/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The anti Jewish laws in France

Joe98
05-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Jews in France are not permitted to wear a skull cap if they go to a government school or work in a government job!

This is discrimination! People should protest!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
05-04-2006, 02:04 AM
People should allowed to wear skullcaps, hijabs, turbans, huge crosses in public places.

Joe98
05-04-2006, 02:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
People should allowed to wear skullcaps, hijabs, turbans, huge crosses in public places.

they are already allowed to wear them in public places.

-

mujahedeen2087
05-04-2006, 02:11 AM
I dont like france. the people are nice. i dont like their goverment from the laws they pass.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
05-04-2006, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
they are already allowed to wear them in public places.

-
I mean in government schools and offices. But hey! I think Turkey and Tunisia did it first before France!:?

syilla
05-04-2006, 02:14 AM
i though there are cases where the muslims can't wear scarves to school in France too...?

Bittersteel
05-04-2006, 02:59 AM
the people are nice.
BS.French are worse than red neck Americans.

north_malaysian
05-04-2006, 05:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
BS.French are worse than red neck Americans.
I see no differences between French, Americans ,Jews, Arabs, Pakistanis and Malays. No ethnic group is worser than others.

Muezzin
05-04-2006, 08:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Jews in France are not permitted to wear a skull cap if they go to a government school or work in a government job!

This is discrimination! People should protest!
Are you being sarcastic perchance?

I think it's silly that religious symbols are not allowed in schools or government jobs. It makes a mockery of democracy when governments start curtailing people's deeply held religious beliefs.

mujahedeen2087
05-05-2006, 02:28 AM
the french language is the worst

NJUSA
05-05-2006, 02:31 AM
The same law that banned hijab for girls also banned skullcaps, large crosses, and I think turbans. And the French, or their language, are as fine as any on earth- and I'm not saying that just because my sweetie is half Acadian.

snakelegs
05-05-2006, 03:28 AM
france has a peculiar idea of secularism. i don't really understand what gives with them.

wilberhum
05-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Is partial truth a lie? Jews in France are not permitted to wear a skull cap if they go to a government school or work in a government job!
That is a fact! But it is written in such a way, that one would conclude that there is an anti-Semitic law stating this. Is the poster lacking in knowledge about the French Law or is his post meant to deceive?

NJUSA gets my thumbs up! She has the right answer: “The same law that banned Hijab for girls also banned skullcaps, large crosses, and I think turbans”.

Are people so shallow that they think this law was put into effect for no valid reason? If you read you will find that there is a truly valid reason. Now, I disagree with the solution, but I don’t have a better one. So maybe it is the “Least Bad” decision.

This is discrimination!
If you discriminate against every one, is it discrimination? It is not an anti Jewish law.
This kind of post is created to bring out the worst of people. To some degree it worked. French are worse than red neck Americans & the French language is the worst. I have to wonder how many French or red neck Americans this fine young Indian of 16 years has met? I also wonder how many languages one needs to study to know whish is the best and which is the worst.

When I first heard about the ban, I researched and read about the subject. Knowledge is a good thing to have before making snap decisions. Other wise people can mislead you into there bigoted stances.
Wilber

Salaam
05-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Salaam,

I heard that Nans are still allowed to wear their scarfs. Can someone confirm this???

Jazek'Allah

Joe98
05-06-2006, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Is the poster lacking in knowledge about the French Law or is his post meant to deceive?
Of course I am knowledgeable. I am trying to educate everyone else.

guyabano
05-06-2006, 08:31 AM
I can see this thread is full of rascism against France,

France do well to forbid all different kind of religious symbols in schools. If it's the christian cross, scarfs, kippas, or whatever other signs, for all of them it is equal.
School is prinicpally ment for learning and not showing off religious orientation. And when a muslim/jew/christian family want to benefit from the advantages from a foreign country but settleing down there, so please also adopt the local culture of this country.
Isn't it also, that when a westener woman comes to a muslim country, she must also hide her face by wearing a scraf? And what if this woman now will say "No, I'm Westerner woman, I have my rights, I will not wear it" What will happen in that case?

Most of you muslims always love to criticize other countries moral beliefs, but before you do it, start looking at your own place before judging !

syilla
05-06-2006, 08:43 AM
well... the one who opened this topic is not a muslim...hehe...

anyway... is this their way of democracy?

NahidSarvy
05-06-2006, 08:49 AM
The only law with which I am familiar is
Loi n° 2004-228 du 15 mars 2004 encadrant, en application du principe de laïcité, le port de signes ou de tenues manifestant une appartenance religieuse dans les écoles, collèges et lycées publics.
which bans students from wearing conspicuous religious symbols in French public (i.e. government-operated) primary and secondary schools.

Not a lot of nuns in public primary and secondary schools.

guyabano
05-06-2006, 08:50 AM
anyway... is this their way of democracy?
exactly! You don't like it, so don't live there, right?

aamirsaab
05-06-2006, 08:53 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
exactly! You don't like it, so don't live there, right?
Not much of a democractic society then is it? More like a dictatorship: "Do as we say or GTFO"

guyabano
05-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Not much of a democractic society then is it? More like a dictatorship: "Do as we say or GTFO"
hmmm, in that case, most arab countries are dictatorships, right ? There is also no chance of free expression.

guyabano
05-06-2006, 09:01 AM
since I cannot edit my posts, I make a second reply:

Oh, I don't think so it is a dictatorship in France. It's a democracy, and normally, these laws are made by a gouvernement, which the french people has elected.
So it was the decision of the french people !

To resume this thread: If you go to a forgein country, christian, asian, arab, latino or elsewhere, please adapt to their culture.

syilla
05-06-2006, 09:04 AM
oooo.... so that's how they practice democracy...

then how the ppl there practice their religion... only at home?

aamirsaab
05-06-2006, 09:09 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
hmmm, in that case, most arab countries are dictatorships, right ?
Technically yes, however, if the government actually takes into account what it's people want and implements this, then it is not a dictatorship. In france it seems as if the government just said one day: "lets ban religious symbols, we'll be uber cool this way!". France may be a democracy, but one cannot help smell the dictatorship of that law.
There is also no chance of free expression.
There are always limits when it comes to freedom, regardless of the government, as it depends mostly on what society wants (this eventually leads to a cyclical argument that quite frankly i can't be bothered to explain - too lazy). Granted, if there is no law against shouting "die pakistani, die!" (or comments of similar nature) then yes there is freedom of expression in that sense (aka UK), but I wouldn't recommend saying those comments in the middle of Bradford/Bradistan...

To resume this thread: If you go to a forgein country, christian, asian, arab, latino or elsewhere, please adapt to their culture.
Agreed.

wilberhum
05-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Joe98
If you are knowledgeable and trying to educate everyone else, why do you use half truths? Why call it an anti Jewish law? You make it sound like a law specifically targeting Jews when you know it isn’t.
That is not the way knowledgeable people who are trying to educate others do things.
I think you need to check your motives.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.