/* */

PDA

View Full Version : SAYINGS OF THE PROPHET (peace be upon him)..........

Khattab
04-18-2006, 12:25 AM
:sl:

SAYINGS OF THE PROPHET:

• He who does not thank God does not thank people.

• Help the oppressed (sorrowful) people and guide those who have lost their way.

• God has revealed to me that you must be humble so that no one oppresses another and boasts over another.

• The Compassionate One has mercy on those who are merciful. If you show mercy to those who are on the earth, He Who is in the heaven will show mercy to you.

• Part of being a good Muslim is his leaving alone that which does not concern him.

• None of you becomes a believer until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.

• Let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day either speak good or keep silent; and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his neighbor; and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his guest.

• A man asked the Prophet:
  • "Do you think that if I perform the obligatory prayers, fast in Ramadan, treat as lawful that which is lawful and treat as forbidden that which is forbidden, and do nothing further, I shall enter Paradise ?"
  • He said: "Yes."

• The Prophet Muhammad said to Wabisa bin Mabad: "You have come to ask about righteousness?" He said:" Yes." Then the Prophet said: "Consult your heart. Righteousness is that about which the soul feels tranquil and the heart feels tranquil, and wrongdoing is that which wavers in the soul and causes disturbance in the breast even though people again and again have given you their legal opinion [in its favor]."

• Whoever sees an evil action-- let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart; and that is the weakest of faith."

• Be in the world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer.

• (Explaining the above hadith, the Abdullah ibn Umar used to say: "At the evening do not expect to live till the morning, and at the morning do not expect to live till the evening. Take from your health for your illness and from your life for your death.")

• A person came to the Prophet and said: “Who among the people is most deserving of good treatment from me?

• The Prophet said: “Your mother”. He again asked: “Then who is the next one? The Prophet said: “Again it is your mother” (who deserves the best treatment from you). He asked again: “Then who is the next one?” The Holy Prophet said : “Again, it is your mother”. He asked again: “Then who?” Thereupon the Prophet said: “Then it is your father.”

• Verily Allah does not look to your faces and your wealth but He looks to your heart and to your deeds.

• Beware. Every one of you is a shepherd and every one is answerable with regard to his flock. The Khalifa (the ruler) is a shepherd over the people and shall be questioned about his subjects (as to how he conducted their affairs). A man is a guardian over the members of his family and shall be questioned about them (as to how he looked after their physical and moral wellbeing). A woman is a guardian over the household of her husband and his children and shall be questioned about them (as to how she managed the household and brought up the children). A servant is a guardian over the property of his master and shall be questioned about it (as to how he safeguarded his trust). Beware, every one of you is a guardian and every one of you shall be questioned with regard to his trust.

• It is obligatory upon a Muslim that he should listen to the ruler appointed over him and obey him whether he likes it or not, except when he is ordered to do a sinful thing. If he is ordered to do a sinful act, a Muslim should neither listen to him nor should he obey his orders.

• Whoever likes to be granted more wealth and his lease of life to be prolonged, and then he should keep good relations with his relatives.

• A person said to the Prophet: "O Allah's Apostle! What do you think about my good deeds which I used to do during the period of ignorance (before embracing Islam), like keeping good relations with my relatives, freeing slaves and giving alms etc; shall I receive the reward for that?" Allah's Apostle said, "You have embraced Islam with all those good deeds which you did.”

• The one who looks after and works for a widow and for a poor person is like a warrior fighting for Allah's Cause.

• The Prophet said, "By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer!" It was asked: "Who is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He answered: "That person whose neighbor does not feel safe from his evil.”

• The best among you are those who have the best manners and character.

• The worst people in the sight of Allah on the Day of Resurrection will be the two-faced people who appear to some people with one face and to other people with another face.

• The signs of a hypocrite are three: Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie; and whenever he promises, he breaks his promise; and whenever he is entrusted, he betrays (proves to be dishonest).

• A man came to the Prophet and said, "I keep away from the morning prayer only because such and such a person prolongs the prayer when he leads us in it. The narrator added: I had never seen Allah's Apostle more furious in giving advice than he was on that day. He said, "O people! There are some among you who make others dislike good deeds and cause the others to have aversion (to congregational prayers). Beware! Whoever among you leads the people in prayer should not prolong it, because among them there are the sick, the old, and the needy."

• The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger.

• When Allah's Apostle sent Mu'adh bin Jabal to Yemen, he said to him: "Facilitate things for the people (treat the people in the most agreeable way); do not make things difficult for them; give them glad tidings; and let them not have aversion (i.e. to make the people hate good deeds). You should both work in cooperation and mutual understanding, obey each other."

• A Bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to hit him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him and pour a bucket (full) of water over the place where he had passed urine. The Prophet then said, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them."

• Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not hurt his neighbor, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should serve his guest generously, and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should say what is good or keep quiet.

• Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind.

• If anyone tells you that Muhammad has seen his Lord, he is a liar, for Allah says: 'No vision can grasp Him.' (Holy Qur’an 6: 103) And if anyone tells you that Muhammad has seen the Unseen, he is a liar, for Allah says: "None has the knowledge of the Unseen but Allah.”

• Allah's Apostle used to say at the time of difficulty, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Majestic, the Most Forbearing. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Lord of the Tremendous Throne. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Lord of the Heavens and the Lord of the Honorable Throne.

• The Prophet mentioned the following (as Allah's Saying): "If My slave comes nearer to Me for a span, I go nearer to him for a cubit; and if he comes nearer to Me for a cubit; I go nearer to him for the span of outstretched arms.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NahidSarvy
04-18-2006, 01:47 AM
Where did these sayings all come from? Which collections?

Khattab
04-19-2006, 01:10 PM
:sl:

The article is from IslamOnline which is a reputable site, they dont mention the sources but you are guaranteed they are all authentic quotes.

:w:

mustafib
01-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Salam. Jazakallah, great reminder.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.