/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Slacking off

seeker_of_ilm
05-03-2006, 06:38 PM
:sl:

Recently I've been really lazy, and I haven't been learning anything for Madressa (haafiz class) and I haven't been praying salaah, all the time, and even college, haven't been doing any work.

Any advice to motivate me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

salah is important ekhi, if you can't do none of the other things, thats not as bad, but make sure you atleast keep up with your salaah inshallah.

Since you are slacking off, it means you're finding something more entertaining i suppose or..? either way try to stray away from what you think is distracting you. If its like an addiction, e.g. ur addicted to the comp..have someone hide the keyboard for you lol and keep in mind addictions are bad..

Inshallah you won't stray from the straight path ekhi, but do keep up with ur salaah inshallah

May Allah guide you ameen.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

------
05-03-2006, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Recently I've been really lazy, and I haven't been learning anything for Madressa (haafiz class) and I haven't been praying salaah, all the time, and even college, haven't been doing any work.

Just Think........If u died tomorrow.........what would u answer to Allah swt.....:?

Kidman
05-03-2006, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

If it's a requirement, you must do it. I know where your coming from though, i feel the same sometimes.

If you want motivation at that moment, the thing that helps me is caffine... lol, and I have energy pills that get me all going.

But for a long term... what helps me is planning a schedule, writing it down on a lil notepad or somthin, and sticking to it no matter what... except for emergencies... but make a whole schedule on what you should be doing, and go right off of the schedule and checking off things as you do them.. You should even put the amount of time for each thing you want to do..

Like 1. Studying for english - 1 hour...

stuff like that and forcing yourself to do it will get rid of the lazyness inshallah.

best wishes
kavon

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Farhiya
05-03-2006, 07:02 PM

The following dua has been related from the Messenger (upon whom be peace) for protection against laziness among other problems:

اَللّهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْعِجْزِ ، وَالْكَسْلِ، وَالْجُبْنِ ، وَالْهَرَمِ ، وَالْبُخْلِ ، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ. [1][1][1]

Allâhumma innî acûdhu bika minal-ajzi wal-kasli wal-jubni wal-harami wal-bukhli, wa a'udhbika min adhabil qabri, wa a'udhubika fitnatil mahya walmamat.

O Allah, I seek refuge in You from weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, anxiety and sorrow, and I seek refuge in You from the torments of grave, and I seek refuge in You from the trials and tribulations of life and death.

Wassalam

link: http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...a00003174.aspx

chacha_jalebi
05-03-2006, 07:09 PM
salaam

live ur day liks it ur last, so pray keep every1 hapy, do gud deeds, also ders a dua 2 make u pray 5 times a day but u gota lik make effort aswell lol, jus say "YA KHABEER" which is 1 of d ninety names of ALLAH (swt) jus keep recitin dat!! inshallah u will start prayin salaah, n bro wen u pray salaah, u jus feel all calm n heavy :) lik u feel inner peace!! n by doin salaah Allah (swt) will also help u do ur tins aswell inshallah!!!!

extinction
05-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Like it was said ......try and think this is my last day on this earth I might not see the night or when its night think you wont see the day...and inshaAllah that will be advice enough.........

anis_z24
05-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Salam,

You might hear a song, you might see a movie, you might want something(depends), these things are things that motivate you but one catch they don't last at all.

and ask me I tried them.

The best thing for motivation is the biograpgy of The Prophet(PBUH).
When you hear the goals of the campanions that the Prophet(PBUH) put for them. When you hear the situations they were in, what they said, when and how.

You want to be "cool" learn the seerah. You will change.
and yet another catch, you must find someone, or a book that gives the seerah in an interesting way.

I mean you don't want to learn it like your 7 or 10 years old ;just as a story.
The seerah is for everyone who wants to make their life better.

Fix your aim in life, start building, because the time you loose does not add up.
-Days make up the years of your life, so try to have your days successful.

lolwatever
05-06-2006, 11:30 AM
um yeh it happens every now and then, it's kinda normal as long as you take the right measuers to fix

alot of the time ppls iman falls off the cliff not so much because they're convinced that what they believe is wrong, its always to do with the fact they aren't reminded.... most of the time you know things.. but you don't recall it for a long time and no one reminds you.. and you forget and then you slowly drift

its important to stick around the right people and remind each other every now and then... i was writing this paper to a friend the other day and 99% of the stuff i was writing was teh first time i recalled them after atleast 3 years of first learning about them.. and i was so stunned at how much i 4gotten

shaytan is good at making us forget things, especially when we about to do a sin or when we start drifting.....

------
05-06-2006, 11:31 AM
shaytan is good at making us forget things, especially when we about to do a sin or when we start drifting.....
[S]Oh yeh. Deffo.[/S]

x Maz x
05-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Buraydah reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said:
The difference between them [i.e. the disbelivers] and us [i.e. the beleivers] us [the performance of] salah. Whoever abandons it has disbelieved [Related by Ahmad, Ibn Majah,Muslim, An-Nasa'i and at-Tirmidhi]

Ubadah bin Samir reported that the Prophet [Pbuh] said:
Whoever performs ablution well, offers the five obligatory prayers on time and properly completes the bowing and prostration has a covenant with Allah that He will forgive him. And whoever does not do so has no covenant with Allah; if He wishes, He may forgive him and if He wishes, He may punish him [Realted by Abu Dawud, Ahmad, and An-Nasa'i]

I think it is clear that these emphasise the importance of the performance of Salah...InshAllah i think you need to take heed and carry out your five daily prayers...Regarding lazainess...its something we all go through...jsut think as Alimah said imagine if you werent alive and the next minute you died...Make the most of what you have got in this life inshAllah akhi WalaykuAsalaam x

Qurratul Ayn
05-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Come on Brother seeker_of_ilm! Listen to all the advice given from these knowledgable and still learning Muslim Brothers and Sisters!

YOU HAVE TO KEEP ON READING SALAH!!! Fight the inner demon within you! And conquer the laziness! You HAVE to read it, it is onw the five pillars of Islam and this is what is one of them that is holding Islam to its highest rank above all religions! No matter what nowadays people say.

You have to read your Salah. Go to the local mosque with good Muslim Brother friends and/or with your family like your Father, Brothers, Uncles and so on.

My Dear Brother I used to do that and know I have read many books - Islamic - and my Mother has guided me and now I read my Salah knowing that if I don't I am COMMITTING A MAJOR SIN!

Pray to Allah Ta'ala to guide you and help you and all the Muslim Brothers and Sisters and their families for those who are struggling in this world to read Salah. I shall pray for all of you and my family to stay upon the righteous path.

Remember Brothers and Sisters, the Day of Judgement shall happen on a Friday after Asr Prayer and before Maghrib prayer but if Allah T'ala decides to bring it upon us anyday and anytime be sure to read your Salah, listen to your Mother and Father and elders and stay upon the righteous path. It always was a struggle, it is a struggle and it will always be a struggle. That is why Brothers and Sisters you all have to put your heart and mind to Allah Ta'ala.

Assalamu Alaikum
Shakirah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!