/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some words of wisdom

Lateralus63
05-01-2005, 02:56 AM
:sl:

Well i know many of you in this forum are much older than i am (im 15 years old), and well, what i wanted to know is, any tips or words of wisdom for, going into college, going into university, living life at an older age, that sort of thing, much appreciated if anyone is able to contribute.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tazkiyahtulnafs
05-01-2005, 03:30 AM
oh that is a good idea im 16 so it would be benefitual for me as well masha'Allah brother you came up with a very wonderful suggestion

~*TAZ*~

*charisma*
05-01-2005, 04:44 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

my words of wisdom:

"keep your head up high, but dont stick your nose in the air."

"never forget the reason you were put in this world with these type of diverse ppl, because if you do u will lose urself."-charisma

"tis better to give than to recieve"

"keep your pride in Allah high, and your faith higher"-charisma

"if you ever become rich, do good with your money, if you have everything that u need then give some to the needy."-charisma

"study hard, but dont make it your life."-charisma

"be a tree; grow to your highest towards Allah, despite the bad weather that may come your way."-charisma

BlissfullyJaded
05-01-2005, 06:42 AM

^ :thumbs_up

don't chase the world, cuz it will shun you. chase the akhira, and it will await you..

(and that can be applied to college in the sense where people study so much so they get the best job, so in turn they can get the best house and car, etc. in the end what u get from all that wealth anyway. and then we forget about aspiring religious education.)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tazkiyahtulnafs
05-01-2005, 07:07 AM
The Shortest Distance between a Problem and it's Solution is the Distance between your Knees and the Floor. The one who Kneels to Allah (Ta'ala) can Stand Up to Anything.

And whenever you give your word, say the truth [surah al-An’am; 6:152]

And seek help in patience and prayer [surah al-Baqarah; 2:45]

And speak good to people [surah al-Baqarah; 2:83]

And fulfil the Covenant of Allah when you have covenanted [surah al-Nahl; 16:91]

Verily! Allah commands that you should render back the trusts to those to whom they are due [surah al-Nisa’; 4:58]

And let not your hand be tied (like a miser) to your neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach (like a spendthrift) [surah al-Isra’; 17:29]

Eat and drink, but waste not by extravagance [surah al-A’raf; 7:31]

And take a provision (with you) for the journey, but the best provision is al-taqwa (piety, righteousness) [surah al-Baqarah; 2:197]

And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) [surah al-Talaq; 65:2]

And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him [surah al-Talaq; 65:3]

He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah [surah al-Nisa’; 4:80]

By no means shall you attain al-birr (righteousness) until you spend (in Allaah’s cause) of that which you love [surah al ‘Imran; 3:92]

Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of Affairs (for us) [surah al ‘Imran; 3:171]

And walk not on the earth with conceit and arrogance [surah al-Isra’; 17:37]

And turn not your face away from men with pride [surah al-Luqman; 31:18]

And be moderate (or show no arrogance) in your walking, and lower your voice [surah al-Luqman; 31:19]

And give not a thing in order to have more (or consider not your deeds of obedience to Allah as a favour to Allah) [surah al-Muddaththir; 74:6]

“Do not laugh too much, for excessive laughter deadens the heart.”

A bad attitude spoils a good deed just as vinegar spoils honey.”

Lateralus63
05-01-2005, 07:33 AM

these are all such beautful words, keep them coming other members !

Lateralus63
05-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Ok here's one i thought now.

Islam is about submission, think of a muslim in airport security, the metal detector represents islam in its soliditity, the metal objects close to the muslims heart can be likened to his desires, unless a muslim drops all of his desires he will never progress.

Lateralus63
05-01-2005, 07:46 AM
Another one, Ah, morning time is ideal for creative thought!

Money corrupts as black does stain white.

Muhammad
05-01-2005, 02:35 PM

Making decisions that can impact your life is a difficult thing. When you reach college Insha'Allaah, you should think carefully about which subjects you want to study, because these will most likely determine (although not always) what you will do at university. Make sure you go into something that you will enjoy and try to do something that will benefit the Ummah.

One more thing: Make the most of the time that you have now...if you think you have so much work to do that you can't do anything else then it is most likely to get much worse...in college and university you will only get even more work. Sometimes you might be given more flexible hours, depending on the course you do, but in terms of exam stress etc. I think in most cases it just increases the further you go in education. So while you are still doing GCSE's and SATS, these are nothing compared to what is coming.
So the message is (as also mentioned in hadeeth) to use your free time before your preoccupation.

:w:

aamirsaab
05-01-2005, 02:45 PM
We never know how long we have left to live so live your day as if it were your last.

Bint Abdusattar
05-01-2005, 03:02 PM

MAshallah such wonderful replies - these should be for everyone to take on board and not just the little buchay (kids) of the forum.

Danish
05-01-2005, 05:50 PM
"One cannot clap, without utilising both hands" made by Danish ;)

No idea why i said hat :s anyway, work hard + have fun, make sure u do TONS OF REVISION b4 exam, if u r good, they love to have u

oh yeh, GRADES DO MATTER, so get some good A*/A's...no pressure ;)

Protected_Diamond
05-01-2005, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Asalamu Alaikum

my words of wisdom:

"keep your head up high, but dont stick your nose in the air."

"never forget the reason you were put in this world with these type of diverse ppl, because if you do u will lose urself."-charisma

"tis better to give than to recieve"

"keep your pride in Allah high, and your faith higher"-charisma

"if you ever become rich, do good with your money, if you have everything that u need then give some to the needy."-charisma

"study hard, but dont make it your life."-charisma

"be a tree; grow to your highest towards Allah, despite the bad weather that may come your way."-charisma
whoaaa mashallah i love your quotes

deep meaning man is it okay if i put one in my siggie? ;)

*charisma*
05-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Asalamu Alaikum,

babygirl ofcoarse u can use any of 'em in ur sig :)

here are some more since i didnt get a chance to post them last time:

"We live only once, yet we stay dead forever, life is shorter than the hereafter."-me

"Our eyes are placed in the front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back."

"Tears hold all the answers that lead to the heart, so cry when you are happy, cuz if u don't then ur just wasting ur tears."-me

"A leader needs followers to become a king."

"Dont't cry because it is over, smile because it happened."

"To the world your just one person, but to one person you could mean the world."

" If you love someone place their name in a circle not a heart, a heart can be broken, but a circle goes on forever."

"If you aren't willing to die for what you believe in, then you are not fit to live." M.L.K

"We live in deeds, not years; thoughts not breaths; In feelings not figures we dial; We should count time by heart throbs. He who most lives thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best." -David Bailey

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet." - Aristotle

"The Dunyaa is like salt-water; whenever you increase in drinking it, you will also increase in thirst."

"A rose becomes more beautiful as it ages because it grows from the inside out."-me

“Through Allah’s eyes we are all created equal, what sets us apart are our hearts; Through Allah’s eyes we are all created equal, what sets us apart is our faith;
Through Allah’s eyes we are all created equal, what sets us apart is eachother;
We think about money as luxury, yet no amount of money can buy what Allah has provided for us for free. We think about being rich in the eyes of people, but never do we think of looking rich in the eyes of Allah; for Allah doesn’t care what is in our pockets he cares what is in our hearts; Through Allah’s eyes, the richest man is the one with the purest heart. Through Allah’s eyes we were all created equal, what sets us apart is Islam.”-me

“Allah makes it so that you only care about what he judges about you, not what others judge in you.”- me

“Allah created the darkness so that we can appreciate the light.”

"It's sad to see that u care about what you dont have on the outside that u forget what Allah has given u on the inside."-Me

"Without the path of Allah's shining upon our paths, we walk in darkness."-me

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Uthman
05-01-2005, 07:53 PM

They're just top banana! :)

Lateralus63
05-01-2005, 07:57 PM

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. Even as the stone of the fruit must break,
that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.

And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles
of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than
your joy; and you would accept the seasons of your heart,
even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over
your fields.

And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your
grief.... And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has been
fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears."

From one of my favourites, Khalil Gibran

*charisma*
05-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

ok heres more:

The Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah upon him said,

"The [example of the] value of this world in comparison to [that of] the Hereafter is as if you dip a finger in the ocean and then pull it out. So see how much water sticks to it." -Muslim

"Live in this world as though you are a stranger or a traveler [passing through it]." Muslim

"Whoever obeys me, obeys Allah, and whoever disobeys me, disobeys Allah." -Bukhari

The Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah upon him, said "A believer never stop seeking knowledge until he enters Paradise." At-Tirmidhi

The Sun Never says to the earth........... You owe me. Look what happens, With a Love like that.............. It lights the whole sky!

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Protected_Diamond
05-02-2005, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Asalamu Alaikum,

babygirl ofcoarse u can use any of 'em in ur sig :)

here are some more since i didnt get a chance to post them last time:

"We live only once, yet we stay dead forever, life is shorter than the hereafter."-me

"Our eyes are placed in the front because it is more important to look ahead than to look back."

"Tears hold all the answers that lead to the heart, so cry when you are happy, cuz if u don't then ur just wasting ur tears."-me

"A leader needs followers to become a king."

"Dont't cry because it is over, smile because it happened."

"To the world your just one person, but to one person you could mean the world."

" If you love someone place their name in a circle not a heart, a heart can be broken, but a circle goes on forever."

"If you aren't willing to die for what you believe in, then you are not fit to live." M.L.K

"We live in deeds, not years; thoughts not breaths; In feelings not figures we dial; We should count time by heart throbs. He who most lives thinks most, feels the noblest, acts the best." -David Bailey

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet." - Aristotle

"The Dunyaa is like salt-water; whenever you increase in drinking it, you will also increase in thirst."

"A rose becomes more beautiful as it ages because it grows from the inside out."-me

“Through Allah’s eyes we are all created equal, what sets us apart are our hearts; Through Allah’s eyes we are all created equal, what sets us apart is our faith;
Through Allah’s eyes we are all created equal, what sets us apart is eachother;
We think about money as luxury, yet no amount of money can buy what Allah has provided for us for free. We think about being rich in the eyes of people, but never do we think of looking rich in the eyes of Allah; for Allah doesn’t care what is in our pockets he cares what is in our hearts; Through Allah’s eyes, the richest man is the one with the purest heart. Through Allah’s eyes we were all created equal, what sets us apart is Islam.”-me

“Allah makes it so that you only care about what he judges about you, not what others judge in you.”- me

“Allah created the darkness so that we can appreciate the light.”

"It's sad to see that u care about what you dont have on the outside that u forget what Allah has given u on the inside."-Me

"Without the path of Allah's shining upon our paths, we walk in darkness."-me

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
jazahkallah sis :D :applaud:

Protected_Diamond
05-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Worry about Allah and what He wants you to do and He will take care of your worries.
:applaud: mashallah love this quote

"Don't go through life, grow through life."
Allah gives and forgives. Man gets and forgets
:omg: :-[

Falseness lasts an hour, truth lasts till the end of time.
mashallah :D

Men are not influenced by things, but by their thoughts on things.
well i wouldnt know lolz

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
- martin luthor king.. ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.