/* */

PDA

View Full Version : muslimhiphop.com

jet
05-04-2005, 12:25 AM
:sl: :brother:

check out this site: http://www.muslimhiphop.com and inshallah join the forums, there seem to be alot of mature youngns on this forum. mashallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
KhaDeja
05-04-2005, 01:41 AM
:sl:
this may sound like just my opinion but as far as all the knowledge i have about imitating the kuffar, that website does just that. imitates the kuffar. hijabs with a hip hop twists? what's gotten into muslims? why is there such a need to imitate kaafirs and thier music styles when music is clearly HARAM in Islam? this one time prophet Mohammad sallalahu alahi wasallam passed by a places where music was playing and he shoved his fingers in his ears and went far from that place. do you think that after something like that from our beloved prophet Allah would accept our use of music?

SubhanAllah!!! instead of listening to the Quran young Muslims and old alike are wasting thier time listening to music!?! instead of bringing the lifestyle of the prophet into our lives we bring the way of jaahaliya into our lives?!?

While in other religions music and singing have been an integral part of worship, Islam's acts of worship do not require or permit music. What about the argument that "sacred music" can bring one to a state of ecstasy and union with God? Well, salat brings one closer to Allah. (There are historical accounts of earlier Muslims some of whom reached such a state of absorption that they could not feel even physical pain of surgery during salat.) It is very significant that this closeness is achieved without any "sacred" music or the use of 'muslim hip hop'.

aaaguh for God's sake cant we ONCE just ONCE get over our selfish desires and whims and REALLY ACTUALLY try to be true Momins? do we really love Allah and His prophet or no? if yes then why are people doing the oppsite of what Allah said to do?

KhaDeja
05-04-2005, 01:45 AM
If I Can Get One Chance.......................... One Chance I'd Destroy That Filthy Rubbish Offf The Face Of The Earth And Beat Up Anyone Who Tries To Stop Me!!!!!!! ... Dont Anyone Try To Say Music Is Ok Or You'll Hear From Me !!!!!

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-04-2005, 01:46 AM
:sl: I think Sr. KhaDeja has mentioned some very good points, and as Muslims we should try to focus on what brings us closer to our Creator, swt.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
solid_snake
05-04-2005, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jet

check out this site: http://www.muslimhiphop.com and inshallah join the forums, there seem to be alot of mature youngns on this forum. mashallah
th@nk$ for the link brother! :)

Sahabiyaat
05-05-2005, 01:40 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:haha: i''ve never heard of anything more pathetic...cept the woman leading the prayer...whats happening to muslim women ???

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2005, 02:11 PM
yeah sis muslimah i agree with you

A7med
05-05-2005, 03:19 PM
hhhmmm ^^^^^^ same here

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Assalamoaalaikum-wa-rahamatullah-hey-wabarakatu

I dont agree with with Muslim Hip Hop/Rap or whatever you wanna call it.

For me it is a mockery of our great religion!

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2005, 03:44 PM
i can't stand any sort of music and i believe any instrumental music is not good

A7med
05-05-2005, 04:15 PM
^^^ people have even told me that duff (type of drum) if HARAAM!!!

Bint Abdusattar
05-05-2005, 07:44 PM

I understand that there is no need for this kind of hip hoping or whatever it's called. I've been told that this starrted because people who listened to a lot of music and songs with filthy lyrics needed some sort of replacement - and thi is what they came up with - "clean Music" :confused: Mmmm don't make sense.

I totally went off music when i started listening to recitation of the Qur'an. It really works.
Our soul needs the food - so it is either the sounds of Allah or sounds of the shaitan - take your pick!!!

Mr. Baldy
05-05-2005, 08:00 PM
aslaam alykum,

while the strongest opinion maybe that music is haram, i have to disagree with this, yes the evidence sis khadeja gave is compelling, but maybe the prophet just didint like that music, for instance i have heard this, the prophet (SAWS) was passing by (i cant remember what) and he was travelling with sahabah, now the prophet heard music, and he put his fingers in his ears, and he told the sahabah to tell him when the music could not be heard anymore. Now why ould it ne permissable or sahabah to listen to that music? also hip hop and rap is the best form of dawah for youth today......

wa alykum aslaam

Protected_Diamond
05-05-2005, 09:14 PM

ASTAGHFIRULLAH!! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF
HOW CAN YOU BE SO NAIVE? :confused: ANY SORT OF MUSIC IS HARAM IN ISLAM FULL STOP. AND NOW YOU ARE RECOMMENDING SO CALLED ISLAMIC HIPHOP MUSIC TO US??!!

WHERE'S DID YOU LEAVE YOUR BRAIN...?

ALL THESE SITES DO IS BRAINWASH US REAL MUSLIMS AND LOSE THEY WAY OF THE RIGHT PATH, AS YOU HAVE DEMOSTRATED TO US FELLOW MUSLIMS. :omg:

MAY ALLAH (S.W.A) HELP YOU AND GUIDE YOU TO THE RIGHT PATH AMEEN...I DEARLY HOPE SO BEFORE THINGS TURN NASTY :mad:

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-05-2005, 10:15 PM
:sl: Music may not be completely haraam, but it certainly leads in a negative direction and is not healthy for one's soul.

jet
05-07-2005, 03:59 AM
asalaam alaikum,

be as arrogant as you wanna be, but the music on that site is to bring muslims closer to islam. its not to replace quran and salat. there is a message behind those lyrics. i know so many young muslims who have started practicing islam after listening to islamic hip hop. yes, it would be better for one to listen to quran and make salat of course, but there are youth that dont do that, and this is to get them to do that.

walaikum asalaam

Protected_Diamond
05-07-2005, 04:28 PM
you are so wierd kasme

makaveli
05-08-2005, 01:17 AM
asalaam alaikum,

be as arrogant as you wanna be, but the music on that site is to bring muslims closer to islam. its not to replace quran and salat. there is a message behind those lyrics. i know so many young muslims who have started practicing islam after listening to islamic hip hop. yes, it would be better for one to listen to quran and make salat of course, but there are youth that dont do that, and this is to get them to do that.

walaikum asalaam
:applaud:

snipeaac
05-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Astaghfirullaah.

1) Let us not have this discussion about music being Halaal or haraam. The overwhelming Daleel against music is enough. Would you not take the words of the Prophet regarding the impermissability of music?

2) Have we sunk to that level to imitate the Kuffar in every thing they do? The Prophet (peace be upon him) said that a time will come that we would follow them into a lizard hole. And hiphop?? this is Islaamic? What? Astaghfirullaah. How does this bring muslims together. What about Halaqa's? What about teaching the youth about Islaam rather than they waste their time listening to music.

3) Is hiphop = modesty? Where is the Haya? you see muslim youth dressing like thugs and idiotic rappers. Why dont we get muslims to pick up the Quran and read it when they have free time. Let them listen to Quran! the time they spend listening to the instruments of Shaytaan they can spend listening to the words of Allaah

Ibn Syed
05-08-2005, 02:29 AM
Hey, Makaveli You shouldn't be talking. It looks like it brings you away from Islam everytime you listen to it.

Ammar
05-08-2005, 10:41 AM
makaveli shud b warned ! hes trangressing

Mr. Baldy
05-08-2005, 11:45 AM
aslaam alykum,

i dont think its music thats haram more the application of music thats haram or hallal, i mean say that you listen to 50 cents or whatever, its quite clear cut haram, i mean what do they talk about, you know it like, yeah check me out i pulled a girl, or, yesterday i got so wasted, and things like that, but if you listen to blak-stone or soldiers of allah, there talking about islam, and how it affects us in our everyday life, and bringing back khilafah e.t.c..... think about it i mean you can say that certain aplications of computers are haram, that doesnt make the computer haram, or certain aplications of clothes are haram (i think we all know what i mean) but that doesnt make all clothes haram.

wa alykum aslaam

snipeaac
05-08-2005, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baldy
aslaam alykum,

i dont think its music thats haram more the application of music thats haram or hallal, i mean say that you listen to 50 cents or whatever, its quite clear cut haram, i mean what do they talk about, you know it like, yeah check me out i pulled a girl, or, yesterday i got so wasted, and things like that, but if you listen to blak-stone or soldiers of allah, there talking about islam, and how it affects us in our everyday life, and bringing back khilafah e.t.c..... think about it i mean you can say that certain aplications of computers are haram, that doesnt make the computer haram, or certain aplications of clothes are haram (i think we all know what i mean) but that doesnt make all clothes haram.

wa alykum aslaam
Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) Reported that the Messenger of Allaah (may peace be upon him) said, “Song makes hypocrisy grow in the heart as water does herbage”
(Sunan al-Bayhaqi)

Protected_Diamond
05-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Makaveli what a wanabe what are you doing here?

this is exaclty what snipeaac was talking about, imitating the kafirs

your username says it all, i know you will be taking the kafirs view after all, you named yourself after a kafir :omg:

snipeaac
05-08-2005, 07:57 PM
By the external imitation of the kuffaar (by means of dress etc) you will end up in an internal imitation of the kuffaar as baby girl mentioned.

“The Messenger of Allah saw me wearing two saffron garments and he said: ‘Indeed these are from the dress of the Kuffaar so do not wear them.’ [Collected by Muslim (1/144), An-Nisaaee (2/298), Al-Haakim (4/190), and Ahmad in his Musnad (2/172, 164, 193, 207, and 211)]

makaveli
05-09-2005, 01:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snipeaac
you see muslim youth dressing like thugs and idiotic rappers.
;D wow, nice generalization there, mr know it all.

Ibn Syed
05-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Where do you live makaveli. In your Kafir friends house?

Ibn Syed
05-09-2005, 01:58 AM
It seems you know all about this garbage rap stuff makaveli.

Ibn Syed
05-09-2005, 02:00 AM
We should get an Admin to warn him about posting all his sins and other wierd things of hypocracy that he does.

makaveli
05-09-2005, 02:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn Syed
It seems you know all about this garbage rap stuff makaveli.

yep, all rap music is garbage :rolleyes:

Sahabiyaat
05-09-2005, 07:38 AM

u know wen someone believes something is correct they will go to great lenghts to prove it.
like Islam.....we know its true..and some ppl wrk day and night to prove it to the less fortunate
same with this...these ppl will never admit their opinions are wrong
and i think it would be very foolish to waste tym and energy on such ppl, therefore just leave them as they are.

snipeaac
05-09-2005, 01:11 PM
"Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari ta’leeqan, no. 5590; narrated as mawsool by al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 91).

And people take their own words over the words of the Prophet (peace be upon him)...

how sad eh.

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-10-2005, 12:21 AM
:sl: this forum is for exchanging links only. With regards to the discussion on music, everything has been mentioned already, mash'Allah. This thread is being reduced to insults so it will be closed.

Those who would like to discuss secularism and islam further, please see:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...ed=1#post29962

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!