/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A dream

glo
05-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I am not the sort of person who has many dreams, or remembers them easily.

But this morning I woke up with a very vivid image of white cherry blossoms and red flowers from the flowering currant.
And two words were clearly in my mind:

Tenderness and Grace

Do you think this is significant?
Or did I just eat too much cheese last might? :giggling:

(Where is Joseph, when you need him?)

Peace.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi'ya
05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
hey glo :)

good question, i often wonder what my dreams mean...

I would just like to point out that no-one on this board is qualified to answer your question correctly...although they may be able to find info from other sites.

This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.(forum guidelines)

It would certainly be VERY usedful to have the knowledge of the Prohpet Yusuf on board nowadays...He was truly a blessed person :)

peace!

Rabi'ya:rose:

glo
05-05-2006, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
hey glo :)

good question, i often wonder what my dreams mean...

I would just like to point out that no-one on this board is qualified to answer your question correctly...although they may be able to find info from other sites.

This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.(forum guidelines)[/COLOUR]

It would certainly be VERY usedful to have the knowledge of the Prohpet Yusuf on board nowadays...He was truly a blessed person :)

peace!

Hi Rabi'ya

Was it not okay to post this thread? :X
I'm not sure what a fiqh is ...

I was just interested in people's opinions, rather than a scholarly interpretation.
But it this thread is out of bounds, feel free to close it.
(I know you have the power!) :giggling:

Blessings.

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 11:34 AM
there are three types of dreams-1-from the devil,(seek protection from Allah and do NOT tell anyone of it(dream))
2-from Allah (glad tidings-we should thank him for these and only tell those we love(who care for us))
3-our own thoughts
i think this hadeeth is in bukhari

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-05-2006, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
there are three types of dreams-1-from the devil,(seek protection from Allah and do NOT tell anyone of it(dream))
2-from Allah (glad tidings-we should thank him for these and only tell those we love(who care for us))
3-our own thoughts
I agree with that.

How do we know which is which? :rollseyes

Blessings.

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Hi Rabi'ya

Was it not okay to post this thread? :X
I'm not sure what a fiqh is ...

I was just interested in people's opinions, rather than a scholarly interpretation.
But it this thread is out of bounds, feel free to close it.
(I know you have the power!) :giggling:

Blessings.
the prophet (saw) said that the first to interpret a dream-their interpretation of it comes true
(that's why u should only tell those u love of the dream because they will not hope anything bad for u)

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I agree with that.

How do we know which is which? :rollseyes

Blessings.
good dreams are from Allah and bad dreams are from the devil (or could be ur own troubled thoughts)

j4763
05-05-2006, 11:37 AM
3-our own thoughts
How can you tell the difference? Nightmare = dream from devil?

Umu 'Isa
05-05-2006, 11:43 AM
okayy well i have a book called, 'Authentic interpretation of the dreams, According to Quraan and Sunnah' by Dr. Ahmed Fareeed

and it says about flowers:
Al-Baghawi said: "Dreaming of flowers and narcissus (daffodil) may be intepreted as a sign of short stay because they do not last long, and dreaming of myrtle (an evergreen shrub with shiny leaves and sweet smelling white flowers) may be interpreted as a long stay, because it lasts longer. It is reported that a woman asked an interpreted of dreams, in a place called Ahwaaz, by saying: 'I have seen, in my dream, that as if my husband has given me a narcissus and gave his other wife a myrtle.' He replied: 'Your husband will divorce you, but keep his other wife.'
it doesnt say anything else about flowers... and nothing about those words..

Tania
05-05-2006, 11:43 AM
This dream can't have a bad meaning because the trees and flowers symbolize the spring. May be its about a new beginning :embarrass

glo
05-05-2006, 11:47 AM
the prophet (saw) said that the first to interpret a dream-their interpretation of it comes true
(that's why u should only tell those u love of the dream because they will not hope anything bad for u)
Sorry, but that sounds like superstition to me!

Muslim Soldier
05-05-2006, 11:48 AM
maybe you read a book about flowers before sleeping

Devoted
05-05-2006, 11:53 AM
I thought dreams were JUST dreams...i'm a lil' confused now so dreams can actually tell us something about the future ???:?

Rabi'ya
05-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi glo,

hope you see why i posted that before....no-one is really qualified to give an answer....but you can always draw ideas from the other members here.

Im only gonna close the thread if it goes totally outta hand.

Marge1 - have u got the reference for that hadeeth?

:w:

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Hi glo,

hope you see why i posted that before....no-one is really qualified to give an answer....but you can always draw ideas from the other members here.

Im only gonna close the thread if it goes totally outta hand.

Marge1 - have u got the reference for that hadeeth?

ref. for which hadeeth?

Rabi'ya
05-05-2006, 02:00 PM
3-our own thoughts
^^^that one which u gave above..

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:04 PM
^^^that one which u gave above..

like i said-i think it's in Bukhari but i'll double check when i get home insha llah.

Muslim Soldier
05-05-2006, 02:11 PM
I think this is the one
format_quote Originally Posted by Volume 9, Book 87, Number 144:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "When the Day of Resurrection approaches, the dreams of a believer will hardly fail to come true, and a dream of a believer is one of forty-six parts of prophetism, and whatever belongs to prothetism can never be false." Muhammad bin Sirin said, "But I say this." He said, "It used to be said, 'There are three types of dreams: The reflection of one's thoughts and experiences one has during wakefulness, what is suggested by Satan to frighten the dreamer, or glad tidings from Allah. So, if someone has a dream which he dislikes, he should not tell it to others, but get up and offer a prayer." He added, "He (Abu Huraira) hated to see a Ghul (i.e., iron collar around his neck in a dream) and people liked to see fetters (on their feet in a dream). The fetters on the feet symbolizes one's constant and firm adherence to religion." And Abu 'Abdullah said, "Ghuls (iron collars) are used only for necks."

Muhammad
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
:sl:

We have another thread entitled 'Dream Thread' where there has been some discussion on this subject already. The hadeeth has been mentioned here, here and here.

It also contains various links about dreams and other information.

Rabi'ya
05-05-2006, 02:13 PM
jazakAllah kheir MuslimSoldier, and brother Muhammad - good links:)

Muslim Soldier
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM
youre welcome

------
05-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Respecrt for the links bro! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.