/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Waking up early

seeker_of_ilm
04-28-2006, 11:58 PM
:sl:

I have a problem with waking up early like... 5-6 O'Clock to pray and/or revise. So I was wondering if you lot could give me advice, on how to get up early. Any tips would be good, because I miss Fajr sometimes because I fall back asleep.

Jazakallah

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_6038
04-29-2006, 12:04 AM
this is what i did got an alarm clock that is LOUD and then i put it at the end of my room away from my bed and then had to get up to turn it off by the time i got to the other side of my room i was wide awake!! now i just naturally wake up early!

Abdullah4ever
04-29-2006, 12:08 AM

Before you sleep make dua' for allah to wake u for fajr and make the intention for waking up for fajr... i dont use those clocks i just do what i told u... oh and sleep early :D

seeker_of_ilm
04-29-2006, 12:13 AM

Jazakallah for all the above advice, I'll try it out Inshallah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
seeker_of_ilm
05-18-2006, 09:02 PM

ARGHHHH....I still can't seem to wake up!

lolwatever
05-18-2006, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I have a problem with waking up early like... 5-6 O'Clock to pray and/or revise. So I was wondering if you lot could give me advice, on how to get up early. Any tips would be good, because I miss Fajr sometimes because I fall back asleep.

Jazakallah

i use to have problems, and occasionally still do
umm.. setting the alarm to super loud is one solution,
and the other is when u wake up, wash ur face with cold water.. i swear das the only way u can stay awake, otherwise it's sooo dreadful that first half n hour of the morning experience... ull be so sleepy and probably conk out

H4RUN
05-18-2006, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut
this is what i did got an alarm clock that is LOUD and then i put it at the end of my room away from my bed and then had to get up to turn it off by the time i got to the other side of my room i was wide awake!! now i just naturally wake up early!
lool thing is, no matter if its loud ,well how loud can it be eh, but if its far from u, u wont hear it when u r in deeep sleeeeep...
recently i've had a problem 2, this could be partly coz of being v tired coz of injury....so what i do is get 2 phones, alarms on both, 1 later than the other just in case i over sleep...oh and press the 'snooze' button and leave the phone next 2 your ears lol, so when it goes off again u r bound 2 get up! 1 problem in that is: when ur in a state of sleep deprevation lol your co-ordination goes a bit iffy, hence i keep pressing the 'stop' button instead of 'snooze' so the alarm doesnt come on again lol woopsy

seeker_of_ilm
05-18-2006, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
lool thing is, no matter if its loud ,well how loud can it be eh, but if its far from u, u wont hear it when u r in deeep sleeeeep...
recently i've had a problem 2, this could be partly coz of being v tired coz of injury....so what i do is get 2 phones, alarms on both, 1 later than the other just in case i over sleep...oh and press the 'snooze' button and leave the phone next 2 your ears lol, so when it goes off again u r bound 2 get up! 1 problem in that is: when ur in a state of sleep deprevation lol your co-ordination goes a bit iffy, hence i keep pressing the 'stop' button instead of 'snooze' so the alarm doesnt come on again lol woopsy

Yeah I do that...instead of snooze I press stop...on purpose...because I'm in that sleepy mode

Z
05-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Salaam.

The one who goes to sleep with a pure intention of getting up for first prayer always gets up.

Mawaddah
05-18-2006, 09:54 PM
^ ditto

Was gonna say that myself

Before you go to bed make Du'a and Ask Allah to help you wake up in the morning.
Also make Wudhoo' before you go to bed.
I find that whenever I want to wake up for sahur, or wake up for Qiyam al lail, all I have to do is make Du'a to Allah to wake me up for that specific time and it happens everytime alhamdulillah :)

family
05-18-2006, 11:22 PM
put your alarm out of reach

Snowflake
05-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Sleep as soon as you can after Isha prayer and you'll have no prob getting up for Fajr :)

ISDhillon
05-18-2006, 11:29 PM
:) you have to train the body so it adheres to a new sleep pattern, slowly day by day go to bed early and wake-up early and your mind will slowly adjust and you wont feel like you missed out on anything and will not use the snooze, good tip have a bath straight away none of this groggy yawning half-sleep revising that people do.

Malaikah
05-19-2006, 08:51 AM

my parents wake me up... its better than an alarm clock becuase they dont leave me alone until im out of bed.. maybe you can get some one else to wake you up..

zircon
05-19-2006, 04:12 PM
salam.. try this one.. read the last verse of sura al-kahf before you sleep. wonderful it is when a believer sleep and it is also counted as an act of worship/ibadah out of the intention of gaining strength to serve Allah. and alhamdulillah we are blessed with the ability to sleep.. bear in mind that some ppl have insomnia. what a great feeling to be able to close our eyes and simply dwell into a deep, relaxing 'journey'. its the best to sleep after ablution and reading the 3 'Qul'. inshaAllah, may HE grant us the strength to stay awake some time during the night to call to HIM directly.. peace~

zircon
05-19-2006, 04:16 PM
one more thing, dont immediately wake up very early e.g at 3am. rather let our body get used to waking up say.. at 5am. slowly after that, reduce our sleeping time an hour by an hour. after that, inshaAllah you'll have an automatic alarm in your body.. no matter how late you sleep, you would be able to wake up at the exact time as your body system has set. all the best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.