PDA

View Full Version : Arsnel And Isreal



Ghazi
04-18-2006, 03:14 PM
:sl:

Arsenal Football Club has just signed a sponsorship deal to promote Israel as a tourist destination from next season. The 350,000 agreement makes Israel Arsenal's "official and exclusive travel destination." Below are just some of the benefits Israel will receive from this deal:



- Israel will be featured on digital perimeter boards and 450 high-definition LCD screens at the stadium on game days;

- Israel will feature on the team's website, Arsenal.com; and in its magazine.

- The televised ads will reach audiences in an estimated 198 countries.

- The Israeli Tourism Ministry will receive intellectual property rights, the use of the team logo and the right to use photos of the team and its players in ads.

- The Israeli Tourism Minister will be allowed use the stadium banqueting hall twice a year and organize an exhibition at the end of the playing season

- The stadium will hold permanent sale tables for Israel t-shirts



The financial advisers Ernst & Young were employed to draft this proposal with the aim of bringing an extra 2 million tourists to Israel annually.



Israel is a racist apartheid state built upon the ethnic cleansing of the indigenous Palestinian Arab population. Anti-apartheid campaigners such as Archbishop Desmond Tutu have called for a complete boycott of Israel similar to that which ultimately resulted in the toppling of the apartheid South African regime. Israels discriminatory policies include the building of the apartheid separation wall which is robbing yet more of the most fertile West Bank land from Palestinians, and creating Bantustan style enclosures for Palestinians to live in.



For a full detailed analysis of the apartheid in Israel and its parallels with apartheid South Africa, please read Chris McGreals excellent 2-part report in the Guardian at the links below:



http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/St...1703245,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/St...1704037,00.html



For Arsenal to sign a deal to promote such a state is to go against the very principles of Kicking Racism out of Football. Amazingly, Arsenals Managing Director who signed the deal, Keith Edelman stated after the deal was signed, We are in the forefront of the anti-racism campaign in England. This deal will no doubt put this reputation into serious question.



As regards football, Israeli human rights groups have repeatedly reported how Israeli soldiers routinely shoot Palestinian children playing football outside their refugee camps. Furthermore, Israeli authorities regularly prevent Palestinian players from attending international games. In September 2004, five players were prevented from traveling to the World Cup qualifier against Uzbekistan. Unable to play in Palestine, the team travels to Doha, Qatar, for "home" games and trains in Ismailia, Egypt, more than 100 miles from the local Gaza players' homes.

For further details: http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-arsenal.html



This campaign is supported by the Islamic Human Rights Commission, Palestinian Return Centre, Innovative Minds, the British Muslim Initiative, the Muslim Association of Britain, the Palestinian Forum in Britain, the Palestine Solidarity Campaign and the Scottish-Palestinian Solidarity Campaign.





Suggested Action



All campaigners are urged to:

a) Contact Arsenal Football Club reminding them that Israel is a racist apartheid state which is consistently in breach of international law in its human rights abuses; and that such a deal endangers Arsenals anti-racist reputation:



Commercial and Marketing Department

Arsenal Football Club
Arsenal Stadium
Avenell Road
Highbury
London N5 1BU

Email: marketing@arsenal.co.uk

Tel. 020 7704 4170

Fax. 020 7704 4171

b) Contact the Football Associations Kick Racism out of Football Campaign reminding them that Israel is a racist apartheid state which is consistently in breach of international law in its human rights abuses; and that such a deal endangers the FAs anti-racist reputation and the Kick it Out campaign itself. Ask the FA to use its influence to prevent the deal going ahead:



Kick It Out

PO Box 29544

London

EC2A 4WR



T: 020 7684 4884

F: 020 7684 4885
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
x Maz x
04-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Hai Hai Hai Hai Hai Hai :'( I'm going to faint i support Arsenal :-(...May Allah guide them mis-lead souls InshAllah WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

MusLiM 4 LiFe
04-18-2006, 05:06 PM
i support arsenal aswel :|
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 05:50 PM
i support islam and in supporting islam i will go and kick arsnels *BEEP*!!! :rant:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
x Maz x
04-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Oh akhi course i support Islam...it comes first in every aspect of life...Arsenal just a side dish :) WalaykumAsalam x
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by x Maz x
Oh akhi course i support Islam...it comes first in every aspect of life...Arsenal just a side dish :) WalaykumAsalam x
your side dish is bitter :p
Reply

mortazaB
04-19-2006, 02:29 AM
Uh... I love Arsenal Henry and Oboue(sp) are lethal, meh till they dont stop supporting Israel screw em'
Reply

dishdash
04-19-2006, 04:03 AM
You'll all have to go support Tottenham Hotspur now! Oh no.... wait....
Reply

north_malaysian
04-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Luckily I'm not into English Premier League. Coz I support Germany!!!!!!
Reply

dishdash
04-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Luckily I'm not into English Premier League. Coz I support Germany!!!!!!
And not Malaysia?! I can understand glory hunters to a certain extent in club football, but in international?!
Reply

north_malaysian
04-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by dishdash
And not Malaysia?! I can understand glory hunters to a certain extent in club football, but in international?!
Malaysian football scene sucks like hell! :p

Actually in the last world cup, I've supported Turkey.But now, NO TURKEY. SO I GO GERMANY!
Reply

x Maz x
04-19-2006, 11:52 AM
'your side dish is bitter '...Yeh i just came into terms with that...its going to leave me mentally scarred for life...now everytime i wake up this article is going to be read back to me :(...WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 01:40 PM
^ LOL hey u do realise its us a bunch of men in shorts playin a game which wont effect ur life :p

you have the Love of Allah, the method of rasullulah saws, you are a muslimah, cheer up :) :) :)
Reply

Muezzin
04-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Not to worry, Minaz and I will just get Leicester City to sponsor Palestine as a tourist destination.

Er...
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 01:45 PM
^ wiv 5p?
Reply

x Maz x
04-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Lauhging out loud...for a bright spark you cant half be dim at times ...jokiiiiing....erm Brother i was being sarcastic...dont pay atention to football that much anymore...by the way Arsenal have got a crucial Champion's league fixture today laaaaaaugh out loud...hehe :-P....MashAllah nicely said by the way course football doesnt revolve around your life but religion does ....WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 04:37 PM
ummm... ok :hiding: :hiding: :statisfie :statisfie :X
Reply

j4763
04-19-2006, 04:42 PM
I very much doubt the players had anything to do with supporting Israel. Shame on you fellow gunners for abandoning your team so quickly.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 04:43 PM
lol its only football :uhwhat
Reply

x Maz x
04-19-2006, 04:47 PM
:'( You making me feel guilty...i wish i never said anything bad about them...as i had always been a loyal fan untill now..:(...By the way they are actually playing a Champion league fixture today if it satisfy you i will be applauding them :) WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

j4763
04-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
lol its only football :uhwhat
ONLY FOOTBALL!!!! Are you mad!!! (or perhaps a little camp... just kidding)!
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by j4763
ONLY FOOTBALL!!!! Are you mad!!! (or perhaps a little camp... just kidding)!
little men kicking around that round thing? lol naa i think ur mad moit ;D ;D
Reply

x Maz x
04-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Yaar (friend in urdu/pari) it may be just be 'little men kicking around that round thing?' but it entertains some citizens so let it be :) laugh out loud WalaykumAsalaam Peace be unto you x
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by x Maz x
Yaar (friend in urdu/pari) it may be just be 'little men kicking around that round thing?' but it entertains some citizens so let it be :) laugh out loud WalaykumAsalaam Peace be unto you x
i think i'll go watch my nephew spit ova towerbridge. should be entertaining ;D ;D ;D


lol i really am kiddin, dont send me death threats :X
Reply

united
04-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by j4763
I very much doubt the players had anything to do with supporting Israel. Shame on you fellow gunners for abandoning your team so quickly.
is football abt players anymore?
its about money and where it goes. so if u want 2 b loyal 2 israel and carry on buying arsenal merchandise... well its up 2 u.
Reply

Bittersteel
04-19-2006, 04:59 PM
fine then.I hereby declare Arsenal haram for Muslims.Those who support Arsenal are the supporters of Israel.Period.

May the Force be with you.
Reply

x Maz x
04-19-2006, 05:00 PM
'i really am kiddin, dont send me death threats' LAUGH OUT LOUD...OKEY I AINT THAT MUCH OF A FOOTY FAN...& 'so if u want 2 b loyal 2 israel and carry on buying arsenal merchandise... well its up 2 u.' hmm who says i buy arsenal merchandise? to be a Gunners supported my dear mouthwater sweet chocalate truffle you dont have to buy products labbelled Arsenal...and same things applies to anything really...i mean stop buying nike, adidas, dont shop from sainsburys...dont buy from tescos erm yh cut cadburys of your list aswell and Marks and spencers *eyes rolly* ...and by the way to the fans money aint really that much of an issue really as we go to watch the matches and watch the entertainment so if thats what floats peoples boats then so be it WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by x Maz x
'i really am kiddin, dont send me death threats' LAUGH OUT LOUD...OKEY I AINT THAT MUCH OF A FOOTY FAN...& 'so if u want 2 b loyal 2 israel and carry on buying arsenal merchandise... well its up 2 u.' hmm who says i buy arsenal merchandise? to be a Gunners supported my dear mouthwater sweet chocalate truffle you dont have to buy products labbelled Arsenal...and same things applies to anything really...i mean stop buying nike, adidas, dont shop from sainsburys...dont buy from tescos erm yh cut cadburys of your list aswell and Marks and spencers *eyes rolly* ...and by the way to the fans money aint really that much of an issue really as we go to watch the matches and watch the entertainment so if thats what floats peoples boats then so be it WalaykumAsalaam x

whooahhh easyyy!!!

tescos now thats a lil far :p lol kiddin, i wish i cud do wivout tescos but its like the center of all our shoppin!!!
Reply

united
04-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by x Maz x
'i really am kiddin, dont send me death threats' LAUGH OUT LOUD...OKEY I AINT THAT MUCH OF A FOOTY FAN...& 'so if u want 2 b loyal 2 israel and carry on buying arsenal merchandise... well its up 2 u.' hmm who says i buy arsenal merchandise? to be a Gunners supported my dear mouthwater sweet chocalate truffle you dont have to buy products labbelled Arsenal...and same things applies to anything really...i mean stop buying nike, adidas, dont shop from sainsburys...dont buy from tescos erm yh cut cadburys of your list aswell and Marks and spencers *eyes rolly* ...and by the way to the fans money aint really that much of an issue really as we go to watch the matches and watch the entertainment so if thats what floats peoples boats then so be it WalaykumAsalaam x
personally, i dont enjoy the taste of muslim blood on my lips. but if u do... then so b it. its not abt whether an individual will make all the difference, its abt principles. and as u say, every1 has different tastes.
Reply

x Maz x
04-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Laugh out loud...well its the truth and most shops that big branded product are based in Israel aswell...I mean take Cocca-Cola for example...each bottle probably funds the killing of Palestinans :( so just felt i had to make my point WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 05:07 PM
WHAT SERIOUS?
ok no more coke for me, seriously, what will Allah say :hiding: :offended:
Reply

x Maz x
04-19-2006, 05:08 PM
I enjoy the blood of Muslims on my lips??? Yeesh this is abit of a heated discussion...when did i ever say i was so much of a devout fan that i went ot the lengths of buying all products labelled Arsenal, ran to every match not missing one (notice ran not walk)...and gave all my monthly charity donations in the haram manner by giving it practically to Israel :( Ah well...WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

j4763
04-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Footballs, football! (to the yanks "soccer" :okay: )

I would think most of the fans dont give a second thought as to were or what there entry fee's and that go. They just wanna see there team play. Most things brought in todays world goes to the govement some way or another. So just enjoy the game! :)
Reply

Cheb
04-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by j4763
Footballs, football! (to the yanks "soccer" :okay: )

I would think most of the fans dont give a second thought as to were or what there entry fee's and that go. They just wanna see there team play. Most things brought in todays world goes to the govement some way or another. So just enjoy the game! :)
We have to look at where the money is going if we want our conscience to be clear. If part of the money we spend goes to the support of the killing and oppression of fellow Muslims or any other religion/people we SHOULD NOT support them in any way, literally.
Reply

x Maz x
04-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Agreed to an extent...but this time i will not intervene and tell you my thoughts i'm afraid there will be a volcanic eruption if i do :( WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

j4763
04-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Cheb
We have to look at where the money is going if we want our conscience to be clear. If part of the money we spend goes to the support of the killing and oppression of fellow Muslims or any other religion/people we SHOULD NOT support them in any way, literally.
In saying that does that mean every Muslim should not drive (pay petrol)? A huge amount of petrol money (the tax) goes to the UK Gov (the ones who also help with the iraq war).
Reply

Khattab
04-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by dishdash
You'll all have to go support Tottenham Hotspur now! Oh no.... wait....
haha ;D
Reply

extinction
04-19-2006, 10:53 PM
well I dont technically support a team meaning I cry when they lose or I feel a loss by manchester united are good so naturally I dont like arsenal anyway so it further adds more to my dislike for them...thanks for adding more fuel to the fire with this article.....
Reply

x Maz x
04-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Stop hating yaar (friend) and start appreciatin' :) WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

dishdash
04-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Cheb
We have to look at where the money is going if we want our conscience to be clear. If part of the money we spend goes to the support of the killing and oppression of fellow Muslims or any other religion/people we SHOULD NOT support them in any way, literally.
Yay Cheb! Hit them with your Taliban stick too! And while you're at it, only buy produce from/support companies that have not used Riba. And while you are searching for such a mythical beast, I, my children, my children's children, their children, their children's children, and all of their descendants shall sit patiently. :hiding:
Reply

Cheb
04-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by dishdash
Yay Cheb! Hit them with your Taliban stick too! And while you're at it, only buy produce from/support companies that have not used Riba. And while you are searching for such a mythical beast, I, my children, my children's children, their children, their children's children, and all of their descendants shall sit patiently. :hiding:
If there are other products on the market then yes we should not buy them. We now KNOW that Arsenal supports Israel and part of the money going to them will go to Israel. So buying their products means that we are contributing directly to their cause.
Things that are necessary for everyday life may not be avoided if there is no alternative, but other things like buying Arsenal products and watching their games, are you going to loose and eye if you stop that?
I know you think this is not realistic or practical but it is. Simply whenever there is a product that supports oppression and suffering, stay away if it is not necessary.
We are 1.5 billion and can make a huge impact on the market. We can easily get our ummah out of this oppression if we work together, but we are too stupid to do that. Damn shame!
Reply

united
04-22-2006, 10:40 AM
this is a quote i like
"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke
Reply

Muezzin
04-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Arsenal's always been dodgy.

Just take a look at the first four letters of the team's name. :p
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Arsenal's always been dodgy.

Just take a look at the first four letters of the team's name. :p
yes this is the main reason i always thot they were a little on the bent side, then all those videos of them slapping *ehhems* over the internet confirmed my suspicions :hiding:
Reply

x Maz x
04-22-2006, 03:05 PM
*Humph*...you guys give up...you know that we are the best team (FOOTY WISE NOT FUNDING!)...despite the fact we are fifth in the premiership *eyes rolly*...but look on the bright side we are currently still in the Champion's league which is by far harder then the Premiership league!...inshAllah we shall defeat Barecelona! and then make your comments!...regarding their name if you hate it then just address them as the Gunners :) WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

Bittersteel
04-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Arsenal
Arse

and again A...nal=Anal.

AstagfirAllah!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply

x Maz x
04-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Ya Akhi! I aint even going to comment regarding the name...how can you judge a team based on their name?..if a revert was called Jesus and had not changed their name the society would take him to be a Christian...therfore...football is a past time, a career...and the name of a team does not matter...no-one really takes into account the name its all about the performance of the team and how good they are footy-wise...so stop judging them in accordance with the name...as i said before if you dont like that name just address them as the Gunners inshAllah WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

dishdash
04-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Cheb
If there are other products on the market then yes we should not buy them. We now KNOW that Arsenal supports Israel and part of the money going to them will go to Israel. So buying their products means that we are contributing directly to their cause.
Things that are necessary for everyday life may not be avoided if there is no alternative, but other things like buying Arsenal products and watching their games, are you going to loose and eye if you stop that?
I know you think this is not realistic or practical but it is. Simply whenever there is a product that supports oppression and suffering, stay away if it is not necessary.
We are 1.5 billion and can make a huge impact on the market. We can easily get our ummah out of this oppression if we work together, but we are too stupid to do that. Damn shame!
Or you could carry on watching Arsenal and use the strength of your deen to resist the temptation of taking a beach holiday in Tel Aviv.

Ah don't get me wrong - I hate Arsenal. A spent force built on one player who they sold (and are now dsiplaying rampant mediocrity, bless them).

But could you explain your rather, what's the word.... dumb... yes, dumb comment that Arsenal will be giving money to Israel?! Dumb seems inadequate. I'm not happy. Really dumb? Mmmm.... getting there. Now I'm no financial genius, so I'd really appreciate you drawing me a diagram explaining how buying say an Arsenal scarf puts pennies or shekels in the pockets of the Zionists. I'm REALLY looking forward to that...
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
i support islam and in supporting islam i will go and kick arsnels *BEEP*!!! :rant:
LOOOOL

I used to support Arsenal, but I don't associate myself with professional football any more, coz who wants to see men dressed in inappropriately short shorts running around a football pitch?:heated:

May Allah DESTROY the Israeli regime!!!!
Reply

dishdash
04-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
May Allah DESTROY the Israeli regime!!!!
How very generous of you mash'Allah. How about: May Allah inspire the Israeli regime to find the word of GOd and the sunna of the seal of the Prophets and take a walk on the light side. May they find Islam insh'Allah.

DESTROY!!! Haha! Are you one of those robots from Doctor Who or Buck Rogers?! If so, it would make a certain kind of sense.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by dishdash
How very generous of you mash'Allah. How about: May Allah inspire the Israeli regime to find the word of GOd and the sunna of the seal of the Prophets and take a walk on the light side. May they find Islam insh'Allah.

DESTROY!!! Haha! Are you one of those robots from Doctor Who or Buck Rogers?! If so, it would make a certain kind of sense.
your her brother and shes your sister, act like it!!
Reply

j4763
04-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Not as rude as to say distory people. Infact he put a very peaceful suggestion across, after all Islam is a peaceful religion is it not? And not a religion that promotes distruction.
Reply

Muezzin
04-24-2006, 03:00 PM
For no reason, here's a Dalek:



'EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE'

And no, Muslims are not Daleks. Nor should we act like them.
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by dishdash
How very generous of you mash'Allah. How about: May Allah inspire the Israeli regime to find the word of GOd and the sunna of the seal of the Prophets and take a walk on the light side. May they find Islam insh'Allah.

DESTROY!!! Haha! Are you one of those robots from Doctor Who or Buck Rogers?! If so, it would make a certain kind of sense.
When you watch crap like that, I understand why you have crap for brains.
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Sis, so as not to be accused of double standards, this kind of response is equally uncalled for...think what would the Prohpet Muhammad (peace be upon him) do in such a situation?
Jazak-Allah for the advice. Cool sig btw.
:w:
Reply

dishdash
04-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Oh yeah, Absolutely. I agree. But what I have a problem with is the manner in which he was "educating" Mu'MiNaH. Surely he could have done it in a more respectful manner?
I could have done. But didn't. I get very bored of people who appear to dip into the parts of the deen that appeal to them and yet overlook the important parts. To alleviate the boredom I decided to let my adab slip somewhat and made the suggestion that my sister was perhaps a creature of science fiction.

To set the record straight I don't believe you are a creature of science fiction. Really I don't. I do however believe that you have an incredibly childlike grasp of important elements of the deen and perhaps I should have just said that up front.

If you'd have suggested destroying Arsenal FC, you may well have garnered a little more support from me. You didn't. Shame cos that would have been light hearted and enjoyable to read.

You hoped that God would destroy the Israeli regime! Destroy rather than save... Nice. I'm not going to trot out stories of the Rasool and how he sought salvation for his enemies. If you love your deen you will eventually come across these stories of our beloved prophet pbuh and perhaps absorb a little of his beautiful manner insh'Allah.

Insh'Allah by maintaining my own lack of adab with you, this will resonate in your heart slightly longer than if I simply corrected your ill-judged slogan. I don't ask you to like me sister, but I do ask you to take the lesson away and give it due diligence.

Allah hafiz.
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by dishdash
I could have done. But didn't. I get very bored of people who appear to dip into the parts of the deen that appeal to them and yet overlook the important parts. To alleviate the boredom I decided to let my adab slip somewhat and made the suggestion that my sister was perhaps a creature of science fiction.

To set the record straight I don't believe you are a creature of science fiction. Really I don't. I do however believe that you have an incredibly childlike grasp of important elements of the deen and perhaps I should have just said that up front.

If you'd have suggested destroying Arsenal FC, you may well have garnered a little more support from me. You didn't. Shame cos that would have been light hearted and enjoyable to read.

You hoped that God would destroy the Israeli regime! Destroy rather than save... Nice. I'm not going to trot out stories of the Rasool and how he sought salvation for his enemies. If you love your deen you will eventually come across these stories of our beloved prophet pbuh and perhaps absorb a little of his beautiful manner insh'Allah.

Insh'Allah by maintaining my own lack of adab with you, this will resonate in your heart slightly longer than if I simply corrected your ill-judged slogan. I don't ask you to like me sister, but I do ask you to take the lesson away and give it due diligence.

Allah hafiz.
Right, because you know me so well? May Allah guide you for slandering your sister in Islam. You know nothing about me, so don't go around saying things that you know nothing about. Perhaps you should step off your soap box for a second and think maybe you need to educate yourself more than I need to. I don't think i'm going to waste any more precious time or energy conversing with you.
Reply

dishdash
04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Right, because you know me so well? May Allah guide you for slandering your sister in Islam. You know nothing about me, so don't go around saying things that you know nothing about. Perhaps you should step off your soap box for a second and think maybe you need to educate yourself more than I need to. I don't think i'm going to waste any more precious time or energy conversing with you.
I see. But you will remember what I have said insh'Allah. And that to be honest is all I am concerned about. :)

Unsure of the slandering part... well, apart from the robot bit - but I took that back. Now if you'd have said exterminate the Israeli regime I may not have taken it back so fast.

Allah swt is already guiding you, mash'Allah.
Reply

dishdash
04-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Are there any FC United of Manchester supporters out there?


Hellooooooo?
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by dishdash
I see. But you will remember what I have said insh'Allah. And that to be honest is all I am concerned about. :)

Unsure of the slandering part... well, apart from the robot bit - but I took that back. Now if you'd have said exterminate the Israeli regime I may not have taken it back so fast.

Allah swt is already guiding you, mash'Allah.
If you read the post that I replied to carefully you will see the slander. You're not going to get very far with your da'wah work with that tone, I must say. But it's nice to see you've softened it down a degree or two.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-24-2006, 04:01 PM
muslims shouldnt quarrel :(
Reply

j4763
04-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by dishdash
Are there any FC United of Manchester supporters out there?


Hellooooooo?
:heated:

I will let this slip (as by the looks of it your not from the uk)
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
muslims shouldnt quarrel :(
:)it's over now insha-Allah.
:w:
Reply

dishdash
04-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
If you read the post that I replied to carefully you will see the slander. You're not going to get very far with your da'wah work with that tone, I must say. But it's nice to see you've softened it down a degree or two.
:) Khyr insh'Allah.

Now tell me - would it be nicer to have the Ariel Sharon's of this world find Islam and become our brothers in the deen of Allah swt and to join us insh'Allah in Janna?

Or to have them destroyed?

I think we are slowly getting to a point where we can both smile and say 'there was a lesson that was given in a less than pleasant way but a lesson eventually received with the intention it was meant'. And in a thread bagging Arsenal to boot... Subhanallah.

My students rarely applaud me in my approach but I am never faulted on the content, alhamdulilah.

Allah hafiz
Reply

dishdash
04-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by j4763
:heated:

I will let this slip (as by the looks of it your not from the uk)
Wh-wh-wh-what? I'm a Belfast-cum-Northamptonshire-via-Oldham boy.

j4763 - now there's a pretty name. Is that your NI number?
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by dishdash
:) Khyr insh'Allah.

Now tell me - would it be nicer to have the Ariel Sharon's of this world find Islam and become our brothers in the deen of Allah swt and to join us insh'Allah in Janna?

Or to have them destroyed?

I think we are slowly getting to a point where we can both smile and say 'there was a lesson that was given in a less than pleasant way but a lesson eventually received with the intention it was meant'. And in a thread bagging Arsenal to boot... Subhanallah.

My students rarely applaud me in my approach but I am never faulted on the content, alhamdulilah.

Allah hafiz
You're a teacher? If i was your student i would fail for sure:p.
I appreciate what you were trying to say, but like your students, i don't care for your previous approach:). Next time insha-Allah, just say it the way you just said it.
:w:
Reply

dishdash
04-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
You're a teacher? If i was your student i would fail for sure:p.
I appreciate what you were trying to say, but like your students, i don't care for your previous approach:). Next time insha-Allah, just say it the way you just said it.
:w:
No robots? Phhh....

Now - let's not derail the thread any longer - people - would it be more fun to see Arsenal lose in the semi-finals or in the Final?
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by dishdash
No robots? Phhh....

Now - let's not derail the thread any longer - people - would it be more fun to see Arsenal lose in the semi-finals or in the Final?
I think that's off-topic too.:-\
So what do you think about the boycott?
:w:
Reply

j4763
04-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by dishdash
Wh-wh-wh-what? I'm a Belfast-cum-Northamptonshire-via-Oldham boy.

j4763 - now there's a pretty name. Is that your NI number?
Na not my insurance number, just a random number that for some reason easy to remember.

The gunners are going to go all the way! Well they bloody better otherwise well have done nothing this season.
Reply

j4763
04-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
I think that's off-topic too.:-\
So what do you think about the boycott?
:w:
I think the boycotts a stupid idea. You might as well boycott everthing sold in the UK, its all taxed and the Gov will get the greedy little mits on it anyway.
Reply

dishdash
04-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Or you could carry on watching Arsenal and use the strength of your deen to resist the temptation of taking a beach holiday in Tel Aviv.

Ah don't get me wrong - I hate Arsenal. A spent force built on one player who they sold (and are now dsiplaying rampant mediocrity, bless them).

But could you explain your rather, what's the word.... dumb... yes, dumb comment that Arsenal will be giving money to Israel?! Dumb seems inadequate. I'm not happy. Really dumb? Mmmm.... getting there. Now I'm no financial genius, so I'd really appreciate you drawing me a diagram explaining how buying say an Arsenal scarf puts pennies or shekels in the pockets of the Zionists. I'm REALLY looking forward to that...
I have actually boycotted Arsenal for a number of years anyway. I also boycott the SCousers, those Elland Road rabble and 'Sutehhh'.

Insh'Allah we shall see the Pakistani and Saudi tourist boards putting up adverts at White Hart Lane.

Boycotting is a pointless exercise.
Reply

x Maz x
04-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeesh *eyes rolly*...
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by j4763
I think the boycotts a stupid idea. You might as well boycott everthing sold in the UK, its all taxed and the Gov will get the greedy little mits on it anyway.
Ok, it is necessary to try and survive, but however it is not necessary to buy Arsenal products. It's bit selfish to still be buying those products needlessly when it could be going towards the bullet in the stomach of palestinian child.
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by dishdash
I have actually boycotted Arsenal for a number of years anyway. I also boycott the SCousers, those Elland Road rabble and 'Sutehhh'.

Insh'Allah we shall see the Pakistani and Saudi tourist boards putting up adverts at White Hart Lane.

Boycotting is a pointless exercise.
I'm sad you think that way. Are you an teacher in an islamic school?
:w:
Reply

dishdash
04-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Something like that.

Boycotting IS a pointless exercise. If you don't think so, please tell me WHEN it HAS worked. Time better spent would be petitioning Allah swt in sincere prayer.

Trouble is, we are somewhat reluctant to look beyond the dunya for solutions and aid. Why is that? Especially when we have been promised victory.
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by dishdash
Something like that.

Boycotting IS a pointless exercise. If you don't think so, please tell me WHEN it HAS worked. Time better spent would be petitioning Allah swt in sincere prayer.

Trouble is, we are somewhat reluctant to look beyond the dunya for solutions and aid. Why is that? Especially when we have been promised victory.
Sorry, is watching manchester united play time better spent? And however small your effort is, it is counted in your book, even if it be an atom's weight of good, you shall see it in the akhirah. It's not about whether we win or not, it's about your intention, and what you are fighting for. Look at Uhud. Are the faithful mujahideen who died that day not among the successful? If we never see the fruits of our labour in our life time? Allah Ta'ala shall show them to us in yawm al qiyamah! Maybe you would not consider it a big deal if you bought these products, but also an atom's weight of evil may be your down fall on that terrible day. Perhaps Allah Ta'ala would show mercy on you on yawm al qiyamah and forgive your sins for the kindness you intended by staying away from products that support the force that is trying to ethnically cleanse them. This isn't about dunya akhee, it's about right and wrong. I totally agree with Cheb on this one.
:w:
Reply

dishdash
04-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Sorry, is watching manchester united play time better spent? And however small your effort is, it is counted in your book, even if it be an atom's weight of good, you shall see it in the akhirah. It's not about whether we win or not, it's about your intention, and what you are fighting for. Look at Uhud. Are the faithful mujahideen who died that day not among the successful? If we never see the fruits of our labour in our life time? Allah Ta'ala shall show them to us in yawm al qiyamah! Maybe you would not consider it a big deal if you bought these products, but also an atom's weight of evil may be your down fall on that terrible day. Perhaps Allah Ta'ala would show mercy on you on yawm al qiyamah and forgive your sins for the kindness you intended by staying away from products that support the force that is trying to ethnically cleanse them. This isn't about dunya akhee, it's about right and wrong. I totally agree with Cheb on this one.
:w:
Thanks for the lesson - I guess I deserve that much! Doesn't change the fact that you have entirely missed my point.

As a girl I hardly expect you to understand a man's need for football...

(And I don't support Man United, I support FCUoM thankyou...)
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by dishdash
Thanks for the lesson - I guess I deserve that much! Doesn't change the fact that you have entirely missed my point.

As a girl I hardly expect you to understand a man's need for football...

(And I don't support Man United, I support FCUoM thankyou...)
My lesson was for when you said boycotting doesn't work. And if your need for football is greater than your need for jannah, then that's a big shame. Otherwise it would be easy to give it up?
:w:
Reply

dishdash
04-27-2006, 01:02 AM
OK - so enunciate to me the exact things you would boycott in this example...
Reply

x Maz x
04-27-2006, 05:12 AM
Boycotting can work on occassions ...For example boycotting the Danish products out of anger and spite at the depictions of the Prophet [Pbuh] in Islamic countries destroyed peoples livings...i know of cases in Pakistan and elsewhere when MUSLIM'S lives were destroyed and their financial income was plummeting and for what? because they had Danish imports..i dont think it has worked in this case...
However bearing that in mind...If you continue ppurchasing haram goods it will end sadly...each product you buy is haram money due to the evidence stated :)...Hope ya'll in th best of Iman and health
Love you for the sake of Allah WalaykumAsalaam x Your Sister in Islam Mariya
Reply

extinction
04-27-2006, 05:13 AM
Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
fine then.I hereby declare Arsenal haram for Muslims.Those who support Arsenal are the supporters of Israel.Period.

May the Force be with you.
ok and you are?
Reply

dishdash
04-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by hafizmo
ok and you are?
Shaykh Al-Stupid of the land of the trigger-happy fatwa. (whispers: You forgot to say salaams to him Hafizmo...)
Reply

dishdash
04-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by x Maz x
Boycotting can work on occassions ...For example boycotting the Danish products out of anger and spite at the depictions of the Prophet [Pbuh] in Islamic countries destroyed peoples livings...i know of cases in Pakistan and elsewhere when MUSLIM'S lives were destroyed and their financial income was plummeting and for what? because they had Danish imports..i dont think it has worked in this case...
However bearing that in mind...If you continue ppurchasing haram goods it will end sadly...each product you buy is haram money due to the evidence stated :)...Hope ya'll in th best of Iman and health
Love you for the sake of Allah WalaykumAsalaam x Your Sister in Islam Mariya
I'm sorry - I couldn't help having a laugh there... I thought for a moment you said that the boycott on Danish goods worked...!!!

Oh my! :giggling:
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by dishdash
Shaykh Al-Stupid of the land of the trigger-happy fatwa. (whispers: You forgot to say salaams to him Hafizmo...)
Let's be civil, shall we? I mean, if we can be merciful enough to make du'a for Sharon we can be merciful to our ikhwan.
:w:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Let's be civil, shall we? I mean, if we can be merciful enough to make du'a for Sharon we can be merciful to our ikhwan.
:w:
whoah seriously? dnt wnna go offtopic but SERIOUSLY?
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
whoah seriously? dnt wnna go offtopic but SERIOUSLY?
Well that's what bro dishdash said.:)
Reply

dishdash
04-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Well that's what bro dishdash said.:)
That's right. I did say that - and jazakallah for saying it too, regardless of the extent you meant it! :) May God reward you if you were sincere.

As for Shaykh al-Stupid - I would like to see his SHariah certification before I start acknowleging his little fatwas. I'll deal with my selective adab in my own time.
Reply

x Maz x
04-27-2006, 03:17 PM
I leave yous to it...WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 10:28 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 01:12 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 04:25 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
  5. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 12:12 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!