/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Somali People

Shukria
04-27-2006, 01:39 AM
What if Africa could live in peace – no more tragedies?
Little babies would grow up following the right trajectories –
No more casualties—are written in our histories –
Listen to the “voiceless” speak –and lets silent the abductees,
Government on oath –‘no more fatalities from the west to east’
Build our own facilities –perhaps communities,
So we can feed the poor some Basto and Bariis,
Now you can lend a hand –so we can rebuild our land,
Before they poison our water and dirt our sand,
Why kill our women and weaken our men?
Tribe made us divide – unjustified—can’t fight for our rights?
If I say “Somalia TO’SOW” then why should I desire any side?
HWYE, DRD, ISQ AND MADHIBAAN –just to name few,
Just because you’re not the same tribe – don’t really mean I hate you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Farhiya
04-27-2006, 01:49 AM
Salaamu Calikum, abaayo

thats is soo true...we have to end this tribelistic mentality. inshaallah it will end soon

wa calikum a salaam

Falafel Eater
04-27-2006, 11:00 AM
:sl:

May Allah help our brothers and sisters everywhere....

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 06:20 PM
I KNOW I HATE THE WHOLE TRIBAL THING!!! grrrrr.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sunflower
04-27-2006, 06:31 PM
tell me bout it. ive never been but would love to but coz of the differences in tribes of my parents its 'too dangerous'':'( :'( :'( :'( :'( sad rite??

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 06:32 PM
somalia is wicked!! i had the time of my life there absolutely amazing i went to hargeisa so there was no fighting and stuff not sure about mog though...but it was SPECTACULAR i had the best fun...got into so much trouble!!!

extinction
04-27-2006, 06:35 PM
only place I went to was south africa and it was pretty cool but we almost got robbed once so I dont think i will be hurrying back their but overall africa needs to grow up I seen a t.v documentary on sudan yesterday that place looks like something out of old times where people never heard of civilization...very sad indeed

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
only place I went to was south africa and it was pretty cool but we almost got robbed once so I dont think i will be hurrying back their but overall africa needs to grow up I seen a t.v documentary on sudan yesterday that place looks like something out of old times where people never heard of civilization...very sad indeed
woohoo im going south africa next year one of my closest friends moved over there...cant wait inshaAllah it should be good...africa needs to be rid of all the corruption and then the people will be at peace!!

city_dweller
05-11-2006, 07:36 PM
masha'Allaah that was nice

insha'Allaah all that tribal nonsense is comming to an end soon... they're already setting up shari'ah courts in southern Somalia ... insha'Allaah Islaam will be the only thing we adhere to in Somalia soon...

seeker_of_ilm
05-11-2006, 07:41 PM

Oh yeah South Africa is real dangerous. I've been there many times. In fact the first thing we saw when we arrived in Jo'burg City, from the airport , was someone getting car jacked. My uncle kept a gun with him at all times and he urged us not to act "touristy" because they know the tourists don't have guns, but they rarely try it on with locals.

Mozambique (next door) where most of my family lives, is a lot safer, but there are porous borders, and a lot of people from South Africa, hop over to Mozambique, do armed roberry of the shops, and go back.

The level of corruption is amazing in Mozambique, Police officers can be bribed for as little 20-30p. My uncle walked up to the Airplane to meet us, without any problems. The way they scanned suitcases was opening them and searching by hand.

Africa is such a beautiful continent, as I have had the great pleasure of travelling around it, and even living there for a couple of years, however the corruption is like a cancer, and the nationalism is shocking.

May Allah give Hidayah to us all

wafa islam
07-23-2006, 06:31 PM

Akhi if you're intending for a dua' the Ameen Insha Allah.

South Afica is just one country in Africa. You don't see what you saw there every place in Africa.

Sudan was a great nation once, some even say that parts of the country was under the rule of the egyptian pharaos. People have heard of civilization there, Akhi. Africa needs to grow up? That wasn't nice said akhi al-kareem, as I am sure that there are lots of african muslims on this forum.

Ittataqi Allah (Fear Allah) Insha Allah
And remember the hadeeth of the Prophet (alahi salawatu wa salaam), it is the signature of sister Hatshepsut

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.