/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The secret to happiness

sadik
04-20-2006, 02:55 PM
"The secret to happiness is to forget the past and forget the future and live in the present for the Creator."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
04-20-2006, 07:57 PM
:sl:

True!!!...............:)

:w:

extinction
04-20-2006, 07:59 PM
thats a nice quote.....you cant exactly forget the future though cause it hasnt happened but you can cease planning for it ? is that whats trying to be said?

Daffodil
04-21-2006, 02:12 PM
"u cant get to the future wen ur past is present"

i think that is a wikid quote because for someone who never used to practice but starts to wud find it mighty difficult if they didnt let of of the past n still held on to old bad skeletons etc.

also u do need to think about the future because u need to plan for things like jihad n prepare for death etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
04-21-2006, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
"u cant get to the future wen ur past is present"

i think that is a wikid quote because for someone who never used to practice but starts to wud find it mighty difficult if they didnt let of of the past n still held on to old bad skeletons etc.

also u do need to think about the future because u need to plan for things like jihad n prepare for death etc.
making the intention is enough, planning is not really needed. When the time comes it'll happen :), we live relying on Allah.

For example i may b jus sitting down where out of nowhere i mite get the perfect proposal and end up gettin married. trust me this happens a lot!

[S]THAT WAS AN EXAMPLE!!!![/S]

arehat
04-21-2006, 03:49 PM
What great wisdom....

May Allah reward u fr ur great posts

Daffodil
04-21-2006, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
making the intention is enough, planning is not really needed. When the time comes it'll happen :), we live relying on Allah.

For example i may b jus sitting down where out of nowhere i mite get the perfect proposal and end up gettin married. trust me this happens a lot!

[S]THAT WAS AN EXAMPLE!!!![/S]

you plan, and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners.

Im not saying dnt leave anything up to Allah, However u do need to plan to a certain extent, if u gotta go to work u have to plan the journey u cant just sit at home and expect Allah swt to order a cab for u. just an example

IbnAbdulHakim
04-21-2006, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
you plan, and Allah plans and Allah is the best of planners.

Im not saying dnt leave anything up to Allah, However u do need to plan to a certain extent, if u gotta go to work u have to plan the journey u cant just sit at home and expect Allah swt to order a cab for u. just an example
i heard its sunnah to plan a maximum of 5 days ahead :p

Allahu Allam

mujahedeen2087
05-23-2006, 12:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sadik
"The secret to happiness is to forget the past and forget the future and live in the present for the Creator."
mashallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.