/* */

PDA

View Full Version : have any addiction? like to share........and how can we and i stop it.....

Helena
04-27-2006, 07:51 PM
:sl:

another thread for u all......am jus curious...am sure everybody has a paticular addiction to something.....if not....i will be darn suprised......

Soo let me hear all da stories.....get it all out...hope we can try solve the matter...and guide each other somehow inshalah.....

let me start.....moi......jus into scarfs....or maybe not.....weneva i go out.....have to buy a scarf...anytype any design......jus need to get it.....my mums pretty like me......i think i got it frm her....:rollseyes :rollseyes

i knw its very awful....so i jus need help frm u all...hw can i overcome this matter?

and am also...into bags, jilbaabs, cardigans, jackets, and def shoes.......something that i cannot stop.........:rollseyes

again i knw its terrible...........need help.... and i dnt even wrk...which makes it worse.....

inshalah we all can help each other........ so let hear ur story...and try to solve mine inshalah.....

forgot to mention.....into buying nasheeds...........and def books and am addicted to this forum!!!!

:w: :happy:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*noor
04-27-2006, 07:54 PM
this probably sounds odd, but i think i am addicted to dark chocolate.

Helena
04-27-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
this probably sounds odd, but i think i am addicted to dark chocolate.

dark chocs...not weird.........am sure we all diff taste! but interesting.....

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 08:08 PM
i think im addicted to this forum :heated:

im also addicted to that ice cream van, cant wait 4 it to come round again :D :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Syed Hussain
04-27-2006, 08:15 PM
ASW
nah im addicted to shoes. i can only wear shoes and buy shoes. i hate trainers WALLAHI.
i have to buy shoes nearly annually or monthly or everytime im down
yuk, trainesrs. SHOES r d BEST
ASW

Mawaddah
04-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Me?
I have an addiction for silver jewellery :D everytime I see a silver store I have to go inside and buy something..........In the past 2 months alone I have spent over 200 dollars just buying little silver trinkets :( and then I say to myself........what a waste of money *sigh*

And I have an addiction to ready.........though is that an addiction? ;D I stop to read everything, if I'm walking in town and I pass a bookstore I have to stand there and read every single title and when i'm at home I'm constantly searching for something to read. Put it short, anything with words on it I'll pounce on it :D

Nawal89
04-27-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm addicted to a somebody. Cant get enough of them. :hmm: :hmm: :-\

Omer21
04-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Cars! have 5 of them don't ask me why!!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 08:44 PM
^
sell four and give them to the pooooor

LOL IT RHYMES, ITS A SIGN!!!!

Farhiya
04-27-2006, 08:57 PM

I am addicted to the computer, im always on it at school, and then when I come home I go on it right away. Help me:heated:

:w:

extinction
04-27-2006, 08:58 PM
i have loads of addictions silver stuff like flashy watches rings..mobile phones trendy stuff pool..computer..islamicboard loads

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 09:00 PM
^

now i say Alhamdullilah for my few addictions :)

afriend
04-27-2006, 09:04 PM
I have only 1 bad addiction, ok maybe 2......no.1=CHOCOLATES :heated:

no.2 LI :p

Al-Hanbali
04-27-2006, 09:04 PM
im addicted to my computer........ after skool i straight away and log on

IbnAbdulHakim
04-27-2006, 09:09 PM
^ mashAllah only one addiction, easy to work thru. Its all about readin Quran and salaah which reminds me eisha :)

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 09:10 PM
im addicted to one thing *sniff sniff* loooolooool im joking...dont shoot me *sniff sniff* if you dont get this joke...good for you..if you do *looks worried*

afriend
04-27-2006, 09:11 PM
AHHHH!!!!

Druggy Druggy!!! CALL THE COPS

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
AHHHH!!!!

Druggy Druggy!!! CALL THE COPS
you got the joke *looks very very shocked!!*

extinction
04-27-2006, 09:19 PM
yeah what else do you sniff and thats addictive...how do we say my name is blank and say hello to my little friend.......get that then you can understand the sniff sniff joke

*noor
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
lolz!!!

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
yeah what else do you sniff and thats addictive...how do we say my name is blank and say hello to my little friend.......get that then you can understand the sniff sniff joke
me thinks thats a american sniff sniff joke....hmmm

oooooooh i think i just got it oooooooooooh

seeker_of_ilm
04-27-2006, 09:21 PM

Whats wrong with sniffing powdered substances? I used to sniff sherbert powder when I was younger.....Never quite moved onto the heavy stuff like crack

extinction
04-27-2006, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
me thinks thats a american sniff sniff joke....hmmm
no its actually quite universal and has to do with a cuban individual played by al pacino....any more clues and sis i will personally ask you to fall off your chair:rollseyes

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 09:24 PM
no its actually quite universal and has to do with a cuban individual played by al pacino....any more clues and sis i will personally ask you to fall off your chair:rollseyes
looooool just for that comment i fell off!!! hahaha!!!

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Whats wrong with sniffing powdered substances? I used to sniff sherbert powder when I was younger.....Never quite moved onto the heavy stuff like crack

EDITED!! im not saying anything!!

extinction
04-27-2006, 09:27 PM
come on people would love to hear about how you cnt live without _____?

Al-Hanbali
Alhumdulillah the recitation of the Quran is also another addiction.......every moment i get i recite by the will of allah(SWT)

seeker_of_ilm
EDITED!! im not saying anything!!
Huh?
:?

aamirsaab
04-27-2006, 09:28 PM
3 things
1) the last 5 posts have all been off-topic
2) Something like this was posted before
3) that thread got locked because we shouldn't be confessing our sins to other people.

extinction
04-27-2006, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
3 things
1) the last 5 posts have all been off-topic
2) Something like this was posted before
3) that thread got locked because we shouldn't be confessing our sins to other people.
no one was confessing their sins? addictions like computer or playing pool?:rollseyes as for off-topic you are right and inshallah will be avoided ....

Sister_6038
04-27-2006, 09:32 PM
its something called....BLANK...muhahaha..yes its an addiction...muhaha

Muslimaatan
04-27-2006, 09:40 PM
i can't think of anything...i do stuff everyday..but can stop em..so can't reallyy say addicted..i used 2 be addicted 2 da inernet last year..i used 2 be on soooooooo much!! da first thing i do wen i wake up is go on, go 2 sleep maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad late...but at da end of the year it got messed up, and didn't fix it, so i got over it....and had a loong summer, so 4got all about computerz...

Muslimaatan
04-27-2006, 09:42 PM
ohhh waaaaaaaaiiit..now i know wat im addicted 2..icecream!! i even eat it wen its SNOWIN outside!! lolzz..i can live on it!! thats all i ate 2day too...itz soo cool..lolz

~*~Serene~*~
04-27-2006, 10:02 PM
i'm addict to the internet.

Helena
04-28-2006, 08:09 AM

wow........diff types of addiction......had fun reading it..........so how can we solve the matter? have any ideas inshalah? and see am adicted to this forum....am up soo early..........

syilla
04-28-2006, 08:16 AM
i'm addicted to islamic board....

i'm working now here please... do not let me open islamic board...
hmm... let me see if i only have a peak of the topics...
*sigh ... now i'm stuck

IbnAbdulHakim
04-28-2006, 08:28 AM
^ understand that completely :thumbs_up

Helena
04-28-2006, 08:38 AM

guys u ignoring moi......only joking

come on some views or list....how to stop our addictions?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-28-2006, 08:39 AM
stop doin what ur doin :thumbs_up <---- wicked way 2 stop!!!!

:sl: ;D

Helena
04-28-2006, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
stop doin what ur doin :thumbs_up <---- wicked way 2 stop!!!!

:sl: ;D

jazaks for that....but still hard to get away from it........but am trying.....somehow i stay away from pashak mahal and da other hijaab shop.....

if i go oxford street....i completely.....out of my hand......

SirZubair
04-28-2006, 08:43 AM
I had many drug-related addictions,...does that count? Heck,i lived in sin for nearly an entire decade.I can hardly remember anything thats happened over the past 5-10 years....

Cure - Not rehab,..Not counceling,..Not friends,..No family.

..Islam.

The answer to everything.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-28-2006, 08:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

jazaks for that....but still hard to get away from it........but am trying.....somehow i stay away from pashak mahal and da othes hijaab shop.....

leave ur money at home and resist stealing or mugging any1 ;) ;D ;D

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 08:45 AM

jazaks for that....but still hard to get away from it........but am trying.....somehow i stay away from pashak mahal and da othes hijaab shop.....

oh sis i advice you to stay away from turkey morcco egypt or any of those kind of places cos theyre FULL OF HIJABS!!! hijabs make me go maaad...im a nutter seriously....who needs jewels not me...i just want hijabs woohoo....

IbnAbdulHakim
04-28-2006, 08:46 AM
oh sis i advice you to stay away from turkey morcco egypt or any of those kind of places cos theyre FULL OF HIJABS!!! hijabs make me go maaad...im a nutter seriously....who needs jewels not me...i just want hijabs woohoo....
also follow the advise i gave to sis helena my shoppin crazed sister :)

syilla
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
if you have extras and you don't want to wear any of it anymore... you can send it some to me...hehehe...(i'm sure the fashion there is very nice and so much different here in malaysia)

or maybe sadaqah (i'm not sure about the spelling but in malay is sedekah), then maybe your addictions are not really addiction... it'll be good for others.

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
loolool all my hijabs are gifts :statisfie well most of them so dont have to spend on them....grrr i hate shopping anyways...how the hell do women spend hours and hours walking around...they only end up buying the first thing they brought...i think women should only be allowed into three shops and no more and they should have a time limit..anti feminism here i come...woohooo!!

Helena
04-28-2006, 08:55 AM

i am shopping crazed....mmmmmm......i agree......but leaving card......which i'll try...but if my mum is wid me..........i'll be mugging her.....lol........

the thing is ppl neva give me scarfs for my b'day....really annoying......thats the thing i prefer..........in advance they go.....u've got soo many.......ders noooo point giving it to u.........

Also i like giving scarfs as prezzie.......everybody loves it...i think...

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 08:56 AM
yeah true say hey sis i'll give ya loooads of hijabs ...not for you bday...i dont do bdays...but just for being yoohoo!!!!

Helena
04-28-2006, 09:10 AM
yeah true say hey sis i'll give ya loooads of hijabs ...not for you bday...i dont do bdays...but just for being yoohoo!!!!

u will seriulsy..........i'll be waiting.....where shall i meet u???

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 09:11 AM

u will seriulsy..........i'll be waiting.....where shall i meet u???

yeh why not? seriously....im gonna get you some nice hijabs lovely gorgeous ones....:D:D:D inshaAllah...deffo sis!!

------
04-28-2006, 09:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Farhiya

I am addicted to the computer, im always on it at school, and then when I come home I go on it right away. Help me:heated:

Same here :heated:

Helena
04-28-2006, 09:16 AM
yeh why not? seriously....im gonna get you some nice hijabs lovely gorgeous ones....:D:D:D inshaAllah...deffo sis!!

only kidding...........jazaks for da offer sis.............

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 10:49 AM

only kidding...........jazaks for da offer sis.............

nope problemo *goes to hand out hijabs....im not saying who to though*

IbnAbdulHakim
04-28-2006, 10:53 AM
^ some for my sisters wud b nice ;)

Sister_6038
04-28-2006, 10:57 AM
^ some for my sisters wud b nice ;)
:D:D:D

Re.TiReD
04-28-2006, 02:25 PM
:sl: i'm a text addict....i text too much!! right now im at the library and ma fones vibrated about ten times already!! lol :heated: i simply go everywhere with my fone....but not the toilet since 2 of my fones have fallen down itt...:embarrass but i dont know how to stop the addiction!!! lol :w:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-28-2006, 02:52 PM
^ stop doin what ur doin to stop the addiction inshaAllah, cud it b sed simpler? :p

Re.TiReD
04-28-2006, 02:58 PM
haha!!! einstien!!!! is that spelt ryt?? lol good one anyway! :sister:

Hamba Allah
04-28-2006, 03:04 PM
My fellow muslims, my addiction is very weird indeed. Well I don't even know if it is an addiction. You see, I am addicted to try smoking but havn't smoke yet. I want to try and go buy a pack of cigarette every time I see cigarette in the shop but my heart is 50-50. I'm not a smoker yet but this feeling of trying to smoke has eaten me up. Help please?

IbnAbdulHakim
04-28-2006, 03:06 PM
^ no benefit can come from smoking. It is against islam, realise that you could be doing that which displeases Allah when you have that desire to smoke, is it worth displeasing Allah and pleasing the shaytaan who wants you to ruin ur body? Think bout it dear akhee :)

Duhaa
04-28-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
I had many drug-related addictions,...does that count? Heck,i lived in sin for nearly an entire decade.I can hardly remember anything thats happened over the past 5-10 years....

..Islam.

Alhamdulillah.
To all you addicts follow this bros advice and turn to Islaam.
..............ok, ok I know you're Muslims but think about time and its value.
LOL
*Has anybody got some chocolate*
Guess my addiction. ;D

*noor
04-28-2006, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair

..Islam.

I like the way you said that :)

Sis786
04-28-2006, 03:11 PM
I buy loads of clothes inc scarves and my husband cant stop changing his phone ...and oh yeah i have to always jump when i get to the last 2 steps of any building and OH YEAH i keep on adopting Donkeys ...

syilla
04-28-2006, 03:15 PM
y not give the hijab to me...

hhehe.. just kidding...

got so many at home... rite now i'm having a problem of keeping it (too many of them dunno where to keep)

Sis786
04-28-2006, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
y not give the hijab to me...

hhehe.. just kidding...

got so many at home... rite now i'm having a problem of keeping it (too many of them dunno where to keep)
:rollseyes are you taking advantage of my obsession ....:uhwhat ;D

syilla
04-28-2006, 03:22 PM
y don't we exchange...

hijap from malaysia and from your place...

:-)

Mawaddah
04-28-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm guessing Hijabs from Malaysia are pretty much the same as everywhere else now :p

The ones I see in K.L. are the Sheila's......alot of them....and thats the same all over the place, but maybe the designs are a bit different but they can all be found in Malaysia

I have a ton of them in my closet too but I dont hardly even wear them since I wear Niqaab........so I make some of them (the thin flimsy ones ) into belts ;D ;D

A(SMILE ITS ME)
04-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Slaam
My Addiction Is A Crisps
And This Forum

A(SMILE ITS ME)
04-28-2006, 04:45 PM
No Solution Too Either!!!!!!

zircon
04-28-2006, 09:08 PM
internet addiction!! ahhhhhhhhh.. help! lol. i'm addicted to chatting with friends i know.. even with my bestfriend at school. its a waste of time. talking at school, at home, plus.. chatting again! like non-stop talking duhh

*noor
04-28-2006, 09:11 PM
im addicted to dark chocolate, the internet, and dancing

afriend
04-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Dancing??? Uh oh..........What have you done.......Oh Allah no!!!!

Expect WWIII!

*noor
04-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Dancing??? Uh oh..........What have you done.......Oh Allah no!!!!

Expect WWIII!
bad habit......i know but im trying to stop:hiding: :hiding:

afriend
04-28-2006, 09:20 PM
LOL.....

Well, i heard it was good for the body....I see no problem in it if it is done away from people....If you get what I mean....

*noor
04-28-2006, 09:25 PM
of course......i do it in my own house sometimes with my sister.......i dont dance in front of guys or anything
but the problem is the music that i need so that i could dance to.

afriend
04-28-2006, 09:28 PM
You could listen to nasheeds.......Ok maybe not....But drums are allowed in Islam....

*noor
04-28-2006, 09:28 PM
yeah.....drums are actually the best for dancing anyways

afriend
04-28-2006, 09:31 PM
I have a bad habit of losing track of time while being on the net......I hav tonnes of revision to be doing...as well as esha....:( :mad:

*noor
04-28-2006, 09:32 PM
I have a bad habit of losing track of time while being on the net......I hav tonnes of revision to be doing...as well as esha....:( :mad:
then u better get going

afriend
04-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Esha comes at late night.........I like to do the whole of the 1st juz in my esha...I've been getting nice dreams lately after I started doin that...So I will read near the time of Tahajjud...But as for revision.......I have dont too much today.......I can't stand it any more...:'(....But I should go......But this is my bad habit :p

Yanal
01-25-2009, 12:24 AM
I know this is a old thread but I have a coke/pepsi addiction. Also to add with that I have a not praying addiction.

Questfortruth
01-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Sugarcane

Questfortruth
01-25-2009, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
I know this is a old thread but I have a coke/pepsi addiction. Also to add with that I have a not praying addiction.
Ewww I hate all kinds of pops. You don't have addiction just no motivation.

Yanal
01-25-2009, 12:49 AM
So what shall i do?

Questfortruth
01-25-2009, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
So what shall i do?

Self-Discipline
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...lf-discipline/

Will Power
http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_000006.htm

Positive Thinking
http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_00003a.htm

Motivation
http://ezinearticles.com/?7-Tips-For...ccess&id=22111

Read this and tell me if you see any change Insh'Allah

MO783
01-26-2009, 02:31 PM

I am addicted to something but I can really say as im abit scared people will laugh at me

:-[

Faseeha
01-26-2009, 05:27 PM
My biggest addiction would be.........

Chocolate!

lots and lots of it.

Questfortruth
01-27-2009, 02:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim
My biggest addiction would be.........

Chocolate!

lots and lots of it.
Thats odd! I am not sure how old you are. But my sister is addicted to chocolate too she is 20 mash'allah. I find it interesting how people can be addicted to chocolate in such age?

Stasis_Lock
01-27-2009, 04:00 AM
Salaams. I am addicted to Cigarettes, masturbation, over eating, and most importantly MUSIC. I know I'm a horrible person. I DO want to quit these things and focus more on a spiritual lifestyle, preferably a Muslim one. I would like to see how long I can go without these addictions and even overcome them and never do them again. I have always wanted to fast Ramadan but end up drinking some water or taking a bite of turkey (especially during Thanksgiving). I consider myself a moderate muslim, No I have never been to Masjid or Mosque( though I'd love to) No one has taught me to make salah, but that is no excuse for me not to I know. All I know is I believe that there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad(Pbuh) is his prophet. I can't begin to explain how the Qur'an has changed my life and is continuing to do so. I would love to meet/make some friends on this forum board. Allah bless and keep you all. ameen.

Faseeha
01-27-2009, 07:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Questfortruth
Thats odd! I am not sure how old you are. But my sister is addicted to chocolate too she is 20 mash'allah. I find it interesting how people can be addicted to chocolate in such age?
I'm the same age as your sister, as for the chocolate addiction, I don't think it has anything to do with age.

BoredAgnostic
01-27-2009, 07:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Helena

another thread for u all......am jus curious...am sure everybody has a paticular addiction to something.....if not....i will be darn suprised......

Soo let me hear all da stories.....get it all out...hope we can try solve the matter...and guide each other somehow inshalah.....

let me start.....moi......jus into scarfs....or maybe not.....weneva i go out.....have to buy a scarf...anytype any design......jus need to get it.....my mums pretty like me......i think i got it frm her....:rollseyes :rollseyes

i knw its very awful....so i jus need help frm u all...hw can i overcome this matter?

and am also...into bags, jilbaabs, cardigans, jackets, and def shoes.......something that i cannot stop.........:rollseyes

again i knw its terrible...........need help.... and i dnt even wrk...which makes it worse.....

inshalah we all can help each other........ so let hear ur story...and try to solve mine inshalah.....

forgot to mention.....into buying nasheeds...........and def books and am addicted to this forum!!!!

1. I'm extremely addicted to the internet (i.e., looking at forums, chatting, surfing)
  2. I'm addicted to smoking, particularly black and milds.
  3. I have an incredible sweet tooth. I love candy.

:exhausted

alcurad
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
reading & anime-,
I don't want to stop:)

MO783
01-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Im addicted to something babyish,

Inshallah cant wait to get married then I think everything will go away

imsad

Questfortruth
01-27-2009, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Stasis_Lock
Salaams. I am addicted to Cigarettes, masturbation, over eating, and most importantly MUSIC. I know I'm a horrible person. I DO want to quit these things and focus more on a spiritual lifestyle, preferably a Muslim one. I would like to see how long I can go without these addictions and even overcome them and never do them again. I have always wanted to fast Ramadan but end up drinking some water or taking a bite of turkey (especially during Thanksgiving). I consider myself a moderate muslim, No I have never been to Masjid or Mosque( though I'd love to) No one has taught me to make salah, but that is no excuse for me not to I know. All I know is I believe that there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad(Pbuh) is his prophet. I can't begin to explain how the Qur'an has changed my life and is continuing to do so. I would love to meet/make some friends on this forum board. Allah bless and keep you all. ameen.
The addictions you say you have could be result of depression. Are you depressed? You need to have strong willpower in order overcome your addictions. Remeber life is to precious to be wasted on such garbage. Take care of yourself and read more books. For now you can stop over eating and start eating healty. Stop masturbating thats just disgusting and waste of enormous time. Smoking you can give up over time. Music should not be to hard to give. Now that you have so much free time because you gave up your addictions. How about you put it to good use and start practising Islam and get knowledge.

Questfortruth
01-27-2009, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim
I'm the same age as your sister, as for the chocolate addiction, I don't think it has anything to do with age.
Well, when we were young it is harder to control ourself. We had very little self-control. But once we grow up we mature and learn to control ourself better. So I assume chocolate which can make us overweight and give us health problems we can give it up.

Re.TiReD
01-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm addicted to the smell of my wooden jewellery box. Its intoxicating. I'm strange. The end.

Faith.
01-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Chocoholic
Guilty as charged!:D

Ansariyah
01-28-2009, 10:43 AM
The smell of Babies...My sis gave birth to a new baby girl (Allahu Akbar), being around her has become my new obsession. lol

White chocolate coated Oreo Cookies.

That's all for now!

Danah
01-28-2009, 10:51 AM
I am addicted to Internet
and in a dire need to help, do you have any ideas to stop it??

Re.TiReD
01-28-2009, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
I am addicted to Internet
and in a dire need to help, do you have any ideas to stop it??
Tool box > Hammer > Smash :D

Or failing that, logout :p

Ooorr change ur pass to something random, copy and paste it into the box where it says to retype and then you'll never know it. Done :D

Danah
01-28-2009, 12:27 PM
^ lol effective way :D

I will just have a new a laptop and solve the password issue, so give me something else :(

Re.TiReD
01-28-2009, 12:29 PM
^ lol effective way :D

I will just have a new a laptop and solve the password issue, so give me something else :(
Umm....erm.....ummm go do summin else? :-[

Babysit?

Dhikr?

erm study?

And if u have nobody to babysit pleaseeeee take my siblings :exhausted :p

Danah
01-28-2009, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Wadud
Umm....erm.....ummm go do summin else? :-[

Babysit?
sometimes I stay with my niece but not always...and only for one hour or so

Dhikr?
I do

erm study?
Dont mention it, I am enough :blind:

And if u have nobody to babysit pleaseeeee take my siblings :exhausted :p
no thanks :D I already have my nieces and nephews :exhausted

I need something like instructions to reduce my time spent on internet :)

Re.TiReD
01-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Sis I have no instructions but its important to note that Kullu nafsin dhaa'iqatul mawt. We're all gonna die one day and we wanna make the most of our time spent in this sijn of a dunya :exhausted

Read the following insha'Allah it may inspire you.

Collected in the abridged version of al-Khatib al-Baghdadi's 'Iqtida' al-'Ilm al-'Amal' (p. 43-47), in the chapter titled 'Rushing to Deeds Before One's Youth and Health Disappear':

1 - Ghunaym bin Qays said:

"We would be admonished in the early days of Islam:

'O son of Adam! Act during your free time before you become busy, and during your youth before your old age, and during your health before your sickness, and during your stay in this world before the Hereafter, and during your life before your death.'"

2 - Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Masruq at-Tusi said:

"I recited to Mahmud bin al-Hasan:

Utilize your youth before it becomes spoiled * And the health of your body before it becomes sick;

And the days of your life before you die * For the one who lives will not live long;

And utilize your free time * Let your nights be spent in some work;

And put something forth, as every man is travelling towards * That which he has put forth...

3 - 'Abdullah bin al-Mubarak said:

Take advantage of two rak'at to bring you closer to Allah * If you happen to be relaxing;

And if you intend to speak a vain word * Replace it with a tasbih...

4 - Abu Muhammad Mansur bin Muhammad bin 'Abdullah al-Azdi chanted to himself:

Do not belittle an hour that can help you * In which you extend your hand in obedience;

As the living will die, and hopes are a deception * And the affair passes by hour by hour...

5 - Abu 'Abdillah Ahmad bin Ayyub chanted to himself:

In your free time, take advantage of the virtue of bowing in prayer * It might be that your death comes suddenly;

How many healthy ones have you seen without disease * Whose healthy selves disappeared and escaped them...

6 - Abu al-Walid Sulayman bin Khalaf bin Sa'd al-Andalusi chanted to himself:

If I knew for certain * That my entire life would last an hour;

Why would I be cheap with it * And not dedicate it to righteousness and obedience?

7 - Some of the scholars said:

"A group of people invited a man for some food on an extremely hot day. So, he said: "I am fasting."

They said: "On a day like this?!"

He said: "Do you want me to waste my days?""

8 - Abu Bakr bin Abi ad-Dunya said:

"A group of people invited a man for some food. So, he said: "I am fasting."

They said: "Break your fast today, and fast tomorrow."

He said: "And who will be there for me tomorrow?""

9 - 'Abdullah bin al-Mu'taz said:

"Seize the opportunity today, and do not wait for tomorrow, as there is nobody to guarantee tomorrow for you."

10 - One of Dawud at-Ta'i's brothers said to him:

"O Abu Sulayman! You know the kinship between us. So, advise me!"

So, his eyes began to water, and he said: "My brother! Indeed, the night and day are stages that the people pass through - one stage at a time - until they reach the end of their journey. So, if you are able to put forth for every day some provision for each stage, do so. And if your journey is cut short, prepare for your journey what you can, and fulfill what you are able of this affair, because it is as if its end will catch you by surprise. I do not know anyone who is more wasteful in this affair than I am."

He then got up and left."

11 - 'Umar bin Muhammad bin Ahmad recited:

You are in a state of heedlessness and false hope * You do now know when your end will come;

Do not be deceived by good health * For it is from the most painful of flaws;

Every soul has for its day * An awakening to cut off its incessant hope;

So, do that which is good and exert yourself * Before you are unable to do anything...

12 - 'Abdullah bin Muhammad al-Ash'ari al-Madini recited:

If yesterday you fell into a mistake * Then find some good to perform while you are thankful;

And do not delay a good deed from today to tomorrow * Tomorrow might arrive while you are deprived;

Because if you take care of today, it will benefit you * And days gone by will never return...

Danah
01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
jazaki allah khair sister for that.....its really inspiring

my problem is that instead of reading normal books, I prefer reading them from Internet.....mainly I try to make my internet time as beneficial as I can.
but I know that internet is not good to make it in my priority list....but what to do, it cant help :(

nocturnal
01-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Valium, and caffeine.

Re.TiReD
01-28-2009, 04:27 PM
jazaki allah khair sister for that.....its really inspiring

my problem is that instead of reading normal books, I prefer reading them from Internet.....mainly I try to make my internet time as beneficial as I can.
but I know that internet is not good to make it in my priority list....but what to do, it cant help :(
Print ur stuff out instead?

I hate reading infront of the PC personally....it generally sucks and kills the eyes :p

Fטлку
01-31-2009, 07:10 AM
Y!A and TMZ! :P

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.