PDA

View Full Version : What do YOu think when...??



Devoted
05-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Salaam Alaaykoum

I was watching this show on tv, don't remember the name anymore, anyways..It was about islam and some people would go out on the streets and ask people what is the first thing that comes up in their minds when they hear ISLAM.

The answers where quite shocking, not once did i hear a postive comment instead most of the people answered with this: ...Terrorists, Scared, Osama Bin Laden, Bombs etc:uhwhat yaayks is this the view non-muslims have about islam.

Seriously what do you all think when you hear the name islam?:?

w.salaam
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijaabi22
05-05-2006, 01:07 PM
I think [BANANA]PEACE[/BANANA] I think [BANANA]BEAUTIFUL[/BANANA] I think [BANANA]WAY OF LIFE [/BANANA]I think all things gud

Its pathetic ppl judgin our religion when they havent a clue about any of it

Jus cos of the actions of a few the whole religion is given a bad name as well as those followin it!!
Reply

Malaikah
05-05-2006, 01:08 PM
:sl:

i just think 'thats my religion'
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:11 PM
i think peace and submission by following the quran and sunnah and i also think , ALLAHU AKBAR!

nothin but good comes to my mind wen i think islam and nothin but peace do i feel :)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
glo
05-05-2006, 01:11 PM
I think 'different' and 'if only we could relate to each other better'

Which is why I'm here ... :)
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by glo
I think 'different' and 'if only we could relate to each other better'

Which is why I'm here ... :)
well i sincerely hope we relate a little better lol, any progress? :)
Reply

ma541
05-05-2006, 01:13 PM
unique and peace and tranquility
Reply

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by glo
I think 'different' and 'if only we could relate to each other better'

Which is why I'm here ... :)
aww-so sweet-well i hope God enlightens you and us- ameen!
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:14 PM
^ AmeeN :)
Reply

ma541
05-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by marge1
aww-so sweet-well i hope God enlightens you and us- ameen!

2 rite sis
Reply

Hijaabi22
05-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Itd Be Wikd 2 Hear The View Sof Other Non Muslims On This

Get Ya Posts Rollin In!
Reply

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 01:39 PM
When I hear the word Islam I just think :

ALLAH

Submission

How to make sure I die on the straight path :offended:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
05-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by ------------
Itd Be Wikd 2 Hear The View Sof Other Non Muslims On This

Get Ya Posts Rollin In!
yep ROOT, HEIGOU ETC COME ON!!!!
Reply

------
05-05-2006, 01:53 PM
I think.............SUBHANALLAH!
Reply

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2006, 02:08 PM
salam
i think allah and our Prophet SAW
wasalam
Reply

Rabi'ya
05-05-2006, 02:11 PM
I smile....i dont think theres any single words to express that kind of feeling that Islam brings to a person

however ,i do wish that others understood us better, and we could relate to other faiths better....as glo said :)

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:
Reply

glo
05-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
well i sincerely hope we relate a little better lol, any progress? :)
You bet!
Two weeks have taught me a lot ... and a still have a few brain cells spare ...so I hope I'll keep learning. :statisfie

Peace.
Reply

Ayesha Rana
05-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

I think submission, Jannah and devotion.
Reply

IceQueen~
05-05-2006, 02:18 PM
i see a world full of peace and the strength of muslim brotherhood-wish it were real nowadays too like in the time of prophet (saw)...:(
Reply

Nawal89
05-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I think: The truth, beautiful.
Reply

...
05-05-2006, 02:20 PM
I think peace, tranquility. it just reminds me of a big family - the ummah.
Reply

shariq_0189
05-05-2006, 02:30 PM
well ofcourse most muslims would think its beautiful, peaceful..etc ofcourrse. But it would be nice to hear from the non muslims what they thought the first time they heard of islam.
Reply

glo
05-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by shariq_0189
well ofcourse most muslims would think its beautiful, peaceful..etc ofcourrse. But it would be nice to hear from the non muslims what they thought the first time they heard of islam.
Well, I've said my bit ...

But i guess that most non-Muslims in this forum have a certain openness/tolerance/interest in Islam - otherwise they wouldn't be here in the first place. I don't think you'll get a view representative of the general population.

Consider though, how Muslim people may appear to the non-Muslim eye.
I have said before (in another thread) that I find my Muslim neighbours very distant and cool.
In fact my perception of Muslim people has changed considerably since I have found this forum.
I may not always agree with people's views - in fact I find some things I read downright outrageous (:rollseyes ) ... but at least I am learning where people are coming from. :)

Blessings.
Reply

...
05-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Well, I've said my bit ...

But i guess that most non-Muslims in this forum have a certain openness/tolerance/interest in Islam - otherwise they wouldn't be here in the first place. I don't think you'll get a view representative of the general population.

Consider though, how Muslim people may appear to the non-Muslim eye.
I have said before (in another thread) that I find my Muslim neighbours very distant and cool.
In fact my perception of Muslim people has changed considerably since I have found this forum.
I may not always agree with people's views - in fact I find some things I read downright outrageous (:rollseyes ) ... but at least I am learning where people are coming from. :)

Blessings.
That's nice to hear.
Reply

Devoted
05-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Yes, I also think of many nice things when I hear Islam,PEACE Happiness Tolerance ALLAH but then again I am A muslim((hamdullilah)) and most people judge without knowing anything or based on prejudices, that is so sad:(:heated:
Reply

*noor
05-05-2006, 05:58 PM
when i hear the word Islam, i think "Allah"
Reply

ishkabab
05-05-2006, 06:00 PM
i think to my self...
SubhanAllah....Alhamdulilah....
ALLAHUAKBAR!!!!!
:thumbs_up :peace: :smile:
Reply

Devoted
05-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by ishkabab
i think to my self...
SubhanAllah....Alhamdulilah....
ALLAHUAKBAR!!!!!
:thumbs_up :peace: :smile:
:bravo:
Reply

rubiesand
05-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I think of peace and life.
Reply

Kittygyal
05-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by ------------
I think [BANANA]PEACE[/BANANA] I think [BANANA]BEAUTIFUL[/BANANA] I think [BANANA]WAY OF LIFE [/BANANA]I think all things gud

salam,
me too sis :happy:
w.salam
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!