/* */

PDA

View Full Version : asalaam alaikum sisters and brothers in Islam/humanity

scentsofjannah
04-21-2006, 04:37 PM
:sl: just registered today seems like a good forum here. I'm a sis of somali origin from yorkshire:) Im unsure about certain things for eg admins and others honour the great sufis(may Allah be pleased with them) and somewhere else the admins also say sufism is shirk?? so im kinda confused about that..:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
04-21-2006, 04:40 PM
:sl:

:welcome: to de forums....enjoy ur stay!! :) :)

:w:

------
04-21-2006, 04:40 PM

First of all, :welcome: to the forums.

Secondly sis, there is no seperation, sects allowed in Islam. We are all one and follow Allah and Muhammad (pbuh).

:)

NahidSarvy
04-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Peace & Welcome!

I'm unsure of your question, but IMHO Sufis are allowed to post here. ;-)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Daffodil
04-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Walaikum Salaam sis.

Where abouts in yorkshire are u from.

I dnt know what admin things ur talking about.

However sufism in itself is fine but then like with every group u get some deviants who follow misguided scholars etc, Some stuff sufis do is bidah, like the dancing n some of the dhikrs they do as it has no evidence from quran or sunnah.

scentsofjannah
04-21-2006, 05:21 PM
thank you all you reply jazakhAllah kulla khair..i'm not sufi since i believe as Imam Malik (ra) said

"whoever studies Jurisprudence [tafaqaha] and didn't study Sufism [tasawwafa] will be corrupted; and whoever studied Sufism and didn't study Jurisprudence will become a heretic; and whoever combined both will be reach the Truth." [the scholar 'Ali al-Adawi , vol. 2, p 195.]

So first id like to learn fiqh inshaAllah because theres a danger of you becoming a deviant if u dont follow fiqh and sharia properly.Many other scholars also said many positive things about tassawuf like Ibn taimiyyah, Abdullah ibn Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab, in addition to classical scholars like Imam As Shafei, Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Ahmad ibn hanbal, Jalaluddin as-Suyuti, Tajuddin as-Subki,Ibn Khaldun, Imam Nawawi (May Allh be pleased with them all) you can go to this article to see their sayings about Tassawuf http://www.therevival.co.uk/articles/tasawwuf.php What I've noticed is that for example the admins honouring shaykh abdal qadir al gilani and on the other hand ive seen the same admins(strangely)say negative things about tassawuf.?

Sis Nafeesa nice to see you i know you from sunniforum(one of the best forums on the net):statisfie.You can pm me if u want dont like to get into details on here. right i think im done for the day...see you all tomorrow inshaAllah:w:

Duhaa
04-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Welcome sister. :)

i know you from sunniforum(one of the best forums on the net)
You'll change your mind after a few days on here. This is the best forum around bar none. :)

sapphire
04-21-2006, 05:35 PM
:welcome: to the forums !

Daffodil
04-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Sis Nafeesa nice to see you i know you from sunniforum(one of the best forums on the net).
lol, asalamulaikum sis, what name are u under in there, n id have to disagree with u on suniforum being the best forum. hence why i dnt go on there any more, i asked them to ban me but they wudnt do, so ive just put de registered in my signature n put my self on away. that site gives me shivers! not in a gud way.

afriend2
04-21-2006, 06:19 PM
salaam :peace:

welcome to LI :) inshAllah have a beneficial stay here :happy:

wassalam

afriend
04-21-2006, 07:26 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Nice name mashallah :wub:

I hope you learn and benefit from this site inshallah!

arehat
04-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Marhaban enjoy ur stay

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.