/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a little help please

lfaridi
04-23-2006, 03:50 PM
asalamu alykum everyone,

i have a small problem. my husband is moroccan so he speaks arabic and his friend is also living with us who is also from morocco. myself and my children are american and our only language is english. my problem is that my husband and friend speak only in arabic in the home and i have no idea what is being said. i read somewhere that the prophet mohammed s.a.w. said when more than 2 are together and not all speak the same language that a language that all can understand should be spoken. is there a hadith on this?
i feel like a second class citizen in my own home, not knowing what is going on.

shukran bzaf for any help.
linda

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ajeeb
04-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Assalamualikum

Im not sure if this is the hadith u r refering to
"When there are three of you, one should not be left out while the other two share a secret, for this will cause him grief."

Hadith of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal on the authority of 'Abdullah Ibn 'Umar

lfaridi
04-23-2006, 04:06 PM
salam sister,

thank you but it had to do with language. i dont know where to look for ahadith on the web. i do lots of searching but to no avail. do you know where i can find ahadith on the internet?

thank you again so much,
linda

- Qatada -
04-23-2006, 04:12 PM
:salamext:

Try checking this site for some authentic ahadith insha'Allaah:

http://muttaqun.com/

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
04-23-2006, 04:15 PM
:salamext:

281. Chapter: On the prohibition against two people conversing to the exclusion of a third without his permission except in case of need. It is the same if two people speak in a language which he does not understand.

Allah Almighty says, "Conferring in secret is from Shaytan." (58:10)

1598. Ibn 'Umar reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "When there are three together, two should not speak privately to the exclusion of the third." [Agreed upon]

Abu Dawud related it and added that Abu Salih said, "I asked Ibn 'Umar, 'What about four?' He replied. 'It will not harm you.'"

Malik reported in al-Muwatta' that 'Abdullah ibn Dinar said, "'Abdullah ibn 'Umar and I were at the house of Khalid ibn 'Uqba who was away at the market. A man came who wanted to speak to 'Abdullah ibn Umar and I was the only other person present. 'Abdullah ibn Umar called another man so that we were four and said to me and the man whom he had called, 'Go a little way off together because I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Two should not converse to the exclusion of a third." ' "

1599. Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "When you are three together, two should not speak together privately apart from the other one until you come together with other people because that might upset him." [Agreed upon]

http://www.sunnipath.com/Resources/P...0004P0281.aspx

:wasalamex

papa_smurf
04-23-2006, 04:18 PM
:sl:
If they are capable of speaking english when your present, I dont see a problem, sure it will make life much easier for you and the kids.

lfaridi
04-23-2006, 04:33 PM
salamu alaykum,

thank you all for the links and ahadith. my husband's friend speaks english but not very well. he has a 10 yr visa and is working with english speaking people. so i tell my DH that we should speak english in the home so he can learn more. when they are out together then they can speak in arabic as it is easier for them. thank you all again.

i must say that i am so addicted to this site. as soon as i come home from work i come here. i have gained alot of knowledge for all the bro's and sis' here. i am so eager to learn more and more.

may Allah grant a great reward for the makers and contributors of this forum, ameen.

wasalam,
linda

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!