/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can A Muslim Touch the Bible

Hamba Allah
04-28-2006, 02:56 PM
At school today, my friend asked whether we muslim can or cannot touch the bible. So Can a Muslim touch a bible?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Soldier
04-28-2006, 02:59 PM
i think yes. After all we belive in it too. (we did before the editions)

alitheislamian
04-28-2006, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Soldier
i think yes. After all we belive in it too. (we did before the editions)
Why not ,ofcoarse we can touch it and even read it.We believe that the Bible called Enjiel was revieled to Hazrat Eesa (PBUH) but now it is full of scientific errors and also contradictions .Which r ofcoarse not Allah's words but man's alteration (aditon and also subtraction) to Alah's words. But even now after the bible been changed upto 95% it doesnt say anything about trinity nor that Jesus (hazrat Eesa PBUH) died on the cross in other words He was cricified. For more knowledge u can watch ahmadeedat,s lectures 'Is jesus God", "Was Jesus Crucified" and also "What the Bible says about Hazrat Muhammad SAW". In these lectures Shiekh Ahmadeedat has proven from the Bible that Jesus PBUH was niether GOD nor he was crucified.
:w:

Hamba Allah
04-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Aha I see. Well when my friend asked whether we muslim can touch the bible or not, I confidently said yes. But I might be wrong and didn't want to create something wrong in Islam so I asked this question to you muslims.

Thanks for the answer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*noor
04-28-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that we can touch the Bible, but i think that only Muslims can touch the Quran.

alitheislamian
04-28-2006, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
I'm pretty sure that we can touch the Bible, but i think that only Muslims can touch the Quran.
Who said that sister. How can a non muslim convert without reading the Quran.

Zulkiflim
04-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Salaam,

Anyone can touch the Quran,it is a book of guidance and is given freely or bought anywhere..

And we muslim beleive in the Injil.....we believe in the gospel according to Propeht Jesus son of MAry as.....not the gospel according to other men..

So there is a differnce,muslim dont beleive in the Bible..

*noor
04-28-2006, 03:33 PM
i always hear that non Muslims are not allowed to touch the Quran because they are not "pure"

if somebody wants to learn about islam, they use the tafsir.

i heard that they are allowed to touch that.

Muslim Soldier
04-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes what nurofislam says is true. A kafir being najis is NOT allowed to touch the writings of the quraan. A muslim too without wudhoo can it.

HeiGou
04-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Yes what nurofislam says is true. A kafir being najis is NOT allowed to touch the writings of the quraan. A muslim too without wudhoo can it.
Just for the record, najis means "unclean" does it? If so how far does a kafir like me being unclean go? If you shake hands with me are you ritually unclean as well?

Silver
04-28-2006, 07:38 PM
Assalamu Alyakum dear brother,
I think u can read and touch the Bible .What matters is ur faith,I have personnally read the Bible,I don't believe anything that is said there about trinity and cucification...I read it and it only made my faith in God and my own religion stronger.Nothing in the Coran states that we can't read the Bible and the prophet Muhammed (PBUH) did not mention this.So it should be ok.I hope that helps.Peace!

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-28-2006, 07:43 PM
:sl:
Even Muslims must make wudu (ritual purification) before reading Qur'an. But there is no restriction on a Muslim having to do such before reading the Bible.

format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou
Just for the record, najis means "unclean" does it?
Spiritual impurity.

azim
04-28-2006, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Even Muslims must make wudu (ritual purification) before reading Qur'an. But there is no restriction on a Muslim having to do such before reading the Bible.
Also for the record - that doesn't apply to translations. A non-Muslim can touch a translation regardless.

Alphaseed
04-29-2006, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Anyone can touch the Quran,it is a book of guidance and is given freely or bought anywhere..

And we muslim beleive in the Injil.....we believe in the gospel according to Propeht Jesus son of MAry as.....not the gospel according to other men..

So there is a differnce,muslim dont beleive in the Bible..
Wow ! that is great to hear, so you do believe Jesus when he said " Iam the way the life and the truth, no one comes to the Father but through me" or do muslims only believe what they are told ? Peace

Hamba Allah
04-29-2006, 07:28 AM
When you said a kafir is a najis, what type of najis are they? Najis Mutawasittah, mukhafafah or mughalazah?

Muslim Knight
04-29-2006, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamba Allah
When you said a kafir is a najis, what type of najis are they? Najis Mutawasittah, mukhafafah or mughalazah?
Neither. They are being referred as najas. It's spiritual impurity. They do not become physical najis like dung of somesort. It implies to their belief (or rather, unbelief), they're making kufr against Allah, that makes them spiritually impure. It is because of this impurity they are not allowed to touch any mushaf containing the Quran. But the general ruling is that they can touch tafseer in order to learn about Islam.

You don't have to wash your hands after shaking hands with a kafir.

alitheislamian
04-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Ofcourse We muslims must mot touch the Quraan without Wodhu. The Quraan is for the alameen. So the non-muslims can read it an so they can touch it. In many places the Quraan adresses Ya Ayyohan Naas-O People
.people refers to muslims as well as non muslims. The one who say that non muslim must not touch the Quran,will they provide evidence.

Salaam
04-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Salaam,

A reminder that Muslims who have weak faith should not read the Bible or the Torah. Because of its edition.

"Once the Prophet (SAW) saw Omar (RA) with some scripts of the Bible, and the face of the prophet (SAW) went red (which meant he was angry) and told him not read to the scripts of the People of the book. After they migrated to Medina he was allowed to read the bible and the Torah, because at that time he had strong Iman”

(Could not find the actual Hadith, so correct me if am wrong)

But we Muslims must not believe in the words of the bible nor disbelieve in it.

:w:

Nicola
04-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Sounds very much like OCD

j4763
04-29-2006, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicola
Before someone asks OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder :happy:

Salaam
04-30-2006, 06:50 PM
What do you mean by that...

Nicola
04-30-2006, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
What do you mean by that...
I have quite a lot of experience from being with many people who suffer from OCD and from what I've read on this thread so far...concerning the rituals etc...it sounds very much like OCD.

MuslimaH~SistaH
04-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey-I agree with You all,but what I've heard from some people at schoo is that We CAN'T touch the bible,but i was always dis-agree.

Jazak'Allah'Khair!

glo
04-30-2006, 08:13 PM
I have quite a lot of experience from being with many people who suffer from OCD and from what I've read on this thread so far...concerning the rituals etc...it sounds very much like OCD.
I can't get my head around all these laws, rules and rituals either.

It just totally contradicts Jesus' teaching! Did he not die to free us from all this stuff?
Why would anybody choose to go back to those old yokes????!! :rollseyes :heated:

Nicola
04-30-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I can't get my head around all these laws, rules and rituals either.

It just totally contradicts Jesus' teaching! Did he not die to free us from all this stuff?
Why would anybody choose to go back to those old yokes????!! :rollseyes :heated:
Yes He did, praise God..:statisfie We are now free from all bondages of Satan.

I just couldn't, wouldn't live my life like that...no way! God doesn't love us anymore if we wash our hands so many times..Jesus tells us it's whats in our hearts that God is looking for, not like the Jewish leaders who where only clean on the outside..but inside they where fithly with evil with hatered for everyone who where not like themselves...
I've seen what OCD can do to peoples lives..with all their personal rituals of washing hands, else they believe something bad will happen to them..it's cruel for them.

aamirsaab
04-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Woah woah woah!
Muslims are not all OCD sufferers thank you. Besides, it's got jack all to do with the topic, so please get back on it. Thanks.

Nicola
04-30-2006, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Woah woah woah!
Muslims are not all OCD sufferers thank you. Besides, it's got jack all to do with the topic, so please get back on it. Thanks.

I didn't say they where...but said their rituals are like people with OCD...

Washing hands if you touch a non muslim..because we are unclean...I think it has a lot to do with the topic actually.

besides it being very insulting.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Washing hands if you touch a non muslim..because we are unclean...I think it has a lot to do with the topic actually.
If you read the thread you would have seen that we said Muslims do NOT have to wash after touching non-muslims! The impurity referred to is the SPIRITUAL impurity of those who disobey God.

Nicola
04-30-2006, 09:32 PM
kafirs, according to Islam are spiritually unclean. Not dirty.
If i shake hands with you I dont get spiritually unclean but only physically and that too only if your hands are wet.
:rollseyes
Could you explain how you become physcially unclean from just shaking hands with a non muslims hand?
thanks

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Could you explain how you become physcially unclean from just shaking hands with a non muslims hand?
That's simply incorrect. You don't.

Regards

aamirsaab
04-30-2006, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
That's simply incorrect. You don't.

Regards
Unless of course that person didn't wash his/her hands after going toilet. :p

Umar001
05-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Peace be upon yall

With regards to the bible, many pepople who give da'wah, people who are kinda learned have used biblical verses and touched the bible, what I would like to point out though, is that it is not permissible from various readings I have done to take the bible as an athourity over your life, as another place for guidance, there is hadeeth on this when a companion I think Umar had some of the Torah and so forth, you should read it its nice, some people of knowledge even tell you not to approach the bible, because it can be misleading, but thats another thing, hope I havent caused offence.

Peace be upon yall

Syed Nizam
05-01-2006, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamba Allah
At school today, my friend asked whether we muslim can or cannot touch the bible. So Can a Muslim touch a bible?
Hmmm, i'm quite baffled with this kind of statement. How come a muslim is ignorant of the fact that there is actually no harm in touching the Bible. The only words of cautioned here is that one should have a sound knowledge of the Quran before even attempting to read on the Bible.

Consider this:
1. A muslim supposed to read anything about islam first and when it comes to knowledge, nothing is comparable with the Holy Quran and the Hadith. Infact, the first verses revealed to the Prophet (pbuh) begins with:

Surah Al-Alaq (096.001 - 005)
Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-
Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-
He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-
Taught man that which he knew not.

Surah Ibrahim 014.001
"Alif Laam Raa. A book which we have revealed to you (Muhammad) so that you may lead the people from out of the darknesses into the light by their Lord's leave to the path of the All-Mighty, the Praiseworthy."

Even the prophet (pbuh) have on numerous occasions, have highlighted on the importance of acquiring knowledge in Islam:

Anas Ibn Malik (ra) reported that Allah’s Messenger (pbuh) said, “Seeking of knowledge is incumbent upon every Muslim....” (Ibn Majah 1/224 and Tirmidhi 218)

Abu Hurairah (ra) narrated that Allah‘s Messenger (pbuh) said “Learn the obligatory acts and the Qur’ân and teach them to the people, for I am a mortal.” (Tirmidhi 244)

2. If a muslim does not have sound knowledge on the Quran, then one must wonder why does he have to do with the Bible?

Surah Zumar (39:9) states, "Are those who know, equal to those who know not?" This surah confirms that the people with knowledge and the ignorant are not alike. The knowledgeable can differentiate between right and wrong and they guide people to truth and righteousness, whereas the ignorant only follow their own desires and can easily be misguided into things that they themselves do no clearly understand.

Syed Nizam
05-01-2006, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Syed Nizam
2. If a muslim does not have sound knowledge on the Quran, then one must wonder why does he have to do with the Bible?

Surah Zumar (39:9) states, "Are those who know, equal to those who know not?" This surah confirms that the people with knowledge and the ignorant are not alike. The knowledgeable can differentiate between right and wrong and they guide people to truth and righteousness, whereas the ignorant only follow their own desires and can easily be misguided into things that they themselves do no clearly understand.
On top of that, remember, the holy Quran emphasizes that one should pursue only that aim of which he has a definite and clear knowledge. "Do not pursue that (matter) of which you have no knowledge, for ears, eyes, and heart all are accountable": (Surah Bani Israel, 17:36).

There are several type of knowledge:
1. Information (as opposed to ignorance),
2. Natural laws, and
3. Knowledge by conjecture.

The first and second types of knowledge are considered useful and their acquisition is
made obligatory. As for the third type, which referes to what is known through guesswork and conjecture, or is accompanied with doubt, we shall take that into consideration, since conjecture or doubt are sometimes essential for knowledge as means, but not as an end.
Guess and conjecture do not lead to such a knowledge.

`Most of them follow nothing except conjecture, and conjecture can certainly not take the place of truth. Surely, Allah is fully aware of what they do" . (SurahYunus, 10:36).

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-01-2006, 04:25 PM
ON-TOPIC PLEASE!

Zulkiflim
05-04-2006, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alphaseed
Wow ! that is great to hear, so you do believe Jesus when he said " Iam the way the life and the truth, no one comes to the Father but through me" or do muslims only believe what they are told ? Peace

Salaam,

I revere Prophet Jesus son of Mary as and would never dishonour him or cast doubt on his person as a Prophet of Allah.

Prophet Jesus son of Mary as,has said that what people made of them,Prophet Jesus as and Mary are in no way from Prophet Jesus as mouth,,,it is an innovations.

Just like the bible is an innovation.

As i have said,we muslim beleive in the gospels accordign to Prophet Jesus son of MAry as,,,not the gospel ACCORDIGN to man whom are "divinely inspired"...

as Allah say desist from saying man is god.

Zulkiflim
05-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Salaam,

for Chrisitan the say you must BELEIVE FIRST then read the Bible..

thus since you have faith FIRSt then all that is wrong in the bible you will be forced to ACCEPT and EXPLAIn it in a way acceptable to you./..

In Islam we say read and understand then accept Islam...

Meaing faith comes after understading,they have to work to get the faith..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.