/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Belgium Justice puts the blame on Muslims!

sardab
04-28-2006, 06:18 AM
Belgium-Muslim s-Crime /WRD Brussels Imam denounce killing of Belgian youth
Brussels, April 21, IRNA

The Imam (prayer leader) at Brussels Islamic Centre Friday condemned as a 'heinous crime' the killing of a Belgian youth by killers believed to be of North African descent.

Addressing the large gathering of worshipers, the Imam in his Friday sermon said robbery and murder were grave sins in Islam and noted that it was the religious duty of Muslims to contribute to maintain peace and security in the country in which they live.

17-year-old Joe Van Holsbeeck was stabbed to death in the Brussels Central Railway Station last week, for refusing to hand in an mp3 player.

The killing at one of Brussels busiest train station and at day time has shocked the Belgian society.

The Imam urged Muslim families to pay careful attention to the upbringing of their children in accordance with the true teachings of Islam.

"The people who know who the killers are, should not remain silent and reveal their identity," Nordine Taouil of the Antwerp Mosque was quoted saying by the local media.

Brussels police have released video images of the killers.

The Saudi-funded Islamic Centre of Brussels is the biggest mosque in Belgium and the only Muslim worship house to be recognized officially by the state.

An estimated 400,000 Muslims, a majority of them from North African states like Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria, live in Belgium.

Well, it later turned out that the murderers were not Muslims but of Polish origin.

But, WHY ARE MUSLIMS ARE SO READY TO ACCEPT ANY ACCUSATION AGAINST THEMSELVES!!! ARE WE SO PUNY???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
04-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Salaam,

In light of this,you can see in that way or in another..

We can say that this reinforces the need for the muslim in that country to awaken and live thier life menaigfully.

the Imam is sayin do not take silence as a guard but rahter take step to be outwardly and protect and serve justice as Islam teaches.

If the indignation you feel is rampant amongst the people there or in your community then do dierect your resentment into a positive channel.

As the Imam say,Bring up your children and your friends and lvoed one in an Islamic way...

knuckles
04-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Ummm where did it mention Muslims? They said the thought the guys were of North African descent. There are others in North Africa than Muslims.

Sis786
04-28-2006, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by knuckles
Ummm where did it mention Muslims? They said the thought the guys were of North African descent. There are others in North Africa than Muslims.
Always merry and sweet as usual aint ya Knuckles :okay:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
knuckles
04-28-2006, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Always merry and sweet as usual aint ya Knuckles :okay:
Just pointing out that they were implying more than the article was saying

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Killing a guy for an mp3 player? Yikes! I'd better tuck mine away. How can someone be so barbaric as to kill someone for something as stupid as that? [MAD]Na'udhubillah![/MAD]
:w:

Sis786
04-28-2006, 01:45 PM
I dont see whats the BIG problem. I mean a Iman told the followers that IF thye knew anything then they should come forward this doesnt imply that the Murders were Muslim it could mean that the Muslims youth MIGHT know something..

I seriously dont get the point of this thread ...

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 01:47 PM
i was just condemning it sis:(.

Sis786
04-28-2006, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
i was just condemning it sis:(.
No sis i wasnt talking about you just general this thread it dont make sense to me i agree with you what a shame to loose a life beacuse of a MP3 player :heated:

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Oh ok cool. Yeah, whoever did i pray that they repent and return to Allah Ta'ala.
:w:

sardab
04-28-2006, 02:03 PM
I dont see whats the BIG problem. I mean a Iman told the followers that IF thye knew anything then they should come forward this doesnt imply that the Murders were Muslim it could mean that the Muslims youth MIGHT know something..

I seriously dont get the point of this thread ...
Well I dont understand why you cant see the point.

Muslim minorities are stereotyped in Europe. They are either terrorists or bandits. They are biased against Muslims not because Muslims are terrorists and bandits, they are biased because Muslims are "the others".

When such events occur their fingers directly shows Muslims. That is understandable given their egocentric culture. But what I dont understand is why Muslims accept these claim without examining. Muslims started to see their fellow people from the eye of Europeans, which is a sign of slave mentality.

The imam's sermon has no problem in itself, but the reason it is given makes me sick. Muslims can go nowhere with this mentality.

knuckles
04-28-2006, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sardab

Muslim minorities are stereotyped in Europe. They are either terrorists or bandits. They are biased against Muslims not because Muslims are terrorists and bandits, they are biased because Muslims are "the others".

When such events occur their fingers directly shows Muslims. That is understandable given their egocentric culture. But what I dont understand is why Muslims accept these claim without examining. Muslims started to see their fellow people from the eye of Europeans, which is a sign of slave mentality.

The imam's sermon has no problem in itself, but the reason it is given makes me sick. Muslims can go nowhere with this mentality.
No one said they were Muslim just that they thought they were North African. No muslim is being stereotyped.

Muezzin
04-28-2006, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by knuckles
No one said they were Muslim just that they thought they were North African. No muslim is being stereotyped.
I think that's the point of the thread. The fact that certain Muslims are so quick to point the finger at themselves, when really, it's not necessarily a Muslim who is at fault.

I'm not saying every single Muslim is a perfect being capable of doing no wrong. I'm just saying there does seem to be a tendency of some Muslims victimising/blaming themselves when the facts prove the opposite of their assumptions.

Sis786
04-28-2006, 02:16 PM

Bro i never meant to offend you. I live in the Uk and i know its not as bad as the rest of Europe Alhamdillah But Bro sometimes these things are soo common.

Like my community its now common as most robberies that are carried out are carried out by Black people that when something goes wrong we point the finger at that community. Now if they reacted the way the Imam above reacted that would be seen as good and can change peoples opinionn of them. Im not saying accept responsibilty But to atleat acknowledge that yes this maybe true and try to deal with it diplomatically then thats brillaint. And i mean the outcome of this was that the Muslims were not in the wrong But the way the Imam has dealt with this shows that we can take critisim and yet still be part of society and deal with these matters like adults

sardab
04-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Bro i never meant to offend you. I live in the Uk and i know its not as bad as the rest of Europe Alhamdillah But Bro sometimes these things are soo common.

Like my community its now common as most robberies that are carried out are carried out by Black people that when something goes wrong we point the finger at that community. Now if they reacted the way the Imam above reacted that would be seen as good and can change peoples opinionn of them. Im not saying accept responsibilty But to atleat acknowledge that yes this maybe true and try to deal with it diplomatically then thats brillaint. And i mean the outcome of this was that the Muslims were not in the wrong But the way the Imam has dealt with this shows that we can take critisim and yet still be part of society and deal with these matters like adults
Thank you sis. I understand you. But I have objections.

Muslim minorities in the west needs rehabilitation (by themselves). But part of this rehabilitation needs standing upright and defending one's honour. Muslims children are easy prey to western culture, because they are not proud of their own culture, and because they do not see their parents stand fest.

So, the leaders of the Muslims community should have waited until the issue was clarified. Because everyone is innocent until the end of trial. This is a basic principle. Something which you should also keep in mind against black people, I think.

Sis786
04-28-2006, 02:50 PM

Muslim minorities in the west needs rehabilitation (by themselves). But part of this rehabilitation needs standing upright and defending one's honour. Muslims children are easy prey to western culture, because they are not proud of their own culture, and because they do not see their parents stand fest.

So, the leaders of the Muslims community should have waited until the issue was clarified. Because everyone is innocent until the end of trial. This is a basic principle. Something which you should also keep in mind against black people, I think.
I agree with you Bro on the last comment but its a shame that now the times have come to this. Think about when you hear of a bombing even as a Muslim you KNOW that Muslims and Terroism is gonna be behind this. This is what media and society have put into our minds.

I mean i was listening to Zakir Naik speech that day and he was saying that how Childrens Riddles and Ryhmes actually put false messages in the childs mind. This is done without we even knowing.

I think the Imam never make a mistake in my opinion. I think he acted in a way that was mature and think about it Bro its really the media and those accussing that got the dirt in thier face.

They plan but Allah is best of planners Bro

meknesi
04-28-2006, 02:52 PM

you are very right dear brother im form london and i totally understand where you are coming from.....surprised that no one else does.....:brother:

sardab
04-28-2006, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by meknesi
you are very right dear brother im form london and i totally understand where you are coming from.....surprised that no one else does.....:brother:
I'm trying hard to see what clue you see bro. Perhaps my nick, which will lead you to a false conlusion. I'm not from the country you think. But I really wonder what would that change?

sardab
04-28-2006, 03:29 PM
First I felt negative satire for that country in your message, but after reading again I think I was wrong. Sorry bro.

KAding
04-28-2006, 04:42 PM

I disagree. Those of Moroccan descent, the biggest immigrant group in Belgium, are about 10 times as likely to commit a crime, that is why they are suspected. Crime is rampant among Muslim immigrants. Research has shown it can't all be explained by looking at economic conditions either, since countries like Belgium and Holland have strong welfare systems.

IMHO many of these 'so-called' Muslims are not good Muslims, since they would not commit so much crime if they would follow Islam!

sardab
05-01-2006, 09:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
I disagree. Those of Moroccan descent, the biggest immigrant group in Belgium, are about 10 times as likely to commit a crime, that is why they are suspected. Crime is rampant among Muslim immigrants. Research has shown it can't all be explained by looking at economic conditions either, since countries like Belgium and Holland have strong welfare systems.

IMHO many of these 'so-called' Muslims are not good Muslims, since they would not commit so much crime if they would follow Islam!
Crime is rampant because they are lost, they are grinded between their own culture and western culture. They are not proud of who they are, they are not accepted either by the countries which they serve.

"They will not accept us unless we accept their religion." Liberal lies are coming to an end. The life is getting messy for Muslims all around Europe. The only solution is to turn back to our roots. This requires standing erect, keeping our honour, and rejecting any negative stereotype. We are not potential [put all negative images west associates with Islam and Muslims]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.