/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How racist are you?

extinction
04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
I decided to start this thread mainly because I don't think I am racist but then again I thought very very carefully about it and I think I am racist to some extent and I think nearly everyone is racist to some extent. Am I causing you to get frustrated and do I hear you protesting thats just absurd and unheard of and that you dont care and you aren't racist...well face it people we have some things we simply will not do with some people of other races I will start by giving examples to explain where I am coming from...I am fair-skinned in color and I am asian and have no problems with black people at all I even eat with black people sometimes at the mosque one of my best friends is black I even invite some black friends over to my house....however I don't think I would ever marry a black women ever ...why because she is black? People will give other reasons and say thats harsh and racist but is it? Ok for those of you that are not black and will marry a black person would you let you younger sister or would you let your daughter marry a black person? Same goes for me and white people I would maybe marry a white person...but I sure know I wouldn't allow my son or daughter to..does that make me racist? So the question is how racist are you? Do you think you are racist?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 06:59 PM
well im black and its all wack jack...
ok there goes my rapping career...
erm i think people forget that racism is not only about skin colour
its also about creed too me tinks thats the right word i dont know!!
erm like within the asian culture theres alot of racism

extinction
04-27-2006, 07:00 PM
you see I want to know if other people think like this also...this is not a problem I have just a kind of survey I want to do ....I accept people of other colors very easily as friends and stuff but at some point I get racist....

x Maz x
04-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Dont think I am...I mean maybe Allah knows best but i never intentionally cuss a person of different race :)...I mean i dont find someone addressing me as 'Paki' wrong...thats ma nationality and i'm proud of it deep down das ma roots so why should i be offended...however it does kind of depend on what context you use it in i guess WalaykumAsalaam x

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nawal89
04-27-2006, 07:03 PM
I admit i am racist to a point. I have no problem hanging around anyone tho.

Kittygyal
Salam,

you know i am white cause i was a christain and when i wear asian clothes like once in a blue moon its like people just stare at mI! :offended:

nowadays people just don't the ''meaning'' of being racist! and i know that asians are called black and christains are called white but then again you need to think twice because god created them so no ones perfect on earth!

its like well you know if a ''dog barks then just don't feed it''!
i understand that my skin color is ''white'' whereas when i dress like an asian people just sater and it propper takes the piss! :offended: :offended:

W.salam

extinction
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
Dont think I am...I mean maybe Allah knows best but i never intentionally cuss a person of different race :)...I mean i dont find someone addressing me as 'Paki' wrong...thats ma nationality and i'm proud of it deep down das ma roots so why should i be offended...however it does kind of depend on what context you use it in i guess WalaykumAsalaam x
I dont see myself ever dissing someone soley on their race like I said...but would you honestly marry a white guy? or a black guy? or a bengali? or a chinese? or a ex hindu?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 07:04 PM
mashAllah, hafizmo you are a very honest person, always stay that way inshaAllah bro :).

as for racism lol, u made me think bro!!!! :p, i dont think i care about what or who i marry, i have all sorts of friends (black/white/yellow/brown/red/pink/blue etc). Like sis het sed, s'all about deen :)

:sl:

too bad my parents want strictly asian/bengali/muslimah/hanafi/female...!!!!!!! so i gess there kinda racist :p

Mawaddah
04-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Heh
Most Black Women I know dont want to marry a Black Man ;D
Yeah I guess some people all have a bit racism in them
Like for instance me? A Paki or an Arab for choice of marriage would be the last thing in the world.
But would that exactly be called racist? :? I mean....just because you dont think you would want to marry someone, is that racist?........even though you get along with them and mix with them pretty well?

Nawal89
04-27-2006, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
Salam,

you know i am white cause i was a christain and when i wear asian clothes like once in a blue moon its like people just stare at mI! :offended:

nowadays people just don't the ''meaning'' of being racist! and i know that asians are called black and christains are called white but then again you need to think twice because god created them so no ones perfect on earth!

its like well you know if a ''dog barks then just don't feed it''!
i understand that my skin color is ''white'' whereas when i dress like an asian people just sater and it propper takes the piss! :offended: :offended:

W.salam
I think you are extremley mixed up.
Just because you're christian you're not white. Same as just because you're asian you're not black. And what do you mean by asian clothes? I know a lot of white and black ppl who wear asian clothes and no one stares. It's fashionable. Maybe you mean islamic clothing?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AsilahRana
Heh
Most Black Women I know dont want to marry a Black Man ;D
Yeah I guess some people all have a bit racism in them
Like for instance me? A Paki or an Arab for choice of marriage would be the last thing in the world.
But would that exactly be called racist? :? I mean....just because you dont think you would want to marry someone, is that racist?........even though you get along with them and mix with them pretty well?
ye it kinda is racist lol, or mayb u just dont think u'll mix well on that level... i duno is it racist?!

now i confused myself!!!! :heated:

*noor
04-27-2006, 07:07 PM
well, i think everyone is racist to some extent, even if it is subconscious sometimes and we are unaware of it at times.

hafizmo, i think i can relate to what you said about being ok to marry someone of a different race but parents wont allow it for their children.

i personally think that there is nothing wrong with marrying someone from a different race or nationality
on the other hand, my parents would never agree to it.

so i think i understand what you mean

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
I think you are extremley mixed up.
Just because you're christian you're not white. Same as just because you're asian you're not black. And what do you mean by asian clothes? I know a lot of white and black ppl who wear asian clothes and no one stares. It's fashionable. Maybe you mean islamic clothing?

NO sis not islamic clothing just you know asian clothes what ever you call em people stare :offended:

Helena
04-27-2006, 07:10 PM

mashalah hafizmo....erm......good thread......intersting quest.....

am i racist.......nope i dnt think sooo.....i see everybody equally....we arent different from each other and we are one.....alhamdulilah......

Def in hajj it reminded that and before hajj....we one unity.....and one ummah.....

no ones different frm me.....unless ppl see me differently....give moi dirts....a smile is given in return....dats all inshalah.....:)

:w:

x Maz x
04-27-2006, 07:11 PM
I dont see myself ever dissing someone soley on their race like I said...but would you honestly marry a white guy? or a black guy? or a bengali? or a chinese? or a ex hindu?
Brother...First and formost MashAllah for the honesty Respct 4 u! :)...Why not? i mean just cause my family want me to get wit some nex freshy probably i think differently...inshAllah if he devout and pious i see nothing wrong wit it ;) WalaykumAsalaam x

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
I know question wasnt to me...but i really really dont care about skin colour...partically cos i know we're all a different skin colour due to different levels of pigment i mean im not even the same skin colour as my siblings and we have same moma and dadda...loolool i mean we're different shades...i mean who cares?!!? its only skin colour when you cut me do i not bleed the same as you?? subhanaAllah...oh well i guess its cos racism is innate!!!

extinction
04-27-2006, 07:12 PM
alot of these replies are interesting my accusation still stands slightly unwavered ...remember ok you might not be racist but is there a certain point where you cross the line?

Kittygyal
04-27-2006, 07:14 PM
alot of these replies are interesting my accusation still stands slightly unwavered ...remember ok you might not be racist but is there a certain point where you cross the line?

erm.. bro to be honest i have when i was in a fight:X

NJUSA
04-27-2006, 07:14 PM
I love my people, and I'm an Equal Opportunity Flirt. I've learned that Allah created us into nations and tribes so that we may know one another. (ahem.) Diversity is a blessing from Allah, so enjoy the blessings!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 07:15 PM
i wudnt marry sum1 im not attracted to at all.
is that racism? :?

extinction
04-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I said it once I will say it again I don't see myself as a racist we have spanish employees I have black friends even my mother and father have black family friends..even malaysian my mom has a ex-sikh friend but when it boils down to it its something to really ponder over ...

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 07:17 PM
I said it once I will say it again I don't see myself as a racist we have spanish employees I have black friends even my mother and father have black family friends..even malaysian my mom has a ex-sikh friend but when it boils down to it its something to really ponder over ...
akhee put it this way, if u was allowed and u met a black muslimah thru ur wali whos really pious and u found her attractive, you liked her piety and person etc, wudnt u marry her?

like i sed its not racism, its the individual aspects ur thinkin about i rekon!

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
akhee put it this way, if u was allowed and u met a black muslimah thru ur wali whos really pious and u found her attractive, you liked her piety and person etc, wudnt u marry her?

mmmhhhmmm i do testify!!!

*noor
04-27-2006, 07:18 PM
yeah thats like my family..........we have friends from different races, but my parents would never let me marry someone who is not Palestinian.

extinction
04-27-2006, 07:20 PM

I wouldnt do it simply because of what people would say....thats what I mean by I am racist in that respect...

Mawaddah
04-27-2006, 07:21 PM
It's not that my parents wouldn't allow me not to marry someone of a different race
They really dont have the grounds to say that actually :p Cause they're soooo mixed up themselves hehehe I've got :

Indian
Arab
Malay
Indonesian
Black
Caucasion

I'm a mix of all of that, so no I dont think my parents would stop me from marrying another nationality.........since they also realize that the most important is the taqwa, but it would be my choice in the end wont it? And I just personally feel that Arab and Paki dont go too good with me.......But Allahu A'lam right? if we say that taqwa matters most.......then maybe that will be the reason we marry someone who we never thought we'd marry ;)

x Maz x
04-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Well said Abd' Majid ;)...Allah made us into nations and tribes so that we may know eachother not despise eachother...the most honourable in the sight of Allah is the one who has most piety...Colour does not matter...its is just a skin colour...the true beuaty comes within ;)..Pious honourable spouses are the best...Allah grant us them and shower his blessings upon the true belivers Ameen WalaykumAsalaam x

Helena
04-27-2006, 07:22 PM

i think its individual thinking.....its how u been brought up....hw ur cultural wrld interfers and plays wid ur mind.....

united
04-27-2006, 07:23 PM
What about smells?
Races have thier own smells.
Or is it just me?

chacha_jalebi
afta readin dis post, it has made me tink, imagine u had a choice of people 2 marry from n u chose a certain nationality does dat make u racist 2 d ovas u dint choose? lol its a confusin thinnn innit

Sister_6038
if jacko ever said a decent thing this has to be it 'it doesnt matter if youre black or white ooow (or whatever that annoying sound is that he does)'

x Maz x
04-27-2006, 07:28 PM
At the end of the day Allah knows what is concelaed in your hearts...never intentionally be racist and maintain mutual respect amongst eachother...Islam DOESN'T teach us to go shouting personal attacks at people...so refrain from it inshAllah...as i have stated before in a hadith Men marry four reasons *their money
*their status in society
*their beuaty
*their relgioun
See nationality or race was not stated...i will say this again Allah grant us pious spouses inshAllah...WalaykumAsalaam x

extinction
04-27-2006, 07:28 PM
lol well sees theirs a black guy who wants to be white then theres eminem who wants to be black? but the topic isnt about jacko its about your individual feelings on racism and do you think that the point where you say no to a race is racism or not?

Halima
04-27-2006, 07:31 PM

Ok this is just a reminder people stay on topic..I have deleted some posts and you know who you are....

Back to the topic, brother, just because you don't want to marry a black girl doesn't make you racist it maybe that you want to marry someone of your own culture and you don't collaborate well with the african american culture.

One good advice is to ask yourself why? Hypothetically, if you had the most pious african american girl in the world come up to you and ask you for marriage..ask yourself why would you not want to be her husband?

Perhaps because of the different cultures, or that prejudice tint that you have deep inside of you. From the looks of it, it doesn't seem that you are not in any form prejudice against black women, it's just that you don't find them attractive for some odd reason.

If you get along with black people since your best friend is black, then that shows you have no predjudice against black people to begin with. You should ponder over this thought. Ask yourself why.

Mawaddah
I guess if you say 'no' to a person just because of his/her race..........even though he/she has all the other qualities, that would be considered racism wont it?
Because then it would be like........so whats your excuse for not marrying?
And then the answer would be ...'uuh...because he/she is such and such a race'
So yeah I think thats racism innit? :?

chacha_jalebi
yesh mashallah well sed maz sista, its all bout ur intention, as long as u intend not 2 b racist den its kool, n @ d end of day ALLAH (swt) knows wot u really intend!!!

btw maz sista me liks ur lil poem/ rap fin @ bottom!!! it heavyy

*noor
04-27-2006, 07:32 PM
lol well sees theirs a black guy who wants to be white then theres eminem who wants to be black? but the topic isnt about jacko its about your individual feelings on racism and do you think that the point where you say no to a race is racism or not?

im going to have to say that it depends on the reason that you say no.
like if you say no because you will have trouble understanding the family of the person and vice versa because of cultural differences, that maybe its not racism.

youngsister
04-27-2006, 07:34 PM
I am happy to say that i am not racist, i am black and would i ever mind marrying someone from a different race? Of course not let him be white black asian whatever as long as he got his deen then i am happy! Alhamdulah for that :)

*noor
04-27-2006, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
I am happy to say that i am not racist, i am black and would i ever mind marrying someone from a different race? Of course not let him be white black asian whatever as long as he got his deen then i am happy! Alhamdulah for that :)

MASHAALLAH

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 07:35 PM
ive never said no to any race...ive made comical jokes about the cultures of people...but in a jokey way never been deadly racist...its not my thing...its partly because ive had a lotta racism thrown at me...muhaha i laugh in the face of those who tried to be racist to me....i can see why people are racist its due to ignorance but end of day we were made different for a reason...diversity rocks!! woohoo!!

chacha_jalebi
04-27-2006, 07:36 PM
this is confusin but sista halima, has a heavy point, cos u cant jus say no 2 d most pious woman cos of her colour, mmmm lol im confused so wots racist n wots not lol. let me giv u my own example, lol it wil sound weird but ere it goes ... round my area ders 2 shops who do yazoo strawberry milkshake, n 1 of dem who is muslim sells it 4 99p, n d ova shop who is hindu sells it 4 79p but i buy it from d muslim shop even dow it expensiver, but my intention bhind it, is dat d money i spend goes 2 a muslim brother, so so now is dat racist?? c i cant really say, bcos i havent got anyfin againist hindus, so so ...

extinction
04-27-2006, 07:38 PM
my reason would be comprised of reasons....one ..what would my extended family say what would the asians say behind my back ? what if I dont like her cooking? what if my kids are black/chinese/hindu looking? could i live with that? what if her parents dont get along with mine? what if my kids prefer her culture to mine? what if she has that 'smell' someone mentioned earlier....what if she doesnt like me speaking my language with my kids and wants english only..or what if my kids only learn the mothers language and not mine? could I live with that? what if her culture is waaay different than mine and the two of us cant adapt to each other? e.g she likes breads and foods that are more dry where as i prefer rice and foods that are mild spicy? would that mean I would have to go to my mothers to eat all the time?

*noor
04-27-2006, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
this is confusin but sista halima, has a heavy point, cos u cant jus say no 2 d most pious woman cos of her colour, mmmm lol im confused so wots racist n wots not lol. let me giv u my own example, lol it wil sound weird but ere it goes ... round my area ders 2 shops who do yazoo strawberry milkshake, n 1 of dem who is muslim sells it 4 99p, n d ova shop who is hindu sells it 4 79p but i buy it from d muslim shop even dow it expensiver, but my intention bhind it, is dat d money i spend goes 2 a muslim brother, so so now is dat racist?? c i cant really say, bcos i havent got anyfin againist hindus, so so ...

I dont see that as racist. I see it as helping out your Muslim brother.

But on the other hand if they were both Muslim and you were Asian for example and one of them was an Italian Muslim and the other was an Asian Muslim and you picked to buy from the Asian Muslim over the Italian Muslim because of the nationality, then i think that is racist.

seeker_of_ilm
04-27-2006, 07:41 PM

Nope, I don't think I'm racist at all, first of all, I have friends of every colour you could imagine, black, white, green, pink.....

And the question about marrying into a different colour....that wouldn't bother me a single bit...I myself am the product of asian and white parents...

I've had some appalling things said to me by uncles and aunties...."don't marry anyone black....cos then your kids will be black..." yeah.......so?

youngsister
04-27-2006, 07:42 PM
^^Brother is not easy, well you looking at it in a more traditional cultural way my auntie married an arab man this year will be 24 years that they been together! Wasnt easy but your forgetting both of you will be sharing ISLAM so you have something in common and you can compromise :)

*noor
04-27-2006, 07:43 PM
what if her parents dont get along with mine? what if my kids prefer her culture to mine? what if she has that 'smell' someone mentioned earlier....what if she doesnt like me speaking my language with my kids and wants english only..or what if my kids only learn the mothers language and not mine? could I live with that? what if her culture is waaay different than mine and the two of us cant adapt to each other? e.g she likes breads and foods that are more dry where as i prefer rice and foods that are mild spicy? would that mean I would have to go to my mothers to eat all the time?
I see where you're coming from. If you put it that way, I dont think its racism.

chacha_jalebi
04-27-2006, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
I dont see that as racist. I see it as helping out your Muslim brother.

But on the other hand if they were both Muslim and you were Asian for example and one of them was an Italian Muslim and the other was an Asian Muslim and you picked to buy from the Asian Muslim over the Italian Muslim because of the nationality, then i think that is racist.

yesh, but imagine we look @ it from d hindu point of view, cnt d man say ive been racist 2 him, wen my intention wasnt lol hmmmm :?

Halima
04-27-2006, 07:44 PM
my reason would be comprised of reasons....one ..what would my extended family say what would the asians say behind my back ? what if I dont like her cooking? what if my kids are black/chinese/hindu looking? could i live with that? what if her parents dont get along with mine? what if my kids prefer her culture to mine? what if she has that 'smell' someone mentioned earlier....what if she doesnt like me speaking my language with my kids and wants english only..or what if my kids only learn the mothers language and not mine? could I live with that? what if her culture is waaay different than mine and the two of us cant adapt to each other? e.g she likes breads and foods that are more dry where as i prefer rice and foods that are mild spicy? would that mean I would have to go to my mothers to eat all the time?

Wouldn't you feel the same about marrying a woman from any other culture? It's like these feelings are all to common when someone marries a person from a different culture..not just african american women..right?

extinction
04-27-2006, 07:46 PM
yes thats right just not african american I was using that more as a example seeing as though thats a culture that in my opinion is most opposite than mine...next on the list are white women......and so on.....

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 07:47 PM
what would my extended family say what would the asians say behind my back ?
well Allah gave us our forefinger and index one for a reason..lolol im joking..ignore it backbiting is haram so it lies upon their heads
what if I dont like her cooking?
why dont you cook then?
what if my kids are black/chinese/hindu looking? could i live with that?
i think you should be more concerned that youre kids are healthy and happy and say alhamdulilah
what if her parents dont get along with mine?
sit down and resolve the problem worrying about it wont make it better you'll just get grey hairs!!
what if my kids prefer her culture to mine?
OUR (yours and hers) kids you mean and hey make sure you integrate both cultures....
what if she has that 'smell' someone mentioned earlier....
hey deodrant is there for a reason..besides if shes a pious sis she will be as clean as fresh water due keeping to practices of a muslims to stay clean
what if she doesnt like me speaking my language with my kids and wants english only..
how about you offer to teach her your language and you hers?
or what if my kids only learn the mothers language and not mine? could I live with that?
hey teach your kids both languages then!!
what if her culture is waaay different than mine and the two of us cant adapt to each other? e.g she likes breads and foods that are more dry where as i prefer rice and foods that are mild spicy? would that mean I would have to go to my mothers to eat all the time?
no you sit and talk to her about it..im sure that you will overcome the culture clash in no time....inshaAllah...just keep at it dont make lil excuses...but i can understand why because although they seem smal they are of some worry to some

chacha_jalebi
04-27-2006, 07:53 PM
spot on hatshee sista!! :)

Mawaddah
04-27-2006, 07:55 PM
My father is From the Bahamas, and my mother is from Malaysia.........Two countries half the world apart from each other. They met each other whilst on Hajj in Madinah and they got married a few months later.
Sure they had all the cultural differences, but they never made it into a big deal.
About language? My mom speaks to us in Malay and my Dad speaks to us in English and they both speak to each other in English, so we grew up speaking English and Malay....and now even my dad can speak some Malay ;D

Cooking? My mom just learnt how to cook Bahamian foods alongside teaching my dad to get accustomed to the Malay spicy food.

Looks? Well......my siblings have all sorts of looks ;D I look completely Malaysian, light skin, almond shaped eyes etc etc. My Brothers lean more towards the western side.....but my parents have never made a fuss about that, we're their children after all right?

In laws? My father just learnt how to adapt to some of the family customs, and my mom did the same with her inlaws, and they got along great (my mothers parents are deceased now )....in fact my dads parents say that my mom is their best daughter in law masha'allah.

And Culture? Like the Sis said......we just combine both cultures together, but then we just put Islam first and Islam breaks any barrier that culture may present.

But.....even now, once in a while they have their little differences, my mother may understand something in a whole different way than my dad, and it's because of the way she was brought up and all......but it never causes much of a problem.
They get along great Masha'allah and are going to be married for 20 years this year coming ;)

So yeah Bro Hafizmo........those reasons you gave can all easily be overstepped and overlooked :)

extinction
04-27-2006, 07:56 PM
well Allah gave us our forefinger and index one for a reason..lolol im joking..ignore it backbiting is haram so it lies upon their heads
these things eat away at a person mentally regardless how much you ignore them plus the closer they are to you in relation the more it hurts and my wife would subdued to such attacks as well
why dont you cook then?
I plan to be a pharmacist so how practical is that?
i think you should be more concerned that youre kids are healthy and happy and say alhamdulilah
of course...
sit down and resolve the problem worrying about it wont make it better you'll just get grey hairs!!
resolving the problem? sometimes its these things that end up breaking up your marriage...and they take a long long time to resolve and in most cases the grudge is still there
OUR (yours and hers) kids you mean and hey make sure you integrate both cultures....
they would be around her more I think in the learning years as a man earning for the house I would be outside during the daylight hours..its very common to see kids who speak only english and/or their mothers language
how about you offer to teach her your language and you hers?
fat chance she would be able to pick it up would take ages and probably will not be possible with a schedule that I would have
hey teach your kids both languages then!!
again it sounds easy to say but not very easy in reality

seeker_of_ilm
04-27-2006, 07:59 PM

Well From my experience...the Asian Community talks too much. Why would you make choices in order to appease a community? Surely your only concern should be if it is accepted in the eyes of Allah?

About the cooking, well you might not like the food of someone the same race as you, as different people (even of the same culture) tend to have different cooking styles, Food as a factor can easily be surpassed.

Also...even if your kids were (insert race here) looking...so? Surely you'd prefer pious kids with good morals, regardless of how they look....

Well again, there is no guarentee that your parents would get along even if you were both of the same race, its another factor, that would just have to be worked at.

Languages and Culture, well surely the kids can learn both, but more important then culture...they should learn islam.

Again, if your cultures are different, Islam surely can hand you more in common then any differences?

Apologies if my answer sucked

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 08:01 PM
these things eat away at a person mentally regardless how much you ignore them plus the closer they are to you in relation the more it hurts and my wife would subdued to such attacks as well
I plan to be a pharmacist so how practical is that? of course...
resolving the problem? sometimes its these things that end up breaking up your marriage...and they take a long long time to resolve and in most cases the grudge is still therethey would be around her more I think in the learning years as a man earning for the house I would be outside during the daylight hours..its very common to see kids who speak only english and/or their mothers languagefat chance she would be able to pick it up would take ages and probably will not be possible with a schedule that I would have again it sounds easy to say but not very easy in reality
i will get back to you on that...gotta get back to my eng lit essay!!! :w:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 08:06 PM

aah, but wat IF you like her despite all that ;)

extinction
04-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Well From my experience...the Asian Community talks too much. Why would you make choices in order to appease a community? Surely your only concern should be if it is accepted in the eyes of Allah?
very true but like I said if its your relatives disapproval it will make me a social outcast amongst my own blood I CANT live with that...or maybe they might accept it up-front but I would know that they are whispering behind closed doors...Allahs approval of course is there...people dont matter but in this day and age and my weak imaan the pleasure of my family is important to me also
About the cooking, well you might not like the food of someone the same race as you, as different people (even of the same culture) tend to have different cooking styles, Food as a factor can easily be surpassed.
for you maybe for me a good meal(s) is a must....i am very picky on what I eat I dont plan on eating microwavable meals or potatos the rest of my life(no discrimination to any race intended)
Also...even if your kids were (insert race here) looking...so? Surely you'd prefer pious kids with good morals, regardless of how they look....
ditto...but I would like my kid to resemble me in some way (thats just me)cause imagine you have guests over and you introducing and you are white in skin color(which I am) and you say this is my kid Abdullah(for e.g.) and the kid is like black? then??(but thats just my thinking)
Well again, there is no guarentee that your parents would get along even if you were both of the same race, its another factor, that would just have to be worked at.
It is a damning factor which has to be sorted out cause if one party isnt happy then prepare for an emotional roller-coaster
anguages and Culture, well surely the kids can learn both, but more important then culture...they should learn islam.
not really I disagree if I am not around much to speak with them through their infancy how else are they going to pick it up
Again, if your cultures are different, Islam surely can hand you more in common then any differences?
from the 17 years that I have walked this earth asian and white marriages have almost all the time ended up in bitter marriages or divorces

Silver Pearl
04-27-2006, 08:14 PM
what would my extended family say what would the asians say behind my back ?
They most probably would say many things but why should that concern you? Would you do something for the sake of them or your lord? Surely if Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) made it lawful you should not care what anyone says. They will be held accountable for gossiping

what if I dont like her cooking?
Take-away and you can teach her the foods you like....If your wife gave you all you wanted what will you ask for in jannah?

what if my kids are black/chinese/hindu looking? could i live with that?
They would turn out gorgeous, I know this kid who is japanese/asian/black and he is the most gorgeous kid I have laid eyes on mashallah, just gorgeous.

what if her parents dont get along with mine?
Then you can cause peace, show them the true manners in Islam.

what if my kids prefer her culture to mine?
So? Culture is not going to get anyone to jannah....ma fee mushkeela. You should be worried about their piety not whether they like reading about Luther King or Gandhi.

what if she has that 'smell' someone mentioned earlier....
What? This is just getting ridiculous brother….

what if she doesnt like me speaking my language with my kids and wants english only..
Obviously you’ll get to know her and discuss this; you make it sound like blind date. Come on, your prejudice views are unjustified as of yet.

or what if my kids only learn the mothers language and not mine?
Again will hell freeze over? I think not….is your mother tongue going to escort your kids to heaven?

could I live with that?
Yes

what if her culture is waaay different than mine and the two of us cant adapt to each other?
huh? if you live in the UK then you're used to that culture and her too thus there will be no complication apart odd things.

e.g she likes breads and foods that are more dry where as i prefer rice and foods that are mild spicy? would that mean I would have to go to my mothers to eat all the time?
No it'd mean you'd have to teach her.....sabrun jameel akh.

Personally one's ethnicity does not bother me.....i'll marry who ever so long as they are muslim. That is good enough for me.....I'm not racist alhamdulillah...

:wasalamex

Mawaddah
04-27-2006, 08:18 PM
^ the way you put things Is so simple sis. I think I have a living example that different cultures together can get along perfectly : My parents ;)

nurul3eyn
04-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Subhana'allah bro dnt ever rely on what "IFs" bro if u dont wanna marry some1 other than from ur tribe its OK,,,but just dnt say "wat if this what if that" u know......After all Allah knows best and who u will end up with...so start gettin use to blackz eh they might be ur future in-LAWZ shakalala (just kidding dont wanna give u a heart attack)

well i would love to marry som1 with a good heart and a good muslim i dnt mind All Races are welcome in my family be it for marriage or anyfing else,,,so i guess i dnt mind marrying some1 from different race :) so long he is a good MUSLIM....

May Allah guide us and keep our souls righteous ones till hereafter and purify our intentions...
Ameen

extinction
04-27-2006, 08:19 PM
^^ to the post by silver pearl I dont live in UK secondly most marriages nowadays are like blind dates as for not going to Jannah and Allah pleasure you have it all right! maa fee mushkeela are you crazy its the most mushkil thing having your own kids speaking to you in english(sorry but i find that very insulting) hey dad how are you dad!! grr as for the smell ..ridiculous as it may be it exists!! theres more but im getting tired typing away

extinction
04-27-2006, 08:21 PM
I would marry some races ....but not all

seeker_of_ilm
04-27-2006, 08:22 PM

I'd say I have to disagree with the last bit you said about most Asian/White marriages ending in divorce. In my experience they have worked, and many of them have ended up way happier then some married couples of the same race.

I suppose at the end of the day, its all on the two individuals to make it work. Theres no 2 people the same on this world. A chinese Muslim and a Ghanain muslim could be way more compatible then 2 Indians from the same Village! A lot relies on the individuals themselves rather then culture as a whole

But I personally think inter-racial marriage is an awesome thing

Inshallah we will all find compatible partners

Mawaddah
04-27-2006, 08:23 PM
You mind me asking which races you would marry Bro? :? And why would you marry some and not the other?

( Ok I have the same issue but I just want to know your reason if you dont mind :D )

I'm asking because you said your son talking to you in English would be insulting. If you married a into a different race, maybe your kids wouldn't speak English but some other language nevertheless right?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I'd say I have to disagree with the last bit you said about most Asian/White marriages ending in divorce. In my experience they have worked, and many of them have ended up way happier then some married couples of the same race.

i have seen an asian-white marriage which has caused blood-ties to severe. I say if such things happen and u kno there likely why do it? Also the mother complains that she cant speak to her son-in-law and they hav nothing in common. The in-laws hav nothing in common at all!

this is a serious problem i must say.

Ameen to the dua!

extinction
04-27-2006, 08:27 PM
erm well I would marry a hispanic mainly cause i can speak spanish ...I wouldnt mind an arab as both my parents and me can speak arabic...i wouldnt mind a pakistani...as I can speak urdu and the cultures arent too different umm a bengali? well some factors would say yes some would say no...a black girl? umm i dont think so.... a chinese girl? maybe.... a white girl as in american or british? umm no....

Mawaddah
04-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Oh I see.......

Well......I know no one asked my about my choice or anything but I speak Arabic fluently and I know their culture and all and I still dont think I could marry an Arab. I guess it's because I lived amongst them and even though some of them study Islam and all of that.......there's still this mentality ingrained into them in which women are like second class to them. I dont know, it's just I've lived amongst them and plenty things just put me off terribly

The same thing goes with ermm.....Pakistani's, Or maybe I should say Indian also (shame on me, My grandads Indian :-[ ) Some of their ways I just really really dont think I can live with and it just really puts me off.
But I get along with them just great in every day life, it's just the thought of me having the live the rest of my life with a person of that kind which makes me shudder......

Aaaaaaahhhh but what we're trying to say now, is it racism or not? I'd say it just isn't our choice and we're not saying it in a mean way or anything.........it's just not our choice!! :p

Muezzin
04-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Race really isn't an issue for me. As far as spouses go, if she's Muslim, it's all good. We all come in different shapes and sizes. It's not racist to point out 'hey, I'm brown', or 'hey, he's black', but it is racist to discriminate on that basis. I mean, Allah created different ethnicities so that we could recognise each other.

Mainul_Islam
04-28-2006, 12:21 AM
i am very racist... i only like the human race above all!

extinction
04-28-2006, 12:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam
i am very racist... i only like the human race above all!
haha good answer...I'm the same...but of course I have some lines with the race

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 12:35 AM
haha good answer...I'm the same...but of course I have some lines with the race
racism is innate...people might say theyre not but i think that most people are and its hard not be...like there are times when one will say something and it is racist simple as no other way of putting it...i dont wanna give examples in case i offend anyone...but it really is an innate thing but its just about how you condition it as there are two sides of the scale

extinction
04-28-2006, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
racism is innate...people might say theyre not but i think that most people are and its hard not be...like there are times when one will say something and it is racist simple as no other way of putting it...i dont wanna give examples in case i offend anyone...but it really is an innate thing but its just about how you condition it as there are two sides of the scale
and thats exactly what this thread is about...like that one line which most people have would that line be racism?

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 12:44 AM
and thats exactly what this thread is about...like that one line which most people have would that line be racism?
well it really depends how others perceive it...i dont know its not all black and white you see

north_malaysian
04-28-2006, 01:41 AM
I cant be racist because I'm sooooo mixed. But prefer to be called as MAlaysian rather than Malay.

In Malaysia, under Federal Constitution - a 'Malay' is:

1) Malaysian citizen
2) Muslim
3) Speak Malay Language as First Language
4) Adhered to Malay customs (which including any Islamic culture)

Many ex-Buddhists, ex-Hindus, ex-Christians recognized as Malays after converting to Islam.

Helena
04-28-2006, 08:34 AM

the matter is ppl eventually forget wot they are! erm.........from one nation, one ummah, at the end we are all muslims.........its the fact that we as a muslim divide our self according to our ethnicity.....here all the problems are created......... we jus cannot except we are muslims...we say...oh ur bengali....ur pakistani...indian....arab......white......were jus labelling each other.

discrimination is absolutley against islam....we shud just except it....

about spouse thing....i seriously dnt mind who i get married to...as long his a muslim......practising......
but for my parents wud be a big issue...... u have to marry a bengali person....coz in this society ppl eventually start backchatting...try to ruin ur life.....marriages break....coz da saytan is still in u.....we shud be defending ourselves from him.....

its after all a cultural approach...not a islamic.........even we are muslims...bt still we see each ethnic group differently.......we divide ourself.......

Helena
04-28-2006, 08:35 AM
erm well I would marry a hispanic mainly cause i can speak spanish ...I wouldnt mind an arab as both my parents and me can speak arabic...i wouldnt mind a pakistani...as I can speak urdu and the cultures arent too different umm a bengali? well some factors would say yes some would say no...a black girl? umm i dont think so.... a chinese girl? maybe.... a white girl as in american or british? umm no....

hafizmo.....a quest to u....bengalis...y wud some say no...and some say yes? jus answer it inshalah!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-28-2006, 08:38 AM
^ sad but tru, we are bound to divide, wud b kool if i ended up marryin a non-bengali tho lol that'd show them haha ;D, but no tru mu'min wud feel right hurtin there mum :)

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 08:40 AM
im as racist as a monkey...the bananas just cant be green they gotta be yellow [BANANA]eek!!! help me!![/BANANA]

root
04-28-2006, 08:41 AM
I am no racist, I have three coloured TV's :-)

SirZubair
04-28-2006, 08:41 AM
I used to be racist,majorly,back in the days.

I had a problem with Asians (as in Japs,chinesse,..etc),and Blacks. (whats the PC term these days?)

These days,i get along with people who ARENT Indians better than i get along with Indians,....even though i am indian.lol.

Its all a matter of making an effort and accepting that Every humanbeing is a creation of allah s.w.t,..Black,White,Yellow,...
Iraqi,Iranian,American,Indian,Paki,Somalian.....
muslim,hindu,christian,jew..

...Just make dua for them (the non-muslims) that they find the Right Path before they pass onto the afterlife.

Ameen.

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 08:43 AM
...Just make dua for them (the non-muslims) that they find the Right Path before they pass onto the afterlife.
but thats just it...its not only non muslims who racist....in fact i find that racism is more stronger in the muslim community....

syilla
04-28-2006, 08:44 AM
to think about it... well maybe a little...

but i'll try my best not being one.

SirZubair
04-28-2006, 08:48 AM
but thats just it...its not only non muslims who racist....in fact i find that racism is more stronger in the muslim community....
Sorry,i didnt explain myself properly.
I wasnt implying that sis.

I was trying to say,..We shouldnt dislike Non-muslims,..(as well as not disliking people of different backgrounds,..colours..),..but we should make dua for the non muslims,that they find islam in their hearts,someday,somehow.

As for muslims being racist,tell me something i dont know.

A christian says something bad about a muslim,Muslims burn down building,kill journalists etc.
..a muslim says something bad about a non-muslim,.."Its ok,allah s.w.t will protect me"

Allah s.w.t doesnt protect the unjust.

Sorry to break the sad news to you,brothers and sisters.

But yeah,fact of life,Allah is on the side of those who are Just.

Live with it.

Sis786
04-28-2006, 08:51 AM
I wouldnt say im racist i get on with all people and i dont judge my colour but sometimes you can be racist and not know that you are. Like in my area a majority of robberies are committed by Black people its a known fact here and so if im cautious around Black people here does that make me Racist.

Or White people here are known to be Racist so me being akward around them does that make ME too a Racist!

I think there is a very thin line, But Alhamdillah i have a mix of friends and this togther with my Deen has opened my heart!

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 08:54 AM
i mean ive got friends from a whole lotta races...great for potential hols abroad!! lool erm im not fussed about skin colour, apart from comparing the non existent tans that we have with my friends....but hey its only PIGMENT....everything else is the same...

Sis786
04-28-2006, 09:13 AM
i mean ive got friends from a whole lotta races...great for potential hols abroad!! lool erm im not fussed about skin colour, apart from comparing the non existent tans that we have with my friends....but hey its only PIGMENT....everything else is the same...
I aint racist sis but there is a difference between races. I mean if we talking as a Ummah then yes the ONLY difference is the colour of our skin which IS pigment.

But generally thier is a major difference. Like im now Asian, then im Pakistani and this makes the way i talk and look and act different to other Asians such as Chinese and Hindu's.

Society has made us like this and culture and identity has added to it. I mean many black people talk in a certain way, listen to Reggae and Hip Hop thats thier identity and Asian people dress in clothes that have that asian twist listen to music that contects them to thier culture.

Its only in the Ummah that we unite as one and its a shame that even now in the Ummah there are soo much sects!

S_87
04-28-2006, 09:45 AM

living within a indian community i think i can say indians cimplain a lot about racism but are v v v racist especially when it comes to colour of skin even within their own people check out a few indians. another indian dark skinned walks by. youll here look she is 'karee' (black) ...Astaghfirullah.
indian shops sell face whitening cream because many base beauty with being white :rolleyes:

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

living within a indian community i think i can say indians cimplain a lot about racism but are v v v racist especially when it comes to colour of skin even within their own people check out a few indians. another indian dark skinned walks by. youll here look she is 'karee' (black) ...Astaghfirullah.
indian shops sell face whitening cream because many base beauty with being white :rolleyes:
oooh i know sis!! it kills me i see so many somali women who bleach themselves..grrr i dont get it...white people wanna be brown and brown people wanna be white..hellooooo just be happy!!! gosh....its haram as well you know as well as really really dangerous....i know this because someone i know bleached herself looads and her son came out with white patches!! the selfishness of people...grr well annoying......its like oooh youre fair so youre beautiful....hello everyones beautiful in their own way...i thank Allah that He gave me good health and that i am able bodied...seriously though people get a grip!!

Sis786
04-28-2006, 09:54 AM
oooh i know sis!! it kills me i see so many somali women who bleach themselves..grrr i dont get it...white people wanna be brown and brown people wanna be white..hellooooo just be happy!!! gosh....its haram as well you know as well as really really dangerous....i know this because someone i know bleached herself looads and her son came out with white patches!! the selfishness of people...grr well annoying......its like oooh youre fair so youre beautiful....hello everyones beautiful in their own way...i thank Allah that He gave me good health and that i am able bodied...seriously though people get a grip!!
[MOUSE]I hear ya girl![/MOUSE]

mizan_aliashraf
04-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Salam
I don't know - i don't think i can say i am but i don't think i can say i'm not (if that makes any sense)
Obviously its not you who can say for yourself that you're not racist. Its how other people interpret your views.
Wassalam

Abdullah4ever
04-28-2006, 10:46 AM

people are only ranked by their piety not colour

Mawaddah
04-28-2006, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

OMG :lol: That almost killed me ;D ;D

Yeah what is it with them? in Malaysia when I used to live there before there used to be alot of Indians (dark skinned ) around my area and I guess alotta them used the w hitening cream cause their faces would be bright and their necks brown ;D it was soooooooooo weird
And another thing I used to hate so much, was the TV commercials advertising the brightening creams.......ugh...it was SO SICK :rant: like they would show this dark skinned indian girl who went for a job interview, and they wouldn't accept her cause she was 'dark' and then she goes home and picks up a bottle of that whitening cream and bleaches herself and then she goes back and the company accepts her.........what kinda stupidness is that???

It's the same with the Arabs though, the white Arabs discriminate against the dark skinned ones, I can never forget the time when I went to a friends wedding, and she was beautiful masha'allah and later on I heard a woman say " Huh...waste of time I came...she was so ugly...that dark skin " :offended:

But as long as people dont know how to be gratefulwith Allahs creation and to appreciate Allah's creation, that shallow mindness will always be there........But it's only pigment for goodness sakes!! :D

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm not racist at ALL. I would marry anyone, actually I wouldn't even care if my husband was GREEN! Serious! I would let my children (if i get married and have kids one day insha-Allah) marry anyone from any culture. I have no racism in me AT ALL. I don't stereotype, as I wouldn't like to be stereotyped myself. Racism is haraam, and bro... u do seem a bit racist! So you'd marry a white girl and not a black girl? Why is that then? I think people should take a look at the last sermon. 'and a white man is not superior to a black man.....'!
People may think, yeah right, you must be a little racist! But truly i'm not, i hate tribalism, which is in the somali culture. I think it's so dumb. It seems like people will find anything to be racist about. Well that's about i from me.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 10:55 AM
I would marry some races ....but not all
I think that's worse than sticking to your own kind!:heated:

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 11:03 AM
mashAllah, hafizmo you are a very honest person, always stay that way inshaAllah bro :).

as for racism lol, u made me think bro!!!! :p, i dont think i care about what or who i marry, i have all sorts of friends (black/white/yellow/brown/red/pink/blue etc). Like sis het sed, s'all about deen :)

too bad my parents want strictly asian/bengali/muslimah/hanafi/female...!!!!!!! so i gess there kinda racist :p
Lol hanafi? That's weird:p.
My parents wanted me to marry a somali person, from the same tribe as me first. But with alot of talking and alot of time, i convinced them that doesn't matter. And now my dad just cares that he is a good Muslim, and that he will respect me and will be able to provide for me. I think that's fair!:D

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
Lol hanafi? That's weird:p.
My parents wanted me to marry a somali person, from the same tribe as me first. But with alot of talking and alot of time, i convinced them that doesn't matter. And now my dad just cares that he is a good Muslim, and that he will respect me and will be able to provide for me. I think that's fair!:D
my momma just wants a son in law whose a good muslim....she actually feels sorry for my potential hubby..muhaha!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 11:06 AM
sis why does it say asia asia asia under ur user name?:p

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 11:10 AM
sis why does it say asia asia asia under ur user name?:p
sis looool my name....you know....must i say more...looloool..lets just say when i typed my name into google images thats what i got :D

Qurratul Ayn
04-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Inshallah Ta'ala I am not rascist but I have had rascist comments with my Hijab on and without! I mean these people are such LOSERS, that they just care about their own colour and society.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

P.S. I hope no one here in this Forum are rascist!

S_87
04-28-2006, 12:14 PM

Yeah what is it with them? in Malaysia when I used to live there before there used to be alot of Indians (dark skinned ) around my area and I guess alotta them used the w hitening cream cause their faces would be bright and their necks brown ;D it was soooooooooo weird
:D

omg that not even funny but :lol: :lol: :lol: thats rolling ;D ;D ;D

Halima
04-28-2006, 12:21 PM

Subhanallah some very funny stories here..as this thread progresses, we are kinda missing the main idea.

The brother is is talking about the different cultures that differ and how he would not be able to be accumstomed to it well. It's not solely about skin color.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 12:39 PM
I know sis, racism is not just about skin colour. Racism can come in many forms. Even when people are from the same country, speak the same launaguge, are the same colour, and the share the same religion, they can still find something to be racist about! Subhan-Allah! I hate racism!!!!!!!!:heated::grumbling:

seeker_of_ilm
04-28-2006, 03:50 PM

Racism in my eyes is despicable. I have many accounts of racism, to me, and seeing it done to others, and it makes my blood boil every time.

One of the major problems with disunity in the muslim ummah is just the fact that people will only marry their own kind. In my opinion one of the best ways for cultures to come together is inter-racial marriages, as then they will see past race and culture...and see a muslim....one of their own.

People have to remember that Islam is the only important factor, and it is the only factor by which we shall be judged, not the colour of our skin, or the language we spoke.

DOWN WITH RACISM!

Starseeker
04-28-2006, 03:55 PM
One of my frinds is pakistani and her dad doesn't like black people so every time we had a RE or Citizenship lesson he would come and take her out because the teacher was black. I dont see the point really coz 70% of the school is black anyway.

I dont see the point of racism really and im totally against it.

syilla
04-28-2006, 03:57 PM
racist is not just racist about the skin colour rite? or maybe i'm wrong

j4763
04-28-2006, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
racist is not just racist about the skin colour rite? or maybe i'm wrong
Its soley based on the colour of ones skin.

*noor
04-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Oh I see.......

Well......I know no one asked my about my choice or anything but I speak Arabic fluently and I know their culture and all and I still dont think I could marry an Arab. I guess it's because I lived amongst them and even though some of them study Islam and all of that.......there's still this mentality ingrained into them in which women are like second class to them. I dont know, it's just I've lived amongst them and plenty things just put me off terribly

:p
Arab men treat women like second class??? :offended: REally??:? :?

Can you please enlighten me on that because i don't know what you are talking about

IbnAbdulHakim
04-28-2006, 04:06 PM
i think X MAZ X aka Maz No.2 has already cleared up the matter in her post were she stated that we were all made into nations and tribes so that we may recognise each other not dispute amongst one another. Therefore every trible or nation should get along with each other. Personal feelings are braught up from personal experiences, if u feel a little racist its because you have seen the negative side of something, well theres two sides to every coin and every1 is equal.

hope that clears up the matter!

j4763
04-28-2006, 04:13 PM
I think I may be classed as a racist. I wouldn’t think I would ever marry a non-white person because I find them the most attractive, not saying that I think one race is more attractive than another but it’s just my personal preference.
Just like I find girls with dark hair and dark eyes more attractive (does that make me “racist” against blue-eyed blonds?).

When driving and someone cuts me up I will say to myself like f*@king “what ever race they are” tosser” or something like that. If they have ginger hair I will call them a ginger so and so (even though my future wife is a ginge).

Now I am only saying them things in a fit of rage and applying the first insult one could having no knowledge of the person.

Does this make me racist even though some of my best pals have been black and Middle Eastern?

Mawaddah
04-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Arab men treat women like second class??? :offended: REally??:? :?

Can you please enlighten me on that because i don't know what you are talking about

Aaah Sis.......maybe I shouldn't have generalized like that, I'm sure it's not all of them, but from my 5 years of living with them, thats what I see most of the time and it just unnerved me that's all.......:heated:

*noor
04-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Aaah Sis.......maybe I shouldn't have generalized like that, I'm sure it's not all of them, but from my 5 years of living with them, thats what I see most of the time and it just unnerved me that's all.......:heated:

thats in every single race.......not only Arabs. There are many Arab men who understand that women are equitable to them. And i know of many Arab men who follow Islam properly and understand the way taht Allah wants them to treat women......one person being my father.

Mawaddah
04-28-2006, 04:43 PM
thats in every single race.......not only Arabs. There are many Arab men who understand that women are equitable to them. And i know of many Arab men who follow Islam properly and understand the way taht Allah wants them to treat women......one person being my father.

Sis I hope you didnt' get offended, if you did I"m sorry, like I said, I shouldn't have generalized because I know not all of them are like that. I also know of many good Arab men masha'allah but I'm just relating to you from what I experienced Ukhti...........Allahu A'lam. Not that I have anything against 'ARabs' Our Prophet was an Arab masha'allah, but I will just have to think twice before Marrying one. I wont rule it out completely though because you never know how your future spouse will be innit ;)

AGain I hope no offence was taken sis

*noor
04-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Sis I hope you didnt' get offended, if you did I"m sorry, like I said, I shouldn't have generalized because I know not all of them are like that. I also know of many good Arab men masha'allah but I'm just relating to you from what I experienced Ukhti...........Allahu A'lam. Not that I have anything against 'ARabs' Our Prophet was an Arab masha'allah, but I will just have to think twice before Marrying one. I wont rule it out completely though because you never know how your future spouse will be innit ;)

AGain I hope no offence was taken sis

no harm done......just wanted to clear it up. :)

wafa islam
04-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Asalamu alaykum wa rahma 'Tullahi wa barakatoh,
Bismillah, wa alaa barakah 'Tillah

I personally like all people regardless of skin colour and culture.
It is important to respect people from all ethnic groups.
However, as Muslims we must respesct all Muslims, not only Muslims from our culture.

Allah subhana wa ta'alaa said in the glorious Quraan (sorat Al-Hujururaat):

Innamaa Al-Mo'minoona Ikhwah, fa aslihoo beyna akhawaykum wattaq 'Ullah la'allakum torhamoon.

The believers are nothing other than brothers. Therefore make peace between your brethren and observe your duty to God that perhaps you main obtain mercy.
(Ayah 9)

Allah subhana wa ta'alaa also said in the same soorah:

Yaa Ayyoha An-Naaso innaa khalaqnaa kom min thakarin wa onthaa wa ja'alnaa kom sho'oban wa qabaaila lita'aarafoo, inna akrama kom 'inda Allahi atqaa kom, inna Allaha 'aaleem un khabeer.

Oh people! Lo! We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that you may know one another. Lo! The noblest of you, in the sight of God, is the best in conduct. Lo! God is knower, Aware.

SubhanAllah!
Allah created all humans. We are all equal, but it is understandable that you like your people, or are comfortable with your people more than others.

If you want to marry a person from your "folks" and not "strangers", that makes you not a racist.

A racist is a person who visualizes that other people are worthless because of their ethnical belonging.

Wa salaamu alaykum wa rahma 'Tullahi wa barakatoh.

julie sarri
04-28-2006, 05:15 PM
:sl: i married an algerian man 10 years ago and my family are all english and white when i frist saw him i looked at him and not the colour of his skin skin colour never came in to it well it did to my famliy allah(swt) is the best at colouring no matter what colour we are we all came from allah and adam this is the problems of today instead of uniteing we drift apart i have even had remarks not nice ones from other muslims saying look at that english hijabie we need to help each other but what do we do we try and stay in our own groups english muslims with english muslims arabs with arabs algerian with algerian and so on and this happens in the masjid some muslims are leth standing on ther own in the corner of the masjid but no one wants to come out of ther groups and welcome them its sad that this happens i will smile at eney muslimah in the street no matter what colour even if she dont smile back or say salam that just the way i feel:w:

nurul3eyn
04-28-2006, 08:47 PM
well when u say "black girl" what do u mean?
do u mean african-american
or all africans which includes some arabs (coz some of them are from africa e.g Egypt etc) coz they r some arabs who r black,,some indians too...
so which is which?

when u say black...do u mean the skin colour or the whole african race?

just curious ;D

SirZubair
04-29-2006, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever

people are only ranked by their piety not colour
Spoken like a true genius.

Allhumdulilah. You are a brother i love to love.

Muezzin
04-29-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurul3eyn
well when u say "black girl" what do u mean?
do u mean african-american
or all africans which includes some arabs (coz some of them are from africa e.g Egypt etc) coz they r some arabs who r black,,some indians too...
so which is which?

when u say black...do u mean the skin colour or the whole african race?

just curious ;D
There are white Africans too. Though they're really Dutch, originally.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-29-2006, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
I think I may be classed as a racist. I wouldn’t think I would ever marry a non-white person because I find them the most attractive
wow really, im the opposite :) :p

neway im sure if u found someone non-white who fits ur specifications u wud consider the marriage :p

seeker_of_ilm
04-29-2006, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
There are white Africans too. Though they're really Dutch, originally.
There are also Berber Africans in Countries like Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco. They have been living in Africa for many years, though I don't know where they originate

muzna
04-29-2006, 01:45 PM
i think i'm racist to an extent..i have a problem with people from a certain nation.cant take them..wallahi...anybody else..i'm FINE with...

muzna
04-29-2006, 01:46 PM
oh..and i cant handle the country either...

scentsofjannah
04-29-2006, 02:39 PM
I am fair-skinned in color and I am asian and have no problems with black people at all I even eat with black people sometimes at the mosque one of my best friends is black I even invite some black friends over to my house....however I don't think I would ever marry a black women ever ...why because she is black? People will give other reasons and say thats harsh and racist but is it? Ok for those of you that are not black and will marry a black person would you let you younger sister or would you let your daughter marry a black person?

Racism: The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others...do i believe this? no hence i'm not racist and neither are you people because you know that belief is contrary to our Islamic beliefs.I don't think any devout muslim believes their race is superior to others.Devout muslims can never be racist , it's an abhorrent thing.

Prejudice: An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.
A preconceived preference or idea

Many people are 'prejudiced' and that comes about when you 'pre-judge' people without knowing anything about them. Brother hafizmo when u say you think you'll never marry a black/darkskinned woman, you seem to think that they are unattractive when in fact there are beautiful people in every race and unattractive people in every race..you can see a totally unattractive white person and come across a totally beautiful nonwhite person be they africans..indians...mexicans..etc..white doesnt automatically mean = goodlooking, beautiful, handsome..etc.. and here lies the problem..

Let me give you an example, I remember saying ages ago in my ignorant old days(when i was a teen) i'll never marry a chinese or southeastasian person ..untill i saw really goodlooking men from china, japan and malaysia..really amazing! then i came to the realisation that i was prejudiced and i can say now that i can marry any man of whatever ethnicity as long has his looks are pleasing and he has a good character and is devout and pious and kind and educated etc. I absolutely have no problem with people who have certain preferences, this is not haraam as long as you don't discriminate, but when people say they will never be able to marry a black person i think this is because they equate blackness/darkness with unattractiveness.

format_quote Originally Posted by muzna
i think i'm racist to an extent..i have a problem with people from a certain nation.cant take them..wallahi...anybody else..i'm FINE with...
My Dear Sister, as Muslims we know we shouldnt generalise because unfortunatedly we know that currently we are victims of this generalisations by nonmuslims.No Muslim should ever be racist ..devout muslims CANNOT be racist..but most people are prejudiced and thats usually because they havent met people different to themselves or they know next to nothing about their cultures etc..so Sis if u have met people who seemed bad dont attribute it to their race..rather on the greatest disease of all IGNORANCE..and please brothers and sisters do not lump everyone in the same bag..its wrong and it's haraam.:)::w: :sister:

beliefindeath
04-29-2006, 02:42 PM
I decided to start this thread mainly because I don't think I am racist but then again I thought very very carefully about it and I think I am racist to some extent and I think nearly everyone is racist to some extent. Am I causing you to get frustrated and do I hear you protesting thats just absurd and unheard of and that you dont care and you aren't racist...well face it people we have some things we simply will not do with some people of other races I will start by giving examples to explain where I am coming from...I am fair-skinned in color and I am asian and have no problems with black people at all I even eat with black people sometimes at the mosque one of my best friends is black I even invite some black friends over to my house....however I don't think I would ever marry a black women ever ...why because she is black? People will give other reasons and say thats harsh and racist but is it? Ok for those of you that are not black and will marry a black person would you let you younger sister or would you let your daughter marry a black person? Same goes for me and white people I would maybe marry a white person...but I sure know I wouldn't allow my son or daughter to..does that make me racist? So the question is how racist are you? Do you think you are racist?

it can be because of ur society dat u don't find black women attractive. It maybe not a "COOL" thing to do.

Check this link out Anti-Apartheid Wall Campaign
(Israeli Apartheid)

Hijaabi22
04-29-2006, 02:57 PM
[s]im Sooooooooooo Not Racist! Racism Sux Man![/s]

beliefindeath
04-29-2006, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
[s]im Sooooooooooo Not Racist! Racism Sux Man![/s]
i totally agree

Hussein radi
04-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Thier are attractice women from every single race.

*noor
04-29-2006, 03:53 PM
true......but sometimes we're attracted to guys from a particular race.....both men and women

Dawud_uk
04-29-2006, 03:53 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

if you mean as a matter of preference to what you find attractive?
if so there is nothing you can do about that as that is something that is to do with upbringing etc so dont worry over that.

if however you mean you wouldnt marry, not due to looks etc but just because they are black then lets face it we best get you measured up for the white KKK outfit havent we?

i am white, my wife is asian and my friends are black, white, asian and arab, there is only one ummah, not a different one for each shade of people.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

ps...
i aint racist but i make an exception in the case of the french...

Hussein radi
04-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I dont like white people. I studied thier history and its horrable. Whites have killed every single race out thier, just becuase of thier looks. Where i growed up at saudi arabia, blacks are considered to be arabs. i didnt even know that they were from a different race, i just thought they were arabs. I am mixed half white and half arab, but still i hate whites.

Hussein radi
04-29-2006, 04:22 PM
hey Dawud do your kids look 100 percent asians or half white half asians. i know thats asians have the dominate traits.

j4763
04-29-2006, 04:36 PM
wow really, im the opposite :) :p

neway im sure if u found someone non-white who fits ur specifications u wud consider the marriage :p
Im sure i would.

ummAbdillah
04-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Salaam,
I think that this thread is really interesting manshallah :)
And am glad that no one here is a racist. :D
i don't think that i am racist because i don't judge people
because of their skin colour.. allahu a'alam
Believers are brothers and sisters
i would marry anyone as long as they have taqwah :)
allah knows best :)
wa salaam

afriend
04-29-2006, 05:26 PM
I think not everybody is racist....BUT!!!!

Many people still do get the feeling of e.g. I'm from this this place....So usually they see themselves superior to another tribe/nation etc.

You get the point.....

ummAbdillah
04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Many people still do get the feeling of e.g. I'm from this this place....So usually they see themselves superior to another tribe/nation etc.
yeah manshallah true say bro.

Syed Nizam
04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
it's interesting to see all of your postings in this thread... but i do have one question to asked. I supposed that the greatest achievement in Islam after the Tawheed (ie the Monotheism of God) is the `BROTHERHOOD' of mankind (alas i'm wrong here!). That is, atleast in theory. But, sadly, i dont really see it in the muslim community in the world today?

Our beloved prophet (pbuh) says in his last sermon:
.....All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belogs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not therefore do injustice to yourselves. Remember one day you will meet Allah and answer your deeds. So beware: do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

But then, how come all of us to an extent do have some sort of prejudice not only among ourselves but also to the non-muslim as well? Isn't this is equivalent of being racists?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
^ akhee its hard for a human to be perfect. The prejudice to be removed requires the soul to be clean right, every black dot removed! inshaAllah workin on it but right now i really dont think i am racist towards any group but i cud b wrong :?

Protected_Diamond
04-30-2006, 06:13 PM

I think everyone has negative Prejudice thoughts towards people, it's natural! :rollseyes

sis_fisabil'Allah
04-30-2006, 06:55 PM
i am black nd arab so obviously i am nt racist 2 ne of those 2 ethnicities bt neither am i racist 2 an asian or a chinese or nething which is diffirent from me. i wud marry a brother based on his iman nd his practice, i wud b lying if i said i dnt have anyother prefrences in a spouse coz i do bt wen it cums 2 rae Alhamdillah im opened minded. our ummah has gt so much divisons and dis is partly bcoz of racism :heated:

scentsofjannah
04-30-2006, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hussein radi
I dont like white people. I studied thier history and its horrable. Whites have killed every single race out thier, just becuase of thier looks. Where i growed up at saudi arabia, blacks are considered to be arabs. i didnt even know that they were from a different race, i just thought they were arabs. I am mixed half white and half arab, but still i hate whites.
You're right brother..I hate their history of imperialism subjugation ..subhanallah the rape..the plunder the pillaging of the nonwhite people in this world and their wealth and resources it is totally disgusting and they did that solely because they saw themselves as 'superior' ..sadly people think its over..its still continuing these people are ruling us..the UN is in America..the WHO, the different human rights organisations Amnesty (in the UK)..Human rights Watch(USA)..the Aid organisations OXFAM, USAID, the World Monetary fund, World bank etc..the International criminal court(in Holland) the list is endless..the Nobel Prize is handed out to people from Sweden, the knighthoods given to people around the world by the Queen of England..all these institutions are in these countries why can't it be in other nonwhite countries? ?:?

Ghazi
04-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Salaam

Anyone who judges someone on their colour culture is just plain stupid.

muzna
05-01-2006, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I suppose at the end of the day, its all on the two individuals to make it work. Theres no 2 people the same on this world. A chinese Muslim and a Ghanain muslim could be way more compatible then 2 Indians from the same Village! A lot relies on the individuals themselves rather then culture as a whole

But I personally think inter-racial marriage is an awesome thing

i know of lots of srilankan-european marriages that have worked..they arent muslim though...

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 09:18 AM
I think it's so beautiful when people marry outside their race. I've seen half lebanese half japanese, half somali half puerto rican... i even know a girl who has yemenese, italian, ethiopian and somali in her! Subhan-Allah, and the children are SOOOO beautiful! Personally i would never look at a person's colour when considering marriage. If they were really pious, i would fall in love with their iman. Isn't that the most important thing people? The white arabs at the time of the prophet (SAW) did not like to marry blacks, as they saw lightness of skin as superiority. But the prophet (SAW) taught people to free themselves from this ignorant shackle, and to see that piety and taqwa are what really matter! Come on brothers and sisters, would you pass up the opportunity to marry someone from who was VERY pious, just because they come from a certain race? And remember, shaytaan was the first racist! Let's not copy his filthy sunnah.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2006, 09:19 AM
^ agreed, now convince my parents ;)

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Haha... erm... well, keep talking! Or say, MUM I'M NEVER GONNA GET MARRIED UNTIL YOU LET ME MARRY FROM ANY RACE!:p
Then she will get worried for you. Or just do what i did, hold your breath until you pass out!:D

IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2006, 09:25 AM
^ she will say then dont get married followed by a backhand followed by me crying followed by her pointing at me and laughing LOL naa jokin but noway that wud work lol. You really shud see how strict they are about these things. To be honest i tihnk it wud b reeeeaaally interestin to marry from another race.... but too bad cant :anger:

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 09:29 AM
^ she will say then dont get married followed by a backhand followed by me crying followed by her pointing at me and laughing LOL naa jokin but noway that wud work lol. You really shud see how strict they are about these things. To be honest i tihnk it wud b reeeeaaally interestin to marry from another race.... but too bad cant :anger:
Well first of all, make du'a for them. It is Allah that purifies hearts. Second of all, just try your best. If they don't change their mind, and you don't wanna upset them, then just marry within your race. Although you'll be missin out!!:D

IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2006, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'ishah
pakistanis excel in everythin...caus they know how its done
:rollseyes lol mashAllah :)

It is kinda nice marryin ur own people n seein everyone get along though. If i was to marry out of my race then ties wud defo break. i cudnt handle that :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah, i know... sometimes it is easier to marry within your own race, but aslong as my immediate family are ok with it, then i couldn't give a cahoot what any one else thinks. Plus i like to rebel and tick people off:D. Loll nah i'm joking. But i would do anything just to get my principle across!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah, i know... sometimes it is easier to marry within your own race, but aslong as my immediate family are ok with it, then i couldn't give a cahoot what any one else thinks. Plus i like to rebel and tick people off:D. Loll nah i'm joking. But i would do anything just to get my principle across!
sometimes its better to let other people be happy even if there wrong as long as they dont force you to do the wrong. Well thats the way i see it, long as my people are happy why shudnt i be :D

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Because Allah isn't happy with what's going on?:?
I wanna please Allah first and foremost, even if that means i have to go thru some pain.
But u know alot of people won't believe i'm somali. Number, coz apparantly my english is too good, i'm too polite, i'm doing too well in school and i don't hang around with alot of somalis, n my school is like 60% somali:p. Lol, i don't know what to make of that!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Because Allah isn't happy with what's going on?:?
:
sis that really dont make sence? why should Allah not be happy wiv the fact that your tryin to keep people happy BY doing halal? lol seriously now u got me all confused :?

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Lol... well it depends on the situation... but yeah aslong as it is halal..... but ermmm.... yeah dat sounds correct!:?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Lol... well it depends on the situation... but yeah aslong as it is halal..... but ermmm.... yeah dat sounds correct!:?
i've never been so confused b4 :heated: :'( WHAT??

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 09:56 AM
LOL.... i'm sorry, you were right!!!:p

IbnAbdulHakim
05-03-2006, 09:58 AM
LOL.... i'm sorry, you were right!!!:p
lol ok :p ;D

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 10:02 AM
But i am a bit rebellious actually... that's probably because no one takes on board what i say!:heated:
I actually plan to marry outside of my culture, because I think it will help to decrease racism. Each generation is becoming more open-minded as a result of multi-culturalism. I think it's great, and insha-Allah we'll see more inter-cultural marriages and families will become accepting as a result. I know a somali sister who is married to a pakistani brother, and he learnt somali so he could speak to her parents! Awwww masha-Allah that is so sweet!
These marriages can work with a bit of effort!

Shukria
05-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Salaam..
I think da only way to reduce the rascism dat's in evry1's minds and hearts is to have taqwa..I would defi get married to some1 of another race..I'm attracted to other races...

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Good 4 u sis! *applaud* MASHA-ALLAH!;)

Shukria
05-03-2006, 10:33 AM
LOL...Thnx...Ma family got bare people dat r mixed so probably would..N people think dat I got chinese in me coz of ma eyes...LOL

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 10:34 AM
Lol, whats ur ethnic origin sis?
Somalis have a mixture of races goin way back anywayz.... so why shud any somali be racist?:rollseyes.

Shukria
05-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm propa Somalian but was born in Tanzania n ma family is mixed with Italian, Arab and Tanzanian...

Qurratul Ayn
05-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

That is really nice, Sister Shukria! I really like it when families have mixed cultures and backgrounds it just shows that rascism doesn't always affect everyone negatively and if it does then they don't care!

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Wow... that's so cool! I know alot of mixed yemeni n somali ppl. And somalians have arab in them anyway. According to hatshepsut, we emigrated from yemen hundreds of years ago.:?

Muezzin
05-03-2006, 01:28 PM
While all this talk of tribes is interesting, it's straying from the topic which is 'How racist are you', rather than, 'which tribe are you from'

:)

------
05-03-2006, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A'ishah
i am not racist in any way at all
i like all sorts

black peopl excel in comedy....they r hilarious
chinese excel in martial arts....they r cool
arabs excel in money.....they r rich
pakistanis excel in everythin...caus they know how its done
Lol joka here it is ;D

lolwatever
05-04-2006, 09:20 PM
i dont think i'm racist.. i do get annoyed at some aspects in some groups which tend to be generalsied onto some cultures... arabs and their non-sticking to appointments.. and some chinese and the way they operate businesses.. but its more the behaviour in them rather than me hating them as a race.

extinction
05-04-2006, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

hafizmo.....a quest to u....bengalis...y wud some say no...and some say yes? jus answer it inshalah!

some bengalis are dark(no offence to anyone)

cool_jannah
05-04-2006, 10:01 PM

Allah created us in different races and colors and languages so that we may understand the meaning of unity. That is the only reason why we have different races. SubhanAllah it's some deep stuff if you think about it. Imagine if we all were same color, same language and same race...we won't have any concept of unity at all.
Amazing signs of Allah.

Shukria
05-04-2006, 10:02 PM
So bro HafizMo, sounds lyk u got a strict list of wat u want ur wifey to look lyk...

As bro Malcolm X said:
"I am not a racist. I am against every form of racism and segregation, every form of discrimination. I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color."

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-05-2006, 08:37 AM
some bengalis are dark(no offence to anyone)
Sorry, but is that a criteria for marriage bro?:?
I'm assuming you're light, so you think that's attractive?
I know this sis, she's afghani, but she looks more lebanese. She really wants to marry a pious black brother, just to set a standard. What is everyone's problem?:offended:

Muezzin
05-05-2006, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
i dont think i'm racist.. i do get annoyed at some aspects in some groups which tend to be generalsied onto some cultures... [b]arabs and their non-sticking to appointments[b/].. and some chinese and the way they operate businesses.. but its more the behaviour in them rather than me hating them as a race.
That goes for Indians and Pakistanis too! Every time we have guests it's like 'They're coming at three'.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Put on my jimjams and laze about.

Watch the nine o'clock movie.

DING DONG

'Asalaam alaikum, tik tak?'

extinction
05-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I know this sis, she's afghani, but she looks more lebanese. She really wants to marry a pious black brother, just to set a standard. What is everyone's problem?:offended:
Look dont get me wrong I dont treat people darker than me inferior ever ever..but when it comes to something like marriage its a whole different ball game I would want someone close enough to my skin color..(which yes you assumed right is pretty light) this thread isnt to offend anyone but just to see where do you draw the line in race that is if you draw the line if you dont then mashaAllah good for you!!
So bro HafizMo, sounds lyk u got a strict list of wat u want ur wifey to look lyk...
Yes I think I pretty much know but Allah can change the course of anything .......

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-05-2006, 08:45 AM
Quite right i don't, i wouldn't care if he was green!:p
Don't mind the smiley, i'm quite serious.

Muezzin
05-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Hulk smash?

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-05-2006, 08:49 AM
I beg your pardon?:?
But if the hulk was a pious muslim i would marry him!:D

lolwatever
05-05-2006, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
That goes for Indians and Pakistanis too! Every time we have guests it's like 'They're coming at three'.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Put on my jimjams and laze about.

Watch the nine o'clock movie.

DING DONG

'Asalaam alaikum, tik tak?'

lol it's a disease.. alhamdulilah the prophet was an Arab yet he set us a good example.. he made an appointment with another person once and the prophet waited and waited adn waited and the toher fella came like reeeally late and the prophet made a point out of it and said 'o arab brother, u made it hard on me, i would hav waited for you till judgement day if i had to'

newayz... other than that.. yeh race dont matter to me, even as far as marriage is concerned 2 i guess.

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 11:53 AM
im sure its more coz she is suited to him and for Allah then to set the standard :p lol, neways i dont hav a problem will skin color, i jus hav a problem wiv what a persons like, they gtta match me :)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 11:54 AM
lol what if he had lepracy? coz thats the most likely thing if his green :p

lolwatever
05-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Abdul Majid you amaze me, you smell threads that have the most subtle referenc to marriage from a mile lol

do you go searching for 'marriage' in the forum and then jump in lol
hehe enjoy i guess

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
Abdul Majid you amaze me, you smell threads that have the most subtle referenc to marriage from a mile lol

do you go searching for 'marriage' in the forum and then jump in lol
hehe enjoy i guess
:hiding: lol, really u think so? i didnt realise myself lol, now bak to the powers of shaytaan thread :statisfie :statisfie

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-05-2006, 01:25 PM
What... marriage.. shaytaan... what's going on?
And i erm... i dunno if i wud marry a man with lepracy, that takes some next strength!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:29 PM
What... marriage.. shaytaan... what's going on?
And i erm... i dunno if i wud marry a man with lepracy, that takes some next strength!
but ur the mu'minah.,,, U CAN DO IT!!!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Insha-Allah:statisfie.

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 01:32 PM
^ Mu'minah I feel like I want to grab and kiss your little cousin to death everytime I see his pictures Masha'allah ;D ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:34 PM
^ Mu'minah I feel like I want to grab and kiss your little cousin to death everytime I see his pictures Masha'allah ;D ;D
just coz of that i will NEVER post up my nephew, sheesh imagine what u'll wanna do to him :offended: :hiding:

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Edit

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Lol... he's a lil mujahid innit;). I luv him to death... if he was older i'd marry him!;D

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Lol... he's a lil mujahid innit;). I luv him to death... if he was older i'd marry him!;D
:eek: Sheesh keep it in :uuh: lol

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Keep what in? If i keep stuff in there's a danger of exploding.:D

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Keep what in? If i keep stuff in there's a danger of exploding.:D
ok MAN BUSH SUX! I HATE ALL ZIONISTS, I THINK TV IS BAD INFLUENCE< WHY CANT I BURN ALL THE STUDIOS :grumbling

phewwww

Daffodil
05-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Im colour blind, and i think we shud all have this colour blind attitude, ppl who are colour blind are really lucky.

Im not racist at all aint i dawud. I love all different types of food, especialy my mums and husbands. Yep i do have preference to curries but thats just taste buds not racism. my husband dawuds white n i forget hes white sometimes, he cooks the best beef curry mashallah, u sure u not asian huni?

Racism is a disease. its the root of so many evils. I hate racism n whoever is racist will be held accountable for it on the day of judgment.

theres nothing wrong if u have a preference to a certain culture/colour/type/style wateva u wanna call it to the oposite gender, but ud need to ask ur self why?

I love all colours if my kids wanted to marry a chinese or somalian or arab or wateva then it wudnt even be an issue. ppl are ppl, we all have the same organs, the same colour blood, we all have hands n feet n eyes n nose etc etc, its not like we're aliens that we gross eachother out.

Language is only a barrier if u let it become one. Thats something that can be dealt with, my mother tongue is kutchi ok so my dads mum cant communicate with my husband because she only knows how to say hello n bye etc, but so what, most human comunication is through body language any way. i dnt know my lang hardly so i can hardly expect my kids n husband to be fluent in speaking it.

racism is an illness and like every illness there is a cure n that cure is found in islam Subhanallah.

i say we all marry into different colours so that in a few hundred years every one will be brown yay.

p.s theres a bit of black bashing going off here, remember the prophet muhammed saws mate billal ra was black mashallah. we have asian n white n in between in our family, inshallah i hope to have some black connections so wen my little boys about 15 ill let u all know so we can sort him out a black bride lol. then we can work on the chinese/japanese etc etc.

May Allah swt remove our pride n ignorance from our hearts and let us be united ameen.

Devoted
05-05-2006, 06:34 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Im colour blind, and i think we shud all have this colour blind attitude, ppl who are colour blind are really lucky.

Im not racist at all aint i dawud. I love all different types of food, especialy my mums and husbands. Yep i do have preference to curries but thats just taste buds not racism. my husband dawuds white n i forget hes white sometimes, he cooks the best beef curry mashallah, u sure u not asian huni?

Racism is a disease. its the root of so many evils. I hate racism n whoever is racist will be held accountable for it on the day of judgment.

theres nothing wrong if u have a preference to a certain culture/colour/type/style wateva u wanna call it to the oposite gender, but ud need to ask ur self why?

I love all colours if my kids wanted to marry a chinese or somalian or arab or wateva then it wudnt even be an issue. ppl are ppl, we all have the same organs, the same colour blood, we all have hands n feet n eyes n nose etc etc, its not like we're aliens that we gross eachother out.

Language is only a barrier if u let it become one. Thats something that can be dealt with, my mother tongue is kutchi ok so my dads mum cant communicate with my husband because she only knows how to say hello n bye etc, but so what, most human comunication is through body language any way. i dnt know my lang hardly so i can hardly expect my kids n husband to be fluent in speaking it.

racism is an illness and like every illness there is a cure n that cure is found in islam Subhanallah.

i say we all marry into different colours so that in a few hundred years every one will be brown yay.

p.s theres a bit of black bashing going off here, remember the prophet muhammed saws mate billal ra was black mashallah. we have asian n white n in between in our family, inshallah i hope to have some black connections so wen my little boys about 15 ill let u all know so we can sort him out a black bride lol. then we can work on the chinese/japanese etc etc.

May Allah swt remove our pride n ignorance from our hearts and let us be united ameen.
MASHALLAHThat was really beautiful said sis:happy:

I couldn't have said it any better, I totally agree.

In one specific instance Prophet Mohammed peace be upon him spoke about race related problems rampant in Arabia in the pre-Islamic days.

[PIE]"All human kind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, and a non-Arab has no superiority over an Arab. A white person has no superiority over a black person, and a black person has no superiority over a white person, except by piety and righteous actions." [/PIE]

[PIE]"And mankind is naught but a single nation."
Holy Quran 2:213[/PIE]

[PIE]"Say: We believe
In God, and in what
Has been revealed to us
And what was revealed
To Abraham, Isma'il(Ishmael);
Isaac, Jacob, and the tribes,
And in (the Books)
Given to Moses, Jesus,
And the Prophets,
>From their Lord:
We make no distinction
Between one and another
Among them and to God do we
Bow our will( in Islam)."
Holy Quran 3:84[/PIE]

*KB*
05-06-2006, 10:37 AM
guilty but true i am predujice to sum racist white people i don't b racist 4 no reason i am racist if some1 iz racist 2 me.
fair point u gotta say!
*KB*
:rose:
:peace:
:coolious:

Ghazi
05-06-2006, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
guilty but true i am predujice to sum racist white people i don't b racist 4 no reason i am racist if some1 iz racist 2 me.
fair point u gotta say!
*KB*
:peace:
Salaam

Thats wrong sis, that makes you just as bad as them.

x Maz x
05-06-2006, 11:49 AM
^ Forgive me for saying anythign wrong *KB* but i got to aggree with the brother...'two wrongs dont make a right' and it prooves a sign of hipocracy within yourself if you fall into such a trap Allah knows best ...WalaykumAsalaam x

cihad
05-06-2006, 03:46 PM
i'm not racist but i do differentiate btwn the different races.
its like you cant really go up to a black person and ask him how to eat with chopsticks and you can't go up to a chinese person and ask him about 'umgeni' coz he'd be like huh? (youre also probably going huh?)

just remember you don't have to be racist!

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Yes sis, we ARE like 'huh'.:p

IbnAbdulHakim
05-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Yes sis, we ARE like 'huh'.:p
^ lol i understand perfectly wat ur sayin sis rahi, u wudnt stuff some1 ovaweight and u wudnt starve sum1 skinny LOL well theres logic and wisdom behind those words, think bout it ;)

extinction
05-08-2006, 11:34 AM
two wrongs dont make a right'
3 rights make a left

*KB*
05-08-2006, 12:07 PM
sorry 4 the bad but i don't say it back i said i was prejudice so i keep it 2 myself not say 2 others
*KB*

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Lol sis, what is ur ethnic origin?
And hafizmo... that was so random!;D

Maarya
05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
i don't think i' racist. i think that it doesn't matter what the colour of the skin is - it's what's inside that matters.
my mum says that all humans are the same - if a black man, white man, asian man, any man cuts themselves the same thing will come pouring out - blood.

Hajar
05-08-2006, 04:51 PM

Nope me no racist :)

strider
05-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Alhamdullilah, i don't discriminate against people based on their race. I think the younger generation are more accepting of difference then the older generation who seem to be more stuck in their ways and resistance to change. Although i personally do not have a problem with others who are not of the same race as me, but i know many people, some who are extremely close to me who believe that people should 'stick to their own'-- which i think is a racist comment in itself even if they don't/wouldn't actively bar those different to themselves from their homes.

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.