the US.

- Cats and dogs killed in the sanctuaries along with road kills and other dead animals are also rendered and feed to cattle and poultry.

- Cattle brains and spinal cord are rendered directly into animal feed that continues to be fed legally to pigs and chickens in North America

- Slaughterhouse waste from cattle is rendered, or melted down, into "meat and bone meal" which is used in animal feed, to help "animals grow bigger and faster."

- Cows are forced to eat poultry excrements. Poultry litter is the mixture of excrement, spilled feed, dirt, feathers, etc. that gets scooped from the floors of poultry sheds regularly. Because poultry litter can be as much as eight times cheaper than alfalfa, the cattle industry feeds an estimated one million tons of poultry litter to cattle every year. Although excrement from other animals is fed to livestock in the U.S., chicken droppings are considered more nutritious for cows, compared to hog feces or cattle dung.

- The U.S. government continues to allow mad deer infected with chronic wasting disease to be rendered into animal feed

- Since 1996, the World Health Organization has recommended that all countries stop feeding any remains of cows to cows, yet the U.S. government still allows dairy farmers to feed calves gallons worth of cow blood and fat collected at the slaughterhouse

wa-salaam alaykum

FatimaAsSideqah
04-25-2006, 08:05 AM
as-salaam alaykum

Muslims and Vegetarians File Appeal against McDonald’s

The latest round between Muslims versus McDonald’s is currently underway.

A group of Chicago area Muslims are appealing a May 19, 2003 decision by Chicago Cook County Circuit Court Judge Richard Siebel in the Illinois Court of Appeal. This decision approves a settlement between the fast food giant and various plaintiffs, rewarding them $10 million in damages.

The settlement between McDonald’s and Hindu, vegetarian, Kosher and other groups aims to compensate for the fast food giant's false claim since the early 1990s that its french fries and hash browns were fit for vegetarian consumption. In fact, McDonald's has admitted that it uses beef extract in these products, thus provoking the ire of vegetarians, Hindus, Kosher groups, Muslims, and others who ate these items thinking they were suitable for their consumption.

One of the major Muslim objections to this settlement is that the community is not being recognized as a distinct group as the Kosher groups which are given one million dollars in damages or Hindus which are also receiving separate allocations. Instead, Muslims are being lumped into the same group as vegetarians and are being given about half a million from money allocated for vegetarians.

This is a problem since Muslims may consume some vegetarian products but they are meat eaters if the meat is slaughtered in a specific manner. Therefore, they should be considered a party separate from vegetarians for discussion, as well as for fund allocation purposes.

In response to the proposed settlement, Muslims across the US filed 400 objections and 2,000 notices to opt out of the suit. The latter action would allow those who chose it sue McDonald’s even if the settlement goes through.

McDonald's, which offers a Halal diet in several hundred restaurants in the Muslim world and in a couple of locations in the US, has not been responsive to Muslim demands and opposed the Muslim assertion that instead of putting Muslims as part of the vegetarian allocation of funds, they be given separate treatment like other groups. The Muslim argument, although strong, was opposed by McDonald's and other attorneys on the grounds that Muslims did not file a lawsuit against McDonald's like the other groups. Whereas Muslims argued that enough Muslims have objected to the settlement to qualify the proper treatment.

wa-salaam alaykum

SirZubair
04-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Forget about ''dont buy food from non-muslim takeaways..'' ..

..muslims in this time and age need to get their heads straightened.
I know alot of muslims that buy Halal Takeaways DAILY.
Just because something is halal doesnt mean we should abuse the privlages.

i heard this lecture by Hamza Yusuf that whenever Allah mentions the word Halal in the Quran there is always Tayib next to it (halalan tayiba). Tayib means good, so we can't eat anything Halal it has to be tayib as well, good for your body.

So forget about Halal Burgers and Fries for dinner daily...try cooking some Vege's at home once in a while.... :rollseyes

SirZubair
04-25-2006, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Alhamdulilah

In Singapore all fast food are halal...
Love Mc Donald but now adays i boycott it and instead buy Burger ramli from Malaysia....

Delicious much better than Mc D..and BK..LOLOLOL
What im posting below are not my words,they are the words of a very funny bloke from another forum (muslimvillage)

McDonalds are a giant of the corporate world, and they have restaurants all over the world.

I'm sure that if they claim that one or two of their restaurants are now using only halal meat, there should be no doubt in our minds at all.

Why would they lie to us? McDonalds? The folks who brought us everyone's favourite clown, Ronald McDonald? And let's not forget the "Hamburglar" and the big fat purple guy that I forgot the name of, who was in all those ads in the 80's.

They've never lied to us about their ingredients in the past, so why would they start now?

I can't believe that there are some people who would even suspect that McDonalds could be dishonest when they claim that one or two of their restaurants are absolutely 100% halal.

Surely, they are more concerned about the unique dietary needs of Sydney's Muslim community than they are about petty things like profits!

McDonalds LOVES us! McDonalds is our nutritional savior!

Good, nice McDonalds... need to spend more money at McDonalds... need to spend money now... need to eat Big Mac... Big Mac good. Need fries... fries good... Thirsty... mmm... large Coke... mmm... add 50c... get supersize meal...

Hijaabi22
04-25-2006, 05:02 PM
I Aint Gna Bother Readin This Thread, Nothin Puts Me Off The Fish Fillet Meal At Mcdonalds, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sister_6038
04-25-2006, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
I Aint Gna Bother Readin This Thread, Nothin Puts Me Off The Fish Fillet Meal At Mcdonalds, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
why eat that rubbish processed rubbish why not eat the REAL thing....its like chicken and other meat NOTHING tastes as good as the real thing....ewww processed stuff is icky yucky....REAL meat is how it should be!!

seeker_of_ilm
04-25-2006, 05:08 PM

I don't have that problem where I live...theres dozens of halal takeaways, within a few minutes of where I live. However, I think takeaway should be something eaten in moderation, and not every day. It can obviously lead to weight gain, and your body won't function properly, and as the saying goes "healthy body, healthy mind". So takeaway should be enjoyed, but only once every few weeks in my opinion.

Homecooked food tastes waaay better anyway

simply4allah
04-25-2006, 10:52 PM

but it tastes so goooooood:heated:

Sister_6038
04-25-2006, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by simply4allah
but it tastes so goooooood:heated:
you need to taste REAL food bro

simply4allah
04-25-2006, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
you need to taste REAL food bro
I know. This is one of my problems. :hiding:

Sister_6038
04-25-2006, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by simply4allah
I know. This is one of my problems. :hiding:
its not hard just make sure that wherever you go sells food thats not been processed like hell...theres loooads of places...im sure...though i prefer to eat homemade food...nothing beats it....yes yes LOOOOADS OF CHILLI...though i do eat pizza quite a bit...mmmm jalepenos

Lina
04-26-2006, 03:35 PM

It is also in the best interest of people regardless whomever to prevent eating excessive meat, because you never know what is inside the meat.

Believe it or not, butchers put horomones inside meat and fruits to make it grow. I don't know about anywhere else, but I do know that they do this in America. They put all of this horomones inside fruits and meat that is why you see fruits grow all year around which is highly unusual for different climates.
So brothers and sisters, becareful. Pork may not only be hazardous, but beef, chicken and turkey aswell.

If any of you sisters are housewives, continue to cook at home, there is nothing that will make a husband happier than to smell his wife's cooking.

They grow all year around because fruits and vegetables aren't literally being grown on the 'land', they are being grown mostly in 'boxes' in which they produce heat in order for vegetables and fruits to grow all year around.

And import/export is also of influence.

and offcourse genetic manipulation/hormones to achieve growth by some farmers.

Wa Allah ou A'lam

syilla
04-26-2006, 03:43 PM
not just what u eat... haram product like toothpaste, lotions and shoes also should be avoided. Observed the ingredients or make sure it is a muslim products

SirZubair
04-26-2006, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I don't have that problem where I live...theres dozens of halal takeaways, within a few minutes of where I live. However, I think takeaway should be something eaten in moderation, and not every day. It can obviously lead to weight gain, and your body won't function properly, and as the saying goes "healthy body, healthy mind". So takeaway should be enjoyed, but only once every few weeks in my opinion.

Homecooked food tastes waaay better anyway
Halal is everything.
I like your 'healthy body,healthy mind attitutde. :)

Maarya
05-08-2006, 05:31 PM
we hardly eva eat out - my mum doesn't like it, she gets suspicious of everything. even if it's a halaal shop, she'll question it as if she's got an exam on it!

Umm Yoosuf
05-08-2006, 05:32 PM
^^^

hehe

But why do we need to eat out? Why can't we eat in our house? It better that way. Order the food. You get the same pleasure as when you go out Alhamdulilaah

afriend2
05-08-2006, 05:34 PM
salaam,

mashAllah for my PFC! :wub: no need to eat at other places...when there are so many alternatives that are HALAL to choose from :)

wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.