/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Do U Know about The One Who does Not Pray Regularly....?

glo
04-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Can you help me understand how Muslims pray?
Be as descriptive as you can be.

Thanks! :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
extinction
04-26-2006, 08:46 PM
there are many different kinds of prayer...the one I think you may be referring to is salaah...which is incumbent on a mature muslim male/female...it isnt as simple as it may look there are somethings if omitted then the prayer will be nullified somethings which if missed can be made up for and some which if omitted it will not make your prayer void however will make it less in reward and Allah knows best....as for the how it goes there is an order which you must adhere to ....you start off by (in the standing position facing makkah being pure and in the state of abulution and in a clean place with clean clothing) raise your hands palms outstretched towards makkah and raise them to the sides of your head and say Allahukbar which means God Is the greatest... I will stop here and give other muslims the chance to add on and get some reward also..and a big reminder there are differences in how men and women pray.. and a basic view would be the order 1stly which is you start in the standing position then go in to a bending position where you back is straight..then stand again then go into prostration sit up go into prostration stand again for the next unit of that prayer at then end of the 2nd prostration in the 2nd unit sit instead of standing depending on the prayer length you continue by standing or end by facing you right shoulder then left...I must say it is very very detailed how you have to pray how many fingers lenght apart are you feet supposed to be how your hands should be how much to kneel and what to say I cant say it all here without confusing you

extinction
04-26-2006, 08:47 PM
also sorry for the double post but wasnt sure if you read all the way to the end of the 1st but this is something which is understood practically rather than over the net

we need 2 unite
04-26-2006, 08:49 PM
well muslims pray five times a day at least this is compulsory but they can do optional prayers aswel. . when a muslim prays he has to make the intention in his heart that it is for allah and allah alone. but b4 a muslim can pray he/she must make wudu - this means purify him/herself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
04-26-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
also sorry for the double post but wasnt sure if you read all the way to the end of the 1st but this is something which is understood practically rather than over the net
Thanks, Hafizmo

Yes, I get the impression that the answer to my question will be somewhat more complicated than I had anticipated! :giggling:

Still, it will be interesting to read people's replies ...

glo
04-26-2006, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by we need 2 unite
well muslims pray five times a day at least this is compulsory but they can do optional prayers aswel. . when a muslim prays he has to make the intention in his heart that it is for allah and allah alone. but b4 a muslim can pray he/she must make wudu - this means purify him/herself.
How do you 'make wudu'?

extinction
04-26-2006, 08:57 PM
lol same goes for this.....very very detailed and has the same things as salaah where somethings cannot be ommited some can but wont make it equal in reward to if it was.... well basically you wash your hands thrice up till the wrists gargle 3 times (using water of course) pass water through your nostrils thrice washing of the face from forehead till chin earlobe to earlobe washing of the right arm 3x till the elbows then the left 3x in the same manner then mandatory 1/4 of your head once passing water with a wet hand..the nape is optional and so are the ears but they also get done.......then the washing of the right and left foot 3x till the ankles p.s I missed out loads of details but thats the general outline

Abdullah4ever
04-26-2006, 09:02 PM
:sl:

Sorry i made it confusing here is a link where u can learn to do wudu How to make Islamic ritual ablution

glo
04-26-2006, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
lol same goes for this.....very very detailed and has the same things as salaah where somethings cannot be ommited some can but wont make it equal in reward to if it was.... well basically you wash your hands thrice up till the wrists gargle 3 times (using water of course) pass water through your nostrils thrice washing of the face from forehead till chin earlobe to earlobe washing of the right arm 3x till the elbows then the left 3x in the same manner then mandatory 1/4 of your head once passing water with a wet hand..the nape is optional and so are the ears but they also get done.......then the washing of the right and left foot 3x till the ankles p.s I missed out loads of details but thats the general outline
Wow! That sounds like hard work! :mmokay:

Me, I just pray - whether I am sitting, kneelin, lying, walking ... or even doing the household chores.
I guess God knows how clean I am on the inside, so why try to spruce up the outside?

extinction
04-26-2006, 09:05 PM
like I was careful to mention that is only one kind of prayer we also have dhikr which is rememberance of Allah and can be done at anytime except when in the bathroom..and there is reading of the holy book which is another kind of dhikr or to supplicate another kind of prayer

Abdullah4ever
04-26-2006, 09:07 PM

it is the way prophet Muhammad (saws) taught us and when you pray to allah u can't be dirty, like say u just came from work and ur sweating and smelly ... you have to make wudu.... the are certain things that break wudu like stool,urine, passing wind, getting angry and i think there is more and when u get unconsicous meaning sleeping or stuff like that

we need 2 unite
04-26-2006, 09:12 PM
inshallah if i said anything wrong allah forgives me, glo these things is easier when you see someone doing it, or getting a book which shows pic. do you have a mosque near you, i am sure they will be more than happy to get sisters to demonstrate.

we need 2 unite
04-26-2006, 09:13 PM
sorri where abouts in england do you live. cause if you live in london i am sure i can help you or advise you where 2 go glo.

Sister_Ayesha
04-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Salam
Being a revert and learning how to pray I found that this site which has also a tutoral of wudu
:::: Converting to Islam .co.uk ::::| Salat Guide

I think it explains it very good and I learnt the most from this site as how to do wudu and prayer

we need 2 unite
04-26-2006, 09:18 PM
mashallah

glo
04-27-2006, 06:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by we need 2 unite
sorri where abouts in england do you live. cause if you live in london i am sure i can help you or advise you where 2 go glo.
I'm not in London, and I don't get down there very often.
But thanks for the offer, sister!

This is off topic, but I notice that you have stepped over the 50-post mark! :happy:

glo
04-27-2006, 06:10 AM
What's this?
Leave this forum to get a good night's sleep and come back to zillions of posts! ;D

Thanks you all, friends. I will read your links when I have more time.

The ritualistic cleaning in particular sounds very strange to me. Like I said, I am more concerned with my inner cleanliness than my outer one, when I stand before God.
But I do understand that it is speficied just so in the Qu'ran - so it is quite silly to argue against it!
It does remind me of the old Jewish rituals the Israelites performed in the Old Testament.

syilla
04-27-2006, 06:56 AM
if you want to go out for a date... hmm... do you want him/her to see you dirty.

glo
04-27-2006, 08:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
if you want to go out for a date... hmm... do you want him/her to see you dirty.
Depends how well my date knows me, or how hard I am trying to impress, I guess.

My husband loves me just the way I am - even if I'm sweaty after a run or dirty after working in the garden! :happy:

syilla
04-27-2006, 08:09 AM
glad you're still here...

anyway... i think is more about us giving and to make a good impression. Of course you husband love you the way you are... don't you think it is good if we try our best to impress our husband. Rather that taking for granted that he'll love us forever...

rubiesand
04-27-2006, 09:50 AM
I find that washing before prayer is refreshing to the mind and body, and it helps to get me into the state of mind for concentrating on prayer.

Slave of Rehman
04-27-2006, 10:39 AM
What do u know about the One Who Does Not Pray 5 times in a day, is he still MUSLIM?
or
become a KAAFAR?

we need 2 unite
04-27-2006, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I'm not in London, and I don't get down there very often.
But thanks for the offer, sister!

This is off topic, but I notice that you have stepped over the 50-post mark! :happy:
thanks 4 lettin me know Glo. do you any sisters where you live, even if you dont no the personlly just go up 2 them and ask i am sure they will be happy to help.

SirZubair
04-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Sister Glo,..Click HERE

Wa'salaam.

Umm Yoosuf
04-27-2006, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Can you help me understand how Muslims pray?
Be as descriptive as you can be.

Thanks! :)

Hi :)

Please see the following links

The Importance of Prayer In Islam
The Importance of Prayer - Q&A
Library- Islam Q&A

How to pray
BegSound

How to make wudu:

Halima
04-27-2006, 01:09 PM

The one that does not keep up with his prayers or whom that he does
NOT pray at all is indeed commiting a sin and if this is not under consideration he/she will be punished during judgement day.

A person that does not pray is considered to be a disbeliever and disbelievers go to hell.

• The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The covenant that exists between us and them is that of prayer; whoever gives it up is an unbeliever.” [Musnad Ahmad (22428), Sunan al-Tirmidhi (2621), Sunan al-Nasâ’î (462)]

Thus far there is always a reason why we must pray which is stated below...

• We perform these prayers throughout the day and night, and they a constant reminder of a Muslim's duty to Allah. Prayer keeps us away from sin. Allah says: “Establish prayer, for verily prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds.” [Sûrah al-`Ankabût: 45]

:w:

Slave of Rehman
04-27-2006, 01:49 PM
jazakallah sister!
it means in pakistan millions of people do not pray Salaat in a day are Disbeliever (Kafaar)?
i know they all are Kafaar and we do not talk to them, do not marry them, do not invite them in our ceremonies, do not accept their ceremonies and do not burry muslims in their Graveyard.

Subhanallah

- Qatada -
04-27-2006, 01:55 PM
:salamext:

Brother, please keep in mind that the scholars have different opinions - so we should leave it upto Allaah azawajal to decide. We shouldn't call them kafirs or anything we wouldn't want to be called either insha'Allaah.

:wasalamex

FatimaAsSideqah
04-27-2006, 01:59 PM
as-salaam alaykum

As above...I've agreed what you have said! I cannot said whether still Muslim or Kaafir when he/she cannot attend prayers at all..that is Allah's own decide on the day of judgement..

wa-salaam alaykum

mizan_aliashraf
04-27-2006, 03:11 PM
Salam
There is ijmaa' of the scholars that the person who abandons three jumu'ah prayers without a valid excuse has left the fold of islam (ie become a kafir)
And Allah knows best
Wassalam

Halima
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Slave of Rehman
jazakallah sister!
it means in pakistan millions of people do not pray Salaat in a day are Disbeliever (Kafaar)?

Now see you must understand, as muslims we must fear Allah(swt). When he says that we must pray we must pray. We cannot question above, under or over it. Wether it be in Pakistan, Saudi, whoever that muslim may be should always keep up with his/her prayers. Him being any other racial ethnicity really does not matter. We are all servants in the eyes of the Al-mighty and when he tells us to pray 5x a day no matter how busy we are, we must pray.

There are always circumstances when you repent for the missed prayers however, it should not be of an excuse. There is really no excuse or reason why one should miss prayer unless they are gravely ill. Now in this case, Allah(swt) knows and he will forgive.

Nevertheless if you miss or delay prayers just because you are at work or school consquences are that you must give 3-5 mintues of your precious time to give to Allah(swt) that he deserves because like I have said before, there is always a reason as to why we must pray 5x a day.

i know they all are Kafaar and we do not talk to them, do not marry them, do not invite them in our ceremonies, do not accept their ceremonies and do not burry muslims in their Graveyard.

Subhanallah
The term 'kuffar' is looked as an insult in some situations-if not all. Disbelievers is an appropriate word that you should use. So please be considerate of others' feelings insha'Allah.

glo
04-27-2006, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
glad you're still here...

anyway... i think is more about us giving and to make a good impression. Of course you husband love you the way you are... don't you think it is good if we try our best to impress our husband. Rather that taking for granted that he'll love us forever...
Perhaps - although I don't tend to think in that way. :)

But we are making the assumption that our relationship with our husbands is akin to God ... is that not a mistake?

glo
04-27-2006, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand
I find that washing before prayer is refreshing to the mind and body, and it helps to get me into the state of mind for concentrating on prayer.
Now that I can understand!

Umm Yoosuf
04-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Do you pray glo? And how?

glo
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Do you pray glo? And how?
My prayers tend to be very informal, more like chatting with God, I guess. :)

I usually start the day with reading the Bible. I thank God for the new day and put myself and my loved ones under his protection and into his service.
I prepare for the day ahead and ask for God's guidance.

During the day I pray when I feel the urge. I may go for a walk and use the time to pray for friends in difficult situations, for salvation of non-believers or more global things, such as famine and wars.
Sometimes it is just nice to be still in his presence without any words at all. :)

I may praise God through service, singing or even dancing!

In the evening I usually end the day with reflection and thanks giving.

But I have no strict regime, and some days I pray less, others more - as the spirit leads me.

There is no also particular position I adopt.
I enjoy prayer whilst walking because it focuses my mind.
I often pray whilst sitting, but standing puts me in a frame of mind to 'serve the Lord', whereas kneeling is a more humble posture and lying prostrate even more so!

By praying in this way, I give my innermost to God - Im not sure that I could do that in the same way if I was to follow a strict prayer routine.

Hope this explains it somewhat ... :rollseyes

MuslimaH~SistaH
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Assalama Alaikum-
I know a girl here she says she's muslim,but she don't take the Khimar and she don't PRAY!-Why do some muslims do like that?

Jazak'Allah'Khair

MusLiM 4 LiFe
04-27-2006, 04:49 PM
sometimes i cant read all 5 namaz's.. im scared now.. am i called a dis-believer? plz say no :'( i try my best to read all 5, but bcuz of skool etc i cant..

Umm Yoosuf
04-27-2006, 04:57 PM

That was interesting read. May I ask what is the real purpose of your prayers? If one can pray whenever he/she please what is the benefit of prayer at all?

In the Qur'an Allah says : "Verily, the prayer keeps one from the great sins and evil deeds"

As can be seen the prayer stops one from comitting sins and ables one to turn to Allah. Its aim is to generate within the subliminal self of man such spiritual power, light of faith and awareness of God as can enable him to strive successfully against all kinds of evils and temptations and remain steadfast at times of trial and adversity and protect himself against the weakness of the flesh and the mischief of immoderate appetites.

The prayers are a type of purification for a human being. He turns and meets with his Lord five times a day.

The Prophet pbuh said: If a person had a stream outside his door and he bathed in it five times a day, do you think he would have any filth left on him?" The people said, "No filth would remain on him whatsoever." The Prophet (peace be upon him) then said, "That is like the five daily prayers: Allah wipes away the sins by them." (Recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

The prayer in itself is a good deed that wipes away some of the evil deeds that he performed.

glo
04-27-2006, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah

That was interesting read.

In the Qur'an Allah says : "Verily, the prayer keeps one from the great sins and evil deeds"

As can be seen the prayer stops one from comitting sins and ables one to turn to Allah. Its aim is to generate within the subliminal self of man such spiritual power, light of faith and awareness of God as can enable him to strive successfully against all kinds of evils and temptations and remain steadfast at times of trial and adversity and protect himself against the weakness of the flesh and the mischief of immoderate appetites.

The prayers are a type of purification for a human being. He turns and meets with his Lord ...

The prayer in itself is a good deed that wipes away some of the evil deeds that he performed.
I agree with all of that. :)

May I ask what is the real purpose of your prayers? If one can pray whenever he/she please what is the benefit of prayer at all?
Because prayer is only meaningful when it comes from the heart.
I pray because it is a joy to converse with God - not because it is a certain time of day and I have to.

Of course, if you can complete your daily prayers, as prescribed, and your heart is entirely in it, that's fine.
But what if somebody is just going through the motions? What is the point in prayer then?

Halima
04-27-2006, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
sometimes i cant read all 5 namaz's.. im scared now.. am i called a dis-believer? plz say no :'( i try my best to read all 5, but bcuz of skool etc i cant..
You can always make up your prayers however,

As long as you repent to Allah(swt) in the sincerest way is what matters the most.

Halima
04-28-2006, 02:38 AM

Threads merged.

:w:

syilla
04-28-2006, 02:50 AM
no berkah...and no hidayah...

do not appreciate and really understand of living in tranquillity.
when have problems... hard to find ways to solve it.

Slave of Rehman
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Now see you must understand, as muslims we must fear Allah(swt). When he says that we must pray we must pray. We cannot question above, under or over it. Wether it be in Pakistan, Saudi, whoever that muslim may be should always keep up with his/her prayers. Him being any other racial ethnicity really does not matter. We are all servants in the eyes of the Al-mighty and when he tells us to pray 5x a day no matter how busy we are, we must pray.

There are always circumstances when you repent for the missed prayers however, it should not be of an excuse. There is really no excuse or reason why one should miss prayer unless they are gravely ill. Now in this case, Allah(swt) knows and he will forgive.

Nevertheless if you miss or delay prayers just because you are at work or school consquences are that you must give 3-5 mintues of your precious time to give to Allah(swt) that he deserves because like I have said before, there is always a reason as to why we must pray 5x a day.

The term 'kuffar' is looked as an insult in some situations-if not all. Disbelievers is an appropriate word that you should use. So please be considerate of others' feelings insha'Allah.
jazakallah sister!
i use Disbeliever word not to Kaafar again.
appritiate you.
Waslaam-o-Alikum

Slave of Rehman
04-28-2006, 08:56 AM
What do u know about the One Who Does Not Pray 5 times in a day, is he still MUSLIM?
or
become a DISBELIEVER?

------
04-28-2006, 09:08 AM
We've had this b4 somewhere...

Slave of Rehman
04-28-2006, 09:35 AM
yeh i put it before but my thread was on page 2....!
i don,t know how?
it make me immazing....!
any way what i have to do?

Slave of Rehman
04-28-2006, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=MuslimaH~SistaH;278279][B][I]Assalama Alaikum-
I know a girl here she says she's muslim,but she don't take the Khimar and she don't PRAY!-Why do some muslims do like that?

Aslaam-o-Alikum Sister!

they ppl ahve no strong faith on Allah(swt) and His Apostle (saw).
they are so called msulims, coz Prophet (saw) said; difference between Muslim and KAafar is SALAAT.
they ppl consider themsalves as muslim by they are not.
May Allah (swt)guide them all. ameen

Slave of Rehman
04-28-2006, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
we have not to make excuses to delay Slaat coz its farad on us.
if we will delay, we will be out of Islam atomatically.
so sister! please be serious on it.
if any body doesn,t pay zakaat, he become Disbeliever as Abu Bakar Sideek (ra) 1st Caliph killed all those peopel who became muslim and after that refused to pay Zakaat and they become Kaafar.
so if any body will not pray 5 times a day, he will be like them.
Allah Knows Best.
so please pray all times as u are Muslim.

May Allah (s.w.t) give you Guidance of Imaan. Ameen

Jazakallah

Umm Yoosuf
04-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Thread merged :)

aamirsaab
04-28-2006, 12:33 PM
A sheik told me last week that the important thing for a muslim to do is Tawheed - the belief and remembrance of the oneness of Allah (there are many hadith that back this up). So those who don't pray, yeah it's bad but it does take time for a person to get into that routine of doing things. I know this from experience.

So don't disown the ones that don't pray, as we don't know their intentions or reasons. Instead, we should help them to pray via reminding them and teaching them about the importance of salat.

darkillusions
06-16-2009, 07:42 PM
How to pray video from wudu to prayer...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdgELfR5oTI&feature=PlayList&p=01D8A355592 628BC&index=0&playnext=1[/youtube]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.