/* */

PDA

View Full Version : College and Majors

*noor
04-23-2006, 02:09 AM
What are you studying in college?? What is your major??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
extinction
04-23-2006, 03:46 AM
I think there is a thread like this already...but anyhow.....Im studying undergrad in pharmacy and my major is pharmacy...to be a doctor in pharmacy

*charisma*
04-23-2006, 03:53 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

If Allah wills my life to run smoothly then inshallah i wanna be a medical doctor or a chemical engineer, whichever i feel most comfortable with during the time of the big decision..and then after that i wanna become a Aalimah inshallah, inshallah, inshallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

cool_jannah
04-23-2006, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
..and then after that i wanna become a Aalimah inshallah, inshallah, inshallah
MashaAllah. Aameeen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
extinction
04-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

If Allah wills my life to run smoothly then inshallah i wanna be a medical doctor or a chemical engineer, whichever i feel most comfortable with during the time of the big decision..and then after that i wanna become a Aalimah inshallah, inshallah, inshallah

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
wow you have big plans inshallah you will be able to complete them...isnt a med doctor like 7 years and alimaah like 5? so altogether 12 years?

*charisma*
04-23-2006, 07:35 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Docs 8 yrs (less if i take classes during summers as well) ...and then inshallah with whatever money i make i wanna open up an islamic school, travel to 3rd world countries n help out over there....and when i feel like retiring or whatever i guess ill put myself back into school and become a aalimah inshallah inshallah..

will take some time, but will only occur through Allah's help and ofcoarse if i live that long inshallah...but yea thats what i plan to do

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

extinction
04-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Docs 8 yrs (less if i take classes during summers as well) ...and then inshallah with whatever money i make i wanna open up an islamic school, travel to 3rd world countries n help out over there....and when i feel like retiring or whatever i guess ill put myself back into school and become a aalimah inshallah inshallah..

will take some time, but will only occur through Allah's help and ofcoarse if i live that long inshallah...but yea thats what i plan to do

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
cool idea now you got me thinking..cause I quit alim course.........I had 5 years left

*noor
04-23-2006, 04:04 PM
oh yea i forgot to mention want i want to major in when i go to college, which is in several months,
im not 100% sure yet, but i think i want to study pshychology..........maybe clinical psychology.............a while back my parents wanted me to be a doctor............but i cant stand the sight of blood.....................but im not really sure wat i want to do cuz i keep changing ma mind. ive thought of physical therapy, pharmacy, biology, and even chem for a while, but im not sure wat i wanted to do. over the past couple of years, i ve had all of those thoughts about those majors and careers but now i think i want to study psychology...........im not sure.................but thats y i started this thread......hoping to get ideas maybe.....see wat others r studying, maybe get some opinions........;so if someone has any suggestions feel free to say them here so thanx pplz.

salam

Safa
04-23-2006, 04:23 PM
:sl:

Psychology is a good major, you have a lot research opportunites with that major if that's what your planning to do. You could find jobs in hospitals or other research institutions. I've worked with researchers before and they told me that they studied psychology as un undergrad and I believe went to graduate school after that. Basically what I've seen the researchers do is they work with psychologists, observe their patients and try to develop or invent new methods of diagnosing a disease. I thought it was pretty cool job they were doing.

I'm studying chemistry and lab sciences as an undergrad. I'd like to get involved into research inshaAllah.

:w:

*noor
04-23-2006, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safa

Psychology is a good major, you have a lot research opportunites with that major if that's what your planning to do. You could find jobs in hospitals or other research institutions. I've worked with researchers before and they told me that they studied psychology as un undergrad and I believe went to graduate school after that. Basically what I've seen the researchers do is they work with psychologists, observe their patients and try to develop or invent new methods of diagnosing a disease. I thought it was pretty cool job they were doing.

I'm studying chemistry and lab sciences as an undergrad. I'd like to get involved into research inshaAllah.

:) thanx so much Safa, thanx for the info and ur opinion.........so im probably going to end up studying pshychology. if i study psych i think i might want to work in a hospital, clinic, or maybe even in a school as a counselor or shcool psychologist

i hope u do well with your chem and lab sciences. inshallah you will be successful and get involved into research.:)

salam

Sunflower
04-23-2006, 04:32 PM
ive noticed that most of the threads are from ppl in USA but i want to study psychology at uni next year (in the UK by the way) inshallah and like sis norofislam my mum wasnt to happy when i told her that i wasnt going to do medicine:rant: but then she came round alhamdulliallah :).
i think psychology is a good degree but i no many who disagree with me. oh well we cant please everyone... or can we?:happy:

*noor
04-23-2006, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah 4eva
ive noticed that most of the threads are from ppl in USA but i want to study psychology at uni next year (in the UK by the way) inshallah and like sis norofislam my mum wasnt to happy when i told her that i wasnt going to do medicine:rant: but then she came round alhamdulliallah :).
i think psychology is a good degree but i no many who disagree with me. oh well we cant please everyone... or can we?:happy:

ur right we cant please everyone........so lets just follow our hearts and what we want to do.:) :happy:
at least that way we wont live through college hating wat we're studying..

Sunflower
04-23-2006, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
ur right we cant please everyone........so lets just follow our hearts and what we want to do.:) :happy:
at least that way we wont live through college hating wat we're studying..
exactly what i think and the only reason my mum came round :sister:

Issa
04-23-2006, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
oh yea i forgot to mention want i want to major in when i go to college, which is in several months,
im not 100% sure yet, but i think i want to study pshychology..........maybe clinical psychology.............a while back my parents wanted me to be a doctor............but i cant stand the sight of blood.....................but im not really sure wat i want to do cuz i keep changing ma mind. ive thought of physical therapy, pharmacy, biology, and even chem for a while, but im not sure wat i wanted to do. over the past couple of years, i ve had all of those thoughts about those majors and careers but now i think i want to study psychology...........im not sure.................but thats y i started this thread......hoping to get ideas maybe.....see wat others r studying, maybe get some opinions........;so if someone has any suggestions feel free to say them here so thanx pplz.

salam
As-salamu Alaykum,

Psychology is a good majar! That is my major too. I plan to get my BA in psychology then I am off to law school, insha Allah.

Helena
04-23-2006, 04:45 PM

well am at uni....undergraduate course...BA education studies....planning to become a teacher inshalah....make dua for me inshalah...

ummAbdillah
04-23-2006, 04:47 PM
salaam
kool i love psychology :)
wow manshallah sis *charisma*
ma salaam

Nasir_bhai
04-23-2006, 04:58 PM
salaam

well im just finishing my first year at uni. im doing BSc in computer science, i hope to become a programmer or a web designer. shud be fun, make duaa inshaAllah.

wsalaam

*noor
04-23-2006, 06:04 PM
thanx for the info pplz!! good luck. i will make duaa' for all of you inshallah just dont forget to make duaa' for me.
thanks.

*noor
04-23-2006, 11:32 PM
anyone else major in psychology???

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.