/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women in heaven

Silver
04-30-2006, 09:17 AM
I just finished reading a book about the day of judgement , hell and heaven written by Ibn katheer .And I was wondering after reading the book about the women in heaven.Do they have a lower status than men?Will they get the same things men will get?Like the palaces for example.
And i was reading about how the people of heaven will see Allah,some said that only men will see him (and I don't believe this is true) because the women will be in their tents but others said that they could see Allah because u will be able to see Him through the tent.So it made me wonder :Aren't women allowed to leave their homes in heaven?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sonz
04-30-2006, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
I just finished reading a book about the day of judgement , hell and heaven written by Ibn katheer .And I was wondering after reading the book about the women in heaven.Do they have a lower status than men?Will they get the same things men will get?Like the palaces for example.
And i was reading about how the people of heaven will see Allah,some said that only men will see him (and I don't believe this is true) because the women will be in their tents but others said that they could see Allah because u will be able to see Him through the tent.So it made me wonder :Aren't women allowed to leave their homes in heaven?
salama

all the believers will see allah azwajjal

and in paradise everyone will get what he or she desires

chk this out

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Sister, first of all, we’d like to say that we are impressed by your question, which emanates from a thoughtful heart. May Allah Almighty help us all adhere to the principles of this true religion, Islam, and enable us to be among the dwellers of Paradise in the Hereafter, Ameen!

As regards your question, it should be clear that Paradise is the abode of happiness; all its dwellers, males or females, will be showered with Allah’s blessings and favors. There is no discrimination in this regard between men and women. It is righteousness and good deeds that elevates one’s rank in Jannah and exalts his/her position. In more than one Qur'anic verse, Allah, Most High, calls upon His servants to do their utmost in order to be favored with Paradise. For example, He says, (And vie one with another for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off (evil). ) (Aal `Imran 3: 133)

In this context, Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America, states:
Jannah or Paradise is not for men alone. It is prepared for both, righteous men and righteous women. All the joys and blessings of Jannah are for both of them. Allah has mentioned in the Qur’an that He put both Adam and his wife Hawwa’ (Eve) in Jannah after creating them, and He told them to eat and enjoy everything (except the fruit of one tree). [See al-Baqarah 2: 35; al-A`raf 7: 19] Thus, all the trees, gardens and rivers of Jannah are made for both men and women and they both will enjoy them.

All Believers, males and females, will enter the Jannah. Allah says, ( Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring) (ar-Ra`d 13: 23)

Further, Allah says, (Indeed, the people of Paradise will be happily occupied. They and their wives shall be in shades, reclining on raised couches. There are for them fruits and there is for them all that they ask for…) (Ya-Sin 36: 55-57)

In the Hereafter Allah will say to the Believers, (Enter the Garden, you and your wives, you will be made glad. There will be brought round for them trays of gold and goblets, and therein is all that the souls desire and eyes find sweet and you will stay there forever. This is the garden, which you are made to inherit because of what you used to do. Therein for you is fruit in plenty whence to eat. ) (Az-Zukhruf 43: 70-73)

There are many other places in the Qur’an where it is mentioned that men and women both will find their reward and none will be deprived. [See: Aal `Imran 3: 195; An-Nisa’, 4: 124; An-Nahl 16: 97; Al-Ahzab 33: 35; Ghafir 40: 40]

The life of women in Jannah will be as pleasant and happy as the life of men. Allah is not partial to any gender. He created both of them and He will take care of both of them according to their needs and desires. Let us all work to achieve the Jannah and then, in sha’ Allah, we will find there what will satisfy all of us fully.

This verse clearly denotes that those women who do righteous deeds are rewarded with Paradise and given a high rank that is equal to the good deeds they have offered.
Shedding more light on this issue, we'd like to cite the following fatwa issued by the outstanding Muslim scholar, Sheikh ibn Jibreen:

There is no doubt that reward in the Hereafter encompasses both men and women. This is based on the following Qur'anic verses:

( Lo! I suffer not the work of any worker, male or female, to be lost) (Al `Imran 3: 195)

(Whosoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer, We will give a good life. ) (An-Nahl 16: 97)

(And whoever does righteous good deeds, being a male or a female, and is a true believer, such will enter Paradise. ) (An-Nisa 4: 124)

(Verily, the Muslims, men and women, the believers, men and women... Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward. ) (Al-Ahzab 33: 35)

Allah mentions them entering into Paradise together, saying:

(They and their wives will be in pleasant shade. ) (Ya Sin 36: 56)

(Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness. ) (Az-Zukhruf 43: 70)

Allah also mentions that He will recreate women in Paradise in the following verse:

( Lo! We have created them a (new) creation. And made them virgins… ) (Al-Waqi`ah 56: 35-36) That is, Allah will recreate the elderly women and make them virgins; the same will be done for old men, Allah will make them youth.

It is also mentioned in the Hadith that the women of this worldly life have a superiority over Al-hur Al-`In due to the acts of worship and obedience that they performed in this world. Therefore, the believing women will enter Paradise just like the believing men. If a woman had a number of husbands, she, upon entering Paradise with them, would choose among them the one with the best character and behavior.
Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: http://www.uh.edu/campus/msa/article....html#paradise

Thus, rest assured dear sister that Allah never wrongs anyone, male or female, nor does He, Almighty, deprive any person of his/her work’s fruit.

- Qatada -
04-30-2006, 01:12 PM
:salamext:

http://www.islamicboard.com/278162-post19.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/akhira-h...-paradise.html

:wasalamex

saidaharther
05-19-2006, 09:32 AM
jazak allah hayr brother sonz for the information, pleasing to know :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijaabi22
05-19-2006, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
LETS JUST PRAY FOR A PLACE IN JANNAH BEFORE WE START THINKIN BOUT WAT WE GET AND DONT GET

I MEAN JANNAH IS JANNAH

saidaharther
05-19-2006, 08:44 PM
yes and we get what want, what more do we want than to get everything we want :giggling: i never see anything that say we get lower than man in jannah.

Abdullah4ever
05-19-2006, 08:56 PM
:sl:

Bro Fi_Sibilillah is an expert at this stuff ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.