/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feel down a lot

anonymous
04-23-2006, 08:45 PM
:sl:

I'm always feeling real stressed and down, heck sometimes suicidal (not contemplating it at a SERIOUS level, but the thought crosses my mind) I don't know why, but I just feel real angry and depressed all the time. The only thing I find solace in is listening to rock music, as its depressing in itself. I don't even feel like praying namaaz, even if I have the time and opportunity

Seriously though, I don't want my only comfort to come from music, I want to know ways to deal with this Islamically? I seriously need some meaning in my life

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
we need 2 unite
04-23-2006, 08:50 PM
:w:
the best thing if you are sufferring from depression or even if you are happy is listening to the quran, it is like a medicine by lisetning to it it cleans our heart. i am upset to hear that you are sad most of the time. but dont stop praying, as by doing deeds that are compulsory and optional ones makes our faith strong and whoesever turns to allah, allah doesnt neglect so be patience, listen to the quran an d make dua'a n i will make duaa for you.

seeker_of_ilm
04-23-2006, 08:50 PM

Whenever I feel down, I find it useful to listen to some beautiful quranic recitation, read some hadith, remember the things the prophet went through so that he could spread islam to people like us (eventually), it reminds me that I have little to complain about, and should just get on with it.

Apologies if my advice is not what you wanted

we need 2 unite
04-23-2006, 08:53 PM
if you need to talk i am here as a muslim sis. we need to stick together at times of hardship and ease. inshallah we hold strong to the ties of islam and we be among those who allah has bestowed his grace not of those who earnt his anger and wrath

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
we need 2 unite
04-23-2006, 08:56 PM
walaykum wasalam,
i agree with what the bro has just said we dont no when we going to die or what allah has planned for us ahead so we should just say alhamdillah, i no it can be hard we are all humans and we all may feel down sometimes, but what use is it it does not benefit us or change anything, but if we turn to allah that would benefit us more than we can imagine.

Protected_Diamond
04-23-2006, 08:58 PM
:sl: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

May Allah s.w.a ease your pain and help you overcome this difficulty in life insha Allah! Allah s.w.a knows best for your feelings, turn to allah s.w.a and seek his guidence insha Allah he will guide you and make you happy! Don't lose hope just read salaah and try & concentrate what you saying in salaah. please don't consider sucide as it comes from the shataayn he's encouraging you to think like this. :'(

The punishment in the hearafter is far worse than the pains of this world. Just be patient for the sake of Allah s.w.a

Please don't lose hope, Allah s.w.a loves you and also think about the sacrficies the prophet muhammad s.a.w. went throught just for his umaati. My dear brother or sister in islam are you willing to give up all that and face Allah s.w.a with this intention. :(

:w: warhmatulahi wabarakathu

seeker_of_ilm
04-23-2006, 09:18 PM

Just think, instead of killing yourself, by which you have signed up for an eternity in hell, you could easily spend however many years living as a good muslim, praying salaah, having good character, reading quran, raising a pious family, and then you got an eternity in Jannah inshallah...to look forward to.

Think about how your family would feel, your parents, your siblings....for losing you, they'd most likely blame themselves...is that what you want?

Anyway, try and keep it together and make dua

- Qatada -
04-23-2006, 09:30 PM
:salamext:

Try downloading some good Qur'an recitations off this link insha'Allaah:

http://quran.jalisi.com

And check the translation off the following link insha'Allaah:

http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/index.asp

or http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/

Just give it a try, and you'll realise the beauty of it insha'Allaah. At the same time, stick to the forum and try to study about things which you might be interested in because islam is a way of life.

Or if you want, why not listen to the life story of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him.) It might interest you insha'Allaah.

You can download it off this link insha'Allaah, and much more.

http://lectures.kalamullah.com

:wasalamex

IbnAbdulHakim
04-23-2006, 09:32 PM

go to www.lightuponlight.com and download suliman mulla's depression vs contentment video.

wallahi it helped me so much!!

Nicola
04-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Everyone gets down once in awhile..there is always a reason for feeling down, or depressed, can you pin point what is causing this depression?
It could be a problem from years ago that you have never fully dealt with and the issus keep resurfacing.
Do you have a close friend you could chat with, about how your feeling.
from what you have written here, it sounds like it's been a long-term condition.
I would go and speak with your doctor, even the wrong diet can make you feel down....so it could be a number of things causing you to feel like this.

I do hope you'll be feeling better soon.
God Bless

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
04-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Rock music will make you crazy....Qur'an recitation and praying salah are good ways to feel relaxed also lsietning to the seerah of the prophet (pbuh) is good for the mind.

I also would suggest you get invloved in activities such as martial arts or regular fitness training because it as an overall effect of feeling good and make sure you dont lose out on your sleep, these things also have overall effect on a persons mind.

scentsofjannah
04-23-2006, 09:50 PM

InshaAllah find out what's the root cause of your depression it could be some medicines you take which could have side effects like depression. InshaAllah avoid rock music its no good listen to classical thats better hehe..pray much at night and before dawn its so much more peaceful then..inshaAllah hope that helps you:w: :)

shudnt_have
04-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi,
Let me state the truth, who doesnt go through the state of depression?? or the time when we feel down for no reason..or the time our previous failure taunts us..everything builts into a ball of fire..and burns us from inside and out..what should we do? when we knw the we are gonna get burn from our discontentenment of our lives?

we turn to our Lord for help through dkhirk and salah., we know that this is our time where we're tested..or simply we are facing the consequences of mistakes we made once upon a time..now the guilts wont go away...

so i will remind myself and you to ask for forgiveness and inner peace..besdies..music mulitplies ur problem..since it is temporary resolution to our problems..where do feel happy for short term..once our headphones are out of ear...our mind again starts to fog with disorting thoughts...what shall we do again?

turn to Allah..of course..it is not easy..but we ask ALLAH for help. for we need him.

hope it helped u in any help.

we need 2 unite
04-23-2006, 09:59 PM
asalumu alaykum
i dont think you should listen to rock or classical, the best thing is the quran, inshallah your in good health. the quran is like medicine it teaches you, gives knowledge and within it you will fund remedies, islam is a complete way of life (deen) how to act and be and how to present yourself in this world. therefore listens to allah's words he does not leave us to face hardship on our own as long as we turn to him and to him alone.
walaykum wasalam

F.Y.
04-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Salam:)
You need some meaning in your life? Check this out:
This talk is entitled "The Purpose of Life" and is by Shaikh Khalid Yasin. He is a very powerful speaker. You'll be addicted. And inshallah, you will realise the correct way to deal with things that get you down.
http://is.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFi...halid_Y aseen

------
04-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Inshallah try praying Namaz and reading Qur'an and Inshallah Allah will help you.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry you are feeling so depressed. I think you should to reflect on the Qur'an, Islamic literature and the blessings of Allah. It may ease your mind. Remember that Allah has not given any soul a burden it cannot bear. Try to go to the Masjid more often, and try to go to a masjid where more people of your age range are around, so you don't feel isolated. Just try and do simple good deeds, as I feel it makes me feel better. And look at what Allah has given, and how many people are more underpriveleged than you. Sorry if what i've said hasn't helped much. May Allah ease your pain.

Snowflake
04-24-2006, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

I'm always feeling real stressed and down, heck sometimes suicidal (not contemplating it at a SERIOUS level, but the thought crosses my mind) I don't know why, but I just feel real angry and depressed all the time. The only thing I find solace in is listening to rock music, as its depressing in itself. I don't even feel like praying namaaz, even if I have the time and opportunity

Seriously though, I don't want my only comfort to come from music, I want to know ways to deal with this Islamically? I seriously need some meaning in my life

MashaAllah. Despite everything you are going through, I find it beautiful and commendable that you are seeking islamic advice for your troubles.

Alhumdullilah, Allah has protected you from poverty, oppression and many other sufferings that millions are facing every day. This alone should compel one to bow down to Allah in gratitude and worship. Sadly, sometimes the value of Allah's blessings are not realised unless we are bereft of them. Can we even measure the value of one breath we take?
That one breath to say alhumdulillah and get countless rewards in return. Or the one breath in which to say astaghfirullah and if Allah wills, have our entire sins forgiven. While no amount of gratitude on our part will equal what Allah has given us, we must never fail to show Him how grateful we truly are.

In Islam, the purpose of life on earth is the worship of Allah (swt) and obedience to His commands in our daily actions:

(Quran, 51: 56-58)"I have only created jinns and men, that they may serve Me. No sustenance do I require of them, nor do I require that they should feed Me. For Allah is He who gives (all) sustenance * Lord of Power * steadfast (forever)."

Ibadah (worship of Allah) is a means for the purification of man's soul and his practical life. When we turn away from worshipping Allah, our life becomes devoid of Allah's blessings that protect and shield us from shaytaan's destruction. Ibadah doesn't end on observing the five pillars of Islam. Acquiring knowledge of deen, being thankful to Allah, abstaining from sin, fulfilling the rights of others, making duaa for others, speakingly humbly, not backbiting, helping others for the sake of Allah, showing kindness to parents, kith and kin, concealing someone's fault, repenting for your sins, fearing Allah and being mindful of everything you do according to the shariah are all forms of ibadah.

When we go out in the cold we wrap up with warm clothing for protection, yet we forget that until we cloak ourselves within the folds of Islam, we will become easy prey for the shaytaan like a gazelle to a lion on the open plains.

Seek protection from all that is harmful to you by worshipping Allah. Once you submit yourself to Allah, He will take care of your matters as He knows best. InshaAllah, the darkness will vanish, as will the suicidal feelings. The depression you feel now will be replaced with hope and contentment. The meaning of life isn't complicated that it needs to be deciphered. This life is like a prep school. Your chance to prepare for the life in the here-after.

(Quran, 23:116) "What! Did you think that we have created you without purpose, and that you would not be brought back to Us?"

Start by ditching the rock music in favour of Quranic recitation with translations. Listen to the words of Allah not only with your ears but also with your heart. Let your ears hear the Divine Truth revealed to our beloved Prophet (pbuh) over fourteen hundred years ago and without a single word changed over time. How blessed are we alhumdullilah that we are muslims.

Sit alone and ponder over the meaning of your existence. Open your heart to Allah. Share your fears and sorrows. He is the greatest counsellor. He will hear the cries from within you. No one can help you more. No one can give you more. No one can care more than Allah. Don't turn away from Him. You don't need an appointment, there's no waiting list. He is there for you every second. Please beg for His help. He will never let you down.

(Qur’an 21:187).“And when My servants ask you concerning Me, (tell them) I am indeed near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls.”

(Qur’an 40:60). “And your Lord said, invoke Me and I will respond to your invocation.”

“Be mindful of Allah and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask only Allah and if you seek help, seek help only from Allah. And know that if all the nations were to gather together to benefit you, they would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and if they gather together to harm you, they would harm you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages are dry.” (Tirmidhi).

Please do not give up. We can't change our past, but the changes we make today will affect our future. Strive to seek knowledge of deen - your duties as a muslim. Even if it's a little every day. We all want what's best for you and pray that Allah may have mercy on you and ease all the difficulties you are facing. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.