/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Phone Lovers Digest

extinction
05-04-2006, 06:34 AM
As everyone has some hobbies or things they like cellphones would rank top in my hobbies list. I noticed a few other people like cellphones also brother beliefindeath and a few others. So I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we can talk about cellphones or mobiles for you british people that aren't familiar with the word cellphone. Hopefully it can be civil and try to stay on topic which shouldn't be to hard inshaAllah. So I start with a topic... and people can continue about it or start a new one within this one. I would like to say 1stly that omg has anyone seen the line rental prices for the n80 in the U.K its like 55 pound a month on a 18 month contract...thats like 700 pounds!! I know it's an awesome phone but come on!! Thats almost the price of a pretty decent car here in the U.S.A :heated: if you like mobiles/cellphones then there are other threads similar to this one check them out if you want...
  • There is this one for cool Islamic Software click here

• Also a place where you say which phone you have click here

Ok I spoke with a supermod about this and he said he doesnt see anything wrong with it as of yet..so here goes basically also in this thread if there nokia-lovers that have nokias which they would like to unlock so they may use them on other networks I would be more than happy to assist you.
All Cell/Mobile Fone Unlocking Requests to be Submitted Here:

What i need from you is...

Imei Number: Which can be obtained by pressing *#06# or by looking underneath the battery or most definitely on the box its a 15 digit number.

The network which the fone is locked to e.g Cingular Wireless (U.S.A) or Rogers (Canada) or O2 (U.K) Al-Jawal (K.S.A) and so on...

and last but not least the Make of the phone whether it is a Nokia or Lg or any other model and please specify e.g Nokia N91 Nokia 6230 6230b Nokia 8800 and so on... if not sure on the exact make of your fone please consult ur doctor cause ur a total lost case...lol just kidding look underneath the battery in most cases it will be written there or look on the box in which the fone arrived in... that is if you didnt get it stolen off the back of a truck *ahem ahem* also please mention the country in which u purchased the fone as this matters...
NOTE: NOT ALL CELL/MOBILE PHONES CAN BE UNLOCKED VIA THIS METHOD HOWEVER IT DOESNT HURT FOR YOU TO TRY I WILL TELL YOU WHETHER YOUR FONE CAN BE UNLOCKED BY ME OR NOT ALMOST ALL NOKIAS EXCEPT FOR 6630/6680/N70/N90/N91 CAN BE UNLOCKED

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
beliefindeath
05-04-2006, 06:51 AM
Salam
thanx for advertising bro

Hehe wat can we say, cellphones rock our world...

700 hundred GBP? :muddlehea :heated: :muddlehea :heated:
Ur N91 must be almost double de cost...

Anyway when i said new N series phones, i meant de N72, N73, N93...
By the way has de N71 been launched dare?

How come ur so interested in Nokia Hafizmo? Americans like clamshells and those are wat nokia has few of...

Wassalam

P.S. Masha Allah nice thread

extinction
05-04-2006, 06:57 AM
aah see thats the question i was waiting for ....well the n71 nope not been released here...why nokia you ask? lol I dont know I just love nokia as for the american clam-shell lovers lol its such a cliche..americans arent a big consumer market cellphone wise compared to the brits....if you were to ask an average american to lock your nokia keypad im sure he would be confused...as for the n72 73 and n93 sorry havent been up to date with them as of yet but will do sooner or later...

extinction
05-04-2006, 07:15 AM
ok wow just saw some pics of the n72

the n73

and of course the n93

the n93 looks the best I think (it even has wi-fi!!)followed by the n72 and the n73 just looks plain ugly........features wise i would say n93 n73 n72......

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
beliefindeath
05-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Salam

de n72 has de 7260, 7270, 7280 look 2 it
don't you agree?

how come i and bro hafizmo are de only one's replyin dis thread. come on people show this forum wat u know about cell/mobile phones

Wassalam

extinction
05-04-2006, 07:46 AM
n72 has de 7260, 7270, 7280 look 2 it
yes it does i was about to mention it...the blockiness of that isnt so appealing....
how come i and bro hafizmo are de only one's replyin dis thread
the main posters arent around...especially bro iqram sis hatshepsut etc..

beliefindeath
05-04-2006, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hafizmo
...the blockiness of that isnt so appealing....
doesn't have front camera 2.
But N72 or 73 's back camera shutter is totally wicked

extinction
05-04-2006, 08:11 AM
do you have any idea about the video length's? longest I seen was like 50 minutes I think........

beliefindeath
05-04-2006, 08:14 AM
Salaam
wat video?
Wassalam

extinction
05-04-2006, 08:18 AM
like in the n93.72,73 do you have any idea how long the video recording on the phone will be if the setting is changed to maximum?

beliefindeath
05-04-2006, 08:34 AM
well it all depends on the capacity of the memory or else a camcorder application can be installed like ETI camcorder...

extinction
05-04-2006, 09:19 PM
cool thanks

lolwatever
05-04-2006, 09:22 PM
www.motomodders.net

its so cool.. ne of u hav V3 razr.. u can set ur fone lights to start blinking when u get a call which is pretty neat.. download the fun pack and P2K software... just make sure u read the instruction carefully

coz it is possible to fry ur fone! i done a few hacks n my fone is pretty neat.. increased volume, added new themes, when my screen turns off i hav the time as a screensaver things like that.. really neat

oh u can also jump into system files and edit defaults

btw can i ask.. does ne1 know how to attach image to a standard sms? not the mms.. like with my fone when i select normal sms i can only send images which are part of the fone default.. how do i add more to it using P2K ?

thaks in adv

extinction
05-04-2006, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
www.motomodders.net

its so cool.. ne of u hav V3 razr.. u can set ur fone lights to start blinking when u get a call which is pretty neat.. download the fun pack and P2K software... just make sure u read the instruction carefully

coz it is possible to fry ur fone! i done a few hacks n my fone is pretty neat.. increased volume, added new themes, when my screen turns off i hav the time as a screensaver things like that.. really neat

oh u can also jump into system files and edit defaults

btw can i ask.. does ne1 know how to attach image to a standard sms? not the mms.. like with my fone when i select normal sms i can only send images which are part of the fone default.. how do i add more to it using P2K ?

thaks in adv
thanks for sharing!!

lolwatever
05-04-2006, 09:27 PM
hehe np :)

Muslimaatan
05-05-2006, 03:09 AM
cool..can never live withouta cellfone these dayzz(a cool one too :-D)

extinction
05-05-2006, 05:21 AM
whats your fav cellphone then sis muslimataan?

beliefindeath
05-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Salam
Some K750i Apps

Download
Wassalam

beliefindeath
05-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Salam

This is very old news but useful for people who don't know...

September 24, 2005
Islamic Mobile Phone hits European Market

This week, mulsim prayer phone Ilkone, (meaning Arabic for universe), went on sale in the Netherlands for its European debut, according to Oranian Quran News Agency.

"It will be followed by launches in France, Germany, Italy, Denmark, Belgium and Bosnia in coming months. No launch date was mentioned for the US.

The Ilkone i800 generates five automated reminders a day at prayer time, points Muslims in the direction of Mecca and contains a complete, authorized version of the Islamic holy book, the Quran, in Arabic and English.

Made by the Dubai, United Arab Emirates-based startup Samcom, Ilkone's entry into the European market follows a successful introduction in the Middle East and Asia, where it is available in 23 countries.

Advertised as "the first and only Islamic phone that gives you access to your beliefs wherever you are," it retails in Dutch telecommunications outlets for Euro 289 (US$356), excluding a mobile phone subscription."

Wasalam

Z
05-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Salaam.

Although I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think this 'unlocking' thing sounds illegal. Anyway.

Since you consider yourself the mobile phone know-guy, I'm looking to buy my next phone in a few months insha Allah. I've had this one for like 3 years, and it's catching up now. I need some suggestions which way to go.

Bear in mind, I don't change phones every month, or few months - I'm sensible I know ... so yeah, it must be something that'll stay in for a while. I want to go with a flip model now, and I like Nokia. The rest are just lame. I can pay, but I like my pennies worth.

Shoot me already, but I really like 6101. What do you think?

Muslimaatan
05-05-2006, 10:17 PM
whats your fav cellphone then sis muslimataan?
i juss got da pink razor..cuz my other fone fell in da water..it WAS my fav..now i miss my old one..u noe y..cuz da buttonz..i can text madd fast on em..da razor is madd slow 4 textin..i get bord..i don text n e more..it takes 4 ever!!

beliefindeath
05-06-2006, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z
Salaam.

Although I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think this 'unlocking' thing sounds illegal. Anyway.

Since you consider yourself the mobile phone know-guy, I'm looking to buy my next phone in a few months insha Allah. I've had this one for like 3 years, and it's catching up now. I need some suggestions which way to go.

Bear in mind, I don't change phones every month, or few months - I'm sensible I know ... so yeah, it must be something that'll stay in for a while. I want to go with a flip model now, and I like Nokia. The rest are just lame. I can pay, but I like my pennies worth.

Salam

6101 phone specifications

Its an OK phone but have u noticed dat de cam is VGA and dare's no bluetooth and dare's no cardslot only 4 mb of space

How much is it in ur local stores?

Wassalam

lolwatever
05-06-2006, 09:37 AM
no offense but i reckon they're crap compared to motorola SLVR L7

u got upto 512 MB internal storage, blue tooth, P2T (push to talk.. walkie talkie feature), mms and all the rest
yeh it only got VGA but the quality isn't that attrocious... and u can record video with it too

just one thing... friend of mine has it and there's an annoying feature about it.. it seems to limit how much sms u can store in it even though teh fone has 4MB free in its internal mem, and 80MB free in its SD ram (the itnernal removable storage)

beliefindeath
05-07-2006, 06:13 AM
It maybe crap compared to de SLVR L7
But bro Z mentioned dat he wanted a nokia clamshell

If you wanna see de SLVR L7, check this link out -
Comparison between Motorola SLVR L7 and Nokia 6101

And if ur still looking for a nokia clamshell, check this link out -
Nokia 6260
Its way better dan 6101 plus applications can be installed onto it.

And if ur really ready to cough up a lot of money to buy a phone, check these links out -
Nokia N90 (i personally wouldn't recomend this cuz its kinda ugly and too big. Not many people bought it when it first came out to de market)
Nokia N71 (This will be more expensive dan the N90 and i'm not sure if its available in ur area right now. You can wait for it if u wanna go bankrupt for dis phone(just kidding) )

aakhirah
05-08-2006, 10:20 AM
:sl:

The Nokia 6260 doesn't work out to be that expensive if that suits your fancy.

:w:

A.

MetSudaisTwice
05-08-2006, 10:21 AM
salam
lol i love my sony ericsson k750i, it is a nice phone too
wasalam

amirah_87
05-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Hey Guys I Heard That Mobile Fones Give Ppl Sum Sort Of Ear Damage ....is That True ????

I Like The Motorla V3x.....thats A Wicked 1 !!!!!!!

lolwatever
05-08-2006, 09:41 PM
a friend of mine doing med done a research essay on it, and he was telling me something along lines of 'u cant really make solid conclusion coz they've onlyeen around for a short period of time so u cant c the full effects of radiation'...

lolwatever
05-08-2006, 09:42 PM
oh but u asked about EAR infection.. he done it on brain tumur.. no idea sorry

fantaxxy_moon
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
why do u consider this as an illegal mobile?
Salaam.

MetSudaisTwice
05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
salam
i still havent fot an islamic app for sony ericcson k750i, the ones that have been posted does not work
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Salam
Main reason for it is that the apps that have been posted are for series 60 symbian phones. I don't know if the k750i is one of them. You can swap with me for an N70 if you want. I'm sick of them. In my opinion they're not very good. Keep crashing and other problems aswell.
Wassalam

lolwatever
05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
does anyone know whether sms's are stored on the fone companies server or on the simcard itself? coz its annoying how the inbox always seems to run out space after 90 or so sms's (both ingoing and outgoing)

thx in adv

ishkabab
05-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Salaam.

i would say u should go with this cell......REALLY!! for a sensible guy like u...i just got this phone recently..
The Samsung D600...
attachmentphp?attachmentid1292&ampstc1&ampd1147207184 -
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_d600-1103.php

hinda
05-09-2006, 08:50 PM
this might sound so negative, as i am talking to those who are basically in love with cellphones. Well you see, i dont knw why a person needs a cellphone, i myself dont have one and ppl find it strage when i tell them i dont have a mobile, coz they basically expect me to have one and they totally dont believe. So my question to you lot is what do u benefit from everytime getting a new phone and wasting your money on it, while you can spend it on a good cause.

lolwatever
05-10-2006, 12:42 AM
lol ur so true
personally i made sure i got the best of the best when i got my first fone.. and i guess i do add little gizmos n stuff to it, but besides that, who cares about what other things there are on the market hehe...

well ill only buy a new one if i drop my fone in a bucket of water one day hehe

mind u mob fones can b so important when things come up and u need to tell others about immediate changes 2 schedule.. especially in corporate world and even as far as family commitments n stuff is concerned.

MetSudaisTwice
05-10-2006, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Salam
Main reason for it is that the apps that have been posted are for series 60 symbian phones. I don't know if the k750i is one of them. You can swap with me for an N70 if you want. I'm sick of them. In my opinion they're not very good. Keep crashing and other problems aswell.
Wassalam
salam
no way bro, k750i is much better than n70, and i love my phone to be honest
wasalam

mizan_aliashraf
05-10-2006, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
no way bro, k750i is much better than n70, and i love my phone to be honest
wasalam

Salam
I think they are the same in terms of spec, but the K750i is way more reliable.
My younger brother has one, in fact he's had it since it came out and it hasn't crashed once. Shame i cannot say the same for my phones
Wassalam

beliefindeath
05-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Salam

Check out this rad new phone
Good for joggers, athletes and people who go to the gym...

Today Nokia announced a sporty mobile phone which is sophisticated enough to satisfy your technological needs on every level. The name of the model is 5500 Sport and it implies that its for all those that seek an active live day in and day out.

The phone offers an elegant design with a splash and dust resistant stainless steel body and rubber grips. It's water and dust resistant and has dimensions of 107x45x18 with a total weight of 103 gr. It has a square 262K colors display with a resolution of 208x208 pixels along with a 2 megapixel camera which would take pictures of up to 1600x1200 pixels resolution and record video of up to 176x144 pixels resolution.

Nokia 5500 Sport is not just an ordinary phone. It's a full-featured smartphone with Symbian OS and S60 user interface. It is equipped with Bluetooth, Infrared port, USB support, GPRS class 10, EDGE class 10, as well as a microSD card slot that would support cards with capacities of up to 1GB. MP3 player and FM radio will please the music lovers.

The best thing about it is that Nokia 5500 Sport is not an ordinary smartphone, either. It has three working modes which are easily interchanged with a single press of a button - the normal phone mode along with the special music mode and sport mode. The handset features exclusive sports features such as pedometer for monitoring the distance traveled and the calories burnt, as well as a text-to-speech module which will read you the status of your workout or the contents of your incoming messages during workout. According to the official statements, the triband (GSM 900/1800/1900MHz) Nokia 5500 Sport will be available somewhere in the summer this year and will be sold at around 300EUR

Nokia 5500 sport full specifications

Wassalam

beliefindeath
05-11-2006, 03:11 PM
salam
i still havent fot an islamic app for sony ericcson k750i, the ones that have been posted does not work
wasalam
Salam

As I said before, de apps i posted on this thread aren't related to Islam.
It's a zipped file. so make sure u unzip it and copy de files INSIDE the folder to ur phone. try this and tell me how it works...

Wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
05-12-2006, 10:44 AM
salam
so how and what do i do with an islamic app for k750i? i download the link, and then what?
jazakallah for this
wasalam

beliefindeath
05-16-2006, 03:29 PM
salam
so how and what do i do with an islamic app for k750i? i download the link, and then what?
jazakallah for this
wasalam
Salam

There isn't any Islamic software here for K750i but if u've downloaded it from another source, if its a zipped file extract it first, transfer it to ur phone via data cable, bluetooth, infra-red. from your phones explorer application open the file. hope this helps.

Wassalam

beliefindeath
05-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Salam

Bro hafizmo how do we get de IMEI number if the phone has a sim lock and the sim is not a compatible sim. I know dat som phones can be turned on in offline mode but what about de other.

Wassalam

muslim@
05-16-2006, 10:07 PM
the samsung d600 is fab......but I have the sony ericson w550i and thats a fantasticphone,looks good,feels good ,IS good 10/10.............can anyone get a pic of it hre?i dunno how..................fabulous phone-wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cool

ishkabab
05-17-2006, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim@
the samsung d600 is fab......but I have the sony ericson w550i and thats a fantasticphone,looks good,feels good ,IS good 10/10.............can anyone get a pic of it hre?i dunno how..................fabulous phone-wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cool
sony ericson w550i
attachmentphp?attachmentid1334&ampstc1&ampd1147874130 -

ishkabab
05-17-2006, 02:01 PM
but i still like my Samsung D600....;)

extinction
05-29-2006, 01:01 AM
anyone like the nokia 9500?

ishkabab
05-30-2006, 09:51 PM
anyone like the nokia 9500?
its ok but dont like it dat much it reminds me of those pocket calculators/phone diary;D ...but its an ok phone

ishkabab
05-30-2006, 09:53 PM
here it is for anybody that wants to see it....>>

attachmentphp?attachmentid1453&ampstc1&ampd1149025984 -

beliefindeath
06-01-2006, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
its ok but dont like it dat much it reminds me of those pocet clculators/phone diary;D ...but its an ok phone
Salam
lol... ya reminds me of the organizer gizmos. Personal opinion - i really don't like it. Bcuz of its shape and blockiness and de way it opens. The front screen is too small and to use its cool features u gotta open it like some palmtop or something.

Wassalam

Helena
06-01-2006, 02:47 PM
:sl:

but recently am into n91...well not moi my bro...hw can i leave samsung phones for nokia...neva i guess....

Hope hafizmo can provide more info on this inshalah.....as its way expensive in uk.....

finally changed ur avatar...looks better...

:w:

Daffodil
06-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Asalamulaikum

I needed to get a new fone a few weeks ago n ended up getting the crappiest fone in the world "motorola v3" after a week i gave it back n swapped it for the samsung d500, i didnt want a nokia as its on the boycott list n i take my boycotts seriously. any how the v3 is such a crap fone, the only ok things about it is the flat keypad n the picture quality n the looks thats all. i orignaly wanted the pink one but the guy in the shop goes dnt bother as the paint scratches off n makes it look real ugly so i got the silver one.

the problems i had with the fone was endless....the screen goes off n on for no aparant reason, my calls got cut off so many times, even wen i went on wap it kept going off, its so extremely slow, it takes mick scrolling through pics, it dnt even have voice record facility, the memory is whackkkkk, i cudnt even send one mp3 track because it sed file too big n it was just a normal length nasheed. its not ergonomically designed ur fingers n hand have to do some belly dancing just to press them soft key buttons on the side. the blue tooth dnt even stay on, it givs u 60 secs max thats all. such a crappy crappy fone that fone makes me so angry when i see it. grrr.

any ways i gve that fone back n changed it for the samsung d500, the d600 was a bit too expensive for me so didnt get that one. any how the d500 is a wikiddd fone, at first i thought it was ugly but its proper grown on me, i love it, its so slick n i love sliding it up n down, its got flash wikidddd memory, ive put like bare nasheeds n tilawat on it as well as loads of pics. it can store like 1000 pics or 60 mins of mp3. it has an mp3 player, its loud as in u can actually hear the person on the other end!! actually its a bit too loud i have to turn the volume down but thats a gud thing cuz wen ur in a busy environment u can turn it up. its got everything i need in a fone, its the best i love it so much, its gawjus mashallah. no complaints wht soever. actually i do have one, it didnt come with a usb cable, n for 130 quid ud think theyd giv u one, but no probs i bought a blue tooth dongle off ebay for a couple quid so no fuss or mess with annoying cables, its wikiddd i love it.

asalamulaikum

extinction
12-01-2006, 05:08 AM
Salaams havent posted here in months..but anyhow I just got a Samsung D900(even though im an advocate of NOkias) I just want to say pssht its a waste of money...even though it has a 3mp camera I think my N80 or even my reallly old N70 and yes even the N91 can take a better picture and that phones been dropped more than a rotund egg(humpty-dumpty)

Daffodil
12-02-2006, 01:12 AM
whats that new pink samsung thingy, whats it called, any one got link to it i cant be bothered to find it as its 1 in the morning.

Rabiyal
12-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Brother Hafizmo, I was wondering if you could help me out. I see that you don't know much about motorola phones since you work with Nokia, but I have tried everywhere the moto site that's in one of the posts eariler. I have Motorola l2 SLVR as far as I know all the unlocking companies on the net charge money and even then they don't have an unlock for L2. all the other forums say to flash it, but I am scared of doing that, cuz if I go one step wrong it a dead phone in my hand.
I know L2 isn't one of the good phones but it was just $15 CAD with a plan. Plus it's a world phone so it was a priorty for me.
So any suggestions on how to unlock this thing??
Thanks
Rabiya

extinction
09-01-2008, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by beliefindeath
Salam

Bro hafizmo how do we get de IMEI number if the phone has a sim lock and the sim is not a compatible sim. I know dat som phones can be turned on in offline mode but what about de other.

Wassalam
Replying two years later lol, (literally), if you still care to know most phones have it written on the back underneath the battery, otherwise on the box of the phone.

faizan786
09-04-2008, 04:58 AM
Cell phones, like everything else, are in style one day and out of style the next...

This kind of reminds of Pakistan and how expensive cell phones are stolen at gunpoint.

Anyways, nice thread.

extinction
07-01-2009, 05:05 AM
Salaam,

Considering this thread started three years ago I'd say they are still very much in fashion and wow have we come a long way from Samsung D900's LOL

alcurad
07-01-2009, 05:49 AM
man, this is one immortal thread :)

saabuldin
07-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I have bought a Nokia N85 and i really like it. I had a Nokia E71 before for only a week but i sold it cause its more of a business phone. I made profit on it anyway so it all good

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.