/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Random acts of Dawah

F.Y.
04-23-2006, 12:36 PM
:sl: :brother: :sister:
Most of you already know that da'wah is a very sensitive issue. As they say, actions speak louder than words. I am hoping this thread will be a list of ideas on subtle ways to promote Islam.

Anti-Muslim prejudice unexpectedly shaken
The Ottawa Citizen
Saturday, April 15, 2006

I have been a clinical psychologist for nearly 35 years. A significant portion of my psychotherapeutic endeavours has been to explore with my patients how they organize their perceptions of the world around them.

This enterprise is often arduous and lengthy, but when successful, results in more harmonious transactions within the patient's own personal environment, as well as with the rest of the planet. When it fails, patients sadly continue to grasp their prejudices and biases close to their chests, often resulting in heartache.

There are, however, unplanned events, many times outside the therapeutic endeavour, which have the power to cause sudden, profound change. It just happened to me.

I am a Jew. It is no surprise, then, that I have very conflicted attitudes about Muslims in general and especially strong, unconditional, negative ones about Muslim terrorists. It is with some shame that I acknowledge probable over-generalized, unhelpful predispositions toward Muslims.

One simple, single, serendipitous event weakened my biases about Muslims.

As I was driving home yesterday, I saw a Muslim man (his clothing clearly identified him as such), stop in the middle of an intersection, bend down, retrieve a piece of trash from the street, then deposit it in a garbage bin on the sidewalk. This is the first time I ever saw anyone -- anyone -- act civilly in this manner. In an instant my prejudices were challenged. It will forever be much more difficult, if not impossible, for me to paint all Muslims with sweeping, stinking, tar.
As I drove by, I gave him a big thumbs up to accompany my broad smile. Thanks, brother.

Dov Vinograd,

Ottawa

The Ottawa Citizen is the name of the newspaper for those of you who are unfamilliar with it.
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riya90
04-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Jazakallah sis

Sunflower
04-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Jazakallah-u-Khairun. this reminds us that any of our actions can be a form of dawah.Subhanallah

IbnAbdulHakim
04-23-2006, 01:00 PM
i saw sum bin on the middle of the street and started laughin for a bit seein a million cars dodge it, then i decided to remove it :coolbro:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
F.Y.
04-25-2006, 04:25 AM
Salam people

Okies.I'll start off then, with a random way you can give dawah.

If your friends or people in your class/lecture come late, and they dont have a hand-out or sheet and they don't realise yet that they need a sheet, then stand up, go to the front and get one for them.
Hand it to them with a big smile and in a cheery voice saying,"I think you'll need this. Here you go " Watch the reaction - it is classic.

Peace

Daffodil
04-25-2006, 02:25 PM
i like saying morning to the neighbours on a nice sunny day when theyre gardening their front yard, white folks are always in a happy mood wen the suns out. if u say morning to em when its chukin down with rain theyl be miserable n wnt apreciate it as much.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2006, 02:28 PM
try sending txts as dawa, mashAllah my friends send me fajr wake up txts :)

Daffodil
04-25-2006, 02:35 PM
mashAllah my friends send me fajr wake up txts
a txt? it wud take a bull dozer thru my window to wake me up

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2006, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
a txt? it wud take a bull dozer thru my window to wake me up
lol, the one who gives up his bed fi-sabillilah will enter paradise wivout account :)

Daffodil
04-25-2006, 02:47 PM
trust me its so hard to wake up wen ur married. its ok if u just had to do wudhu if u know what i mean

IbnAbdulHakim
04-25-2006, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
trust me its so hard to wake up wen ur married. its ok if u just had to do wudhu if u know what i mean
my sister has three kids and her husband is like a blasted kid lol. all i do is whisper "fajr" into her ears and she jumps up and prays :)

MashAllah gtta love her :)

PS: She works so hard all day i cant figure out how she duz it :?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.