/* */

PDA

View Full Version : please help me learn English

rahi
04-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Asalamu alaykum
My brothers and sisters
I'm studying English .please help on it .:?
please help me.:offended:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
04-17-2006, 08:55 PM
yes....but wat kind of help do u need :?

:w:

rahi
04-17-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid
yes....but wat kind of help do u need :?

:w:
i'm reading some books. but i think it is not enough.
i need somebody help me.somebody to lead me through it.
i try a lot to learn but i think i learn less.
you say how can you and the others help me?

blunderbus
04-17-2006, 11:51 PM
What is your native language? What books are you reading? I would be willing to help if I could. I only speak English but I am trying to learn Spanish. I know how hard it can be.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azim
04-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Salam.

If you could let us know what language you speak, then perhaps someone who speaks the same language could help you.

Insha'Allah let us know if you need any help more specifically.

Salam.

muzna
04-18-2006, 05:35 AM
you know...the best way i've heard of for learning a new language is the emersion method..where you surround yourself with only that language...books..tv programs..friends who speak only that language..you are compelled to learn that language...
books are an amazing way to improve your english..choose books that are interesting and keep you hooked..also keep a dictionary with you so you can refer words you're not familiar with..then think of sentences you can use these words in..

muzna
04-18-2006, 05:37 AM
immersion method...oops..

rahi
04-18-2006, 02:18 PM
yes i myself think that the best way is emersion method.
i'm reading some books like New interchange, grammer in use . And as a dictionary i use "Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English" .
but the problem is that i dont have anybody to speak English with him.
what can i do? without speaking i think i can't improve.
how can u help in this?

czgibson
04-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Greetings rahi,
format_quote Originally Posted by rahi
yes i myself think that the best way is emersion method.
i'm reading some books like New interchange, grammer in use . And as a dictionary i use "Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English" .
but the problem is that i dont have anybody to speak English with him.
what can i do? without speaking i think i can't improve.
how can u help in this?
I was an English language teacher a few years ago, and I agree that the 'immersion method' is very good. It's best if you can find an English person to speak to, but if you can't, you can do other things.

What language do you speak?

Which country do you live in?

Do you have English TV?

If you have no English people to speak with, then the best thing to do is to watch the news in English (or listen to it on the radio). Then you will know how to pronounce the words well.

Also, keep studying your textbooks. Grammar in Use is an excellent book. It's a little boring, I know, but it tells you everything you need to know about grammar.

Keep trying, and good luck. I think you're doing very well anyway - your writing is very good!

Peace

muzna
04-18-2006, 04:33 PM
also..you could chat online with people who use good english..

ivanna25
04-18-2006, 05:22 PM
well, i speak a good English. im graduated in it. i was already a teacher of english. i speak perfect Arabic, good Frensh and little Spanish. i can help you in english and translate things from you from Arabic or Frensh to english, if you do speak these languages.

u have to find all the people who speak english and chat with them on msn. when you find difficult words, just look up their meaning in a dictionary. Also, listen to Sami Yusuf songs or other religious singers and learn the words of the song by heart and explain its meaning.

czgibson
04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by ivanna25
well, i speak a good English. im graduated in it.
:? :? :? :?

u have to find all the people who speak english and chat with them on msn.
I think msn would be very confusing for a learner of English. Words are often spelled incorrectly on it, and there is lots of slang and text-language that wouldn't be in a dictionary.

Heck, I'm an English teacher and I can't understand it!

Peace

ivanna25
04-18-2006, 06:46 PM
yeah, that s true. but when me , you, or anyone else has the intention to teach someone english, we have to be careful when writing in terms of spelling mistakes, grammar, parallelism etc. he has to choose the people who speak a good english and he has to inform everyone that he wants to talk with them using a proper english. Anyway, i gave another option of listening to English religious songs, what you think of this, bro?

ivanna25
04-18-2006, 06:48 PM
and why did you quote " i speak a good english and im graduated in it" and put after that several question marks. what' s wrong with that?

czgibson
04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by ivanna25
Anyway, i gave another option of listening to English religious songs, what you think of this, bro?
Good idea, although the pronunciation is not always clear in songs, so that might make it a bit difficult. You'd have to choose examples where the words are very clear.

and why did you quote " i speak a good english and im graduated in it" and put after that several question marks. what' s wrong with that?
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting. :embarrass

I'm sure you do speak good English, it's just that there are two grammatical mistakes in that portion of written text. It should read:

"I speak good English and I / I've graduated in it."

I apologise again, I know it's annoying when people point out grammar mistakes online. Please forgive me.

Peace

ivanna25
04-18-2006, 07:29 PM
oh, yes, that true, if u read my posts in this forum, u ll find huge mistakes i make. i dont pay attention to spelling mistakes or use capital letters when necessary, but u can test me if u want. i can give u my msn and talk with one another as much as we can and see if i make any mistakes. God knows im Graduated in English literature and i work with British people and all of them praise my english b/c im Arab and i' ve never been in england nor USA.

snakelegs
04-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Asalamu alaykum
My brothers and sisters
hi rahi,
this is a wonderful resource for improving your english from the bbc. they have all kinds of excercises and stuff. check it out.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/

rahi
04-18-2006, 09:59 PM
thank you very much indeed my frinds.
al-Hamdulillah i can find alot of good frinds in this forum to help me.
of course i will study books (grammer books etc) and listen to the radio, whatch films, and i hope i find some good friends to chat.
you know, speaking to someone, this is my problem.
But i'm sure by speaking to you (chatting ,writing in this furom, etc) this problem will be solved.
Thank God for everything

*noor
04-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Asalamu alaykum
My brothers and sisters
how exactly do u want us to help u?? :?

by defining words u dont know??
by explaining something??
let me know and ill try to help u.:)

*noor
04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
to Rahi
What is your first language??

ivanna25
04-18-2006, 10:15 PM
brother rahi has been asked this question many times " what s your mother tongue?" , and he hasnt answered yet, maybe his mother tongue is english and he just wants to test us hos friendly we are to help him :)

rahi
04-19-2006, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
how exactly do u want us to help u?? :?

by defining words u dont know??
by explaining something??
let me know and ill try to help u.:)
thanks
for defining words i use dictionary
my problem as i said before is speaking:

al-Hamdulillah i can find alot of good frinds in this forum to help me.
of course i will study books (grammer books etc) and listen to the radio, whatch films, and i hope i find some good friends to chat.
you know, speaking to someone, this is my problem.
But i'm sure by speaking to you (chatting ,writing in this furom, etc) this problem will be solved.
What is your first language??
my first laguage is Farsi.

salafiah
04-20-2006, 04:15 PM
sorry i m weak in english.

romina
05-21-2006, 07:14 PM
may Allah help you
you plz try your best
[BANANA]I can help you [/BANANA]

Skillganon
05-22-2006, 02:14 AM
my first laguage is Farsi.
I have a Iranian freind, who speak farsi also in my university but i will not give you any contact with him, because of his dubiouse character!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.