/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mela...............big issue

Helena
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
:sl:

hope there isnt another similar thread to this..........

every year in bricklane (east end of london) mela takes place.........astagfirulla.....its organised by bengalis.....its soo appauling...thousands of ppl come to join in this cultural festival.......across england.........

music....dance.......free mixing......takes place......simply totally against islam....and muslim ppl are creating this matter...by name they are muslims....my practice...nothing at all.....

they are aware of this matter...its against islam...but are still carrying on.....ya allah......

jus want ur views if it happens in ur area....ur country......

evidence to show its absolutely wrong.......

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijaabi22
04-24-2006, 07:03 PM
[s]we Have One Too, A Massive Mela In Bradfors Every Year, We Only Go 4 Da Rides And Dats It[/s]

------
04-24-2006, 07:04 PM
music....dance.......free mixing......takes place......simply totally against islam....and muslim ppl are creating this matter...by name they are muslims....my practice...nothing at all.....
Yes, Its pathetic isn't it?

they are aware of this matter...its against islam...but are still carrying on.....ya allah......
Hmm... Well, some Muslims are ignorant of their faith.

Oh yeah, it happens in London and Manchester but we just don't go.

Helena
04-24-2006, 07:04 PM

u go for rides...rite.....i dnt attend at all...even though its a bengali...but to my parents it seen as shame to islam......

neva been there...will neva go inshalah... i want a way to stop all this corruption....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
extinction
04-24-2006, 07:06 PM
its organised my bengalis
and who might your bengalis be?? lol and I dont think theres a u in appalling anyhow...yeah this is a big bad thing happening..we dont get these at all over here...muslims are too busy with other things.....

Helena
04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
and who might your bengalis be?? lol and I dont think theres a u in appalling anyhow...yeah this is a big bad thing happening..we dont get these at all over here...muslims are too busy with other things.....

for me its appauling....something that i'll neva agree wid.... lucky u....dnt get this at all....but we have to face this matter every year.....really annoying me....bengalis...who do think it is?

Muslim Soldier
04-24-2006, 07:11 PM
why dont all the mulsims protest?

------
04-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Yes, Its pathetic isn't it?

Hmm... Well, some Muslims are ignorant of their faith.

Oh yeah, it happens in London and Manchester but we just don't go.

extinction
04-24-2006, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
why dont all the mulsims protest?
because most of them are probably at the mela:rollseyes

------
04-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Oh yh. Most probz :rant:

Helena
04-24-2006, 07:16 PM
ha ha ha very funny...those without knowledge..ilm are in mela...committing sins......hope we can protest inshalah.........

Muslim Soldier
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
come on there are many good muslims hafizmo.

extinction
04-24-2006, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
come on there are many good muslims hafizmo.
I was just being sarcastic..:giggling: ..sorry if it wasnt evident..erm yeah a protest would maybe get somewhere but a protest against who?

Helena
04-24-2006, 07:23 PM
I was just being sarcastic..:giggling: ..sorry if it wasnt evident..erm yeah a protest would maybe get somewhere but a protest against who?

point taken in account.......protest for who...good question!!!!!!!!!!!!! but in mosques ppl have given the messages and send leaflets out....guess they'll be judged on da day of judgement...ppl are aware...its simply against islam...we have worn them....

Muslim Soldier
04-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Lets say when they hold this mela all good muslims go and command them to stop it.

extinction
04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

point taken in account.......protest for who...good question!!!!!!!!!!!!! but in mosques ppl have given the messages and send leaflets out....guess they'll be judged on da day of judgement...ppl are aware...its simply against islam...we have worn them....

ok I would like to point out another point...I would think alot of people that go to melas wont be coming to the mosque to recieve those flyers..am I making sense?

Helena
04-24-2006, 07:28 PM
ok I would like to point out another point...I would think alot of people that go to melas wont be coming to the mosque to recieve those flyers..am I making sense?

yes u are making sense...but mosques attenders....jus by name they gooo...and still end up...without hijabis...or without beard... am i making sense?

Protected_Diamond
04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
:sl: brothers & sisters!

Melas are everywhere you go, even in pakistan!!!! :rollseyes Just stay away from places of fitna & insha'Allah warm your fellow muslim brothers & sisters what they are doing and remind them of the hereafter!! :hiding:

Muezzin
04-24-2006, 07:34 PM
What's a 'Mela'?

Whoah, Flashback! Someone asked same question that in my old workplace!

The only weird Muslim bunch in Leicester are those Berelvi lot who celebrate the Prophet (SAW)'s birthday and block up all the roads. Grrr....

------
04-24-2006, 07:35 PM
....Berelvi...
:? :? :?

Muezzin
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Kuri
:? :? :?
Never mind. They're just weird.

Helena
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
well mela....is a event that involves singing...music....dancing....funfair are also available....asain foods.....

i dnt knw xctly but u gt da pic?

Muezzin
04-24-2006, 07:37 PM
I get the picture.

What's the reason for this festival? Is it just like 'hey, I'm bored, let's have a mela' or is there some sort of cultural reason?

They sound very dodgy and unislamic though.

------
04-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Oh yeah sis trust...I gets the pic (Stupid Mela-ins :rant)

- Qatada -
04-24-2006, 07:38 PM
:salamext:

In english, its just like a 'fun fair' but a mela is a azian version. Allaahu ta'aala a'lam.

:wasalamex

extinction
04-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Just stay away from places of fitna & insha'Allah warm your fellow muslim brothers & sisters what they are doing and remind them of the hereafter!!
If anything I dont want to warm them! I would warn them maybe...
Never mind. They're just weird.
come on give them a break they are confused people....weird hmmm thats a nice description nevertheless

Helena
04-24-2006, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I get the picture.

What's the reason for this festival? Is it just like 'hey, I'm bored, let's have a mela' or is there some sort of cultural reason?

They sound very dodgy and unislamic though.

the reasons...its called baisaki mela...that takes place every dam year......jus to bring da bengali community together......cultural reason......mainly...totally unislamic.....

x Maz x
04-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Yup it does :'(...Allah guide them or Siratum Mustakeem and help open their eyes to the haaq...Allah help us refrian from such acts WalaykumAsalaam and Ameen x

S_87
04-24-2006, 07:42 PM

The only weird Muslim bunch in Leicester are those Berelvi lot who celebrate the Prophet (SAW)'s birthday and block up all the roads. Grrr....

in blackburn they have a march. like 10 000 people :p

bradistan melas are supposed to be massive. ive seen some of the pics

Helena
04-24-2006, 07:43 PM

jus did a search.....and this is wot baisakhi mela represents:

BaishakiMela 2006
Welcome to Baishakhi Mela Sunday 14th May 2006
Brick Lane, Weavers field & Allen Gardens London E1

Established as the premier Bengali celebration outside of Bangladesh, the Baishaki Mela brings together the very best of Bengali arts, music and culture To Brick Lane ‘Banglatown’ one of London’s most vibrant quarters.

The Baishaki Mela is a unique festival, born out of the collective aspirations of a generation of Bengali people who wanted to celebrate the Bangla New Year. The festival has developed into a sensational extravaganza promoting all that Brick Lane and ‘Banglatown’ has to offer to people across London, the UK and abroad. From its humble beginnings the event has rapidly established itself as the world’s largest Bengali celebration outside of Bangladesh, regularly attracting over 80,000 visitors.

This year the eighth Baishaki Mela Takes place on Sunday 15th May between 11am And 7.00pm and promises a spectacular line-up for locals, families and visitors from London and beyond who are invited to come and enjoy a full programme of festive celebrations.

The event kicks off at 11am with a spectacular procession of Musicians, Dancers, Peacock boat, a Bridal Ride with Palki (Palanquin) and Rickshaws, a metal Elephant as well as children dressed in colourful traditional clothes and masks setting out from Allen Gardens and taking to the streets to share the warmth of ‘Shubho Nobo Borsho’ (Happy New Year). The procession will arrive at the main stage on weaver’s fields (vallence road E1) just before 12 midday to mark the beginning of the Mela. The Mayor of London Ken Livingston has been invited to inaugurate the Mela along with His Excellency the High Commissioner of Bangladesh, Members of Parliament, and distinguished guests.

From 12noon the main stage, in weavers fields, will play host to a full repertoire of Bangladeshi sounds with everything from traditional folk, Baul and Bollywood to Bengali rock, bhangra and contemporary east/west fusion. Leading artists from Bangladesh Including Momotaj and Banna, will be performing along with local artists. Also, Located in Allen Gardens, the Community Stage will provide a full day of music, theatre and dance. As part of the community stage there will be a children’s play area with a fun fair, inflatables, clowns, jugglers and lots more.

Brick Lane itself will be pedestrianised throughout the day and transformed into a bustling market place with over 45 curry houses spilling out on to the pavement offering curry alfresco alongside 100’s of stalls giving a taste of Bangladesh through the wide range of Merchandise such as handicrafts and traditional Bangladeshi fashion wears.

This year’s new addition is the Bangladeshi food Festival which will be hosted by prominent restaurateurs from famous Brick Lane – Bangla town, known as the curry capital of Europe. Renowned Chefs from Bangladesh will be presenting special menus for the first time in the UK. Plus exhibitions, poetry, street performance, drama, stilt walkers Face painting, Henna painting (mehendi), Rikshaw rides and much more. offering something for everyone and an event not to be missed

and its happening again....

Muezzin
04-24-2006, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

If you think Bradistan melas are massive, you should see one of their riots... :p

extinction
04-24-2006, 07:44 PM

yeah I heard about how england has loads of them..but did you know that it actually started in India and not Pakistan even though now most of the followers are Pakistani.....

Helena
04-24-2006, 07:47 PM

can u guys jus read pg2...jus provided a over view of mela in bricklane inshalah!

extinction
04-24-2006, 07:51 PM
yea helena seen it.....seems kind of like what you were already saying.....approx how many people go? I had an idea about the protest...get people to go at the time of the mela with signs and boards saying how it is wrong...at least then you warned them

Helena
04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
yea helena seen it.....seems kind of like what you were already saying.....approx how many people go? I had an idea about the protest...get people to go at the time of the mela with signs and boards saying how it is wrong...at least then you warned them

at least someone seen it............well i think roughly 5,000...or even more...am not sure........ur protest is def a good idea....man whose gna organise....

afriend
04-24-2006, 07:59 PM
yes...This is a huge problem.....

Sadly, things that are being done to stop these things happening is at a minimal....

We need to raise the awareness of how bad this event is...Don't look at me for how, but that's something that needs to be done...

The Ruler
04-24-2006, 08:02 PM
hmmm....in birmingham loads of eid melas go on dat r organised by propa islamic organisations :? :?

The Ruler
04-24-2006, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
We need to raise the awareness of how bad this event is...Don't look at me for how, but that's something that needs to be done...
wat can be done is wat should be sone :p

wat can be done is that there needs to be a biiiig lecture thingy dat explaind da stupidity n da consequences of free mixin, music, dance etc etc....by da ulamas....:happy:

extinction
04-24-2006, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

at least someone seen it............well i think roughly 5,000...or even more...am not sure........ur protest is def a good idea....man whose gna organise....

you could get in touch with the local imam ;) ...tht shouldnt be too hard.....then maybe from now if you get some awareness going on then theres a chance you could try and get this filtered or trying finding out exactly who organizes it you seem to have a good idea anway and write a long lengthy letter or a petition maybe they might take some heed??

------
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
But thats the problem. No muslims (not a majority of them anyway) want to take part in protests - they want to go to the melas :heated:

Helena
04-24-2006, 08:09 PM
you could get in touch with the local imam ;) ...tht shouldnt be too hard.....then maybe from now if you get some awareness going on then theres a chance you could try and get this filtered or trying finding out exactly who organizes it you seem to have a good idea anway and write a long lengthy letter or a petition maybe they might take some heed??

yeap i was thinking da same thing.......wot if da mosques have tried that...perhaps it hasnt wrkd.....or something......dey manage to attract alot of ppl.....

inshalah i'll try.....somehow...i'll ask my dad....darn hw i can forget... and jazaks for da help...been helpful

extinction
04-24-2006, 08:12 PM
jazaks for da help...been helpful
wa iyyakum anytime...it is a for a good cause in the end and you will be rewarded on your concern

Helena
04-24-2006, 08:14 PM
hafizmo..u too will be rewarded for giving ideas out inshalah...........

extinction
04-24-2006, 08:16 PM
inshallah

Hijaabi22
04-29-2006, 07:55 PM

yeah man bradistaan melas is massive!! COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL RIDESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! ...........astagfirullah

Hijaabi22
04-29-2006, 07:56 PM
If you think Bradistan melas are massive, you should see one of their riots... :p
OI U! ME 4RM BRADISTAAN, DONT DISS MYYYYY CITY OK!!!

BTW i atuk part in the bradford riots, got arrested for smashin a glass bottle in a police officers face.....:rollseyes

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.