/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I tell her the truth about this legend?

Guli7
04-24-2006, 03:07 PM
My mother keeps reminding me from time to time about the sarcophagus of a father who was a Sufi that had risen to his son's out of respect because he was even more pious than he in his lifetime. This takes place in a tomb in Konya, Turkey.

Then I looked this legend up and found out it was built that way:

http://www.istanbulportal.com/istanb...f_Mevlana.aspx

My parents live off these legends and believe in them so much, should I tell her the truth about it? I know she would be dissapointed but it is the truth after all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Stuff like that is shirk. You should definetly tell her.
:w:

NahidSarvy
04-24-2006, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Stuff like that is shirk. You should definetly tell her.
Ya ~Mu'MiNaH~, it may be foolishness, but how exactly is it "associating partners with God"? They aren't mushrikûn for being spiritually gullible - if that were the case, I think a lot of us would be classified as such.

Guli7
04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
so I tell her? she believes this legend all her life...I'm guessing her mother told her and so on.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NahidSarvy
Ya ~Mu'MiNaH~, it may be foolishness, but how exactly is it "associating partners with God"? They aren't mushrikûn for being spiritually gullible - if that were the case, I think a lot of us would be classified as such.
There are different degrees of shirk, major and minor. I certainly was not calling them mushriks.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-24-2006, 04:08 PM
tell her definitly tell her, lest Allah holds you responsible :offended:

Guli7
04-24-2006, 04:09 PM
ok thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.