PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to become, who do you want to be. Will you use it to serve Muslims?



anis_z24
04-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Salam,

I think when we aim we musn't forget about what we are really living for.
We should start to think about our aims of life and how we will use them to benifit the Ummah, so that when we come to the Prophet(PBUH) he will not tell us what did you do for this Ummah, did you do anything to support it.
You might say I prayed I fasted. But praying and fasting is for you only.
What did you do for the Ummah


Salam,
I want to build my on my intelect, how I think.
And I want to be a historian, to tell people their history.

May Allah bless our good works where ever it may be(as long as its with pure intention, and for a good cause).

-What about You? (If anyone can, could you move this thread to the Ummah section
thats what I intended for this to be, as I saw one almost similar.)
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister_6038
04-30-2006, 10:39 PM
i want to be a researcher in the field of oncology...inshaAllah....
Reply

anis_z24
04-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Salam,
Really serious stuff,
its all serious, (can you tell us(everyone) how you hope to help the world with your profession)
Reply

Sister_6038
04-30-2006, 10:51 PM
well firstly im not going straight away into it...its something im going to build up to over the years...firstly im gonna do my BsC in Radotherapy...then onto masters in oncology and the inshaAllah my doctorate in oncology but its gonna take a while as im really wanna spend a lot of time in the hospitals and just build up my knowledge and the inshaAllah get into researching....oncology is basically the study of cancer...why do i wanna do it? simple wanna do something thats gonna help others!!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
chacha_jalebi
04-30-2006, 11:11 PM
inshallah, i want to be a teacher, cos me gets on well wit kids, and i jus wana work wit them, so i think teacha is the best way!!! inshallah il b 1, pray i become a teacha guys :)
Reply

Abdullah4ever
04-30-2006, 11:30 PM
:sl:

I want to be a scolar of islam.. especially in quran and hadith so that i can remind people and lead them out of the disbelievers way
Reply

anis_z24
05-01-2006, 01:24 AM
Salam,
We are well on our way.
but pursuing our aim along with a pure intention musnt be forgotten
Reply

Hijaabi22
05-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
inshallah, i want to be a teacher, cos me gets on well wit kids, and i jus wana work wit them, so i think teacha is the best way!!! inshallah il b 1, pray i become a teacha guys :)
[MOUSE]IM A TRAINEE TEACHER U WANT ANY ADVICE JUS LEMME KNOW ILL BE HAPPY 2 HELP YA IM ONLY IN MA SECOND YEAR THO[/MOUSE]
Reply

snowdropjasmine
05-01-2006, 11:37 AM
i whant to become a docter
Reply

x Maz x
05-01-2006, 11:43 AM
^ Yes sister i had the same ambitioned and then it struck me, i have no intelect laughing out loud...inshAllah whatever i do do serves the community in a beneficial manner erm i mean like a doctor helps the public whereas a beuatician doesnt make such a great imapct ...InshAllah Yes i'm confusing myself now so i shall depart WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

------
05-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Inshallah I want to become an Aalimah and teach Muslims and Non Muslims about Islam Correctly.
Reply

snowdropjasmine
05-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by x Maz x
^ Yes sister i had the same ambitioned and then it struck me, i have no intelect laughing out loud...inshAllah whatever i do do serves the community in a beneficial manner erm i mean like a doctor helps the public whereas a beuatician doesnt make such a great imapct ...InshAllah Yes i'm confusing myself now so i shall depart WalaykumAsalaam x
i have whanted to become a docter when i was 10 years old ,An doing physics, chemistry and biology and mathematics for A’2.
Reply

------
05-01-2006, 11:55 AM
You. Are. Crazy. :eek: Lol only messin tkcr :w:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Aalimah
You. Are. Crazy. :eek: Lol only messin tkcr :w:
tell me bout it :heated:

those are the subjects i took up in college wiv the ambition to become a doctor but then the "lifes too short" phrase smaked my face and i realised its better to be a person who raises a good islamic family wiv the correct morals and values which islam encourages so that later generations may be improved! So i just wanna understand islam properly and spread my knowledge, my carreer will be whateva Allah decides inshaAllah, as long as i get internet access i dont mind :p
Reply

safiya0631
05-01-2006, 12:06 PM
:sl:

i want to own by own business (but don't know wat kind of business yet) inshallah.i hv still gt 3 years to finish my degree inshallah so gt time to think wat kind of business to open.

:w:
Reply

x Maz x
05-01-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm not even in college and i have made up my mind LAUGH OUT LOUD...well at the end of the day if i am getting C/B at this rate in high school i dread to think how many grades i wil slip in college so it is wise to go into something relating to my intellect [although very low] WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2006, 12:12 PM
i got C Bs aswell but the thing which made me go afta those hard subjects is seein my parents hav to wait weeks jus to see a doctor! it made me sick! so i thot if im a doctor i can help them but that didnt pan out well, so now im tryin to get close 2 Allah so i can pray 4 them better instead :)
Reply

------
05-01-2006, 12:13 PM
as long as i get internet access i dont mind
rofllllllll u joka bro - same here tho!!! :p
Reply

x Maz x
05-01-2006, 12:25 PM
You are addicts aint ya? Man i use the internet ALOT but i can live without it..Hehehe WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

safiya0631
05-01-2006, 12:27 PM
:sl:

same ere..i do use the net alot but can live wivout it

:w:
Reply

------
05-01-2006, 12:28 PM
I cnt liv widout it :p
Reply

x Maz x
05-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I had my computer taken away [virus]...although i was on the floor gasping for air due to the shock ...i came out in one piece :) I cannnnt live without my computer, i gots soooo much work/recitations/lecture downloads on it...if anyone ever never ever took away my computer ...they beter start writing their will...cause man after i finish with them they going to wish they werent alive...going to yank their ears and batter them with my wooden spoon :( No-one jak's ma comp and gets away with it :) WalaykumAsalaam x
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2006, 01:27 PM
for this dunya i wanna spread a feelin of mutual respect for islam. People lack it sooo much :anger: but whats da best way to do it?
Reply

Hijaabi22
05-01-2006, 02:23 PM
[s]i Wanna Be A Housewife........sleeep Eat Watch Telly Shop Shop And Shop ....wat More Can U Ask 4 Eh[/s]
Reply

------
05-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by x Maz x
I cannnnt live without my computer, i gots soooo much work/recitations/lecture downloads on it...if anyone ever never ever took away my computer ...they beter start writing their will...cause man after i finish with them they going to wish they werent alive...going to yank their ears and batter them with my wooden spoon :( No-one jak's ma comp and gets away with it :) WalaykumAsalaam x
init tho respect sis am ryt behind ya!
Reply

Umm Khalid06
05-01-2006, 04:31 PM
i have done well with them though doing my exams soon then uni road to docter
Reply

Muslim Soldier
05-01-2006, 04:35 PM
I want to be a software engineer. Hope I become one.
Please pray for me
Reply

syilla
05-01-2006, 04:39 PM
i want to finish up my masters... so that i can become a lecturer (i want to change my profession - i'm working now... but not as a lecturer)
Reply

youngsister
05-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Salam Alekum i always wanted to be a solicitor but now i decided to study nursing and midwifering inshalah one day open my own clinic in my country which is now struggling and many women are dying while giving birth simply because there are not many midwifes nurses and doctors there.
Inshallah with Allah swt will
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2006, 06:30 PM
:w:
Originally Posted by ------------
[s]i Wanna Be A Housewife........sleeep Eat Watch Telly Shop Shop And Shop ....wat More Can U Ask 4 Eh[/s]
apart from the sleep/eat/watch telly/shop x3 sounds kool :thumbs_up
Reply

Hijaabi22
05-01-2006, 06:30 PM
[BANANA]lOL^[/BANANA]
Reply

*noor
05-01-2006, 06:32 PM
i want to be a counselor, or a pshychologist.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
i want to be a counselor, or a pshychologist.
goin into psychology was discouraged by my dad coz apparrently it goes against sum islamic teachings. If my dad was still alive i wudda asked him 4 u but jus lettin u kno what he sed :eek:
Reply

Hijaabi22
05-01-2006, 06:35 PM
[S]awwwwwwwwwww^^ sorry 2 hear dat[/S]
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2006, 06:37 PM
^ from him we come and to him we shall return :)
Reply

Hijaabi22
05-01-2006, 06:40 PM
yeah true
[S]
i luv the way u always luk on the bright side of things[/S]
Reply

Mawaddah
05-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Edit
Reply

extinction
05-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by nafisa88
i have whanted to become a docter when i was 10 years old ,An doing physics, chemistry and biology and mathematics for A’2.
lucky for you you are doing what you want doctors are stressed people(in general) thats why I plan to do pharmacy
Reply

*noor
05-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
goin into psychology was discouraged by my dad coz apparrently it goes against sum islamic teachings. If my dad was still alive i wudda asked him 4 u but jus lettin u kno what he sed :eek:
how does psychology go against islamic teachings??:?

i really want to know because im thinking about studying that in college.
Reply

glo
05-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
how does psychology go against islamic teachings??:?

i really want to know because im thinking about studying that in college.
I guess to fully study psychology you would be introduced to all kinds of thinking and psychological approaches to get a well-rounded understanding of the field.
Some of those may not necessarily be compatible with Islam - but I expect you would be required to learn them anyway (unless you can do Islam-specific training, but that wouldn't be at a mainstream university)

After your full training, I am sure you could specialise in an Islamic approach of psychology/ counselling.
I certainly know of counsellors who work with Christian teaching - I guess you have the same in Islam?
Reply

snowdropjasmine
05-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by hafizmo
lucky for you you are doing what you want doctors are stressed people(in general) thats why I plan to do pharmacy
If I do not succeed as a doctor then I will become paediatric nurse. good choice for you my cousin works in pharmacy.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
how does psychology go against islamic teachings??:?

i really want to know because im thinking about studying that in college.
i really dunno, lets think bout it.

say a man comes up 2 u all depressed and wantin 2 commit suicide. You'd hear him out ye, say he says its coz life has no meaning and its so empty and stuff. You'd ask why ye, say he says he doesnt kno. Wudnt u wanna bring islam into it? lol it'd jus b too tempting to not to!!
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2006, 08:07 PM
i think psychology is more for aethiests who dont believe in God, im not sure but i think thats why :?
Reply

*noor
05-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
i think psychology is more for aethiests who dont believe in God, im not sure but i think thats why :?

ok...........now i'm all confused................i was thinking that i want to study psychology in college.......simly because I'm fascinated by the way that people think.

now im confused and having second thoughts.
anyone have any suggestions??:? :?
Reply

extinction
05-01-2006, 08:12 PM
bro abd majid with all due respect bro...your argument on why not isnt all to convincing...
Reply

extinction
05-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
ok...........now i'm all confused................i was thinking that i want to study psychology in college.......simly because I'm fascinated by the way that people think.

now im confused and having second thoughts.
anyone have any suggestions??:? :?
again no offence intended towards bro abd majid..but sis you are getting confused at just one person telling you something negative...dont be like that ever...stay head-strong and do what you want to do unless someone comes with a really strong reason that opposes what you want to do
Reply

*noor
05-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by hafizmo
again no offence intended towards bro abd majid..but sis you are getting confused at just one person telling you something negative...dont be like that ever...stay head-strong and do what you want to do unless someone comes with a really strong reason that opposes what you want to do

ok......thanks

let me see.......does anyone else see anything wrong with psychology??? im not trying to disrespect anyone but i need a lot of opinions now pleeeeeaaaaaasee.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by hafizmo
bro abd majid with all due respect bro...your argument on why not isnt all to convincing...
ye it kinda sux. U kno what nuro study psychology and let me kno wat u learn lol, sry for the lame excuses :p

:sl:
Reply

extinction
05-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
ok......thanks

let me see.......does anyone else see anything wrong with psychology??? im not trying to disrespect anyone but i need a lot of opinions now pleeeeeaaaaaasee.
start a thread on it you will get more replies that way and it will be more on topic of course...
Reply

*noor
05-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
ye it kinda sux. U kno what nuro study psychology and let me kno wat u learn lol, sry for the lame excuses :p

:sl:
no problem........you were probably just concerned
Reply

glo
05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by hafizmo
again no offence intended towards bro abd majid..but sis you are getting confused at just one person telling you something negative...dont be like that ever...stay head-strong and do what you want to do unless someone comes with a really strong reason that opposes what you want to do
I guess if you study in a secular college or university, you will always be exposed to some tendencies and influences, which are against your own beliefs.

Perhaps the key is to ground yourself in your faith and surround yourself with fellow believers who will support you.
That's what I would do.

Blessings
Reply

seeker_of_ilm
05-01-2006, 08:22 PM
:sl:

I really have no Idea what I want to do. I've got loads of things I want to be doing, but I'm really undecided. I'm even contemplating choosing new AS levels next year.

I haven't really had any advice.
Reply

*noor
05-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
:sl:

I really have no Idea what I want to do. I've got loads of things I want to be doing, but I'm really undecided. I'm even contemplating choosing new AS levels next year.

I haven't really had any advice.

well, what are you interested in?
what subjects are you good at?
study something you like.
Reply

seeker_of_ilm
05-03-2006, 08:28 PM
:sl:

I'm still undecided on what I want to do. Without taking the subjects I do into consideration (as I'm 90% starting again with new AS levels), what career do you think would suit the following:

*Lots of opportunity to work abroad
*Good Pay
*Helping people
*Something just really useful in general to humanity...
Reply

anis_z24
05-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Salam,
I say try to keep away from working for people if you can(I mean as a paying job)

See if you can keep a bussiness along side your profession.

Its better since you have more control over your daily life etc...
Reply

extinction
05-03-2006, 11:27 PM
inshaAllah I will be a partime imaam with pharmacy so yeah ....
Reply

rahi
05-04-2006, 02:00 PM
I want to be ..... but what does allah like for me ?
i think it's not important that what are u going to be it depends on u but being a real abdis important.
Am i a real abd?
Reply

Hijaabi22
05-04-2006, 05:29 PM
AFTER DUIN TWO YEARS OF A TECAHING DEGREE I JUS CUDNT TAKE IT NO MORE SO I QUIT THE COURSE 2DAY.....TRANSFERIN 2 A DIFF 1....ALL I HAVE TO DO NOW IS TELL MY PARENTS :rollseyes :rollseyes
Reply

strider
05-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I want to go into psychology, inshaAllah.

Ma'assalama
Reply

rahi
05-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

I want to go into psychology, inshaAllah.

Ma'assalama
I think many of sisters like to study psychology.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-2019, 02:51 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 03:43 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 09:02 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 10:34 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 01:22 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!