/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Architecture

Rabi'ya
04-19-2006, 04:35 PM
I just thought we could share some beautiful architecture from around the world.

The Interior of a Malaysian Masjid

Muhammad Ali Masjid, Cairo

Feel free to add to these. I jsut think that the architecture of these masjids are amazing....I could stare at some of the picture for hours.

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 08:21 PM
i wanna go to egypt!!!

Sister_6038
04-19-2006, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
i wanna go to egypt!!!

im going in sept inshaAllah :D:D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
im going in sept inshaAllah :D:D
YE WELL IM GOIN LAHORE ONE DAY INShAALLAH :p

CHEK THIS OUT

Royal Masjid view from canal - Lahore, Pakistan

SubhanAllah... gotta see it one day inshaAllah!!! :happy:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sister_6038
04-19-2006, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

YE WELL IM GOIN LAHORE ONE DAY INShAALLAH :p

CHEK THIS OUT

Royal Masjid view from canal - Lahore, Pakistan

SubhanAllah... gotta see it one da inshaAllah!!! :happy:
i'll just get one of my mates to stick me in their suitcases lololol...and as im a giant it better be a BIG one....:D:D

extinction
04-19-2006, 08:28 PM
hey come on anyone hear been to medina? the prophets (p.b.u.h) mosque is amazing!! was designed by turks...and then theres the blue mosque aka sultan ahmet mosque in istanbul....

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 08:31 PM
I CANT TAKE IT, THIS MASJID IS TOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque at sunset in Brunei

Sister_6038
04-19-2006, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
hey come on anyone hear been to medina? the prophets (p.b.u.h) mosque is amazing!! was designed by turks...and then theres the blue mosque aka sultan ahmet mosque in istanbul....
my mum, sis and bro in law went when they went hajj and they loved it?!!?!? gosh i so wanna do my hajj...im planning on going ummrah next year inshaAllah....seriously i just wanna travel the world to see all the islamic architecture...oh theres so many...inshaAllah i pray that i can see them all....i really really wanna go to China and see the mosques there....malayasia has beautiful mosques too....also i really wanna see the mud mosques too theyre just WOOOOW....

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 08:33 PM
This is what u call amazing!

Masjid Al Haraam (Holy Kaba)

IbnAbdulHakim
04-19-2006, 08:35 PM
WHOAH U WERENT KIDDING!!!

Sister_6038
04-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Yep Its Gorgeous Bro Abd Majid :d:d:d:d:d

extinction
04-19-2006, 08:40 PM
alhamdulillah i got to go to both places numerous number of times...I agree about the haram in makkah also....

Sister_6038
04-19-2006, 08:43 PM
yeh my best friends sis just came back from istanbul day before yday and she loved it....wahey i got pressies too...the coolest little purse thing...wahey and a wicked hijab....im so gonna go turkey and buy me a shedload of hijabs and give half away of course

extinction
04-19-2006, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
yeh my best friends sis just came back from istanbul day before yday and she loved it....wahey i got pressies too...the coolest little purse thing...wahey and a wicked hijab....im so gonna go turkey and buy me a shedload of hijabs and give half away of course
dont forget to visit the graves of some really famous sahabi's..kaab bin maalik abu ayuub ansari who they call sultan ayuub(r.a) and loads more ........

Sister_6038
04-19-2006, 08:50 PM
dont forget to visit the graves of some really famous sahabi's..kaab bin maalik abu ayuub ansari who they call sultan ayuub(r.a) and loads more ........
yep inshaAllah of course....but its gonna be a few years before that happens as there have been allocations in my other slots off my course...as we have rubbish holidays....so ummrah first inshaAllah...morrocco next...and back home...then turkey...inshaAllah

mortazaB
04-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Masjid-e-Namra Arafat

Cheb
04-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Nice thread.

This is the building I work in :) It has Islamic influence in its Architecture.

Another one:

The mosque next to my building:

And another one:

Some mosques in Sharjah:

Mosque in Abu Dhabi. I believe it is the 2nd biggest in the world:

Sister_6038
04-19-2006, 09:16 PM
^^^ i kno brother cheb...sharjah has beautiful mosque mashaAllah the architecture is amazing...

BlissfullyJaded
04-19-2006, 09:44 PM
:sl:

Masjid al Nabawi Minarat and Gate:

Inside the Masjid al Nabawi:

Inside the Masjid al Haram:

Putrajaya Masjid in Malaysia

King Faisal Masjid in Islamabad

:wub: :D

Isma'el
04-20-2006, 01:09 PM

Mashallah Some beautiful Mosque's...but i have to say..the prophets mosque in medina & Haraam Sharif in mecca are the 2 most beautiful

i went to umra last august,,stayed in meeca n medina...ALLAHU AKBAR
am trying to explain how i felt when i seen the haram's in medina /mecca,
but i cannot explain..i cannot find words to describe it.....jst amazing

i got lost for an hour in the haraam in mecca, i was dumbfounded lol..

Even tho the two holy mosque's in mecca n medina are totally diffrent in atmospher.....

Even now when i close my eye's in salaat i can see my self standing before the kabba in the 1st saff.. ....n i can see my self sitting before the mimber of the prophet ..saw.. ( peace be upon him )

..........IF YOU HAVENT BEEN U DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING...............

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2006, 01:23 PM
such extravagance. Makes me kinda glad to be in london. :p

seriously tho wud b nice to at least hav one reeeaaallly huge mosque in london.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-20-2006, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isma'el
..........IF YOU HAVENT BEEN U DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING...............

make dua akhee plz, wanna go end of this year inshaAllah

gbrl
04-20-2006, 02:09 PM
WOW WOW WOW, more more more.... i a great lover of beautiful architecture and this thread should never end.... those pics are great esp cheb and labibah. thanks for sharing. sorry i have nothing to contribute though.

but what do u think of those modern style mosques like the king faisal mosque (posted by labibah)? it looks more like a space station or an airport than a mosque. anyways, if it serves the purpose, so what right? even so the modern styles of arabic calligraphy still impress me. u know those squarish ones.

Z
04-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Salaam.

Labibah, thanks for posting those first 4. Saved me the effort.

Cheb
04-22-2006, 06:14 AM
1 more:

Nobody_
05-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Nice pictures.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.