/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ahl Al-Bait, Ummahat Al-Mu'minin (The Prophets Family)

Slave of Rehman
04-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Ahl Al-Bait, Ummahat Al-Mu'minin (The Prophets Family)

[Excerpt from the book 'Aqeedatu Waasitiyah' (Creed of the Middle Path)] by Ibn Taymiyyah

Ahl as-Sunnah should love the Prophet's family, give them support, and honor the Prophet's will in regard to them, as he said at Ghadir al-Khum: "I ask you by Allah to take care of my family I ask you by Allah to take care of my family." (Muslim)

[The Prophet] (peace be upon him) said to his uncle al-Abbas when he complained to him that some men of Quraysh resent Banu Hashim (the Prophet's clan): "By (Allah) in Whose Hands my soul is! They will never be believers until they love you for the sake of my relationship to you." (Reported by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal and others)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Indeed, Allah chose the sons of isma'il, and from them He chose Kinanah, and from Kinanah He chose Quraysh, and from Quraysh he chose Banu Hashim, and from Banu Hashim He chose me." (Reported by Muslim and Ibn Hanbal)

'Ummahat Al-Mu'minin (The Prophets Wives)

[Ahl as-Sunnah] should give support to the wives of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him), the Mothers of the Believers, and they should believe that they will be his wives in the Hereafter, especially Khadijah (may Allah be pleased with her) the mother of most of his children, and the first person to believe in him and give him support, and he respected her very highly.

And [A'ishah], as-Siddiqah, the daughter of [Abu Bakr] as-Siddiq (may Allah be pleased with her and her father), of whom the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Aa'ishah's superiority over women is like the superiority of ath-Tharid (a dish of sopped bread, meat and broth) over the rest of the food." (Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.