/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and school uniform dilemma documantary

islamic92uk
05-04-2006, 12:57 PM
The Education Dilemma: Uniform
This documentary scrutinizes some of the problems Muslims face in British Education by taking the uniform dilemma as a case study. It attempts to give a voice to Rehana Pervin, a Secondary English Teacher, who discusses this matter in detail. It includes Muslims from different professions raising their experiences and concerns. The documentary also includes an exclusive interview with Shabina Begum of the Luton court case, who faced the uniform dilemma and explains to the viewers as to why such problems exist in the first place.

Check out iqramedia website
http://www.iqramedia.co.uk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
x Maz x
05-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Oh purleeeeeeees dont even get me started on the Shabinah case...Peace! x

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2006, 03:32 PM
salam
the best of uniform for me is the thobe and red scarf
wasalam

Kittygyal
05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
the best of uniform for me is the thobe and red scarf
wasalam

salam,

erm.. bro what is a thobe and the red scarf:?

w.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
x Maz x
05-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Funny thing is...the hijaab/jilbaab is supposed to gaurd your modesty and NOT attract attention and with that Shabinah what did it do? Why run to the media? I mean at the end of the day she could have easily entered Puttrige High school if where they allowed her to practice her religion and wear the jilbaab...Allah forgive me for saying anything wrong WalaykumAsalaam x

MetSudaisTwice
05-04-2006, 03:41 PM
salam
thobe is a long white dress for men and a red scarf is the traditional arabian scarf
a normal pic below
Dress
wasalam

strider
05-04-2006, 04:53 PM
there is no major 'dilemma' when it comes to the uniform. most schools accomodate for Muslim students to wear the hijab and dress modestly. no school only has short skirts on their uniform protocol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.