/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Learn Surah Mulk By Heart

Bint Abdusattar
05-02-2005, 10:29 PM
:sl:

Did you know that if Surah Mulk is recited on a daily basis before sleeping, that Surah will intercede for a person until that person enters Jannah.

So ..... I thought that all of us on the forum could learn it by heart together. The chapter has 30 verses so it will only take one month if we learn one verse a day. Imagine, in just one months time we will all know this Surah by heart - inshallah. We can start verse one tonight and continue with verse two tomorrow etc.
The reason that we are to go this slow is that i understand that many of you are students and i don't want this task to be burdonsome.

Tonights homework - Surah Mulk verse 1.

What are your thoughts?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
05-02-2005, 10:32 PM

Mash'Allah what an excellent idea! :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Great Idea:)

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Khaldun
05-02-2005, 10:52 PM

mashAllah MashAllah amazing idea....I am behind you :brother:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Ali
05-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Good idea :)

i thought since today is 2nd May we could learn two verses tonight and we'll finish it on the last day of the month.

Khaldun
05-02-2005, 10:57 PM

^^good idea

just a quick question how can we be sure ppl learn the set portions?

Bint Abdusattar
05-02-2005, 10:57 PM

^^^ Brother Hamza - this month has 31 days so we will finish on the last day of the month :alright:

Far7an
05-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Im in :)

first two ayah InshaAllah

Bint Abdusattar
05-02-2005, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

^^good idea

just a quick question how can we be sure ppl learn the set portions?

With Allah SWT as their witness, inshallah they will learn the set portions.

BlissfullyJaded
05-02-2005, 11:02 PM

Good idea mashaAllah. InshaAllah it'll be a success..! :thumbs_up

Ibn Syed
05-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Great idea sister. I already know the surah by heart alhamdulillah, so maybe I can help you guys memorize the surah. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Khattab
05-02-2005, 11:05 PM
This also saves one from the punsihment of the grave if read every night inshallah.

Surah Al-Mulk Verse 1:

Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi

تَبَارَكَ الَّذِي بِيَدِهِ الْمُلْكُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

1. Tabaraka allathee biyadihi almulku wahuwa AAala kulli shay-in qadeerun

Blessed be He in Whose hands is Dominion; and He over all things hath Power;-

Ibn Syed
05-02-2005, 11:09 PM
In my opinion it would be easier to memorize if we could post the arabic because we might not get proper tajweed if we use english.

Ibn Syed
05-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Never mind, the arabic was loading on my computer so I didn't notice it.

Arwa
05-02-2005, 11:27 PM

Masha'Allah it's a great idea :applaud:

I'll just be here to support who ever is memorising as I already know it alhamdulillah.

I memoried it in exactly one hour ;) masha'Allah.

It's not a very hard surah so go for it! :sister:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-02-2005, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed
Great idea sister. I already know the surah by heart alhamdulillah, so maybe I can help you guys memorize the surah. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
same here, and we should move on to the other smaller surahs after this too Inshallah :)

Henry
05-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Great idea, but could anyone please lead me in the correct direction on where to find these?

Khaldun
05-03-2005, 12:30 AM

why not split it up into beginners and abit more advanced, soo ppl like arwa and the other brothers wont just be sittin and relaxing

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa

Masha'Allah it's a great idea :applaud:

I'll just be here to support who ever is memorising as I already know it alhamdulillah.

I memoried it in exactly one hour ;) masha'Allah.

It's not a very hard surah so go for it! :sister:

Subhanallah that surah took me 4 days to memorize and you did in 1 hour. Sister seriously you should consider doing hifz. Inshallah.

wasalam

Khattab
05-03-2005, 12:51 AM
Does anyone know where I can get Ibrahim Al Jibreen reciting Surah Al-Mulk, looked but cant find?

Ra`eesah
05-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

:omg: MASHALLAH!!!! MASHALLAH ALLAHUAKBAR that is the BEST thing i have heard so far.... Allah yujzeekel khair inshallah.... i'm soo in... i'm so excited.... :D if we keep it up inshallah we can all memorize the whole Quran together!!!!

Danish
05-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Already know it by heart, dont recite unless in Salat somethimes

S_87
05-03-2005, 11:07 AM
good idea could do with revising it :)

MetSudaisTwice
05-03-2005, 11:20 AM
bro zak are you a hifz of the Quran?

MetSudaisTwice
05-03-2005, 11:29 AM
yes or no?

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Assalamoalaikum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

Mashallah great idea - also it should be read everynight before going to sleep because when a person dies it protects that person from the punishment of the grave inshallah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
for those who already know it by heart,
move on to those surahs tht u don't know,

starting wid Surah Yaseen, Kahf, Jumuah, Waqiah, Sijdah etc
I just completed Surah Tahrim yesterday, Going on to Surah Talaq today Alhamdullilah:) And i think im starting hifz parttime everyday INshallah, im about to get a teacher :) to learn and do Hifz from Alhamdullilah. :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
yes or no?
well lemme tell you, Zak is a hafiz Mashallah. May Allah strenghten his hifz.

( and so are a couple other brothers here)

Khaldun
05-03-2005, 12:36 PM

this site has got quite a lot of huffad i must say, its amazing and very nice alhamdulilah :brother:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 12:40 PM
ow many in total, i only know 3

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Do you mind listing them so brothers and sisters can personally ask them for help????

Khaldun
05-03-2005, 12:42 PM

Six full hafids (if they want to disclose their identity, they will) *note i might have missed out some i didnt know, sorry*

and at least 4+ in training loq not bad innit

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Subhanallah thats great, I think ill send a PM to everybody who i think is one and ask them personally:) ;);)

Arwa
05-03-2005, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

why not split it up into beginners and abit more advanced, soo ppl like arwa and the other brothers wont just be sittin and relaxing
wa alaikum assalam

hahaha relax!
I ain't going to relax until summer holidays now! insha'Allah ;D
Insha'Allah Ima start learninggggggggg I think surah Sajdah soooon :sister:

Anyyyways... so who has learnt the first ayah? or even the second?

Danish
05-03-2005, 08:19 PM

I just completed Surah Tahrim yesterday, Going on to Surah Talaq today Alhamdullilah And i think im starting hifz parttime everyday INshallah, im about to get a teacher to learn and do Hifz from Alhamdullilah.
i found surah TALAQ HARD when i was memorising. I think that is the hardest surah in the juz, jumma/munafiqoon/saba r the easiest i think

.....interesting fact btw, surah mujadeelah (first surah of juz 28) is the only surah in which every verse has "Allah" in it :)

Umm Yoosuf
05-03-2005, 08:49 PM
:( I missed it all .....i can't believe it :(

S_87
05-03-2005, 08:57 PM
i found last part of sure sajdah hard ..it took me two days to learn that part (just after th sajdah)

Danish
05-03-2005, 09:10 PM
this site has got quite a lot of huffad i must say, its amazing and very nice alhamdulilah
yep, Prophet (PHUB) said near the day of judgement, there will be more hafiz than alims (scholars)...and this is definatly coming true

Green Bird
05-03-2005, 09:24 PM
cool idea count me in!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish

i found surah TALAQ HARD when i was memorising. I think that is the hardest surah in the juz, jumma/munafiqoon/saba r the easiest i think

.....interesting fact btw, surah mujadeelah (first surah of juz 28) is the only surah in which every verse has "Allah" in it :)

it does seem hard, but i have got the tune that Shuraim has for it, So Inshallah i think i can do it, Just make Dua ok:)

Bint Abdusattar
05-03-2005, 09:55 PM

MAshallah the response to this has been great.
I hope taht you have all learned the second verse today - you know if you have not and you think you will learn two verses the next day - well this is not really a good attitude as it slows you down and gets you more lazy and secondly - you won't be keeping up with the rest of the team!
So lets atay together and do this togerther - inshallah.
For those who already know this surah - Mashallah and thanks for the encouragement and support in this.

I have an idea - if you agree, shall i post the tafseer of this surah? Day to day one verse at a time - What do you think?
It will not be the tafseer of a particular person but the tafseer of a few people combined - this is the way that i learned it from My teacher when i studied the Quran in Pakistan.

Let me know what you think and if you agree then I'll start posting in a couple of days time Inshallah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Surah Jinn was very tough for me, in the first 15 ayats, i kept mixing them up. But i got them ALhamdulillah:)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abdusattar

MAshallah the response to this has been great.
I hope taht you have all learned the second verse today - you know if you have not and you think you will learn two verses the next day - well this is not really a good attitude as it slows you down and gets you more lazy and secondly - you won't be keeping up with the rest of the team!
So lets atay together and do this togerther - inshallah.
For those who already know this surah - Mashallah and thanks for the encouragement and support in this.

I have an idea - if you agree, shall i post the tafseer of this surah? Day to day one verse at a time - What do you think?
It will not be the tafseer of a particular person but the tafseer of a few people combined - this is the way that i learned it from My teacher when i studied the Quran in Pakistan.

Let me know what you think and if you agree then I'll start posting in a couple of days time Inshallah

That will be a great contribution on your part. Plz post :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 10:00 PM
EDIT

Henry
05-03-2005, 10:59 PM
It would be greatly appreciated if someone could please point me into the right direction to find these so I can memorize them.

BlissfullyJaded
05-03-2005, 11:04 PM

I presume you want a site where you can read Surah Mulk in Arabic?
Here's one...
http://4bm.com/quraanLanguages/MixPictal/067.htm

Ibn Syed
05-03-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm going to become a hafiz soon Inshallah. I have nearly memorized 4.5 juz alhamdulillah(I'm only almost 12). Can anyone give me tips??

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm going to become a hafiz soon Inshallah. I have nearly memorized 4.5 juz alhamdulillah(I'm only almost 12). Can anyone give me tips??

Subhanallah thats great brother. You might wanna chek this out right away:)

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=1995

Ibn Syed
05-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Jazakallah brother Ahmed for the wonderful link. :) :) :) :) :) :);) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 11:39 PM
hehe No problem at all brother. May Allah help you complete your hifz and make Dua for me too as im doing the same:)

Khaldun
05-04-2005, 10:35 AM

Juzz ama the hardest is probably Naziat (dont laugh if you dont know the other surahs of the Quran, as the reptions will get more and more, if you do feel free to laugh your heads of loq) in Juzz tabarak its surah Insan (dahr) and surah Jinn deffinately the rest of the Juzz *should* be no problem inshAllah *smiles* and Juzz Qadsami'aAllahu its the one and only surah TALAQ but, its not a biggy inshAllah :brother: .....as for the rest of the Quran surah A'raaf is probably the top surah (I have got it as revision today make dua for me hehe)....opps I probably shouldnt have said that *smiles*

wallahi i must say I am very excited about this idea, its GREAT mashAllah sis BintAbuSattar

Far7an
05-04-2005, 10:41 AM
I think we should have a check in sometime soon to see how many of us have memorised it InshaAllah.

Khaldun
05-04-2005, 10:57 AM

the thing is, its a bit tricky u see....but once u get the hang of it, it flows quite nice and fast alhamdulilah :brother:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-04-2005, 12:34 PM
For me Naziat was no problem at all, it only took me 2 days Alhamdullilah. The hard was Layl, cuz i kept getting mixed up. In 29th, it was definatley Jinn. 28, (currently) Talaq seems most tough, yet it has a certain flow to it. Mujadilah seems a little hard. But im not sure.

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2005, 12:35 PM
inshallah you and all the brothers and sisters will complete the memorization of the Quran

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Ameen

Danish
05-04-2005, 05:44 PM

Juzz ama the hardest is probably Naziat (dont laugh if you dont know the other surahs of the Quran, as the reptions will get more and more, if you do feel free to laugh your heads of loq) in Juzz tabarak its surah Insan (dahr) and surah Jinn deffinately the rest of the Juzz *should* be no problem inshAllah *smiles* and Juzz Qadsami'aAllahu its the one and only surah TALAQ but, its not a biggy inshAllah .....as for the rest of the Quran surah A'raaf is probably the top surah (I have got it as revision today make dua for me hehe)....opps I probably shouldnt have said that *smiles*

wallahi i must say I am very excited about this idea, its GREAT mashAllah sis BintAbuSattar
totallly agree akhis, jin + dhar/insaan r definately hard. Yeh, for some reason i think naziat (juz 30) and dhariyat (juz 26) r VERY SIMILAR...it could be just me though of course :s

Mu'maneen
05-04-2005, 11:53 PM

When memorising each Ayat. Make sure you recite continuously the other Ayats that you learnt. For example you memorize ayat1. Each day recite:

Ayat 1, 2 Day 1...
1, 2, 3 Day 2...
1, 2, 3, 4 Day 3...
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Day 4...
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Day 5...

Repeat the Ayats that you learnt 20 times twice a day minimum. 10 times from reading it from the Quran, and then 10 times reading it without looking.

Whatever you do, do not continue memorizing more Ayats until you can master reciting the others. For example, when you wake up, recite what you learnt yesterday. If you can recite it without looking at the Quran, move on to the next Ayat for memorising.

--------------------

Vist my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-05-2005, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish

totallly agree akhis, jin + dhar/insaan r definately hard. Yeh, for some reason i think naziat (juz 30) and dhariyat (juz 26) r VERY SIMILAR...it could be just me though of course :s
For me i think Dhariyat and Murasaalat are similar????

BlissfullyJaded
05-05-2005, 06:54 AM

;D

Ahhh...you people bein shocked by each other finding certain surahs harder/not harder is really lifts moi hopes. Keep at it ya'll. ;D

So, how's the memorizing comin along? InshaAllah you'll are doin great. *nods*

BlissfullyJaded
05-05-2005, 07:40 AM

Oops, thought I said that. Already memorized it alhamdulillah.. :)

Danish
05-05-2005, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk wAk
Insan = Hard
i memorised it just by listening to the imaam [he used to recite tht whenever he used to get a chance to lead Fajr]
its easy to memorize it but hard to remmeber it -- like surah jin, u keep forgetting it after a while

For me i think Dhariyat and Murasaalat are similar?
muralat, lol noooo way...they r differrent, only few ayats r similar

Khaldun
05-05-2005, 11:24 AM

be aware brother zak! be very aware thats what i thought when i was reading surah Kafiroon....hmm...I think you lot know the rest of the story :zip:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Alhamdullilah 4 ayats into Talaq:)

Danish
05-05-2005, 02:50 PM
u meant MURSALAAT, innit
lol obviously, mursalaat last surah of juz 29

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-05-2005, 04:25 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i just reread that, sounds really funny. srry :zip:

Arwa
05-05-2005, 11:00 PM
;D

I just re read it too

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-06-2005, 05:51 PM
any one else memorize the ayats in question????

Bint Abdusattar
05-06-2005, 10:44 PM

Yip - i'm up to date with my ayaats - we should have learnt ayat 5 today - it's 11.43pm so i'm about to learn tomorrows ayat too.

Ibn Syed
05-06-2005, 10:46 PM
How far are we now?

Bint Abdusattar
05-06-2005, 10:48 PM

Supposed to learn ayat 5 for today.

Ibn Syed
05-06-2005, 10:49 PM
I mean how far into the surah are we now?

Bint Abdusattar
05-06-2005, 10:51 PM

one sixth of it - 5 ayats done, 25 to go.

If this is not what you mean then do explain what you mean

Ibn Syed
05-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Only that far! I thought we started last week and wer were gonna do 1 or 2 per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bint Abdusattar
05-06-2005, 10:57 PM

One a day cause some people are very busy with studying for exams (ha ha ha) - and for some people it takes time to learn.

So be patient and before you know it, the month will be over and you would know the surah by heart.

If you want to do more, then i suggest you learn another Surah alongside it at your own pace - i suggest Surah Kahf as that is the next majour one i want to learn cause of its importanca - did you know whoever memorizes the first 10 verses of Surah Kahf is protected from the dajaal.

Ibn Syed
05-06-2005, 11:02 PM
And it is good if you read surah Kahf on Friday(Jumuah).

Ibn Syed
05-06-2005, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abdusattar

So be patient and before you know it, the month will be over and you would know the surah by heart.

I already memorized the surah by heart alhamdulillah.

Bint Abdusattar
05-06-2005, 11:05 PM

Yes - another good reason to know this by heart is cause the Prophet Muhammed SAW read it on Fridays so it's sunnah for us to do so. There are so many benefits from reading this surah Kahf - i'll post them another time when i have my tafseer Qur'an with me Inshallah.

Bint Abdusattar
05-06-2005, 11:06 PM
I already memorized the surah by heart alhamdulillah.

Mashallah - how long did it take?

Ibn Syed
05-06-2005, 11:07 PM
It took me 2 days to memorize it using Sa'd Al-Ghamidi.

Bint Abdusattar
05-06-2005, 11:10 PM

MAshallah -Have you thought of memorizing the whole Qur'an?

This is something i'd love to do when i pick up speed in memorization Inshallah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-13-2005, 06:07 PM

i knew this wud happen to this thred. :omg: NO REPLY FOR A WEEK:omg:

so howz everyone doin in their memorization????????? ur supposed to be halfway done i think....

Bint Abdusattar
05-22-2005, 06:16 PM

Sorry for not replying for not being on the forum for a long time but i just moved back to home where we don't have braod band :-[ We have pay as you go - i would still use it but th plug thing - go problemss with it ....... i could go on ...... ''''**

Anyways - we should all be learining verse 21 today - only 9 more verses to go.
How is everyone going withthe learning by heart? Do you all still still have the same determination?? If not - then go back to the merits of reading this surah and do take it seriously.
I await your replies as it will show your dertermination which will give others encouragement inshallah - so don't be miserly with your replies.

I'm going to fix the plug thing at home then i'll be on internet everyday again :coolsis:

S_87
05-22-2005, 08:52 PM
let us know when youve memorised it all :D
have u so far found any parts hard?
i think sure mulk is one of the easiest :thumbs_up

Ibn Syed
05-22-2005, 08:54 PM
I think Mulk is very easy. None of it was hard for me alhamdulillah.
:w;

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-30-2005, 09:16 PM

No one is replying Zak, looks like theyve forgotten already.:(

BlissfullyJaded
05-31-2005, 06:22 AM

Hmmmmmmmm....! :'(

I thought there were 5 or 6 ppl participating in this! :( Hmm..I hope they finished it today.. Maybe they can just come online or sommat. *hopeful*

Silver Pearl
05-31-2005, 07:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
its 30 MAY today,
so who's going to complete Surah Mulk by tomorrow [as per schedule] ?? ??? :)
:w: warahmatuallah wabarakatu,

Me!! :D (yes, i know i already knew it before hand but that sad face on people's face is too much to handle... :omg: i'm becoming soft at old age!)

Bint Abdusattar
06-01-2005, 08:20 PM

Sorry not replyed but not been able to get online.

I've completed the Surah Mulk Alhumdollilah. What about the rest of you who started it and thought it was a good idea? I hope you have kept up with it.

I think someone should co-ordinate memorization of Surah Yasin next and then Surah Rahman. I would do it but i'm going away to Pakistan for a while and don't think i'll have access to internet for a while.

So iinshallah will speak soon and keep up the memorization of the Qur'an.

Allah SWT says in the Qur'an about the Qur'an
"it is better than all they gather"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.