/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do YOu think when...??

Devoted
05-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Salaam Alaaykoum

I was watching this show on tv, don't remember the name anymore, anyways..It was about islam and some people would go out on the streets and ask people what is the first thing that comes up in their minds when they hear ISLAM.

The answers where quite shocking, not once did i hear a postive comment instead most of the people answered with this: ...Terrorists, Scared, Osama Bin Laden, Bombs etc:uhwhat yaayks is this the view non-muslims have about islam.

Seriously what do you all think when you hear the name islam?:?

w.salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijaabi22
05-05-2006, 01:07 PM
I think [BANANA]PEACE[/BANANA] I think [BANANA]BEAUTIFUL[/BANANA] I think [BANANA]WAY OF LIFE [/BANANA]I think all things gud

Its pathetic ppl judgin our religion when they havent a clue about any of it

Jus cos of the actions of a few the whole religion is given a bad name as well as those followin it!!

Malaikah
05-05-2006, 01:08 PM
:sl:

i just think 'thats my religion'

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:11 PM
i think peace and submission by following the quran and sunnah and i also think , ALLAHU AKBAR!

nothin but good comes to my mind wen i think islam and nothin but peace do i feel :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-05-2006, 01:11 PM
I think 'different' and 'if only we could relate to each other better'

Which is why I'm here ... :)

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

well i sincerely hope we relate a little better lol, any progress? :)

ma541
05-05-2006, 01:13 PM
unique and peace and tranquility

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 01:14 PM

aww-so sweet-well i hope God enlightens you and us- ameen!

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:14 PM
^ AmeeN :)

ma541
05-05-2006, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
aww-so sweet-well i hope God enlightens you and us- ameen!

2 rite sis

Hijaabi22
05-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Itd Be Wikd 2 Hear The View Sof Other Non Muslims On This

Get Ya Posts Rollin In!

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 01:39 PM
When I hear the word Islam I just think :

ALLAH

Submission

How to make sure I die on the straight path :offended:

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
Itd Be Wikd 2 Hear The View Sof Other Non Muslims On This

Get Ya Posts Rollin In!
yep ROOT, HEIGOU ETC COME ON!!!!

------
05-05-2006, 01:53 PM
I think.............SUBHANALLAH!

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2006, 02:08 PM
salam
i think allah and our Prophet SAW
wasalam

Rabi'ya
05-05-2006, 02:11 PM
I smile....i dont think theres any single words to express that kind of feeling that Islam brings to a person

however ,i do wish that others understood us better, and we could relate to other faiths better....as glo said :)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

glo
05-05-2006, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
well i sincerely hope we relate a little better lol, any progress? :)
You bet!
Two weeks have taught me a lot ... and a still have a few brain cells spare ...so I hope I'll keep learning. :statisfie

Peace.

Ayesha Rana
05-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

I think submission, Jannah and devotion.

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM
i see a world full of peace and the strength of muslim brotherhood-wish it were real nowadays too like in the time of prophet (saw)...:(

Nawal89
05-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I think: The truth, beautiful.

05-05-2006, 02:20 PM
I think peace, tranquility. it just reminds me of a big family - the ummah.

shariq_0189
05-05-2006, 02:30 PM
well ofcourse most muslims would think its beautiful, peaceful..etc ofcourrse. But it would be nice to hear from the non muslims what they thought the first time they heard of islam.

glo
05-05-2006, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shariq_0189
well ofcourse most muslims would think its beautiful, peaceful..etc ofcourrse. But it would be nice to hear from the non muslims what they thought the first time they heard of islam.
Well, I've said my bit ...

But i guess that most non-Muslims in this forum have a certain openness/tolerance/interest in Islam - otherwise they wouldn't be here in the first place. I don't think you'll get a view representative of the general population.

Consider though, how Muslim people may appear to the non-Muslim eye.
I have said before (in another thread) that I find my Muslim neighbours very distant and cool.
In fact my perception of Muslim people has changed considerably since I have found this forum.
I may not always agree with people's views - in fact I find some things I read downright outrageous (:rollseyes ) ... but at least I am learning where people are coming from. :)

Blessings.

05-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Well, I've said my bit ...

But i guess that most non-Muslims in this forum have a certain openness/tolerance/interest in Islam - otherwise they wouldn't be here in the first place. I don't think you'll get a view representative of the general population.

Consider though, how Muslim people may appear to the non-Muslim eye.
I have said before (in another thread) that I find my Muslim neighbours very distant and cool.
In fact my perception of Muslim people has changed considerably since I have found this forum.
I may not always agree with people's views - in fact I find some things I read downright outrageous (:rollseyes ) ... but at least I am learning where people are coming from. :)

Blessings.
That's nice to hear.

Devoted
05-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Yes, I also think of many nice things when I hear Islam,PEACE Happiness Tolerance ALLAH but then again I am A muslim((hamdullilah)) and most people judge without knowing anything or based on prejudices, that is so sad:(:heated:

*noor
05-05-2006, 05:58 PM
when i hear the word Islam, i think "Allah"

ishkabab
05-05-2006, 06:00 PM
i think to my self...
SubhanAllah....Alhamdulilah....
ALLAHUAKBAR!!!!!
:thumbs_up :peace: :smile:

Devoted
05-05-2006, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ishkabab
i think to my self...
SubhanAllah....Alhamdulilah....
ALLAHUAKBAR!!!!!
:thumbs_up :peace: :smile:
:bravo:

rubiesand
05-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I think of peace and life.

Kittygyal
05-05-2006, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------
I think [BANANA]PEACE[/BANANA] I think [BANANA]BEAUTIFUL[/BANANA] I think [BANANA]WAY OF LIFE [/BANANA]I think all things gud

salam,
me too sis :happy:
w.salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!