/* */

PDA

View Full Version : God

PrIM3
05-01-2006, 02:57 AM
ok well my question is straight forward... do Muslims believe in the Burning Bush?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cool_jannah
05-01-2006, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PrIM3
ok well my question is straight forward... do Muslims believe in the Burning Bush?
I am sorry.

hanifi
05-01-2006, 03:13 AM
What burning bush?

snakelegs
05-01-2006, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cool_jannah
george bush?
;D :giggling: ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NahidSarvy
05-01-2006, 04:12 AM
Yes. See Sûra 20: Tâ Hâ, where Mûsê encounters it in the Valley of Tuwan.

Zulkiflim
05-01-2006, 06:56 AM
Salaam,

[PIE][20:10] When he saw a fire, he said to his family, "Stay here. I have seen a fire. Maybe I can bring you some of it, or find some guidance at the fire."

[20:11] When he came to it, he was called, "O, Moses.

[20:12] "I am your Lord; remove your sandals. You are in the sacred valley, Tuwaa.[/PIE]

That verse,,,it does not say burning bush,,but just that Prophet Moses as saw a fire.

Do any one knows of other verses? in the quran or the hadith/sunnah??

NahidSarvy
05-01-2006, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
That verse,,,it does not say burning bush,,but just that Prophet Moses as saw a fire. Do any one knows of other verses? in the quran or the hadith/sunnah??
Well, in 28:19-30, it says,
When Musa had fulfilled the term and was journeying with his family, he noticed a fire on the side of the mountain. (...) When he drew near, a voice called out to him from the tree on the blessed spot on the right side of the valley.
That's also translated as "shrub, bush".

PrIM3
05-01-2006, 06:01 PM
so do we agree that God spoke through that bush?

Zulkiflim
05-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Salaam,

Go here,,

Here are he various translation..

Khalifa
When he reached it, he was called from the edge of the right side of the valley, in the blessed spot where the burning bush was located: "O Moses, this is Me. GOD; Lord of the universe.

Pickthall
And when he reached it, he was called from the right side of the valley in the blessed field, from the tree: O Moses! Lo! I, even I, am Allah, the Lord of the Worlds;

Shakir
And when he came to it, a voice was uttered from the right side of the valley in the blessed spot of the bush, saying: O Musa! surely I am Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

Sher Ali
And when he came to it, he was called by a voice from the right side of the Valley, in the blessed spot, out of the tree; `O Moses, Verily, I am ALLAH, the Lord of the worlds;

If i am reading it correct,first Prophet Moses as saw the fire and headed towards it..then heard a voice...the funny part is it ALL say's..."right side of the valley"..

So it may mean it did not come from the tree itself,or that even if the bush is burning..

Inshallah Allah knows best...

The link if it works
Quran Browser.org: Browse, Compare and Search through Quran translations of Dr. Rashad Khalifa, Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Muhammad Marmaduke Pickthall, Maulvi Sher Ali and the Arabic Quran text

PrIM3
05-03-2006, 02:19 AM
But that is your guessing of it...

but I found this verse in the Quran

27:8-9- When he came to it, he was called "Blessed is He who is in the fire, and he who is about it Glory be to God, the Lord of all Being! Moses, behold, it is I God, the All-mighty, the All-wise...

so according to this verse God was inside the flames... right?

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-03-2006, 02:38 AM
Hi PrIM3,
but I found this verse in the Quran

27:8-9- When he came to it, he was called "Blessed is He who is in the fire, and he who is about it Glory be to God, the Lord of all Being! Moses, behold, it is I God, the All-mighty, the All-wise...
Concerning the meaning of the verse
27:8. But when he came to it, he was called: "Blessed is whosoever is in the fire, and whosoever is round about it! And glorified be Allâh, the Lord of the Universe.

It is written in Ma'ârif Al-Qur'ân:
Sayyidnâ Ibn 'Abbâs (r), Mujâhid and 'Ikrimah have expressed the view that the words {whosoever is in the fire} stand for Sayyidnâ Mûsâ (as) because the fire he had seen was not the real fire, but the auspicious spot he had reached was so luminous that it looked like fire from a distance. Therefore, Mûsâ (as) was inside that 'fire', and {whosoever is around it} is purported for the angels, who were present there nearby. Other commentators have put forward a totally opposite explanation, that the words "who is in the fire" refer to the angels, while the words "who is around it" stand for Sayyidnâ Mûsâ (as). Tafsîr Bayân Al-Qur'ân has adopted the latter explanation. It is sufficient to know this much for the understanding of the meaning of these verses. (Ma'ârif Al-Qur'ân, vol. 6, pp. 572-573)
So when you ask, "Do Muslims believe in the burnning bush", if by that you mean a manifestation of God within the fire, then the answer is clearly NO.
so according to this verse God was inside the flames... right?
No such a notion would contradict the most basic fundamental doctrine of Islam [Tawhid].

Regards

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!