PDA

View Full Version : are u afraid of death?



Helena
04-22-2006, 10:59 PM
:sl:

am sure this quest...hits everybody once in a while.......jus wana knw hw many of u are afraid of death........ and y......

let start wid moi......i am happy and waiting to return to my lord...the one who created me.....and soon we all shall return to him....... as i say or my sig represents every soul shall taste death.....

the only worry is...wot am i taking in return......my wealth...beauty....wot???? wot have i dne for allah(swt) and for his ummah.........dat certainly hits me everytime...........

so wot u all think?????? plz share ur thoughts and expand this further isnhalah...as we all are learners.....

:w:
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdullah4ever
04-22-2006, 11:08 PM
:sl:

I am scared of death. Every time i remember death i say astagfurillah 1000 times so that i try to keep as far as away from hell ... i am scared of death because I fear allah of my past sins and i might get punished :(
Reply

Z
04-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Salaam.

Sometimes I dream about how I'd like to die in certain situations. But then after a while I get tired of working up scenes so pleasant... and it occurs to me that no matter what the time or place, death will never be easy.

Just the thought of the Angel of Death and how it will look is terrifying enough!
Reply

afriend
04-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever
:sl:

I am scared of death. Every time i remember death i say astagfurillah 1000 times so that i try to keep as far as away from hell ... i am scared of death because I fear allah of my past sins and i might get punished :(
Good point....

I would be scared of death.....But I fear the punnishment of the grave etc.

Like RasoolAllah(SAW) once said, there were 2 brothers that became Muslims. One died as a shaheed and the other died a few months later.

RasoolAllah(SAW) said the brother that died later will enter Jannah first before the shaheed, the reason for this is because the brother had more time to do more deeds (e.g. Hajj siyaam etc.)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Helena
04-22-2006, 11:20 PM
:sl:

jazaks for that bro iqram.......makes u realise...wot we lack in...and forget......as we have become more matrialistic....

:w:
Reply

FatimaAsSideqah
04-22-2006, 11:26 PM
As-salaam alaykum

I aint fear od death because I am only fear of Allah Almighty..and His Warning too! I will try to smile when I am dead...:sister:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-22-2006, 11:33 PM

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 423:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The angel of death was sent to Moses and when he went to him, Moses slapped him severely, spoiling one of his eyes. The angel went back to his Lord, and said, "You sent me to a slave who does not want to die." Allah restored his eye and said, "Go back and tell him (i.e. Moses) to place his hand over the back of an ox, for he will be allowed to live for a number of years equal to the number of hairs coming under his hand." (So the angel came to him and told him the same). Then Moses asked, "O my Lord! What will be then?" He said, "Death will be then." He said, "(Let it be) now." He asked Allah that He bring him near the Sacred Land at a distance of a stone's throw. Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "Were I there I would show you the grave of Moses by the way near the red sand hill."


well while we certainly cant slap death in the face, we can at least do all we can to try make sure that he is gentle wiv us. I heard that the prophet saws said the one who is good thruout his life will hav a gentle death as though the soul drips out the body like the water of a watersking and the man who is evil thruout his life will have a death of that as tho a man is being dragged out his body painfully as the cotton is slowly dragged thru thorns... (i believe i gave my hadith quote in another post, inshaAllah i'll post it later)

:sl:
Reply

Helena
04-22-2006, 11:35 PM
mashallah bro mazed...well explained....

:w:
Reply

Snowflake
04-22-2006, 11:57 PM
I think I'm scared of the punishments after death, rather than death itself. There are times when I actually want to die. Especially during salah when I'm so absorbed in my awareness of Allah, I just want my whole being to disintergrate on the prayer mat in that state. Hope I die doing something that pleases Allah, InshaAllah. Oh, I hope we all die like that. Ameen.
Reply

shaharoun
04-23-2006, 01:01 AM
:sl:
Death,death,death..........Actually no one can escape rom it,No matter where
you are,who are you,one day Angle of death must visit you for the purpose of
separating your soul from your body.No one can be completely firm on that incidence.We all have to seek refuge from Allah.The bad death indicate bad life in the grave then abode in the hell fire.
we have to prepare for it,keep on remembering it is the way of thinking about preparation.
See the Hadith below:
Narrated 'Aisha: (the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Apostle used to invoke Allah in the prayer saying "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min adhabil-qabri, wa a'udhu bika min fitnatil-masihid-dajjal, wa a'udhu bika min fitnatil-mahya wa fitnatil-mamati. Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-ma thami wal-maghrami. (O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the punishment of the grave and from the afflictions of Masi,h Ad-Dajjal and from the afflictions of life and Death. O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the sins and from being in debt)." Somebody said to him, "Why do you so frequently seek refuge with Allah from being in debt?" The Prophet replied, "A person in debt tells lies whenever he speaks, and breaks promises whenever he makes (them)." 'Aisha also narrated: I heard Allah's Apostle in his prayer seeking refuge with Allah from the afflictions of Ad-dajjal. (Sahih Bukhari Book #12, Hadith #795)
:w:
Reply

*noor
04-23-2006, 01:22 AM
i am afraid of death, but i have to say that i am more afraid of what might happen to me after death, like punishment of the grave and hell.....a'oozobillah!!!

May Allah forgive us all of our sins- the big and the ones that we see as small.

Ameen
Reply

Nawal89
04-23-2006, 01:25 AM
i'm afraid of death at the same time i'm looking foward to it. Most things start after death. But what if i'm not prepared for that? It scares me.
Reply

Muslimaatan
04-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Death is not something to be afraid of if ur a good muslim..i guess the only reason 2 be afraid of death is cuz ur not ready to meet Allah yet..need 2 do more 3ebadah, and TAWBAH!! we have this play wer'e doin in skool, about death..n wer'e usin the nasheed layal ghareeb..n actin it..i couldnt stop cryin wen we were practicin..it makes u think...Subhaana Allah
Reply

786rani
04-23-2006, 08:44 PM
i'm really scared of death because i fear Allah will punish me for past sins. Allah is merciful and almighty let's hope he forgives us all.
rani
Reply

x Maz x
04-24-2006, 04:04 AM
:'(..I'm a sinner as is everyone else in this Dunya..enough said :(WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

mirage41
04-24-2006, 04:44 AM
I'm afraid of death. Mainly because I'm afraid the Mormon religion might end up being the correct one. *shivers*
Reply

Inshallah
04-24-2006, 05:18 AM
No doubht i am because i'm not prepared for death yet and when i am prepared: death will give me an dawat which i'll gracefully accept.
Reply

E'jaazi
04-24-2006, 05:27 AM
I am afraid of death because I fear the Judgement of Allah. I keep thinking I have time to get myself together and worship as I should or as the Salaf worshipped in the time of the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam). But I know that Allah can take my soul at anytime, and I never feel as though I have done enough good deeds to tip the scale in my favor or to be given my book of deeds in my right hand. May Allah guide us all to righteous deeds and save us from the fire! Ameen!
Reply

extinction
04-24-2006, 05:41 AM
Death is not something to be afraid of if ur a good muslim
How many of us can actually say we are good muslims? In my opinion almost no one ....
i'm really scared of death because i fear Allah will punish me for past sins.
same boat..different section of course lol
Allah merciful and almighty let's hope he forgives us all.
Ameen
Reply

snakelegs
04-24-2006, 07:28 AM
i don't think i'm afraid of death, but i am afraid of prolonged illness, pain, loss of control and dependence. that's really scary.
Reply

"..MariAm.."
04-24-2006, 07:50 AM
ASALAMOALAIKUM
i am not afraid of death .........i just pray to ALLAH now and then that i want to be martyred !! :) but still i m afraid to think that wat deeds i will present infront ALLAH :(
Reply

extinction
04-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by ..MariAm..
i just pray to ALLAH now and then that i want to be martyred !!
I heard that is forbidden in Islam to ask for such things? Am I correct?
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
i don't think i'm afraid of death, but i am afraid of prolonged illness, pain, loss of control and dependence. that's really scary.
:thumbs_up

but u do realise noones lived to explain the pain of death :p
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by hafizmo
I heard that is forbidden in Islam to ask for such things? Am I correct?
i heard in extreme circumstances its ok... EXTREME!!!

Allahu allam
Reply

------
04-24-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm not afraid of death coz I know that we have to return to Him anyway. I just hope that I have the Kalimah on my lips when I die.
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 09:42 AM
NOPE. I just pray to Allah that I die in a state of iman, and not as a kaafir, ameen.
:w:
Reply

Maryam22
04-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
:thumbs_up

but u do realise noones lived to explain the pain of death :p
:sl:
I don't know exactly what u mean here, but heres an extract from the book 'the minor resurection (what happens after death)', by "Umar S. al-Ashqar. the section is called 'The stupor of death.'
'Some wise people may speak of the hardship and stupor that they are suffering at the time of death. For example, when 'Amr ibn al-'Aas was on his death bed, his son said to him, "O' my father! you used to say, would that I could meet a wise, intelligent man when he is dying, so that he might describe what he sees. You are that man, so describe it to me." He said, "o' my son, by Allah, it is as if Iam lying n a boxand breathing through the eye of a needle, and as if there is a thorny peircing branch being pulled from the bottom of my feet throiugh to the top of my head." '

If anyone decides to read this book, my advice is, read about something else as well, eg paradise, the angels, etc anything.
:sl:
Reply

Maryam22
04-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by mirage41
I'm afraid of death. Mainly because I'm afraid the Mormon religion might end up being the correct one. *shivers*
hi, why don't u convert into islam, and feel comforted.
Reply

Qurratul Ayn
04-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

The fear of Jahannam and the fire. The Afterlife. The Day of Judgemnt. It has to happen one day and we all have to accept the fact that it will. I am scared of dying but I have to be strong for my family especially since my Father passed away.

We Muslims have to think of death 70 times in a day. Death is so near. Whenever Allah Ta'ala has willed for us to go we have to go. No turning back.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah.
Reply

------
04-24-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm afraid of death. Mainly because I'm afraid the Mormon religion might end up being the correct one. *shivers*
U wish :rollseyes
Reply

Omer21
04-24-2006, 04:59 PM
0% chance on Mormons being the correct religion.
Allah SWT perfected one religion and it is Islam and the prophet saws is the seal of prophets.

No other religion can explain death, heaven, hell existence of God, prophets, life in general and all the duas for everyday living like Islam can. It is the only religion that is through in all details.

What other religon has duas prayer for:
waking up
sleeping
eating
drinking
using the bathroom
leaving the bathrom
traveling
wearing clothes
leaving on a journey
returning home from journey

that is the tip of the iceburg.

my father passed away 3 weeks ago in the hospital. My mother and 3 brothers were holding his hands reciting the kalima out loud so he can hear it. He was intubated with a breating tube so he couldn't talk he would nod his head when I told him to read the kalima. His death was peaceful and surrounded by family reciting the kalima.

may Allah swt make our death easy and our questing in the grave easy, raise us under the flag of prophet Muhammed saws on the day of Judement and give us shade when there will be no shade, and make us enter paradise without a severe question Ameen!!!!
Reply

snakelegs
04-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Originally Posted by Omer21
What other religon has duas prayer for:
waking up
sleeping
eating
drinking
using the bathroom
leaving the bathrom
traveling
wearing clothes
leaving on a journey
returning home from journey
judaism.
Reply

snakelegs
04-25-2006, 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
:thumbs_up

but u do realise noones lived to explain the pain of death :p
i don't understand this question.
Reply

SirZubair
04-25-2006, 04:52 AM
I am afraid of death,because of the fact that i will have to face my maker and will be punished for my sins.
But if i carry on being one of the righteous (insha'allah),i wont have to worry.

Truth is,...im afraid of Life on earth more.. :grumbling
Reply

mirage41
04-25-2006, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by Omer21
0% chance on Mormons being the correct religion.
Allah SWT perfected one religion and it is Islam and the prophet saws is the seal of prophets.

No other religion can explain death, heaven, hell existence of God, prophets, life in general and all the duas for everyday living like Islam can. It is the only religion that is through in all details.

What other religon has duas prayer for:
waking up
sleeping
eating
drinking
using the bathroom
leaving the bathrom
traveling
wearing clothes
leaving on a journey
returning home from journey

that is the tip of the iceburg.

my father passed away 3 weeks ago in the hospital. My mother and 3 brothers were holding his hands reciting the kalima out loud so he can hear it. He was intubated with a breating tube so he couldn't talk he would nod his head when I told him to read the kalima. His death was peaceful and surrounded by family reciting the kalima.

may Allah swt make our death easy and our questing in the grave easy, raise us under the flag of prophet Muhammed saws on the day of Judement and give us shade when there will be no shade, and make us enter paradise without a severe question Ameen!!!!

I'm completely convinced. Takbir!
Reply

julie sarri
04-25-2006, 01:12 PM
:sl: death visits us 70 times in the day and ask allah(swt) if he can take us yet that every 20 mintes i am afraid of the punishment by allah but that keeps me on my toes and thinking of the next thing i can do to please allah (swt)for he is all forgiving most mercyful:w:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
i don't understand this question.
lol sry for not being clear.

i meant that everyone fears that which other people have experienced and have expressed there hardship towards. We've seen people suffer in hospitol beds etc.

But we havent seen the process, the pain, the agony of death nor have we heard about it.
How do we kno that death is easy? for all we kno it cud b harder then everypain we went thru in this life.....
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Maryam22
:sl:
I don't know exactly what u mean here,:
i've explained what i mean, only muslims kno the effects on death thru faith. No1 else :)
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
i agree with akhee Abd'Majid.
:w:
Reply

Nicola
04-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
:thumbs_up

but u do realise noones lived to explain the pain of death :p
Actually if you search around...there are plenty of people who have been proved clinicly, medically dead in hopitals...left their bodies explained to doctors later exactly what was doctors where doing to their bodies while they lay there dead..and then come back to their physical bodies..to tell the tale.
Some of their experiences are quite fascinating and beautiful, some very scary.

The worst thing about death is being separated from God.
Reply

- Qatada -
04-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Nicola

The worst thing about death is being separated from God.

We believe that we'll return to our Lord on the day of Judgement. This is the day when the Creator (God) will meet the creation, and Adam (peace be upon him) will see all his children.

Everyone will be summed up to face God, and God will judge the people on what they did in this world. If they were believers, and submitted to the will of God - they will get paradise if God wills, whereas if they were disbelievers and didn't want to submit to what God had ordered them to do, then they may end up in the worst place which is the hellfire.


So in reality, the death is the beginning of the eternal life, but the end of this temporary life to determine whether we would accept God or not. And the afterlife is the real life for the believer (as a muslim.)


..and Allaah Almighty knows best.


Peace.
Reply

mizan_aliashraf
04-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Salam
Why should we be afraid to die? we know it will eventually come to everyone. there is no escaping it, despite what we hear people say. There are no if's, no but's WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! face it. A good person will look forward to death and meeting his/her lord, while a bad person will not look forward to death. He/She will just take in the world and enjoy every last minute of it. Just remember that one moment in hell is enough to make you forget everything you did in your life. So the enjoyment in this world is not really worth it.
Wassalam
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Nicola
Actually if you search around...there are plenty of people who have been proved clinicly, medically dead in hopitals...left their bodies explained to doctors later exactly what was doctors where doing to their bodies while they lay there dead..and then come back to their physical bodies..to tell the tale.
Some of their experiences are quite fascinating and beautiful, some very scary.

The worst thing about death is being separated from God.
really? whoah interesting, do you hav any of these stories by anychance?

:peace: :)
Reply

Nicola
04-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Fi_Sabilillah;274505]


We believe that we'll return to our Lord on the day of Judgement. This is the day when the Creator (God) will meet the creation, and Adam (peace be upon him) will see all his children.

Everyone will be summed up to face God, and God will judge the people on what they did in this world. If they were believers, and submitted to the will of God - they will get paradise if God wills, whereas if they were disbelievers and didn't want to submit to what God had ordered them to do, then they may end up in the worst place which is the hellfire.


So in reality, the death is the beginning of the eternal life, but the end of this temporary life to determine whether we would accept God or not. And the afterlife is the real life for the believer (as a muslim.)


..and Allaah Almighty knows best.


Peace.
thanks...In Chrisitianity the beliefs are very similiar to Islams on this issue.

Except born-again Christians will definatly return to live with our Father for eternity, we don't have to wait until judgement day to know that...but we will still be judged on our works and rewarded accordingly to how we each served other people.

We know there will be a second death which Jesus tells us about, this is for people who would not accept him to cover their sins from the wrath of God on Judgement day.
That is the death I was meaning in my ealier post...
When we say Jesus saves...what we mean is Jesus saves us from Gods' wrath.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Nicola
thanks...In Chrisitianity the beliefs are very similiar to Islams on this issue.

Except born-again Christians will definatly return to live with our Father for eternity, we don't have to wait until judgement day to know that...but we will still be judged on our works and rewarded accordingly to how we each served other people.

We know there will be a second death which Jesus tells us about, this is for people who would not accept him to cover their sins from the wrath of God on Judgement day.
That is the death I was meaning in my ealier post...
When we say Jesus saves...what we mean is Jesus saves us from Gods' wrath.
hmm, well a person really isnt DEAD unless his soul has been to Allah... i think :? kinda confusing myself
Reply

Nicola
04-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
hmm, well a person really isnt DEAD unless his soul has been to Allah... i think :? kinda confusing myself

sorry i'm confusing you..

Jesus tells us there are two deaths...
a physical death...two people in the bible never had a physcal death.



GENESIS 5:21-24
"When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. And after he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether, Enoch lived 365 years. Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away."
II KINGS 2:11
"As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind."
We also know before the great tribulation there will be a rapture, a calling out of all Christians who are still alive on earth, they will be gathered and our Lord will meet them on clouds in the air.

The second death is the spiritual death
In Genesis 2:17, God tells Adam that in the day he eats of the forbidden fruit he will “surely die.” Adam does , but his physical death does not occur immediately; Adam was now spiritualy dead...They where separated from God because of their sin.

Before Jesus died on the cross, He experienced a spiritual death also. A separation form God.
Mark 15:33-34
He cries, “My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?” This spiritual separation from the Father was the result of the Son’s taking our sins upon Himself.
God always turns away from sin and God always requiress payment for sin, to be separated from God is spiritual death.

Matthew 10:28
Jesus said: And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
When we are born again, the spiritual death is reversed. Before salvation, we are dead (spiritually), but Jesus gives us life. “And you hath he quickened [made alive], who were dead in trespasses and sins” (Ephesians 2:1).
Reply

Halima
04-25-2006, 05:57 PM
:sl:

I can honestly tell you that no I'm not afraid of death and I think no one else should because you should have that strong relationship with Allah(swt). Once you have that rest assured you will expect what will happen to you when you die.

Death is fear of the unknown. However, there are more than enough clues provided that you are good in this life followed by the hereafter.

:w:
Reply

Roo_88
04-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Muslimaatan
Death is not something to be afraid of if ur a good muslim..i guess the only reason 2 be afraid of death is cuz ur not ready to meet Allah yet
I agree.. if you are constantly preparing for death (praying and doing good deeds) you don't have to be scared because Allah will always love you and forgive us all. InshAllah.
Reply

------
04-25-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
i don't understand this question.
No one can describe how painful death is as they die by then :rollseyes
Reply

samobosna96
04-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Nicola
thanks...In Chrisitianity the beliefs are very similiar to Islams on this issue.

Except born-again Christians will definatly return to live with our Father for eternity, we don't have to wait until judgement day to know that...but we will still be judged on our works and rewarded accordingly to how we each served other people.

We know there will be a second death which Jesus tells us about, this is for people who would not accept him to cover their sins from the wrath of God on Judgement day.
That is the death I was meaning in my ealier post...
When we say Jesus saves...what we mean is Jesus saves us from Gods' wrath.

what makes you so strongly believe that Jesus will save you and you can be so determined that you will see paradise? So if jesus saves all Muslims are going to hell in you opinion????? In my view based off Islamic knowledge all those who disbelieve in Allah will see the hell fire (although muslims can go to hell too)... does your relgion state that Muslims go to hell if we dont accept jesus as saviour??
Reply

Omar Khalil
04-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I think I'm scared of the punishments after death, rather than death itself. There are times when I actually want to die. Especially during salah when I'm so absorbed in my awareness of Allah, I just want my whole being to disintergrate on the prayer mat in that state. Hope I die doing something that pleases Allah, InshaAllah. Oh, I hope we all die like that. Ameen.
Assalamu Alakium
I am also scared of the wrath of Allah, for my past bad deeds! I'm not scared of death itself, because it's part of life...we must all face death. When somebody thinks bad thoughts about death...think of it as being one step closer to Allah (s.w.t.). Insha Allah
Reply

------
04-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Omar Khalil
Assalamu Alakium
I am also scared of the wrath of Allah, for my past bad deeds! I'm not scared of death itself, because it's part of life...we must all face death. When somebody thinks bad thoughts about death...think of it as being one step closer to Allah (s.w.t.). Insha Allah
Well said! Definitely deserves reps! :D
Reply

Omar Khalil
04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Islamic Kuri
Well said! Definitely deserves reps! :D
Thanks...I've only been studing the deen for 2 years, but everyday I learn something new about the mercy of Allah, and it makes me feel closer to him and all of mankind.:statisfie
Reply

ummAbdillah
04-25-2006, 07:14 PM
am not afraid of death, am scared of what will happen to me after death!
may allah al-mighty take us to jannah
ameen
:)
Reply

snakelegs
04-26-2006, 04:38 AM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
lol sry for not being clear.

i meant that everyone fears that which other people have experienced and have expressed there hardship towards. We've seen people suffer in hospitol beds etc.

But we havent seen the process, the pain, the agony of death nor have we heard about it.
How do we kno that death is easy? for all we kno it cud b harder then everypain we went thru in this life.....
oh, i see your point. pain and being dependent scares me more than death - maybe for the reason you say - that i'm familiar with these and know how horrible they can be. these fears overshadow any fear of death i might feel.
Reply

snakelegs
04-26-2006, 05:11 AM
i am struck by the fear expressed by many religious people here. it doesn't make religion seem very appealing - who wants to be even more afraid? i would expect more from relgion.
Reply

Safa
04-26-2006, 05:46 AM
i am struck by the fear expressed by many religious people here. it doesn't make religion seem very appealing - who wants to be even more afraid? i would expect more from relgion.
Appealing? Is that why people follow religion, because they find it appealing?

Anyway, you can't judge religion based on what people think and it seems that you don't know enough about it to be able judge.

Fear shows how devoted Muslims are to their religion, which is a necessary part of faith but at the same time we know that Allah is all Merciful and has promised rewards for our good deeds.

And whoever does good an atom's weight will see it then.- 99:7

And whoever does ill an atom's weight will see it then.-99:8

"Their rewards is with their Lord; Gardens of Paradise, beneath which rivers flow; where they will dwell forever. Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him. This is for him who fears his Lord." - 98:8


Peace.
Reply

snakelegs
04-26-2006, 06:12 AM
[QUOTE=Safa;275526]Appealing? Is that why people follow religion, because they find it appealing?
well, yes. i think people would adopt a religion because it appealed to them.

Anyway, you can't judge religion based on what people think and it seems that you don't know enough about it to be able judge.
agreed.

Fear shows how devoted Muslims are to their religion, which is a necessary part of faith but at the same time we know that Allah is all Merciful and has promised rewards for our good deeds.
actually, i didn't mean islam only. i have heard similar fears voiced by christians.
QUOTE]
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
04-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
oh, i see your point. pain and being dependent scares me more than death - maybe for the reason you say - that i'm familiar with these and know how horrible they can be. these fears overshadow any fear of death i might feel.
nothin to fear but fear itself.Fear removes all contentment in my opinion and clouds ones judgement at times... AT TIMES!!! :p
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Lol yeah, i used to fear pain n death 2... but now i kinda can't wait 2 meet my Rabb:D.
:w:
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 10:39 AM
LOL... yeh as if it wud ever be that easy!
Reply

Qurratul Ayn
04-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

True Sister ~Mu'MiNaH~, death is not easy as it comes neither is life as it goes by.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah
Reply

Qurratul Ayn
04-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sister Ai'shah, darkness is what will envelope us in the grave once the grave is filled up but Inshallah Ta'ala all the Muslims graves shall be filled with light and joys until the Day of Judgement.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 10:47 AM
erm sis... ull have bigger fears trust me:D... like the angels of death questioning u!
but insha-Allah it will be easy;).
And what u mentioned sounds like suicide:eek:!
:w:
Reply

Qurratul Ayn
04-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Who me, Sister ~Mu'MiNaH~? What have I written? Please correct me or assure if I am right or wrong.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-26-2006, 10:57 AM
whaaaaaaaaaat..... i didn't even know it was once!
Reply

Qurratul Ayn
04-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sisters, I don't know about the Angel of Death but I do know that you are supposed to think od death 70 times a day as death can come any time whenever Allah Ta'ala decides.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 10:30 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 02:15 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 02:00 PM
  4. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 07:16 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 10:22 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!