/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Questions for Isra and others Part II

lebronjames23
04-26-2006, 03:16 AM
Hey Isra, I havent been on in a while because I have been busy with school and life. I have thought of some questions for you in my spare time. Feel free to answer them and say whatever you want. These questions go all over the place.

1. You said you converted from Christianity to Islam. I was wondering why and when did you convert? (If you dont feel like answering you dont have to)
2. Do you believe in the Trinity in 1 God in 3 persons? If not than what is your view of the Trinity?
3. Why was the Qur'an thought of as being written by Satan (Muhammad was Possessed) Ex. "26.210" and "34.8"
4. I hear a lot of Muslims say that Islam is a peaceful religion. How could this be totally true when Allah for example instructs former Muslims who converted to another religion to be killed (Hadith Vol. 9 Book 84, Number 57) or Qur'an teaches to hate infidels?
5. How is Allah different from God? I hear Allah is not all loving and sins of Muslims go unpunished compared to Christianity where sins are punished (Sodom and Gomorrahh).
6. What do you have to say about terrorists that claim to be Muslim? How does that hurt the cause for ones that want to be Muslim?
7. Somewhere I read that Satan urinates in people's ear that sleep through morning prayer or something like that. Is that true b/c that sounds funny?
8. Do Muslims support abortion? Do they condemn gays and lesbians?
9. Why do you think Islam oppresses women (they beat them and "half the minds of men")?
Hopefully these questions were more interesting and made you think some. Thanks for answering Isra and others!!! Have a great day! :thankyou:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lebronjames23
04-28-2006, 05:27 AM
I was wondering about these questions...perhaps I got a little too detailed in my questions b/c no one has tried to answer them. I tried to give some thoughts to these questions. Anyone is allowed to answer however many questions they want thanks. Hopefully Isra will be on soon to answer some :thankyou: .

extinction
04-28-2006, 05:33 AM
Qur'an teaches to hate infidels?
I'm not hear to debate or answer your questions as I will leave that for more knowledgeable brothers however that one statement needs to be backed because the Quraan doesnt say anything like that..also this one
Why do you think Islam oppresses women (they beat them and "half the minds of men
this statement needs to be reworded cause its just wrong
I hear Allah is not all loving and sins of Muslims go
All muslims are punished for their sins unless Allah decides not to..as for the questions you have I would answer them but I am waiting on sis Isra first...then maybe if no replies come your way InshaAllah(God willing) I will attempt to answer your questions :)

Al-Mu'min
04-28-2006, 06:30 AM
May peace and blessings be upon you Lebronjames23(Boy can that kid play!)

About your questions... I am qiuet busy but I am confident Islam has the answers for all the questions you asked. Be patient and I'm sure the brothers and sisters in this forum will answer your interesting questions. I will try to answer the ones I know.

About Islam & Abortion please read this:
Islam & Abortion

About the nature of Satan in islam, read this interesting Q&A:
nature of satan

This will answer you question about infidels and the relationship between Muslims and non-Muslims:
http://<br /> http://www.islamicinv...on_muslim.html

On Islam's ruling on homosexuality:
Islamic view about Homosexuality
Read this interesting article on the same subject as well:
Homosexuality

About the "oppression" of women in Islam:
http://www.islamicinvitationcentre.c...FAQ_women.html
Also:
http://www.islamicinvitationcentre.c...men/Women.html

About the punishment of Allah on Muslims and non Muslims:
After death, what would prevent a Muslim from entering heaven?&nbsp; Also, how long
will the Disbelievers stay in Hell?

Hope that helps:thankyou:. Be patient and wait for the rest of the answers:).

Peace and blessings.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lebronjames23
04-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Sorry wasnt try ot offend anyone...I will try to back some of my questions with some verses. I am not very good at interpreting verses of the Qur'an or Hadith so please tell me what the Qur'an is really saying with these verses. Thanks

"3.151": "We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they set up with Allah that for which He has sent down no authority, and their abode is the fire,and evil is the abode of the injust."
"9.29": "Fight those who do not believe in Allah,..."
"47.4": So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make prisoners..."
Haditth: Volume 1, Book 2, Number 24: "Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped..."
"66.9": "...Strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be hard against them; and their abode is hell; and evil is the resort"
These verses kind of mean to me that to harm the unbelievers but Im probably wrong.

"2.223": "Your wives are tilth for you, so go into your tilth when you like."
Hadith Volume 3, Book 48, Number 826: "The Prophet said , "Isnt the witness of woman equal to half of that of a man?"..."this is because of the defiency of a woman's mind."
Hadith Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301: "...Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witnes of one man?" ..."The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the defiency in her religion."

"3.32" "...surely Allah does not love the unbelievers."
"3.57": "...and Allah does not love the unjust."
"2.276": "...and Allah does not love any ungrateful sinner."

Sorry, for offending anyone with some of my questions that didnt have any verses that backed the questions up. I find Islam as a very interesting religion and want to continue my studies with Islam. Hopefully Isra will be back around the weekend b/c I know she is busy a lot. Have a good day!

Al-Mu'min
04-28-2006, 11:31 PM
May peace and blessings be upon Lebronjames.

Don't worry brother, you aren't offending anyone:) . You can't offend someone with showing them Quranic verses and Hadith that they believe in. So I incourage you to ask as many questions as you like.

Use this site for the commentary and meanings of the Holy Quran:
Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir

Just choose the Surah and you will get the intrepetation of every topic in each Surah.

Peace again.

Isra
05-01-2006, 02:31 AM
1. You said you converted from Christianity to Islam. I was wondering why and when did you convert? (If you dont feel like answering you dont have to)
* I converted about 2 years ago. I got a new job and my boss was Muslim. He had a copy of the holy Quran in his office that was in both English and Arabic so I started to read it. We would go out after work everynight and discuss religion. I converted after learning it was the right way.

2. Do you believe in the Trinity in 1 God in 3 persons? If not than what is your view of the Trinity?
* There is one God. If you would say God is is only in 3 people or things, you might as well deny God, because God is in all things, he created all things.

3. Why was the Qur'an thought of as being written by Satan (Muhammad was Possessed) Ex. "26.210" and "34.8"
*I never heard anyhting like that, but I will look it up when I have more time maybe.

4. I hear a lot of Muslims say that Islam is a peaceful religion. How could this be totally true when Allah for example instructs former Muslims who converted to another religion to be killed (Hadith Vol. 9 Book 84, Number 57) or Qur'an teaches to hate infidels?
*It's because if you were raised with the truth, why convert to anyother religion? I think nobody does that really though.

5. How is Allah different from God? I hear Allah is not all loving and sins of Muslims go unpunished compared to Christianity where sins are punished (Sodom and Gomorrahh).
* Not true. If a Muslim commits sins, they will go to paradise, but they will be punished first. Not just any person who says "I'm muslim", but a muslim who prays and serves God, they will see paradise.

6. What do you have to say about terrorists that claim to be Muslim? How does that hurt the cause for ones that want to be Muslim?
* It sets a bad image for real muslims. But it's just like the child molesting priests in Catholicism, It sets a bad image for them. Any good muslim will not think to kill a fly, let alone fly a plane into buildings with innocet people inside. And they didn't think, but they killed muslims too who were indide the building. and all the kids left with nobody, no parents...

7. Somewhere I read that Satan urinates in people's ear that sleep through morning prayer or something like that. Is that true b/c that sounds funny?
*??? no clue ???

* Yes, to both.

9. Why do you think Islam oppresses women (they beat them and "half the minds of men")?
* I'm not oppressed. You can't look at some of the women in the under developed countries who actually are oppressed and are muslim. In China, look how women are looked down upon, orphanages are filled with girls and baby girls are even being killed just because families want boys, and China is not a muslim country. oppression is every where, not just in Islam. Islam actually gives women more rights than anyother religion. Rights to chose a spouse, rights to inheritance, rights to divorce.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My take on these quotes of the Quran
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"3.151": "We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve, because they set up with Allah that for which He has sent down no authority, and their abode is the fire,and evil is the abode of the injust."
* I think this is talking about judgement day, but I could be wrong...

*This means don't let anyone take you from you path with Allah, Don't let others influence your beleifs

"47.4": So when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make prisoners..."
*Means Don't kill them, but take them with you, once you have them prisoner, they are no longer a threat to you, so don't kill them.

Haditth: Volume 1, Book 2, Number 24: "Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped..."
* any one who is not muslim If they try to make you worship somethign else, do fight them.

"66.9": "...Strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be hard against them; and their abode is hell; and evil is the resort"
*Same answer as all the others.

* basically says, 'don't Be Shy" lol...

Hadith Volume 3, Book 48, Number 826: "The Prophet said , "Isnt the witness of woman equal to half of that of a man?"..."this is because of the defiency of a woman's mind."
Hadith Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301: "...Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witnes of one man?" ..."The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the defiency in her religion."
* Don't know how to nswer these, so I'll leave it alone instead of messing it up.

^^^
Same thing Christians beleive. If you don't beleive in god you go to hell...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry it took so long, I have so much going on right now. I hope I answered everything alright.

Salam:sister:

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Hello lebronjames,
A lot of the typical anti-islamic drivel in your post; let me address these one by one.
format_quote Originally Posted by lebronjames23
When the unbelievers were presented with the Qur'an they attempted to explain it away and they produced various baseless allegations against the Prophet - some called him a madman, some said he was a poet, others a magician, others possesed, and so. The Qur'an refutes all such allegations.
4. I hear a lot of Muslims say that Islam is a peaceful religion. How could this be totally true when Allah for example instructs former Muslims who converted to another religion to be killed (Hadith Vol. 9 Book 84, Number 57)
Answered here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/20595-post1.html
or Qur'an teaches to hate infidels?
Not true.
The hatred one should have is for their deviance or sinful behavior, not for the people themselves. *
5. How is Allah different from God?
Allah is the arabic word for God. Pick up an arabic Bible and you will see that it uses the word 'Allah'.
I hear Allah is not all loving and sins of Muslims go unpunished compared to Christianity where sins are punished (Sodom and Gomorrahh).
You heard wrong.

Allah is the Oft-Forgiving full of Love (85:14)
And sins of believers will be punished as well.
It doesn't hurt our cause, they will be punished for their evil deeds so it hurts them.
In the hadith the Prophet Muhammad pbuh said that one who sleeps through morning prayer listens to the whispers of Satan in his ear. He likened the whispers of Satan to urine to show us how repulsive and disgusting satan's whispers are.
Abortion is only allowed in life-threatening situations, and Muslims condemn homosexuality.
Islam does not oppress women. Read this article:
Magic City Morning Star: Status of Women in Islam
Islam does not say we are to beat them or that they have half the minds of men. This is your misconception.

Sorry wasnt try ot offend anyone...I will try to back some of my questions with some verses.
Or just plagiarise from anti-islamic websites. Either way it's been refuted before.
Answered here:
Commonly Misquoted Verses and Narrations - Load-Islam.com
Answered here:
Answered here:
Answered here:
Answered here:

Answered here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...witnesses.html
Should God love those who reject Him and disobey Him?

Regards

lebronjames23
05-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Great responses Isra and Ansar Al-'Adl!!! Thanks for taking the time Isra. Islam is truly interesting. Let me better understand Islam. I was wondering when you said "all sins of believers go punished." How is that true when the way to achieve salvation is when your good outweighs the bad? A believer could have many bad sins but his good deeds outnumbered his bad in the end. The sins of that person are unpunished because he still has salvation. You say Allah is all-loving? How could he be when his character is different from God? God in Christianity is just and relational and all-loving...not saying Allah isnt.
3.32" "...surely Allah does not love the unbelievers."

Should God love those who reject Him and disobey Him?
Well, in way he shouldnt but how can Allah be an all loving like you say but dislike the sinners and the unjust. Everyone has sinned but God, so if Allah doesnt like the sinners he cant be all loving. There must be foregiveness by God to the sinner.
Awesome responses I enjoy reading them!! Have a great day!!!!

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Hi lebronjames,
First of all it is nice to see your positive response to the answers.
format_quote Originally Posted by lebronjames23
I was wondering when you said "all sins of believers go punished." How is that true when the way to achieve salvation is when your good outweighs the bad? A believer could have many bad sins but his good deeds outnumbered his bad in the end. The sins of that person are unpunished because he still has salvation.
No, this is a misconception that Christians often have about Muslims; they think salvation in Islam is just a currency of good or bad deeds. That's not true.

First of all, our salvation is dependant entirely on the mercy of God. We don't merit paradise on account of our deeds, it is because of His mercy that anyone will attain paradise. Good deeds are simply a means of attaining His mercy. So everyone who believed in the One God will first be purified of any outstanding bad deeds they may have before they are admitted to paradise.
You say Allah is all-loving? How could he be when his character is different from God?
1. Allah is the arabic word for God.
2. Your comment contains circular reasoning. You say that Allah is different from God [according to Christianity] because Allah is not loving. And then you say He is not loving because He is different from God. That's a fallacy. The answer is Allah is loving.
God in Christianity is just and relational and all-loving...not saying Allah isnt.
3.32" "...surely Allah does not love the unbelievers."
God's love and mercy have two levels. On one hand there is His universal rahmah (mercy) which extends to all creation (Qur'an 40:7). On the other hand He has His specific hubb (love) which is reserved for those who are righteous and believe in Him.
Well, in way he shouldnt but how can Allah be an all loving like you say but dislike the sinners and the unjust. Everyone has sinned but God, so if Allah doesnt like the sinners he cant be all loving. There must be foregiveness by God to the sinner.
Well by All-loving, if you mean that God loves the righteous who obey Him equally as much as the evil who disobey Him, then no this is not what Islam teaches us.

Regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.