But we all know as Muslims,
When it's time for you to die;
You'll not be given a second chance,
To say a last goodbye;

So live each day as If it's your last,
And never forget to pray;
So when the angels come to ask,
You'll know the words to say.

Remember Brother & Sisters...we are all here in this world for just awhile...make the most of everyday & do what's required if not more

Come to think of it, how long is a person's life in this world? How far is death? When a person is born, Azaan is said in his ears. He then lives a life of, say 60years. Then when he dies, shortly afterwards is the Namaaz-e Janaaza prayed. So how long is his life? 60 years? Wrong!
Think... If some was to have a life span of e.g 60 years (and Allah knows best) You could say half of that life is spent sleeping, so they would have 30 years of of actually being awake!

Say 10 years of that is spent in the bathroom e.g taking a shower/bath, going to the toilet, brushing their teeth and washing their face etc. I mean probably half of a girls life is spent looking in the mirror alone!

So now they would have 20 years of living left. Spending another 5 years for eating and drinking. What about shopping and going to school...WATCHING TV ?! So life is cut pretty slim if we think about it, hmmm 15 years?

Soooo many people waste their lives for this world, how about the next? How long do we have to proove to God that we are worth jannah? NOT long, like is said maybe 15 years or more. That's just an example of ones days put together (it obviously changes from person to person...depends how lazy or distracted by this world they are)

Only Allah knows how long we are going to live for, could be 60 years, could be less or more. It's up to us to choose what we do with our short lives.

Our whole life is like the brief period of time between Azaan and Jamaat.

Narrated Ibn Umar (radhiallahu anhu):

The Prophet (salallahu alaihi wasallam) said, "The keys of the unseen are five and none knows them but Allah:

(1) None knows what is in the womb but Allah,

(2) No one knows what will happen tomorrow but Allah,

(3) None knows when it will rain but Allah,

(4) None knows where he will die but Allah, and

(5) None knows when the Hour will be established but Allah.

Sahih Bukhari - Hadith

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
04-24-2006, 07:01 PM
:sl:

mashalah great post sis......makes u think....life isnt dat long......theres soo much to do....

:w:

extinction
04-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Our whole life is like the brief period of time between Azaan and Jamaat.
that part made like whoa!! and you are right it is short I heard the prohet nuh a.s or someone said that it was like walking into a room from one door and walking out the other..and he lived more than 950 years (cause thats only how long he gave dawah for)

Muslim Soldier
04-24-2006, 07:07 PM
The poems good

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
MashaAllah nice post Islamic Kuri.

------
04-22-2008, 01:58 PM
:salamext:

Fishermans_eye
04-22-2008, 03:19 PM
The human body is able to survive for 190 years. But what we do is self poisoning, not taking care of our bodies like Islam tells us. We smoke and don't exercise. A Palestinian is 120 years old.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7247679.stm

------
04-22-2008, 03:20 PM

You know full well what my first post meant.

Fishermans_eye
04-22-2008, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

You know full well what my first post meant.
Yes but interesting side notes are fun.:D

------
07-21-2008, 03:11 PM

Just re-read the poem...made me think...

Nájlá
07-21-2008, 04:55 PM
mashallah nice poem sis
jazakiallah khair

ayan333
07-21-2008, 05:21 PM
:sl:

Mash ALLAH,nice post sister

we need a constant reminder about death..now-a-days we seem to believe that we live forever or at a old age...death has not a age,race,status nor a gender!!!!

if only we All knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jazakiallah khair again sster..My ALLAh (SWA) have mercy on us all and give us the strenghth and ability to keep our faith,Insh ALLAH..Ameen

:w:

shahrazad
07-21-2008, 10:35 PM
edit

shahrazad
07-21-2008, 10:36 PM
edit

PeaceSeeker
07-22-2008, 12:56 AM
We must remember of death once in a day.

Simply_Logical
07-22-2008, 02:05 PM
great poem, jazakallah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.