/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being a Kid

seeker_of_ilm
04-23-2006, 07:52 PM
:sl:

I've spoken to quite a few people, and it seems like I'm the only one who misses being a kid...like 8-9 years old. That time was the bomb, homeworks were easy, just colouring in and spelling basic words, you could sit all day watching cartoons and playing games. You could spend hours playing outside on your bike, no worries about coursework, no added pressure. Nothing mattered back then, everything was stress free. Even all the people your age were different, had a sense of innocence, unlike the people my age now, which includes a majority of backstabbers and people bending over backwards to fit in.

Anyone else feel the same? Or just me.....in which case I should really see a psychiatrist :hiding:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
04-23-2006, 08:02 PM
I miss acting childish......I have to be an adult now...:(

Ajeeb
04-23-2006, 08:08 PM
i dont wana act like an adult my mothers always telling me to grow up my. Its so much easier bein a kid

jzcasejz
04-23-2006, 08:09 PM

ahhhh, my old skool glory days :laugh: :'( i sure do miss 'em!

wen i was a kid...life was less stressful...and it seems...the more time goes by...the more stressed i get. dem days wer sooo kool and and skool was fun. now i got exams, coursework and gonna be goin 2 college soon...and 2 me it feels like i wont eva hav de same fun as i did in da old skool days :offended:

bro...i go thru it alot...no need 4 a psychiatrist. i got over it by gettin on wiv life and bein grateful wiv wt ive got.......BUT.....NOTHING can beat da old skool days :laugh: :'(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
04-23-2006, 08:13 PM

Yep, i agree with you all, the older you get the more responsibilities you have! But then again at least you be the boss of young kids :)

:w:

Ajeeb
04-23-2006, 08:15 PM
With kids these days thats gonna be pretty tuff some of them are really scary

Helena
04-23-2006, 08:15 PM

i actually miss being a kid...miss being wid my mum 24/7.....miss playing wid my bro.....now all grown up...have to act like adult...but inside am still a child......darn its busy life...cousewrk...uni....i need to make time for my mum.....life is full of suprises...it goes quickly with out realising it....

aamirsaab
04-23-2006, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I've spoken to quite a few people, and it seems like I'm the only one who misses being a kid...like 8-9 years old. That time was the bomb, homeworks were easy, just colouring in and spelling basic words, you could sit all day watching cartoons and playing games. You could spend hours playing outside on your bike, no worries about coursework, no added pressure. Nothing mattered back then, everything was stress free. Even all the people your age were different, had a sense of innocence, unlike the people my age now, which includes a majority of backstabbers and people bending over backwards to fit in.

Anyone else feel the same? Or just me.....in which case I should really see a psychiatrist :hiding:
I feel the same way sometimes.

*charisma*
04-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

this thread cracked me up! ya got kids wishin to be kids, dudes your STILL kids!! *sigh* 14 yr olds subhanallah

only thing that's changed is theres more segregation between genders and school is tougher...oh yea and that peer pressure you come across

weird how it is tho, one minute the girl next to has cooties, then u grow up and realize your such an idiot for makin fun of her and now shes rejecting ur proposal(s) :p

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

extinction
04-24-2006, 06:01 AM
I miss like ages 11-14 alot and alot

afriend
04-24-2006, 06:02 AM
LOL

We're well on our way out of childhood (note the CHIL(L) :p)....Or even out of it....:(

Inshallah
04-24-2006, 07:08 AM
Well it's just that when your young your so anxious to grow up and once you've grown up you wish you were a kid again.

extinction
04-24-2006, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
Well it's just that when your young your so anxious to grow up and once you've grown up you wish you were a kid again.
true say its like that with alot of things

"..MariAm.."
04-24-2006, 07:28 AM
ASALAMOALAIKUM
i want to be the age of .......8 :'( cuz those were the days for me :) and now my God loadz of homework ... responsibilites (um ok not responsibilities) and studies and exams argh :@ and i cant blve that this is my last yr of skl :'( just yesterday it seemed that i m in grade 1 :( time goes rele fast !!

HamZzzz
04-25-2006, 09:49 AM
WA-ALIKUMUS-SALAM :)
yeS ovcourse Being a kID(smaLL)is rele nice :)...Cuz that part of our life iz Jus so nice,Being a kid,itz jus so relax:)...life without any tention,free from all da worries,not too mch of a home wrk to do,and neither,da pressure of studying veLL and hard to gt gud scores in our examz...I wish my those dayz cud hav come bak to me again:) but,this is how life moves on and we have to get on wth it:)...i rele miss my skool days...and my Ultimate innocence of skool days:)...
ALLAH HAFIZ...take carez ALL da Brothers n Sisters:)

Muezzin
04-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

:p

Sister_6038
04-26-2006, 11:57 AM
i wish i was 109...its a nice number *goes to check birth certificate ooops* looks i already am!! being a kid was fun for me...all those great escapes that werent so great....memories of breaking my arm so many times....getting in trouble was the best....fighting was cool too...like i was so tough as a kid...plus i was really mischievous oh i did some naughty things...my friends are in tears when i tell them my stories as a child

Halima
04-26-2006, 11:58 AM

You can still be a kid to your parents but society/religion is what forces you to become an adult.

Qurratul Ayn
04-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

No need to see a psychiatrist Brother seeker_of_ilm. I sometimes feel that way but not any more, because one has to take duties and responsibilities upon themselves as they grow older and the older you get the heavier it becomes.

As I am sure you know Brother that this life is a test and that it will define our place in the Day of judgement. So Brother seeker_of_ilm be strong and carry on life and pray to Allah Ta'ala to help you.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

Yanal
08-23-2007, 01:55 AM

and i thought that being a kid is boring no driving no work just boring life but now i wanan remain a kid

Na7lah
08-23-2007, 02:10 AM

ur lucky yanal i wish i could go back into time to wen i was 12-14 :p
growing up is no fun :(

Yanal
08-23-2007, 02:13 AM
I know man i wanna stay a kid

Woodrow
08-23-2007, 02:17 AM
I would say my favorite years and the ones I remember the best were up to the age of 5 and then the years I was 10-14. 14-20 went so fast they were a blur, Just some highlighted memories of the bad times. 20-50 passed so quickly that often I they seem like a single day. 45-65 were rough again. Lost a wife, remarried and lost the second wife. 65-now, have been nice. reverted to Islam and now living life again through grandchildren. Once again getting to see the world through the eyes of a child. finally seeing childhood years were the best years.

Na7lah
08-23-2007, 02:20 AM
yeah they seem 2 b da best years 4 most people :)
Enjoy your childhood bro Yanal :)

Ma'salamah

Abdullah4ever
08-23-2007, 03:08 AM
Alhumdillah i am almost 15 but i sometimes wish i was older. But some people say that they wish they were younger so they could learn about Islam while they were younger, thats why i take advantage of learning Islam.

zarhad
08-23-2007, 03:19 AM
Yah Mashallah... you know things wernt perfect when i was a child but maybe it was that the problems were more simple?

that and having a parent or parents to take care of you feed you and love you. never worried about money and paying bills and the 16 hour shift i might pull for over time.

as a child it was great. I find that there are some restrictions when you grow up..for instance as a child i would feel comfortible running around and climbing tress and playing soccer for hours..we could now but some of it would look silly:statisfie , i felt so free as a child and there was so much happiness between like 7-10 years, i really do miss it.

but we can never turn back time, we all grew up too fast but you know i can still look forward to inshallah watching my children grow and enjoy those moments.

zarhad
08-23-2007, 03:23 AM
Yes abdullah your only about 5 or 6 years younger then me but enjoy it, every minute of it...high school and friends and learning i miss it they are wonderful experences, the social ties you have...its not the same as being 8 or 9 but trust me you will miss it. When i was your age i couldnt wait to grow up, finish school, be an adult...im not old by any means but im starting to feel old, lol ...i wish i could slow down time, and one day you will feel the same.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Don't worry bro, you can still act as if your 8 even if you get older. I get regular slaps from my mom for acting childish.

Pk_#2
08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

:p
Zactly mon, that's why am still a kid. ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
08-23-2007, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would say my favorite years and the ones I remember the best were up to the age of 5 and then the years I was 10-14. 14-20 went so fast they were a blur, Just some highlighted memories of the bad times. 20-50 passed so quickly that often I they seem like a single day. 45-65 were rough again. Lost a wife, remarried and lost the second wife. 65-now, have been nice. reverted to Islam and now living life again through grandchildren. Once again getting to see the world through the eyes of a child. finally seeing childhood years were the best years.
i would love to sit besides you in front of a warm fire place, cover you with a blanket whilst you rock on your rocking chair, me on a carpet, and just sit for hours recurring old tales

Qurratul Ayn
08-30-2007, 10:20 AM

I've spoken to quite a few people, and it seems like I'm the only one who misses being a kid...like 8-9 years old. That time was the bomb, homeworks were easy, just colouring in and spelling basic words, you could sit all day watching cartoons and playing games. You could spend hours playing outside on your bike, no worries about coursework, no added pressure. Nothing mattered back then, everything was stress free. Even all the people your age were different, had a sense of innocence,
:salamext:

My Dear Brother, you reminded me of my childhood which has gone so fast! I loved every single second of it especially when I was at home being completely me!!! But me decided I have to grow up and me was always known as mature anyhow!!!

The good old days.

:salamext:

*KB*
08-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Assalamualaykum
Our childhood character is still within us but we are told to act otherwise and 'act our age'. You can still have fun (well except for the coursework part lol). So my advice is enjoy life while you still have it.
Assalamualaykum
*KB*

rozeena
08-30-2007, 11:12 AM
yeh i fink evri1 misses their childhood. wen u didnt have a care in the world.u dnt have to deal wid ppls politics. n evryfing in life is strait4ward. sad wen u fink dat it can neva cum bak

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!