PDA

View Full Version : The Muslim Woman and Her Rabb

------
05-02-2006, 03:29 PM
The Muslim Woman and Her Rabb

• The Aqeedah (faith) of the true Muslim woman is pure and clear,
  • She Worships Allah (SWT)
  • She Regularly Prays Five Times a Day
  • She May Attend the Jama`ah (Congregational)(Prayer in the Mosque )
  • She Attends Eid Prayers
  • She Prays Sunnah and Nafil Prayers
  • She Performs Her Prayers Properly
  • She Pays Zakat on Her Wealth
  • She Fasts During the Day and Prays at Night in Ramadan
  • She Observes Nafil Fasts
  • She goes on Hajj to the sacred House of Allah (SWT).
  • She is obedient to the commands of Allah (SWT)
  • She does not sit alone with a "stranger" (Non-Mahram)
  • She wears correct hijab

(And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what [must ordinarily] appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms84 and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers! Turn all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss.)

(Qur'an 24:31)

She avoids mixing freely with men

I tink that’s enuff for the time being gals!
Follow the above and inshallah you will become a true muslimah!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Devoted
05-02-2006, 06:30 PM
:sl:

Beautiful said sis...thanks for sharing this with us.:sister:

Allah Hafiz

:w:

extinction
05-02-2006, 06:32 PM
She Attends Eid Prayers
I think in this day and age that isnt a good idea......we get alot of women that come for eid prayers and it is sooo much fitna!!

*noor
05-02-2006, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
I think in this day and age that isnt a good idea......we get alot of women that come for eid prayers and it is sooo much fitna!!
in what ways??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Syed Nizam
05-02-2006, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
The Muslim Woman and Her Rabb

• The Aqeedah (faith) of the true Muslim woman is pure and clear,
  • She Worships Allah (SWT)
  • She Regularly Prays Five Times a Day
  • She May Attend the Jama`ah (Congregational)(Prayer in the Mosque )
  • She Attends Eid Prayers
  • She Prays Sunnah and Nafil Prayers
  • She Performs Her Prayers Properly
  • She Pays Zakat on Her Wealth
  • She Fasts During the Day and Prays at Night in Ramadan
  • She Observes Nafil Fasts
  • She goes on Hajj to the sacred House of Allah (SWT).
  • She is obedient to the commands of Allah (SWT)
  • She does not sit alone with a "stranger" (Non-Mahram)
  • She wears correct hijab

(And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what [must ordinarily] appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms84 and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers! Turn all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss.)

(Qur'an 24:31)

She avoids mixing freely with men

I tink that’s enuff for the time being gals!
Follow the above and inshallah you will become a true muslimah!!
Just wants to add one more thing, sis!
She should guard her modesty and,
She should obeys the command of her husband as long as the husband is just and does not contradicts with the commandments of Allah (swt) and the Prophet (saw).

... i do believe that this the quickest way to heaven for a woman as have been conveyed to us by the Prophet (saw). Ameen.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-02-2006, 06:42 PM
in the local mosque where i live, girls/women aint allowed in the mosque :( so we have 2 pray at home..

amirah_87
05-02-2006, 06:44 PM
salaams

hey what do u mean "it's not good"&it's "too much fitnah" .............:rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes

at the end of the day it's sunnah and it's something that has to be followed by both men and women ..
and if it helps pray in the first row or somewhere faurther from the women...
the prophet sallaahu alayhi wassalam said the best saff ( row) for the men is the first , and the worst(saff ) is the last , and for the women the best is the last and the worst is the first.....(authentic!)

wasslaam

IbnAbdulHakim
05-02-2006, 06:52 PM
ye soo many somalian ladies come to our local mosque durin eid and pure freemixin ends up goin on!!

amirah_87
05-02-2006, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
in the local mosque where i live, girls/women aint allowed in the mosque :( so we have 2 pray at home..
hey you see that programme on ch 4 last night ..... it was talkin about reforming islaam and all that.....
anyways it mentioned how muslim women don't have enough facilities and stuff going on for them in masjid and how in some mosques ur women aren't allowed inside:? :? :? :?

well i didn't really believe that last night i was like " they just wanna give us a bad name"!!!
and then today i was out shopping , so we went lookin' for a masjid to pray ad-duhr , we found one .....we saw a couple of brothers going in the same direction so we just tagged along !!
anyways we reach the mosque go to the womens entrance and would beleive it was locked ???? at salaah time :rollseyes :rollseyes
so we had to go lookin for the caretaker and he opened it for us ....alhamdulillah......
but would it have hurt them to keep the womens prayer room open just for the salaah times??

extinction
05-02-2006, 09:05 PM
at the end of the day it's sunnah and it's something that has to be followed by both men and women ..
you just said it is sunnah im sure I heard it is better to forego a sunnah to complete a fardh it is fardh on women to cover up from men who are marriageable but on eid day what do you see? a bunch of nicely dressed girls hanging around its like a fashion show.....girls are meant to keep their voices low....on eid day you can hear them from the 1st row (which is where I read every eid cause my dad leads the prayer) what else? hair is shwing and the free mixing after eid prayer!! astaghfirullah it is so evident and it messes it up for us guys we have to end up leaving right away cause it really gets bad

amirah_87
05-03-2006, 12:40 PM
you just said it is sunnah im sure I heard it is better to forego a sunnah to complete a fardh it is fardh on women to cover up from men who are marriageable but on eid day what do you see? a bunch of nicely dressed girls hanging around its like a fashion show.....girls are meant to keep their voices low....on eid day you can hear them from the 1st row (which is where I read every eid cause my dad leads the prayer) what else? hair is shwing and the free mixing after eid prayer!! astaghfirullah it is so evident and it messes it up for us guys we have to end up leaving right away cause it really gets bad
salaams

ok well i do agree with u there akhee , i would'nt have known all that cause in the masjid i go to there is no free mixin' wotsoever . even if when go pray outside in a park or summink , and all the sisters/girls in my area cover up for eid you only see one or two with trousers and a little head scarf and maybe another one or two without the head scarf but they feel soo outta place after that cause even the lil' girls are wearin abaays and headscarves !!!:heated: :heated:

hey i probably did'nt explain myself properly but when i was talkin about "sunnah" and stuff i was actually refering to the eid prayer and how it's "sunnah mu'akkaddah"!!! for both men and women .:okay: :okay:

wallaahu 3laa maa naquulu wakeel

wa alaykum ass salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Mawaddah
05-03-2006, 01:03 PM

Bro Hafizmo, when you say that 'it isn't such a good idea' you are generalizing. Because yes it's true that some women go out for Eid salaah and they are wearing all these flimsy see thru clothes and little things they call 'khimar' and skirts slit all the way up to the thighs (trust me in Malaysia yes ) BUT, just because some women are not fearing Allah you're gonna say that it's better for 'women' not to go?
How about those women who fear Allah and go to Eid salaat modestly dressed, hijab, niqaab, jilbaab......should they stay away from the Musalla just because of these other women?

I sure think not :) it's not our fault that they dress in such a way, and to miss out on the rewards of Eid salaat just because of some flight headed women!! :offended: I sure wont do that.
Even The menstruating women in the Prophets time used to come out for Eid prayers and stand behind the prayer rows because they wished to share a part of the Barakah on that day.

Perhaps you should say, if the woman is not going to be properly dressed and is planning to make a display out of herself, then she should stay home.

Wallahu A'lam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
05-03-2006, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
hey you see that programme on ch 4 last night ..... it was talkin about reforming islaam and all that.....
anyways it mentioned how muslim women don't have enough facilities and stuff going on for them in masjid and how in some mosques ur women aren't allowed inside:? :? :? :?

well i didn't really believe that last night i was like " they just wanna give us a bad name"!!!
and then today i was out shopping , so we went lookin' for a masjid to pray ad-duhr , we found one .....we saw a couple of brothers going in the same direction so we just tagged along !!
anyways we reach the mosque go to the womens entrance and would beleive it was locked ???? at salaah time :rollseyes :rollseyes
so we had to go lookin for the caretaker and he opened it for us ....alhamdulillah......
but would it have hurt them to keep the womens prayer room open just for the salaah times??
yeh sis i did wach it.. its abt tym dey did sumfin.. i dnt agree that sisters and brothers shud pray in 1 room but in 2 seperate rooms..:offended:

my dads the secetary at da local mosque so im gonna let him kno.. inshahallah he'l agree :rollseyes and it'l encourage more sisters 2 read namaz etc.. my auntie is also organisin a sisters talk ting.. soo it shud be good :happy:

shariq_0189
05-03-2006, 02:26 PM
alhumdulillah we got a sisters praying area upstairss...us brothers pray downstairs in the hall. I think both men and women should come to the mosque...but they should be seperated from on another. our masjid in Markham, Toronto is still under construction but almost...mashallah more sis are starting to showup.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.