/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What matters more. Muslims or the world cup?!

anis_z24
04-30-2006, 01:37 AM
Salam,
The world is coming up. And you hear people getting ready for it. buying flags. talking about where there watching it etc.

And Muslims suffer.
I don't know but I feel so much heat when I see these things.
Like people kicking a ball around( I like soccer by the way, just play it to stay fit)

But to give something like this the attention more than something that should matter to us Muslims more is appaling.

What Do you think.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
x Maz x
04-30-2006, 11:19 AM
The Worl Cup? I aint even thought about that...More worried about passing my GCSEs to tell you the truth inshAllah we all take heed WalaykumAsalaam x

A(SMILE ITS ME)
04-30-2006, 11:22 AM
World Cup ......
Its Way Of Enjoyement Too These People,
They Spend More Enerergy In This Than Anything,
So Good Luck Too Them

------
04-30-2006, 11:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam,
The world is coming up. And you hear people getting ready for it. buying flags. talking about where there watching it etc.

And Muslims suffer.
Like people kicking a ball around( I like soccer by the way, just play it to stay fit)

But to give something like this the attention more than something that should matter to us Muslims more is appaling.

What Do you think.
Yeh bro totally agree with you. :thumbs_up
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
The Worl Cup? I aint even thought about that...More worried about passing my GCSEs to tell you the truth inshAllah we all take heed WalaykumAsalaam x
LOL ur a joker maz lol tkcr :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
x Maz x
04-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Joker? well you know love to entertain ;) Laugh out loud only messing take care to ukhty Nuff' Luvin' WalaykumAsalaam x

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 12:06 PM
lol wrong forum m pretty sure close enuff to every1 will say they dnt giv a DAyM about the world cup as it aint even more important then the life of an Ant. SubhanAllah the amount of money spent on it makes me sik tho, its coz of stuff like this that poverty surrounds us :anger:

x Maz x
04-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Get me i mean..they are so friggn hooked up on some men in pants running around kicking a round object that they build frign millions of pounds worth of stadiums and then they friggn have the mind to complain about the poverty in the 3rd world and ask what have we dont wrong? What in blue blazing hell are they doing right????? Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth Mariya Breeeeeeeeeeth *Deep breaths inhales precious o2* WalaykumAsalaam x

Sunflower
04-30-2006, 12:25 PM
lol :okay:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Get me i mean..they are so friggn hooked up on some men in pants running around kicking a round object that they build frign millions of pounds worth of stadiums and then they friggn have the mind to complain about the poverty in the 3rd world and ask what have we dont wrong? What in blue blazing hell are they doing right????? Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth Mariya Breeeeeeeeeeth *Deep breaths inhales precious o2* WalaykumAsalaam x
lol ye next time they hold a match for charity im gnna say WHY NOT SELL THE STADIUM N GIV IT 2 CHARITY? lol makes more sence right :p

KAding
04-30-2006, 03:23 PM
But where is the limit? Should people be allowed to go to the movies or theater? What about sporting in general? Should all this stop until 'Muslims stop suffering'? You know just as well as I do that the suffering won't end anytime soon, be it Muslim suffering or other living beings!

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 03:34 PM
^ we can hav fun wivout spending too much money :)

x Maz x
04-30-2006, 04:22 PM
Okey well you know all the billions and millions and millions and billions and trillions of pounds and dollers put into making weapons so that they can go and bomb countries [generous as they are] they go channel that genorosity and go feed the third world...all those suffering in cases where they havent eaten for days...oh yes and it isnt just Muslims suffering its PEOPLE suffering...moreover INNOCENT people suffering who cant get a living cause the place they live in is less economiaclly developed :( Allah make their lives easy for them and grant them high ranks in Jannah WalaykumAsalaam x

------
04-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Okey well you know all the billions and millions and millions and billions and trillions of pounds and dollers put into making weapons so that they can go and bomb countries [generous as they are] they go channel that genorosity and go feed the third world...all those suffering in cases where they havent eaten for days...oh yes and it isnt just Muslims suffering its PEOPLE suffering...moreover INNOCENT people suffering who can get a living cause the place they live in is less economiaclly developed :( Allah make their lives easy for them and grant them high ranks in Jannah WalaykumAsalaam x
This deffo deserves reps :D

Starseeker
04-30-2006, 04:31 PM
I know what you mean I dont care about the world cup or others thngs like that but GCSE's coming up........

------
04-30-2006, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
I know what you mean I dont care about the world cup or others thngs like that but GCSE's coming up........
Lol 4get GCSEs I got AS LEVEL exams..

On the topic.. Muslims matter.. hu gives a damn bout the world cup... men running around in shorts...dumb...

KAding
04-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Okey well you know all the billions and millions and millions and billions and trillions of pounds and dollers put into making weapons so that they can go and bomb countries [generous as they are] they go channel that genorosity and go feed the third world...all those suffering in cases where they havent eaten for days...oh yes and it isnt just Muslims suffering its PEOPLE suffering...moreover INNOCENT people suffering who cant get a living cause the place they live in is less economiaclly developed :( Allah make their lives easy for them and grant them high ranks in Jannah WalaykumAsalaam x
Yeah, you are right. But what are you suggesting exactly? That development aid gets increased? That everyone on this world donates 20% of his income to the poor around the world (mostly Africa then I suppose)?

These might work, but we need to make sure it actually goes to development, so that their situation can improve in the future. You know the "give a man a fish and he eats for a day, learn a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime" idea

x Maz x
04-30-2006, 04:35 PM
I watch it but Surley my fellow Muslims matter more then the kufaar running around kicking a ball ;) Peace! X

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 04:37 PM
not to mention the amount goin to those nasty shameless men in shorts is jus ridiculous!!!! wudda been a nice incentive if doctors got that much!!

Syed Nizam
04-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Assalamualaikum,

Relax bro & sis. Surely all of us needs to unwinds sometimes. Different people do take different approach. So, football just seems one of them. As long as it does not pulls them away from fulfilling their obligations towards God such as doing their prayers on time, it should be ok....i guess?

If we wants to talks about senses, surely most of the things that have been happening around the world today does not make any senses...am i right? So, just relaxed and enjoy the match if u want to.

Peace bro & sis too........;D

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 04:42 PM
^ ye tru but it jus makes me realise the corruption of this dunya. When people giv so much attention and express so much interest in such things makes me wonder really. i jus wonder where the money wud go if such things didnt exist :heated:

------
04-30-2006, 04:43 PM
i jus wonder where the money wud go if such things didnt exist
Tru say...

x Maz x
04-30-2006, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Yeah, you are right. But what are you suggesting exactly? That development aid gets increased? That everyone on this world donates 20% of his income to the poor around the world (mostly Africa then I suppose)?

These might work, but we need to make sure it actually goes to development, so that their situation can improve in the future. You know the "give a man a fish and he eats for a day, learn a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime" idea
Brother i am not aware of the exact statistics but i heard that Oxfam actually only gives 10% of its donations to the poor and rest goes towards administraton fees...[DOnt quote me about the exact data] ...and moreoever all the money spent stupidily on war utilities and on social means...a little towards the sufferers would go a long way :) WalaykumAsalaam x

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 05:03 PM
the fact that sum1 wud even think up a question like what matters more your own brothers or world cup shows the distortion in the society!!!

x Maz x
04-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Funny how they get paid more for social entertainment then for doing something for the community!

AzN..
04-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Haha yeh

sis_fisabil'Allah
04-30-2006, 05:48 PM
i agree!!!
dis dunya is so corrupt its things like da world cup dat distarct us from our porpose in life im nt saying u cnt have fun but 2 have fun excessivley by spendin so much of ur money 2 see a ball bein kicked around frm 1 side of da pitch 2 another is jst a joke! :?
:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 05:49 PM
^ thats exactly what it is!! A BIG FAT JOKE!!! :heated:

sis_fisabil'Allah
04-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Subhan'Allah it makes me think hw weak we kn b as Muslims...:?
How is it that the Shaitan has made something so meaningless a form of Entertainment in our lyf. it is such a norm in society dat ull b seen as stange even thinkin this way...funny...Subhan'Allah

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis_fisabil'Allah
Subhan'Allah it makes me think hw weak we kn b as Muslims...:?
How is it that the Shaitan has made something so meaningless a form of Entertainment in our lyf. it is such a norm in society dat ull b seen as stange even thinkin this way...funny...Subhan'Allah
people start riots and war ova such a trivial thing as soccer. Its unbelievable!! I dont express this but this is the reason i hav hatred for football, it dominates sooo many peoples lives. People at my work place spend at least n hour everyday speakin about football. Omg nowonder the worlds full of problems!!!

sis_fisabil'Allah
04-30-2006, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
people start riots and war ova such a trivial thing as soccer. Its unbelievable!! I dont express this but this is the reason i hav hatred for football, it dominates sooo many peoples lives. People at my work place spend at least n hour everyday speakin about football. Omg nowonder the worlds full of problems!!!
very true ahki, i kn imagine wat its lyk in ur wrk place its like dat in college 2...
Alahmdillah i have no intrests in football or da world cup but i guarantee u dat many others muslims do nd i guess 'wat we want 4 ourselves we must want 4 our muslim brothers nd sisters' so i guess da truth has gt to be said!
Insh'Allah Allah ta'la give them the tawfeeq 2 occupie dem selfs wid something mre benaficial nd us to Ameen

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2006, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis_fisabil'Allah
very true ahki, i kn imagine wat its lyk in ur wrk place its like dat in college 2...
Alahmdillah i have no intrests in football or da world cup but i guarantee u dat many others muslims do nd i guess 'wat we want 4 ourselves we must want 4 our muslim brothers nd sisters' so i guess da truth has gt to be said!
Insh'Allah Allah ta'la give them the tawfeeq 2 occupie dem selfs wid something mre benaficial nd us to Ameen
you mean like LI? :p, this forum's helped me a lot mashAllah :)

sis_fisabil'Allah
04-30-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
you mean like LI? :p, this forum's helped me a lot mashAllah :)
Lol exactly wat i mean ur on point akhi ;D
i guess a place like L.I wud help ne1 intrested 2 learn mre bout Islam, a liee...

x Maz x
04-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Allah guide them souls It is in His power to do anything..WalaykumAsalaam x

aamirsaab
04-30-2006, 10:13 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by anis_z24
Salam,

And Muslims suffer.

What Do you think.
Good point.
However, this kind of stuff always crops up. One time it was about nike, the other about cola and conspiracy theories etc etc. I think the important thing is balance: one should strive to find out information about this world AND the hereafter - this doesn't however mean you memorise all the players names of Man U and forget all the prophet's names. (brother farook from Masjid At-Taqwah told us this during a khutba before jummah, very good, might I add)

It's all about the balance.

minaz
04-30-2006, 10:23 PM
yeh ( I remember that sermon last Friday:p)
Anywho this thread made me laugh loads! It is so blown to of proportion!
Football has evolved immensely over the years. It has turned into a live unique entertainment attracting billions of viewers and followers. The money aspect is huge but not an issue. The world cup comes every 4 years and every country in the world has a chance to play in it. It's a great spectacle and has a global united feel to it. Anywho it's stupid to go on the thinking of that, people re suffering and we are celebrating something completely irrelevant to it, be they Muslim or not.

anis_z24
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Salam,
How much do they spend on it anyways.
I know its a lot, but I don't have any idea what the figure might be

Nicola
05-02-2006, 10:43 PM
So should Muslim countries be partaking then?

Bunk
05-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Re: What matters more. Muslims or the world cup?!
The World Cup, of course!

(ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer!)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.