/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus' return

glo
04-23-2006, 08:48 AM
Good morning all!

I tried to post this thread yesterday, but somehow it got zapped - perhaps I pressed the wrong button?! :rollseyes

Anyway, here I go again:

I would like to ask what Islam teaches about Jesus' return.
I understand (Tell me if I'm wrong!) that Muslims - like Christians - believe that Jesus will return on the Day of Judgement. Is that true?

I wonder why such a seemingly superior role is given to him and not Muhammed, who is the greater prophet?
How will Jesus return? What will he do?

(Please forgive me if I don't use the right terminology. It is sheer ignorance on my part, and no offence is intended to Muhammed or his followers!)

Thanks!:)

glo

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
04-24-2006, 04:01 AM
Salaam,

Propeht Jesus son of MAry shall return to save the world from the dajjal..

The Dajjal will be destroyed by the presence of Prophet Jesus,then Prophet Jesus son of Mary as will marry have children and then die.

He will destroy the cross and the swine.

Propeht Jesus son of MAry as,place not higher than Prophet Muhammad saw but in retrospect as the Prophecies say...he will destroy the cross and the swine",,,that mena he will destroy all concept of him being god..

and what better way to do that unless Allah sent Prophet Jesus son of Mary as back as the final sign for mankind..

A veritable sign after which any doubters will suffer for their own choices.

For more deatiled prophecies..go to here

http://www.islam.tc/prophecies/

mirage41
04-24-2006, 04:48 AM
The Islamic take on what will happen when Jesus returns is quite funny. Get this: when Jesus returns he's going "break the crosses and kill the swine". Can you believe that? Out off all the problems on Earth that need fixing - poverty, war, disease, crime, terror, intolerance - Jesus is going all out on crosses and pigs!

E'jaazi
04-24-2006, 05:19 AM
Peace! Here is a brief answer for you to ponder.

We believe that he will come back down at the end of time, and will disprove the claim of his enemies the Jews that they killed him, and will disprove the claim of the Christians that he is God or the son of God, and he will not accept anything from them but Islam.

Al-Bukhaari (2222) and Muslim (155) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, soon the son of Maryam will descend among you [according to another report: the Hour will not begin until the son of Maryam descends among you] as a just judge. He will break the cross, kill the pigs and abolish the jizyah, and money will become abundant until no one will accept it.”

“Soon” means it will inevitably happen quickly.

“will descend among you” means among this ummah.

“A just judge” means that he will come down and rule according to this sharee’ah, and that this sharee’ah will remain and not be abrogated, rather ‘Eesa will be one of the rulers of this ummah.

“He will break the cross and kill the pigs” means he will declare as false the religion of the Christians by breaking the cross in a real sense and proving false the Christians’ claims and veneration of the cross.

“and he will abolish the jizyah”:

al-Nawawi said:

The correct view concerning this is that he will not accept it, and he will not accept anything from the kaafirs but Islam. If any of them offer the jizyah that will not make him stop fighting them. Rather he will not accept anything but Islam or death. This is the view of Imam Abu Sulaymaan al-Khattaabi and other scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them).

End quote.

“Money will become abundant” – the reason for this abundance will be the descent of blessings and the spread of goodness because of justice and the absence of oppression or wrongdoing. At that time the earth will bring forth its treasures, and desire to keep money will decrease because they will know that that Hour is at hand.

Then he will die and the Muslims will offer the funeral prayer for him and bury him.

Ahmad (9349) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I am the closest of people to ‘Eesa ibn Maryam because there was no Prophet between him and me…” Then he mentioned his descent at the end of time. Then he said: “And he will remain for as long as Allaah wills he should remain, then he will die and the Muslims will offer the funeral prayer for him and bury him.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (2182).

We believe that he will disavow himself on the Day of Resurrection of the claims that he was a god.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when Allaah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): 'O ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allaah?’ He will say: ‘Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner‑self though I do not know what is in Yours; truly, You, only You, are the All‑Knower of all that is hidden (and unseen).

Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allaah) did command me to say: Worship Allaah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things’”

[al-Maa'idah 5:116-117]

“ ‘Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allaah) did command me to say: Worship Allaah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things’”

[al-Maa'idah 5:116-117]

This is what the Muslims believe about the Messiah ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him).

Al-Bukhaari (3435) and Muslim (28) narrated from ‘Ubaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever bears witness that there is no god but Allaah alone, with no partner or associate, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger, and that ‘Eesa is His slave and Messenger, a word which Allaah bestowed upon Maryam and a spirit created by Him, and that Paradise is real, and Hell is real, Allaah will admit him through whichever of the eight gates of Paradise he wishes.”

We ask Allaah to make us steadfast in faith and to cause us to die as believers.

May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
04-24-2006, 06:44 AM
Hey Jedi

Put that lightsabre away, before you have somebody's eye out! ;D

glo

Zulkiflim
04-24-2006, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mirage41
The Islamic take on what will happen when Jesus returns is quite funny. Get this: when Jesus returns he's going "break the crosses and kill the swine". Can you believe that? Out off all the problems on Earth that need fixing - poverty, war, disease, crime, terror, intolerance - Jesus is going all out on crosses and pigs!

Salaam,

Would it not be best if you read the entire links of what Prophet Jesus rturn will do??

Here is a summary

[PIE]III. The Blessings of Hadhrat Isa (Jesus) (A.S.)

1 Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will descend and stay on earth.
2 His descension will be in the last era of the Ummat.
3 He will be a just ruler and a fair judge.
4 His ummat will be the Khalifa (deputies) of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam).
5 He will act himself and instruct others on the Qur'an and Hadith (Shariat/Tradition of Islam).
6 He will lead people in Salaat (Prayer).
7 He will stay on earth for a period of 40 years after descending. The will be the best era of the Ummat after the first era of Islam.
8 Allah will protect his companions from Jahannam.
9 Those who will save the Deen of Islam by associating themselves with Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will be amongst the most loved by Allah Ta'ala.
10 During this period all other religions and mazhabs besides Islam will perish, hence there will be no kuffaars (non-believers) in the world.
11 Jihad will be stopped.
12 No Khiraaj will be taken.
13 Nor Jizya (protection tax) money from the kafirs (non-believers)
14 Wealth and property will be in surplus to such an extent that there will be no one to accept the wealth of the other (everyone will be independent).
15 Receiving Zakaat (Alms-giving, Charity to poor) and Saadaqa will be discarded (as there will be no poor to receive them!).
16 The people will love the sajda (prostration to God) more than the world and what it consists of.
17 All types of Deeni (religious) and worldly blessings will descend on earth (many halaal (lawful) things will be created).
18 There will be peace, harmony and tranquility during the time of Hadhrat Isa (A.S.)'s stay in the world.
19 There will be no animosity for a period of seven years, even between two persons.
20 All hearts will be free from miserliness, envy, hatred, malice and jealousy.
21 For a period of forty years no one will fall ill or die.
22 Venom will be taken out of all venomous animals.
23 Snakes and scorpions will not harm anyone to the extent that if a child put his hand in its mouth, he will not be harmed.
24 Will animals will not harm anyone.
25 If a man will pass a lion, he will not be troubled or harmed, or even if any girl will open its mouth to test if it will do anything.
26 The camels will graze among lions, cheetahs with cattle and the jackals with goats.
27 The fertility of the land will increase to such an extent that even if a seed is planted in a hard rock, it will sprout.
28 A pomegranate will be so huge that a jamaat will be able to eat it and the people will use its peel as shade.
29 There will be so much barakaat (blessing) in milk that a camel will suffice for a huge jamaat, a cow for a tribe and a goat for a family.
30 In short, life will be most pleasant after the descension of Jesus (A.S.).

His Marriage, Death and Deputies

After his descension on earth, Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will marry. He will have children, and he will remain on earth 19 years after marriage. He will pass away and Muslims will perform his Janaza Salaat and bury him net to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). (Tirmidhi)[/PIE]

PS..the Cross and the swine will still be destroyed

Nicola
04-24-2006, 09:07 AM

Only the anti-christ would distroy the cross...because he knows he is defeated

Alphaseed
04-25-2006, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Would it not be best if you read the entire links of what Prophet Jesus rturn will do??

Here is a summary

[PIE]III. The Blessings of Hadhrat Isa (Jesus) (A.S.)

1 Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will descend and stay on earth.
2 His descension will be in the last era of the Ummat.
3 He will be a just ruler and a fair judge.
4 His ummat will be the Khalifa (deputies) of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam).
5 He will act himself and instruct others on the Qur'an and Hadith (Shariat/Tradition of Islam).
6 He will lead people in Salaat (Prayer).
7 He will stay on earth for a period of 40 years after descending. The will be the best era of the Ummat after the first era of Islam.
8 Allah will protect his companions from Jahannam.
9 Those who will save the Deen of Islam by associating themselves with Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will be amongst the most loved by Allah Ta'ala.
10 During this period all other religions and mazhabs besides Islam will perish, hence there will be no kuffaars (non-believers) in the world.
11 Jihad will be stopped.
12 No Khiraaj will be taken.
13 Nor Jizya (protection tax) money from the kafirs (non-believers)
14 Wealth and property will be in surplus to such an extent that there will be no one to accept the wealth of the other (everyone will be independent).
15 Receiving Zakaat (Alms-giving, Charity to poor) and Saadaqa will be discarded (as there will be no poor to receive them!).
16 The people will love the sajda (prostration to God) more than the world and what it consists of.
17 All types of Deeni (religious) and worldly blessings will descend on earth (many halaal (lawful) things will be created).
18 There will be peace, harmony and tranquility during the time of Hadhrat Isa (A.S.)'s stay in the world.
19 There will be no animosity for a period of seven years, even between two persons.
20 All hearts will be free from miserliness, envy, hatred, malice and jealousy.
21 For a period of forty years no one will fall ill or die.
22 Venom will be taken out of all venomous animals.
23 Snakes and scorpions will not harm anyone to the extent that if a child put his hand in its mouth, he will not be harmed.
24 Will animals will not harm anyone.
25 If a man will pass a lion, he will not be troubled or harmed, or even if any girl will open its mouth to test if it will do anything.
26 The camels will graze among lions, cheetahs with cattle and the jackals with goats.
27 The fertility of the land will increase to such an extent that even if a seed is planted in a hard rock, it will sprout.
28 A pomegranate will be so huge that a jamaat will be able to eat it and the people will use its peel as shade.
29 There will be so much barakaat (blessing) in milk that a camel will suffice for a huge jamaat, a cow for a tribe and a goat for a family.
30 In short, life will be most pleasant after the descension of Jesus (A.S.).

His Marriage, Death and Deputies

After his descension on earth, Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will marry. He will have children, and he will remain on earth 19 years after marriage. He will pass away and Muslims will perform his Janaza Salaat and bury him net to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). (Tirmidhi)[/PIE]

PS..the Cross and the swine will still be destroyed
Muslims Having all this revealtion About Yeshua ,Why do you not accept Him as Your Savior ?

moujahid
04-25-2006, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alphaseed
Muslims Having all this revealtion About Yeshua ,Why do you not accept Him as Your Savior ?
He was a Prophet of God, He performed miracles, only by the help of Allah.
It will be a sin to consider anybody except for Allah as the savior.

simply4allah
04-26-2006, 12:02 AM
maybe it's important since Jesus worshippers have lead many good people astray and kept them from seeking Allah alone

PrIM3
04-26-2006, 12:16 AM
mmm I am puzzled right now--- you say Jesus isn't God or Son of God but-- why would Allah spend extra time and give Jesus a unique birth then have Him return... seems to me that He could have done the same thing that He did with the other prophets.

couldn't find the Jesus and is he God thread... sorry

simply4allah
04-26-2006, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PrIM3
mmm I am puzzled right now--- you say Jesus isn't God or Son of God but-- why would Allah spend extra time and give Jesus a unique birth then have Him return... seems to me that He could have done the same thing that He did with the other prophets.

each prophet had there own purpose

Alphaseed
04-26-2006, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by moujahid
He was a Prophet of God, He performed miracles, only by the help of Allah.
It will be a sin to consider anybody except for Allah as the savior.
I can't ever get an answer for this question.

But did Muhammed performed any miracles, Like gave sight to the blind, a voice to the deaf mutes, cleanned the lepers, walked on water, resurrected the dead ?

mirage41
04-26-2006, 02:13 AM

But did Muhammed performed any miracles, Like gave sight to the blind, a voice to the deaf mutes, cleanned the lepers, walked on water, resurrected the dead ?
I could say Muhammad split the moon, you could say Jesus turned water to wine. Either way miracles occuring thousands of years ago are unprovable and most likely just made up stuff anyways.

abuhanaan
04-26-2006, 04:31 AM

Salam,

I would like to clarify that Allah or God as we Muslims see Him is absolutely different to us human. Therefore there is no need for Him to "spend extra time" or whatever imaginations/concepts non-Muslims have about The Superior Being.

It is the most common trap for those who wish to look for the truth. Who is God? Where is God? How does He looks like? etc. Frustrated people will use their limited knowledge (i.e. through their senses) in order to imagine God. And that is when we find people worship idols in the form of an elephant for example (the one who started this may have thought at that time this is the biggest living thing around therefore it must be God). Or maybe an idol with eight hands (the one who started this may have thought that we human got two hands, therefore God ought to have more). And of course there are people who imagine that God is very much like us (having family and all). We cannot explain The Superior Being Allah using our imaginations alone. Allah Sees but He does not see the way human see. Allah Hears but He does not hear the way we human hear.

Coming back to the topic, the Prophet Isa (a.s.) second coming to this world was told mostly in the words of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.). Muslims should believe in this, keep it in their hearts. That is why Muslims need to pray and fast because Prophet Isa(a.s.) will recognize Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) followers by looking to their actions. Prophet Isa (a.s.) prostrated during prayers as well as fasting. He will never recognize crucifixs since he never used them to pray!

Muslim Knight
04-26-2006, 05:48 AM

Why would Allah spend extra time and give Adam & Eve unique birth (no father, no mother)?

Why would Allah spend extra time and give Melchizedek the same existence?

Why would Allah spend extra time and allow Jonah to live inside the belly of a whale?

Why would Allah spend extra time destroying the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and before that warning the Prophet Lot by sending Angels in the form of men to aid him?

Why would Allah spend extra time allowing the Sea to part to give way to Moses and his people to escape the Pharaoh?

There are dozens other examples we could draw upon the miracles of God. Glory be to God that no other human being can perform miracles except through His permission. Exalted is He, Allah, the one and only God.

glo
04-26-2006, 05:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Propeht Jesus son of MAry shall return to save the world from the dajjal..

The Dajjal will be destroyed by the presence of Prophet Jesus,then Prophet Jesus son of Mary as will marry have children and then die.

He will destroy the cross and the swine.
I am interested to know how you believe Jesus will return.
Will he just reappear? Or be reborn again?

You believe he will marry and have children???
Before, during or after he saves the world?
And most interestingly, how will you know him? Will he be identifiable to all, or just to believers, or will he go undetected by most?

glo

Muslim Knight
04-26-2006, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

And most interestingly, how will you know him? Will he be identifiable to all, or just to believers, or will he go undetected by most?

glo
There are many sources in authentic Hadiths (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad salallahu 'alayhi wassalaam) about the return of Jesus to destroy Dajjal (Antichrist) and restore the true religion of Abraham.

This might interest you Jesus Will Return - by Harun Yahya

E'jaazi
04-26-2006, 06:18 AM

22Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

As you can see by this verse, Acts 2:22, that God did the miracles thru Jesus. Jesus did not do them himself. I am sure you are aware of the verse where Jesus says (paraphrased) "Of my own I can do nothing..." Also, you are instructed by Jesus to "Worship God, his Lord and your Lord." That is who the Muslims worship - Allah (God) is our Lord and the Lord of Jesus.

north_malaysian
04-26-2006, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

glo
Some people saying he will descended at Omayyad Mosque in Damascus on Friday to finish up a Friday Sermon.

If he really descended from sky on Friday in front of thousands Friday prayer worshippers - OF COURSE HE COULD BE RECOGNIZED!:amin:

Nicola
04-26-2006, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Some people saying he will descended at Omayyad Mosque in Damascus on Friday to finish up a Friday Sermon.

If he really descended from sky on Friday in front of thousands Friday prayer worshippers - OF COURSE HE COULD BE RECOGNIZED!:amin:

You say some people say believe Damascus...what about other Muslims where do they believe he return to?

We are told in the Old Testement that Jesus would return down on the mount of Olivers in Jerusalam...at the same spot he ascending to the father.

Zech 3:8-I WILL BRING FORTH MY SERVANT THE BRANCH
Zech 6:12-THE BRANCH...HE SHALL BUILD
Zech 8:3-I AM RETURNED
Zech 9:10-HIS DOMINION SHALL BE
Zech 12:10-THEY SHALL LOOK UPON ME WHOM THEY HAVE PIERCED
Zech 14:3-THEN SHALL THE LORD GO FORTH
Zech 14:4-HIS FEET SHALL STAND...UPON THE MOUNT OF OLIVES

PrIM3
04-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Why would Allah spend extra time and give Adam & Eve unique birth (no father, no mother)?

well I guess since they were the first human beings..

Why would Allah spend extra time and give Melchizedek the same existence?

was Melchizedek born of a virgin? idk really never read it. but would like to know thank you

Why would Allah spend extra time and allow Jonah to live inside the belly of a whale?

now this was not the point I was trying to make....

but really--- if Jesus was just another prophet would it really matter if He was born of a virgin?

this is not an arguement--- I just posed a question that I couldn't think up the reason why...

north_malaysian
04-27-2006, 09:43 AM
why would Allah spend extra time and give Jesus a unique birth
Adam have unique birth
Eve have unique birth too.

north_malaysian
04-27-2006, 09:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
You say some people say believe Damascus...what about other Muslims where do they believe he return to?
Some believe in Dome of Rock, Jerusalem some believe in Mecca.

PrIM3
04-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Adam have unique birth
Eve have unique birth too.
well yeah... they were the first creations or humans--

north_malaysian
04-28-2006, 01:31 AM
well yeah... they were the first creations or humans--
Buddha has unique birth too ... so as pre-Islamic Malay legend 'Sang Sapurba'.

syilla
04-28-2006, 01:40 AM
during that time... anyone who does not believe in Allah... will never be given a second chance.

May Allah will guide me to the right path...

PrIM3
04-28-2006, 01:40 AM
Buddha has unique birth too ... so as pre-Islamic Malay legend 'Sang Sapurba'.
didn't know muslims believed in Buddha... learning something new everyday

well anyways. sorry for my detour off the topic..

syilla
04-28-2006, 02:07 AM
i believe that budda first started only to teach people to practice the right and practical way of life. Not really about religion... then only their believers started to worship the budda.

Al-Mu'min
04-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Peace and blessings.

"Verily, the likeness of Jesus in God's Sight is the likeness of Adam. He (God) created him(Adam) from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!'-and he was" (Quran 3:59)

Check this article out:

~ B e ~ C o n v i n c e d ~

Peace out.

P.S
Muslims don't believe in Buddha.

mirage41
04-28-2006, 06:51 AM
I had a unique birth too. Worship me.

Al-Mu'min
04-28-2006, 06:58 AM
I had a unique birth too. Worship me.
Tough luck. Try again later..;D

north_malaysian
04-28-2006, 07:43 AM
didn't know muslims believed in Buddha... learning something new everyday

well anyways. sorry for my detour off the topic..
Buddha, Krishna, Confucius might be prophets too.

syilla
04-28-2006, 07:47 AM
heard that too...

north_malaysian
04-28-2006, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
heard that too...
maybe somebody more knowledgeble can advice us on these ... whther Buddha, Mahavira, Krishna, Confucius, Akhnaten could be god prophets (anbia')?

Zulkiflim
04-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Salaam,

Miracles are but a sign of Prophet hood and Allah grace..

Miracles by Prophet Muhammad saw was and many and comparable tot eh great works done by other Porphets...BUT IT ALL BY ALLAH GRACE..

So worship the CREATOR not CREATION..

If miracle is th reason for faith then trulyl your faith is fickle...for then you will need miracles daily to confirm and establish your faith.

it is like to one whom has contact to Allah,then ask for some food,,then later on a banquet then a palace.......UNENDING...for then Allah becomes a servant of man not man is a servant of Allah..

Allah know swhat is best for us and Inshallah,if we follow then it is better..

Many religion has started out with just 1 god then slowly..they started to split for then that reliogn becomes amenable to "EVOLUTION"...

thus is innovation in religon harram in Islam..

Say not 3 nor any number but 1
Worship the Creator not Creation..

Zulkiflim
04-28-2006, 03:43 PM
maybe somebody more knowledgeble can advice us on these ... whther Buddha, Mahavira, Krishna, Confucius, Akhnaten could be god prophets (anbia')?

Salaam,

Only Allah knows but what is truth is that Allah has said that a messenger is sent to all races...so it up for interpretation..

So it is best to say simply that Allah sent messenger to guide mankind ..

those Messenger would have taught the same as in Islam,One god,,,,but over time it has been perverted to suit man needs..

Even now Chrisitanity has changed so much from whence it once say God is ONE....the unitarians..

Silver
04-28-2006, 07:46 PM
Jesus will return and he will kill the dajjal who will try to convince people that he is God and mislead them so Jesus will come back and he will destroy the dajjal.He will live on earth fo 40 years and there shall be justice ,he will be a muslim and he will urge people to embrace islam and when he dies he will be given a muslim funeral and will be burried next to our dear prophet Muhammed(PBUH)

PrIM3
04-28-2006, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
Jesus will return and he will kill the dajjal who will try to convince people that he is God and mislead them so Jesus will come back and he will destroy the dajjal.He will live on earth fo 40 years and there shall be justice ,he will be a muslim and he will urge people to embrace islam and when he dies he will be given a muslim funeral and will be burried next to our dear prophet Muhammed(PBUH)
Question:

by what you just said you make it sound like Muhammad is better than Jesus... but in the Quran it clearly shows that Jesus was closes to God than Muhammad was..

I understand that all prophets ,in Islam, are dearly loved...

Al-Mu'min
04-28-2006, 11:45 PM
May peace and blessings be upon you all.

PrIM3, where do you get the idea that the Quran says Jesus[pbuh] is closer to God than Muhammed[pbuh]?

This is verse 285 of the second Surah of the Quran:

2:285. The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His apostles. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His apostles." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."

Peace and blessings of The One.

PrIM3
04-29-2006, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'min
May peace and blessings be upon you all.

PrIM3, where do you get the idea that the Quran says Jesus[pbuh] is closer to God than Muhammed[pbuh]?

This is verse 285 of the second Surah of the Quran:

2:285. The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His apostles. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His apostles." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."

Peace and blessings of The One.
21:91--- She...guarded her virginity, so We breathed into her of Our spirit and appointed her and her son to be a sign unto all beings

2:253-- Those Messengers, some We have preferred above others.. some He raised in rank. And We gave Jesus son of Mary the clear signs, and confirmed him with the Holy Spirit.

those are just a few.. forgive me... I said that on memory meaning I can't flip open and find the pacific verse....

well I guess I am wondering what these Quranic verse mean... apologize for my rudeness

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-29-2006, 02:47 AM
hi PrIM3,
The verse:
21:91 And (remember) her [Mary] who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her a Ruh from Us, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples.

God says the same thing about every single human being:

32:9 But He fashioned him [the human] in due proportion, and breathed into him the Ruh from Him. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!

The Ruh is the human soul. Christians who like to take verse 21:91 and similar verses as evidence of Jesus's divinity have evidently not read the Qur'an properly.

Regards

mujahedeen2087
04-29-2006, 03:49 AM
inshallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.