/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my name haram?

Devoted
05-02-2006, 04:24 PM
:sl:

Me and my friend, we both share the same name . My name is Sabrina

And not so long ago we had this conversation about muslim names and she said she wanted to change her name and i asked her why.:?
She told me that our name is haram and not good according to islam, and that we and our parents will be punished for this name. Well i totally dont agree with her, i always like to see proof ofcourse and i dont believe things easily if it is not written in the quran. It is the word of Allah , and only He knows best. So can someone of you please tell me if this is true or false.

Thanks in advance, i really like to see some replies coz i really dont believe her and she hasnt been able to show me she is right yet.:statisfie

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
05-02-2006, 04:26 PM
lol u can hav anyname as far as i kno :) as long as it aint insulting or worthy of Allah.

:sl:

Sunflower
05-02-2006, 04:27 PM
i odnt have any proof but i dont think that it is haraam... its the person that matters not the name..u wouldnt b any different if u were called any other name even if it wasnt an islamic one..well thats my opinion...:)

Snowflake
05-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Muslims can have any name as long as the meaning is good. Do you know what your name means?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijaabi22
05-02-2006, 04:30 PM
i knew a muslim girl called sabrina too

i like dat name

reminds me of that programme pn Citv i used 2 luv

lol messin

Devoted
05-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Sabrina comes from the arabic word ''Sabr'' which means patience :)

Devoted
05-02-2006, 04:32 PM
thank you naila .. i like my name too haahh thats why i dont want to change it :P

*noor
05-02-2006, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Devoted
Sabrina comes from the arabic word ''Sabr'' which means patience :)

so, i dont think that there's any way that the name Sabrina goes against Islam. Allah loves patience.:)

Devoted
05-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Yes, thats what i have been trying to tell her 2, lakien she wont believe my just by my word her name might come from patience lakkien she is really stubborn...can someone maybe help me find some proof:statisfie

Sunflower
05-02-2006, 04:37 PM
ill try and find sme and cme back 2 u asap sis:)

Devoted
05-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks a loot sis :) :rose: i've been trying to look some too

Hijaabi22
05-02-2006, 04:49 PM
thank you naila .. i like my name too haahh thats why i dont want to change it :P
:eek: :eek: :eek: u know my name

how u know dat eh eh eh lol messin

i like ya name Sabrina doint change it! Or if U do change it change it to SELENA! I luv dat name 2:statisfie

Devoted
05-02-2006, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
:eek: :eek: :eek: u know my name

how u know dat eh eh eh lol messin

i like ya name Sabrina doint change it! Or if U do change it change it to SELENA! I luv dat name 2:statisfie
hahahha well it is in ur cute display picture hahhaha i immeadiately assumed it was yours;D selena is a nice name too so is naila ;) lakien i am used to mine for 15 years ahah so naah cant change hahah.:statisfie ....

afriend
05-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Sabreen kinda means those who are patient...and the 'ah' at the end usually refers to the feminine type of word, for e.g. Habib-meaning beloved(masculine) and habibAH-for feminine....

I hope u get where I'm comin from...

Also, no offence but the title of the thread...well...let's say it immediatly grasped my attention...:p

Hijaabi22
05-02-2006, 04:57 PM
hahahha well it is in ur cute display picture hahhaha i immeadiately assumed it was yours;D selena is a nice name too so is naila ;) lakien i am used to mine for 15 years ahah so naah cant change hahah.:statisfie ....
LOL ;D ;D ;D Thanks :statisfie :statisfie :statisfie

Devoted
05-02-2006, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Sabreen kinda means those who are patient...and the 'ah' at the end usually refers to the feminine type of word, for e.g. Habib-meaning beloved(masculine) and habibAH-for feminine....

I hope u get where I'm comin from...

Also, no offence but the title of the thread...well...let's say it immediatly grasped my attention...:p
I like attention :statisfie :giggling:

afriend
05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I like attention :statisfie :giggling:
LOL

It cracked me up...LOL

But I hope ur proud of ur name...Inshallah u'll live up to it!

Devoted
05-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Yes yes i am really weally proud of my name and that is why i am looking for proof to keep it lol:happy:

czgibson
05-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Greetings,

According to here your name comes from Latin and means "from the border"; according to here you are named after a Celtic Princess; and the people here seem very confused about its meaning here.

So I can't give the proof you're looking for, I'm afraid.

Peace

afriend
05-02-2006, 05:10 PM
and the people here seem very confused about its meaning here.
ROFL!
LOL!

it's been sorted i think.

Hijaabi22
05-02-2006, 05:14 PM
lol! sis ignore em all u have a BEAURIFUL NAME!! U CELTIC PRINCESS!!LOL

Devoted
05-02-2006, 05:18 PM
you guys are really funny ahhaha i came here looking for more answers i got more confused:rollseyes instead hahahhahaa:giggling:

if there isnt any proof ...i guess there is no reason for me or my friend to change our names ahahaa..thank you all very much for helping..im gonna continue my search:shade:...just let me know if some1 of you finds some info :thankyou:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.