/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi

mirage41
04-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Salam,

Hi people. I'm a new member here. I'm a secular Muslim and I just wanted to join to discuss and debate some issues perhaps for learning or teaching a thing or two, and if not at least for some good entertainment.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend2
04-20-2006, 06:30 PM
salaam,

welcome to LI :), inshAllah have a benefitial time here :sister:

looking forward in reading your posts :)

wassalam

extinction
04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
W.Salaam.... secular muslim as in? welcome and like the sis above me said have a beneficial time here..

ishkabab
04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Aslamu Alaikum
welcome to LI wating to see some of 'em posts of urs..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mirage41
04-20-2006, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
W.Salaam.... secular muslim as in? welcome and like the sis above me said have a beneficial time here..
Yeah, I know what you mean. "Secular Muslim" is always a contentious term. I guess I'm what you call a "cultural" or "ethnic" Muslim. But I'm definitely not a believer. Far from it. I hope that's tolerable on this forum.

extinction
04-20-2006, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mirage41
Yeah, I know what you mean. "Secular Muslim" is always a contentious term. I guess I'm what you call a "cultural" or "ethnic" Muslim. But I'm definitely not a believer. Far from it. I hope that's tolerable on this forum.
its not for me or anyone to judge ......i like this one quote from brother tupac he said "only God can judge me" and thats the truth you might never know what sin of mine might condemn me to hell or what good deed of yours might raise your status in the eyes of the Almighty and in lieu of that you will be granted paradise never lose hope from the mercy of Allah ..(yaa ibaadiyalathina asrafu alaa anfusihim laa taqnatu min rahmatillah) basically the quraan ayaat about not losing hope from the mercy of Allah ...it is never to late to learn .....and never ever to late to ask Allah to forgive you and help you in the future in following the right path.....

Rabi'ya
04-20-2006, 06:54 PM
:sl:
welcome to the forum

i hope you enjoy your stay and look forward to your input on the forum

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

mirage41
04-20-2006, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
its not for me or anyone to judge ......i like this one quote from brother tupac he said "only God can judge me" and thats the truth you might never know what sin of mine might condemn me to hell or what good deed of yours might raise your status in the eyes of the Almighty and in lieu of that you will be granted paradise never lose hope from the mercy of Allah ..(yaa ibaadiyalathina asrafu alaa anfusihim laa taqnatu min rahmatillah) basically the quraan ayaat about not losing hope from the mercy of Allah ...it is never to late to learn .....and never ever to late to ask Allah to forgive you and help you in the future in following the right path.....
Yeah, thanks for the positive encouragement. But really, I don't think Allah is really down with the born-muslim-turned-atheist types. Once again, I hope I don't get banned for that.

Rabi'ya
04-20-2006, 07:06 PM
:sl: brother

we all have our doubts at some point. anyway...i hope your input to the forum is enjoyable for you and us and i hope we can learn something of each other

check out the other threads on the forum. theres comparatvive religion too - u might find that interesting...perhaps you could tell us about ur beliefs, or non-beliefs....

look foward to your posts

Rabi'ya:rose:

afriend
04-20-2006, 07:39 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm sure you will learn and benefit from here inshallah.

May Allah be with you.

MetSudaisTwice
04-21-2006, 08:28 AM
greetings
welcome to the forums
peace

hidaayah
04-21-2006, 08:54 AM
:w: and welcum here hope u have a beneficial stay..

Inshallah
04-21-2006, 09:07 AM
welcome to the forums

sapphire
04-21-2006, 02:58 PM
:welcome: to the forums !

enjoy your stay !

The Ruler
04-21-2006, 04:36 PM
salams..

:welcome: to de forums :)

arehat
04-21-2006, 04:38 PM
marhabun enjoy ur stay

NahidSarvy
04-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Peace, Mirage!

Welcome!

Skillganon
04-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Salam,

Hi people. I'm a new member here. I'm a secular Muslim and I just wanted to join to discuss and debate some issues perhaps for learning or teaching a thing or two, and if not at least for some good entertainment.
Secular Muslim?

I never heard of that one before, nor no how it is possible?

Anyway, enjoy your stay here!

extinction
04-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah, thanks for the positive encouragement. But really, I don't think Allah is really down with the born-muslim-turned-atheist types. Once again, I hope I don't get banned for that.
no no no...please really think about what you are doing?/@@!!??!/!?

Umu 'Isa
04-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Hi Mirage,
welcome to the forums :D
just out of curiousity, where are you from? You said you were a cultural muslim, so i was just wondering?

*charisma*
04-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Greetings

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

Islam is neither cultural nor ethnic, its a religion...and everyone was born muslim unless their parents have changed them or even if they changed it themselves...so do u mean you were brought up as a muslim? both of your parents are muslim, etc etc or are u saying that you were born muslim but chose to be athiest (or of another faith) as would be (according to Islam) every other nonmuslims situation...?

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!