/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Summer courses

Mohsin
04-30-2006, 12:38 PM
:sl:

I got loadsa spare time in this summer coming insha'allah after my exams, i was wondering if any1 knew of any summer islamic courses and stuff going on anywhere?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm-Layth
05-01-2006, 11:12 PM
wa 3laykum as-Salaam

www.arees.org <-- Summer session

It is a 3 year program and we are about done with semester 1, however, if you join the summer session insha'Allaah you will be able to join semester 2. It is run out of Houston, Texas and the teacher is Isam Rajab and our Research Methodology teacher is Yazer fazaqa.

If anyone wants to join for 3 years you must take the summer session - if not you have to wait 3 years as this is a dedicated islaamic studies program.

I have benefitted so much from this and it is a full commitment but this is Islaam. So if you have the time I would recommend it and stick for 3 years insha'Allaah.

Classes for Year 1 are:

`Aqeedah
Usool as-Sunnah
`Uloom al-Qur'aan
Fiqh
Seerah
Akhlaaq
& Research Methodology

And starting next semester insha'Allaah we will have Hifdh and `arabee bi'ithnillaah

azim
05-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Salam.

Jazakallahmul khairan for the link sis. It sounds good, but I believe brother Moss is from the UK :P.

Umm-Layth
05-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Na`am. There are a few UK students -- in the online program. : )

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Shukria
05-01-2006, 11:53 PM
Online programs tend to b more difficult stay wid..I don't think dat I would b dat dedicated compared to actually going to the classes..

Umm-Layth
05-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Let me share with you a bit about the program (which btw you can find on the arees site):

You have the ability to chat with the students
You can see the teacher
You can see slides
You can hear the teacher

Apart from the fact you have 2 days to contact him for questions and direct email and a forums to post any questions and study sessions we do online. I do the program online myself and I thought it would be hard to commit but alhamdulillaah its already been almost 5 months since I started getting ready to go on our summer break - and I feel really good about Semester 2 insha'Allaah (If I pass my oral exams that is: )) inshaAllaah

Mohsin
05-02-2006, 05:15 PM
I've started online teaching already, i'm studying hanafi fiqh insha'allah with a sheikh from Manchester

Masha'allah this sounds absolutely amazing. Problem is i'm not sure if i would be able to join, since my exams dont finish untill 16th june. insha'allah i'll contact them and find out

Mohsin
06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Just gonna give this thread a bump

Shukria
06-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Salam
Gud thing dat u did bro Mohsin..Forgot about it.. As for most university student, I've got 4 months of hols now n was wondering if any1 knew of any Islamic courses in London other than the Regents Park Mosque classes..????
Wasalam

Mohsin
06-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Salam insha'allah i'll be attending this one, it's in london so might be of ineterst to some bro's and sisters here.

http://www.alfitrah.com/fitrah_Events.htm

Al Fitrah is ran by Jalal Ibn Sa'eed. He has begun to do regular talks in Cardiff now alhumdulillah, he did one on Mercy Of Allah, and one on Heaven and Hell. He also used to be on Islam Channel. It looks good insha'allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.