/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Surahs that you find easy or hard?

Arwa
05-04-2005, 06:18 PM
:sl:

I thought I'd make this thread so that we don't intervene with other Surah Mulk thread and this way, we will not be going off topic! :sister:

i found last part of sure sajdah hard ..it took me two days to learn that part (just after th sajdah)
Really? :s

Surah Jinn was very tough for me, in the first 15 ayats, i kept mixing them up. But i got them ALhamdulillah
n according to me, tht's the toughest surah in the qur'an,
wow subhanallah :sister: I think that surah is pretty easy alhamdulillah :zip:

in Juzz tabarak its surah Insan (dahr) and surah Jinn deffinately the rest of the Juzz *should* be no problem inshAllah
totallly agree akhis, jin + dhar/insaan r definately hard.
Omg! no way! surah insan/dahr HARD?!
loooool
wow I find Surah Insan very easy.. haha well ok I memorised it for a Qur'an competion last year and it wasn't hard. :sister:

oh yeah.. Surah Nazi'aat isn' hard either :-[

Well.. they are just my opinions.. not that I have memorised the Qur'an but just my 2 cents! :thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Arwa
05-04-2005, 06:20 PM

Oh yeah!

Someone mentioned Surah Mujadilah?
Wel that's easy peasy! :sister: however.. I still get confused between ayah 2 and 3 :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Sister Im serious, Insaan took me 3 days and Jinn dont even ask (1 and a half week :()

You shud do hifz sister. It doensnt matter, do it yourself. then later find someone to recite it too. you shud do it.

chek out this link for tips on Hifz:

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=1995

wasalam

Ibn Syed
05-04-2005, 10:59 PM
I thought for me surah Saff was the easiest. Jinn keeps getting mixed up with me.
I thought Insan was medium. Mursalat was tough for me. I memorized Yasin in 3 days. Easy. I kept getting mixed up with Rahman though. Waqiah was medium.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
05-04-2005, 11:14 PM

Sis Arwa...you really should become a hafizah. :wub:

lol...I'm realllllly looking forward to Surah Jinn. :zip:

Only one that sorta confused me was Surah Qalam in the beginning...and yeh same for Surah Naziat. :) But then I'm not that far into it anyway. ;D And Surah Yasin and Sajdah and Waaqiah are easy. *nods*

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-04-2005, 11:19 PM
i know saff basically (exception of 4 - 5 ayats) and i listened to it for only like 6 days .

Hasr loooks extremely easy. And Mumatinah a piece of Cake Inshallah

Ibn Syed
05-04-2005, 11:22 PM
It took me two days listening to Shuraim on the computer to memorize Saff. Real easy.

Arwa
05-04-2005, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687
Sister Im serious, Insaan took me 3 days and Jinn dont even ask (1 and a half week :()

You shud do hifz sister. It doensnt matter, do it yourself. then later find someone to recite it too. you shud do it.

chek out this link for tips on Hifz:

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=1995

wasalam

Hey!
3 days is not bad! :thumbs_up

Thanks for the link lil bro :thumbs_up

I really want to do hifz but I need female teacher :'(

I thought for me surah Saff was the easiest.
Yeah.. that is an easy peasy one too :thumbs_up
I listened to that Surah for about 1week and a bit whenever I went out in the car and it just stuck in my head alhamdulillah..
(the recitor was Sheikh Salih al Talib btw ;D )

I memorized Yasin in 3 days
wow? masha'Allah

My dad gave me 4 weeks to memorise Surah Yaseen and Surah waqi'ah ...
I thought that I wouldn't do it :( So one week later I asked my dad for a weeks extention ;D ..he gave it.. but alhamdulillah I memorised before my first deadline ;D
I think I memorised both the surahs in 2 and a half weeks alhamdulillah :thumbs_up

Sis Arwa...you really should become a hafizah.
aw just pray :wub:

Arwa
05-04-2005, 11:24 PM
And Mumatinah a piece of Cake Inshallah
yeah.. I know the last few ayaat of that surah.. really is a piece of cake :thumbs_up

Ibn Syed
05-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Mashallah sister

Danish
05-05-2005, 10:23 AM
i think juz 1 to 11 r the easiest in quran, maeeda, baqrah etc and biggy but easy, and then 12, and 14 r kinda hard to memorize..

lol, i find it hard to remember surah dhar (insaan)

S_87
05-05-2005, 10:28 AM
sure mulk is easy i think :thumbs_up

sure fath i almost always get mixed up in middle :-[

Khaldun
05-05-2005, 11:06 AM

I think my personal record was the last juzz i did, i managed it in 2-3 days....I think it was due to the fact that i was sooo eager to finish soo that sort of boosted my confidence alhamdulilah....and no it wasnt juzz ama loq it was the 19 or 20th juzz i cant remember now hehe :brother:

MetSudaisTwice
05-05-2005, 11:19 AM
mashallah bro khaldun for finishing the quran, may allah increase your knowledge in the deen furhter

Khaldun
05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
ameen to the dua dear brother :love:

funny thing that brother zak....when it comes to remembering ayahs etc its all well and good, but remembering small things like normal stuff I aint very good....even when i open up the Quran to read it literally takes me a minute or two too remember what part I am supposed to read...embarssing innit

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-05-2005, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
tht happens to me too :-[

when not for quran, my memory seems toooooo weak :(
can't remember small phone numbers too,
always hv to set REMINDERS in my phone to
get reminded of any work :-[

m also famous for my FORGOT thingy at home :-[

:lol:
same here

Danish
05-05-2005, 02:37 PM
tht happens to me too

when not for quran, my memory seems toooooo weak
can't remember small phone numbers too,
always hv to set REMINDERS in my phone to
get reminded of any work

m also famous for my FORGOT thingy at home
SAME HERE!!! i find it VERY hard to remember people's name and other small detail

lol, is this kinda like hafiz things? We have more important things to remember eh? ;) lol

Danish
05-05-2005, 02:41 PM
*edited*

11, 14, n..... 25.
nah, 11 aint that hard i think, 12 is hard and 14, i agree with that

I think my personal record was the last juzz i did, i managed it in 2-3 days
wow..mashallah

Far7an
05-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Since Im not hafidh, from the surah I have learnt (not including juzz amma) Surah Mulk was easy :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-06-2005, 05:54 PM
6 ayats into SURAH Talaq, (hehe, wont make the same mistake twice) looks like the hard parts are over Alhamdullilah, rest shud be piece of cake Inshallah:)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Alhamdullilah im done with Surah Talaq. the ayats that were tough are 2,3,4, and 6. the rest is simple Alhamdullilah.Later illpost the recitation thorugh which i learned it, incase anyone wants tooInshallah

Ibn Syed
05-07-2005, 02:11 PM
I got really confused with Rahman. How can it be easy. I can opnly get it right if I practice.

Arwa
05-07-2005, 02:17 PM
how abt Surah Rahman ??

is there anyone who finds tht HARD ?? :)

btw its easy peasy for me :p
alhamdulillah

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

eassssy :thumbs_up

Side note: Surah Rahman by Sheikh Salih al Talib is superb! So soothing! :wub:

Ibn Syed
05-07-2005, 02:24 PM
I memorized Rahman with Ghamidi.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-07-2005, 02:31 PM

here it is:

Surah Talaq Recited by Shuraim

wonderful recitation Mashallah. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Arwa
05-07-2005, 04:01 PM
loq :p
yep, tht's niceeeee
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Big time .. I have kept as my alarm :thumbs_up :thumbs_up ;D

S_87
05-07-2005, 04:07 PM
if im not thinking straight (trust me thats rare) then the middle of sure Rahman can be repeated a couple of times

Khaldun
11-23-2005, 02:59 PM

not to mention the "janatin tajri min tahtihal anhar" scattered throughout the quran. lol, or "Qul siru" and not to forget "wa ida tutla".....sory im getting abit carried away now aint I

safwana
11-23-2005, 03:04 PM

ive heard dat surah yusuf is hard 2 learn? i like itcoz i understand it?

Ameeratul Layl
11-23-2005, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

not to mention the "janatin tajri min tahtihal anhar" scattered throughout the quran. lol, or "Qul siru" and not to forget "wa ida tutla".....sory im getting abit carried away now aint I

Do we have a secret hafiz ay...ay...
Allah ma3ak
psssttt....gud work bro.:coolious:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-23-2005, 03:47 PM

id say that Surah Baqarah is teh easist Surah to memorize in the Quran, once you get this certain tune and flow of the verses. Ale-Imran too has that distinct flow.

Ameeratul Layl
11-23-2005, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Åhmed

id say that Surah Baqarah is teh easist Surah to memorize in the Quran, once you get this certain tune and flow of the verses. Ale-Imran too has that distinct flow.

Yes I agree. Its fab. Though, its a little long. I know it off by heart.
SubhanAllah! I have to go over it every fajr so as not to forget it.

Allah ma3ak

~Raindrop~
11-23-2005, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by safwana

same here sis.
wassalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-23-2005, 04:27 PM
I luv surah an nisa. Im suing SAS's video cd to help me memorise it. Its fab!! I have it on as soon as I get into my bedroom and leave it on until its bed time.lol.

Allah ma3akum

Ameeratul Layl
11-23-2005, 04:44 PM
suing ? :eek:

wat for ? :omg:

:sl: la!la! I was meant to type...'using'.lol.
I'd never sue SAS.

lol.

Allah ma3qak
psssttt....br zakkky wakky....u can calm down now.lol

h1jabi_sista
11-23-2005, 08:51 PM
as salam alikum,

i find it easier to learn surahs of the quran if i know what they mean. i love listening to shuraims' surah al khaf. mashallah its very easy to pick up.
surah ar-rahman is pretty easy alhamdulilah, and so is surah mulk.

when i was trying to learn the last 10 surahs i found that sheik abu bakr ash shaatri was very easy to follow by alhamdulilah.

Muezzin
11-23-2005, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by safwana

I love surah Yusuf! :D

sapphire
11-24-2005, 11:50 AM
hmmmm...i cant think which surah i found hard.....i think that they were all ok so far.....well i am learning at at the speed of a snail... i get a bit muddled up on surah Rahman.....

Ameeratul Layl
11-24-2005, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
hmmmm...i cant think which surah i found hard.....i think that they were all ok so far.....well i am learning at at the speed of a snail... i get a bit muddled up on surah Rahman.....

same here. I think I add surah al baqarah into my surah rahman.:playing:

Allah ma3akum

Danish
11-24-2005, 07:00 PM
for me surah jinn is the hardest in the Quran...surah dhar was haaaaard too

donna about easiest though, many r easy alhamdulillah

mehnaz
11-25-2005, 11:24 AM
assalamoalikum w.r.w.b,

i love reciting surah Yaseen and surah Ar-rahman....

FiAmanillah

Sanobar
11-25-2005, 02:14 PM
salam!
the easiest surah is i guess......surah al yaseen......havent memorised all of it...but will inshaAllah and the hardest of all is .....surah al waqiyah....i find is very tough! :(:(
ma'salamah

~Raindrop~
11-25-2005, 02:21 PM
SALAAM
THIS AYAH I REALLY LIKE, COZ I WAS READING THE QUR'AAN AND I UNDERSTOOD IT. ITS STUCK IN MY MIND (oooops sorry ab the caps)
wa makaroo wa makarullah wallahu khairil maakireen. (and they planned and Allah planned and Allah is the Best of planners..
wassalam

Khaldun
11-25-2005, 02:29 PM

I used to find shu'ra hard to remember aswell, but if you listen to shuraim reading it 2004 taraweeh (he starts from the prophet Nuuh place) trust me you will never forget it, :coolious:

Maimunah
03-12-2006, 08:05 PM
i think the easy one is baqarah n the hardest r nisaa, aaraaf n taubah
salaam:)

Nawal89
03-13-2006, 01:39 PM
The hardest surah for me to memorize was surah Nisa. Even now there are some parts which i cant remember.. I'm going over it again though:(

The easiest is baqarah..when it comes to the parts which it talks about talaq it gets a bit confusing..

Oh and i LOVE surah ibraheem...

mizan_aliashraf
03-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Salam
The hardest to memorise is surah al-ana'aam
Wassalam

Nawal89
03-13-2006, 04:22 PM
^that was hard in the end..the beginning i thing was quite easy.

safiya0631
04-25-2006, 02:00 PM
salams
i found surah baqarah the easiest even though it is the longest one...it took me 1 day to learn surah yasin
wsalam

Rabi'ya
04-25-2006, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by humz
salams
i found surah baqarah the easiest even though it is the longest one...it took me 1 day to learn surah yasin
wsalam
mashAllah sis - 1 day!!!! thats amazing, subhanAllah u truly got skills....

takes me ages to learn even the smallest of surahs - anyhoo just keep on at it and inshALlah ill learn more and mroe..

Rabi'ya:rose:

alitheislamian
04-25-2006, 03:05 PM
although i havent learnt them by heart but i also think that surath baqarah and surah al-e-imraan r the eaziest cuz i know their meanings almost word by word.
I think fist learning their meanings and translation and then learning them helps alot and increases the learing efficiency by 1000% or we can learn them 10 times more faster. try it if u havent,but u must learn the meanings of each word.
But most of all Allah's help makes it easier so we must pray to Allah that He may make learning understanding and acting apon the Quraan easir for us all . Ameen

AzN..
04-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I find Surat Arrah'Man (55) very easy even tho im not on that surrah but i know half of it by just lissening to it on my mp3 player.

Arwa
04-25-2006, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alitheislamian
I think fist learning their meanings and translation and then learning them helps alot and increases the learing efficiency by 1000% or we can learn them 10 times more faster. try it if u havent,but u must learn the meanings of each word.
But most of all Allah's help makes it easier so we must pray to Allah that He may make learning understanding and acting apon the Quraan easir for us all . Ameen

I totally agree with you. :sister:

seeker_of_ilm
04-25-2006, 05:57 PM

I don't know about the hardest surah, but certainly one of the hardest is the ruk from Yooseekumullahu, in surah nisaa. It certainly is hard when it comes to revision, but once practiced, it becomes easy.

Sunflower
04-25-2006, 06:27 PM
i found surah Arhaman and Yassin the easiest to learn and surah Al Kahf the hardest. i think it was coz i learn the meaning of the surah as well though..

Al-Hanbali
04-26-2006, 04:57 PM
This part which is really really har to memorise is.......usee kumullahu fee awladikukm lizh zhakaril onnthayayn.......its not a surah but is in Surah Nisaa.........once you have memorised it, it is soooo easy to recite it but if you forget it, it is soooo hard to memorize again

Khaldun
04-26-2006, 11:50 PM

Odina Liladina Yuqataluna Bi Anahum Dulumu...anyone? :okay:

extinction
04-27-2006, 03:53 AM
ok well Im hafidh now alhamdulillah and even still in taraweeh I find surah saffat confusing not all of it just the 2nd ruku but not that that much..erm the 2nd nisf of 25 I find a little hard also but alhamdulillah besides that the rest is ok and will be inshallah.......

Muslimaatan
04-27-2006, 04:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah 4eva
i found surah Arhaman and Yassin the easiest to learn and surah Al Kahf the hardest. i think it was coz i learn the meaning of the surah as well though..
werdd!! i love suratul-Rahman!!al-kahf is madd nice..not hard :-/ and my fav short surah is suratul-a3la!

safiya0631
04-28-2006, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
mashAllah sis - 1 day!!!! thats amazing, subhanAllah u truly got skills....

takes me ages to learn even the smallest of surahs - anyhoo just keep on at it and inshALlah ill learn more and mroe..

Rabi'ya:rose:
salams
dnt wory u will get der eventually n its not as if u hv to rush in learning the quran..i learned surahg yasin in 1 day coz i had learned it from b4 i started memorizing the quran..u will learn more n moe eventually n u will get betta inshallah
wsalam

Hamba Allah
04-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Surah Al-Luqman is easy to memorise.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-16-2007, 12:47 AM

Bump!

Thought I'd bump this thread since the other thread on how much you've memorized is quite popular.

What are the surahs that you find easy/hard? :)

Ps- I miss Khaldun's posts on Qur'an! imsad

al-muslimah
11-16-2007, 04:13 AM
surah yusuf is a piece of cake but the one that is difficult form me is surah hajj.I know surah tawbah will be so easy for me i read it sometimes I love that surah.Its the surah of jihad.Yunus and hud will be delicious.I love memorizing quran.

chacha_jalebi
11-16-2007, 10:31 AM
i get mixed up at times,wit similiar ayats

like in surah baqarah der a ayah

walaqad jaa kum musa bil bayinaati...

and in surah ghafir der a ayah

walaqad jaa kum yusuf min qablu bil bayinaati...

like il mix them up. surah that were hard surah tur, baqarah, araaf, but surah tur lol for sum reason that was a mission for moi

easy surahs takwir,fatiha:p rahman, tariq,

may Allah (swt) make it easy for all muslims to memorize and recite:D

------
11-16-2007, 10:36 AM
:salamext:

I find Surah Yaseen and Surah Mulk really easy, but maybe coz I memorised that since I was 12/13.....and the fact that they just flows from your lips....Subhaan Allaah....

If I want to memorise any Ayah, I can do it in a couple of days, remembering the reference as well....Alhamdulillaah....

I should honestly get into memorising the Qur'aan more :-\ ...Inshaa Allaah Taa'la.... :D

al-muslimah
11-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Inshallah lets not give up memorizing or atleast recitng the words of Allah.It is a shifa'( cure) from Allah for everything including cancer and AIDS.Everything.

ayesha309
11-17-2007, 12:15 AM
any surah can be easy or hard depedning on what your level of concentration is, your age and what Allah wants. that being said, i was surprised to read earlier that people found surah Nisa and Maida easy....

al-muslimah
11-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Yes of course it is easy as long as you put yourself to it subhanallah the book of Allah is the best and easiest for the true believers.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-17-2007, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha000
any surah can be easy or hard depedning on what your level of concentration is, your age and what Allah wants. that being said, i was surprised to read earlier that people found surah Nisa and Maida easy....
im not a haafith or anything, but allah has given me motivation to memorize a couple of 'medium' ones. the onyl thing i can say about easy/diffulcity is when verses sound almost the same. that can be tough.
you raise good points too, sis ayesha

Umm Yoosuf
11-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah,

I find Juzz tabarak just plain hard. I have to keep going over and over and over again :(

Noor 13
11-23-2007, 02:16 PM
MashAllah you all are doing a wonderful job in memorizing the Q'ran. I am a revert and at times it is a little bit hard for me to mermorize but I do my best. The only easy ones to me are the last 10 or 25 in the Q'ran. I struggled quite a bit with alMUlk but I found alShams quite easy. I haven't memorized really long ones though.
Allah ma3kom

ayesha309
11-24-2007, 02:03 AM
Masha'Allah sis Noor 13, the fact that you are trying to memorzie can give you way more rewards. The harder you work on memorizng a surah, the more rewards Allah can give you. who knows maybe Allah may give you more rewards for memorzing Surah Kafiroon than a born Muslim memorzing Surah Mulk. So Masha'Allah it is good to hear you are memorizng and never give up hope. that goes to everyone :)
Allah's Quran is beatufiul and full of miracles; one of the myriad miracles is that it can be memorized.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-24-2007, 07:35 AM
i just generally have trouble wiht what vowel a letter ends in. thats a little confusing.

Noor 13
11-24-2007, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha000
Masha'Allah sis Noor 13, the fact that you are trying to memorzie can give you way more rewards. The harder you work on memorizng a surah, the more rewards Allah can give you. who knows maybe Allah may give you more rewards for memorzing Surah Kafiroon than a born Muslim memorzing Surah Mulk. So Masha'Allah it is good to hear you are memorizng and never give up hope. that goes to everyone :)
Allah's Quran is beatufiul and full of miracles; one of the myriad miracles is that it can be memorized.
Salam alaykom
JazakAllah khair for your encouraging words. I do my best to go on with memorizing. There are some very nice Qur'an reciting sites which helped me a lot cause you can listen to it Aya per Aya.
Here are the links if someone is interested
http://www.reciter.org/
http://www.quranicsciences.com/Quran...tormonid=37398

jouju
11-24-2007, 09:45 AM
i found suratul jinn verrry tough for me cant remember how long it took-we have 5 days to prepare for hifdh
I have even forgotten...so sad

Al-Hanbali
12-01-2007, 06:41 PM
:salamext:

Surah Saffat is a little confusing if you're not really thorough with it.

Na7lah
12-01-2007, 06:51 PM
i actually found dat 1 easy
but i had a hard time with surah Ar-Rum

BlackMamba
12-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Al Qasas, Shuaraa, and Naml for some reason are the hardest for me. But in the end its all about how much time you put in. All surahs are hard if you dont review and all are easy if you do.

umar113
12-31-2007, 08:39 PM
well, not the surah but the juz i found hard was the 28th.
but i pretty much managed to do it.

Pk_#2
12-31-2007, 09:54 PM
The shorter surahs that are recited daily-ish are easy-ish and all the rest are difficult

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Maimunah
12-31-2007, 10:58 PM
salaam

i find it hard to memorize sura an-nisaa

umar113
01-02-2008, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
The shorter surahs that are recited daily-ish are easy-ish and all the rest are difficult

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

remember one thing, nothing of the Qur'an is hard. everything is ez once you try. try hard and practice more.
like me, i found the 28th juz rly hard too but i managed to succeed and do it.
i think you should pick a target and keep practicing it.
it will really help, trust me!! :smile:

BlackMamba
01-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm memorizing surah Al-Maidah right now. I think that has to be the hardest one for me. A lot of the surah is about laws so there is less flow in it.

Pk_#2
01-03-2008, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umar113
remember one thing, nothing of the Qur'an is hard. everything is ez once you try. try hard and practice more.
like me, i found the 28th juz rly hard too but i managed to succeed and do it.
i think you should pick a target and keep practicing it.
it will really help, trust me!! :smile:
No I really cannot memorise, sometimes I forget my name. That's not a joke.

amirah_87
01-04-2008, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maimunah
salaam

i find it hard to memorize sura an-nisaa

For real?? You should listen to Sa'ad Al-Ghamadiy's recitation on that, He'll have you whizzin' through it in no time inshaAllaah.

I, like most of people here found suratul Jinn hardest to memorize. Now that I understand the langauge, it's much easier to remember walhamdulillaah.

Memorizing's not a problem for me, it's the revision..

Khaldun
01-04-2008, 10:52 AM

Surah Nisaa is a Shuraim surah and whoever tries to say otherwise is misguided! lol ok not really but still...

People the Quran is not hard! It is a fault in ourselfs, we dont make enough time for it in our lifes, you think you will be like Ubaay Bin Ka'ab (whom the prophet praised regarding the quran) or Abdullah bin Mas'uud (whom the prophet said if you want to learn the quran learn it from Ibn Mas'uud), just by giving it half an hour or an hour a day?! Kalla wa Haasha! These people used to stand up all night in prayers reciting it so brothers and sisters give the quran more time, there will always be things "more" thrilling then sitting down with the Mus-haaf but fight your nafs and Allah will make it easy.

Having said that, boy o boy wait until you reach surah Al-'Araaf lol

Ihfaadu, fa ina kula haafidin Imaam!

BlackMamba
01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

Having said that, boy o boy wait until you reach surah Al-'Araaf lol
Come on man Al-Araaf is easier than Maidah, I'm struggling with Maidah lol. And are you guys memorizing from juz 30 down or from juz 1 up?

Khaldun
01-06-2008, 03:40 PM

Have you finished surah Baqrah Akhee?

BlackMamba
01-06-2008, 10:14 PM
No I still need to memorize Baqarah Nisaa and Ali-Imran before I finish Quran

جوري
01-09-2008, 11:01 PM

I find suret al-3adyat very difficult. I don't know if this has been mentioned here before? I have regrettably not been following this thread.. I find it difficult in Arabic though Arabic is my mother tongue and the sura is fairly easy to memorize.. I am not sure if the translations are even correct.. sob7an Allah..

وَالْعَادِيَاتِ ضَبْحًا {1}
[Pickthal 100:1] By the snorting courses,

فَالْمُورِيَاتِ قَدْحًا {2}
[Pickthal 100:2] Striking sparks of fire

فَالْمُغِيرَاتِ صُبْحًا {3}
[Pickthal 100:3] And scouring to the raid at dawn,

فَأَثَرْنَ بِهِ نَقْعًا {4}
[Pickthal 100:4] Then, therewith, with their trail of dust,

فَوَسَطْنَ بِهِ جَمْعًا {5}
[Pickthal 100:5] Cleaving, as one, the centre (of the foe),

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لِرَبِّهِ لَكَنُودٌ {6}
[Pickthal 100:6] Lo! man is an ingrate unto his Lord

وَإِنَّهُ عَلَى ذَلِكَ لَشَهِيدٌ {7}
[Pickthal 100:7] And lo! he is a witness unto that;

وَإِنَّهُ لِحُبِّ الْخَيْرِ لَشَدِيدٌ {8}
[Pickthal 100:8] And lo! in the love of wealth he is violent.

أَفَلَا يَعْلَمُ إِذَا بُعْثِرَ مَا فِي الْقُبُورِ {9}
[Pickthal 100:9] Knoweth he not that, when the contents of the graves are poured forth

وَحُصِّلَ مَا فِي الصُّدُورِ {10}
[Pickthal 100:10] And the secrets of the breasts are made known,

إِنَّ رَبَّهُم بِهِمْ يَوْمَئِذٍ لَّخَبِيرٌ {11}
[Pickthal 100:11] On that day will their Lord be perfectly informed concerning them.

جوري
01-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Do you guys agree with this intrpretation from none other but the ever valuable wiki?

Al-Adiyat
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The Sura of the Chargers&#372C Line 2 -
Surat Al-Adiyat (Arabic: سورة العاديات ) (The Courser, The Chargers) is the 100th sura of the Qur'an with 11 ayat.

The sura begins with the imagery of raiders on horseback, who come to take what is not theirs rightfully. The Quran, whose eternal message takes the form of imagery in the day and tongue of the Prophet Muhammad, gives a picture of greedy men that would be quite familiar to the Arab peoples of his day: that of the invading army in search of booty. It can be understood even now that such a hoard is an ideal example of worldliness and shirk - in Islam, the great sins against God. The image is of people who are willing to hurt their fellow man over objects and lust.

Other scholars have also said that the beginning of this surah refers to how horses behave their masters, yet us, the mankind continues to disobey our master, Allah, and so, therefore horses are better than man.

The Qur'an continues, that mankind is evidence against himself of these sins. On the Last Day, "when that which is in the tombs is overthrown and that which is in the breasts in brought out," people will be judged accordingly by what their hearts intended in life. The Qur'an concludes this sura with the reminder that as men are fully aware of what they are doing and why, God is even more aware - what is hidden in men's hearts is known to God.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Adiyat

Khaldun
01-10-2008, 11:17 AM

Yes akhee shakoor when you do surah baqrah you will realise what i was talking about lol

and purest ambrosia yes that is one of the explanation to that surah because its a good reason for the sudden change in topic, from the first few verses talking about battle horses and then Allah referring back to Insaan

جوري
01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Jazaka Allah akhi khaldun..
I found this other explanation too, and I just wanted to share it

AL-ADIYAT (THE CHARGERS)

THE HUNDREDTH SURAH
Total Verses: 11
MECCA PERIOD

Introduction

REVEALED after surah 103. For an explanation of the symbolism of "the chargers", see note 2 below.

IN THE NAME OF GOD, THE MOST GRACIOUS, THE DISPENSER OF GRACE:

1) Oh, 1 the chargers that run panting,

(2) sparks of fire striking,

(3) rushing to assault at morn,

(4) thereby raising clouds of dust,

(5) thereby storming [blindly] into any host! 2

(6) VERILY, towards his Sustainer man is most ungrateful 3 –

(7) and to this, behold, he [himself] bears witness indeed:

(8) for, verily, to the love of wealth is he most ardently devoted.

(9) But does he not know that [on the Last Day,] when all that is in the graves is raised and brought out,

(10) and all that is [hidden] in men's hearts is bared –

(11) that on that Day their Sustainer [will show that He] has always been fully aware of them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Since the subsequent clauses refer to a parabolic, imaginary situation, the adjurative particle wa is more suitably rendered here as "Oh", instead of the rendering "Consider' usually adopted by me, or the adjuration "By" appearing in most other translations.

2 I.e., blinded by clouds of dust and not knowing whether their assault aims at friend or foe. The metaphoric image developed in the above five verses is closely connected with the sequence, although this connection has never been brought out by the classical commentators. The term al-adiyat undoubtedly denotes the war-horses, or chargers, employed by the Arabs from time immemorial down to the Middle Ages (the feminine gender of this term being due to the fact that, as a rule, they preferred mares to stallions). But whereas the conventional explanation is based on the assumption that "the chargers" symbolize here the believers' fight in God's cause (jihad) and, therefore, represent something highly commendable, it takes no account whatever of the discrepancy between so positive an imagery and the condemnation expressed in verses 6 ff., not to speak of the fact that such a conventional interpretation does not provide any logical link between the two parts of the surah. But since such a link must exist, and since verses 6-11 are undoubtedly condemnatory, we must conclude that the first five verses, too, have the same – or at least, a similar - character. This character becomes at once obvious if we dissociate ourselves from the preconceived notion that the imagery of "the chargers" is used here in a laudatory sense. In fact, the opposite is the case. Beyond any doubt, "the chargers" symbolize the erring human soul or self - a soul devoid of all spiritual direction, obsessed and ridden by all manner of wrong, selfish desires, madly, unseeingly rushing onwards, unchecked by conscience or reason, blinded by the dust-clouds of confused and confusing appetites, storming into insoluble situations and, thus, into its own spiritual destruction.

3 I.e., whenever he surrenders to his appetites, symbolized by the madly storming chargers, he forgets God and his own responsibility to Him.
http://www.geocities.com/masad02/100.html

BlackMamba
02-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Surah Nisaa is the hardest for me now. Especially the beginning, it took me forever to memorize it because its all fractions like nisf and ribua. These 2 ayas were toughest:
يُوصِيكُمُ اللّهُ فِي أَوْلاَدِكُمْ لِلذَّكَرِ مِثْلُ حَظِّ الأُنثَيَيْنِ فَإِن كُنَّ نِسَاء فَوْقَ اثْنَتَيْنِ فَلَهُنَّ ثُلُثَا مَا تَرَكَ وَإِن كَانَتْ وَاحِدَةً فَلَهَا النِّصْفُ وَلأَبَوَيْهِ لِكُلِّ وَاحِدٍ مِّنْهُمَا السُّدُسُ مِمَّا تَرَكَ إِن كَانَ لَهُ وَلَدٌ فَإِن لَّمْ يَكُن لَّهُ وَلَدٌ وَوَرِثَهُ أَبَوَاهُ فَلأُمِّهِ الثُّلُثُ فَإِن كَانَ لَهُ إِخْوَةٌ فَلأُمِّهِ السُّدُسُ مِن بَعْدِ وَصِيَّةٍ يُوصِي بِهَا أَوْ دَيْنٍ آبَآؤُكُمْ وَأَبناؤُكُمْ لاَ تَدْرُونَ أَيُّهُمْ أَقْرَبُ لَكُمْ نَفْعاً فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللّهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ عَلِيما حَكِيمًا (4:11)

وَلَكُمْ نِصْفُ مَا تَرَكَ أَزْوَاجُكُمْ إِن لَّمْ يَكُن لَّهُنَّ وَلَدٌ فَإِن كَانَ لَهُنَّ وَلَدٌ فَلَكُمُ الرُّبُعُ مِمَّا تَرَكْنَ مِن بَعْدِ وَصِيَّةٍ يُوصِينَ بِهَا أَوْ دَيْنٍ وَلَهُنَّ الرُّبُعُ مِمَّا تَرَكْتُمْ إِن لَّمْ يَكُن لَّكُمْ وَلَدٌ فَإِن كَانَ لَكُمْ وَلَدٌ فَلَهُنَّ الثُّمُنُ مِمَّا تَرَكْتُم مِّن بَعْدِ وَصِيَّةٍ تُوصُونَ بِهَا أَوْ دَيْنٍ وَإِن كَانَ رَجُلٌ يُورَثُ كَلاَلَةً أَو امْرَأَةٌ وَلَهُ أَخٌ أَوْ أُخْتٌ فَلِكُلِّ وَاحِدٍ مِّنْهُمَا السُّدُسُ فَإِن كَانُوَاْ أَكْثَرَ مِن ذَلِكَ فَهُمْ شُرَكَاء فِي الثُّلُثِ مِن بَعْدِ وَصِيَّةٍ يُوصَى بِهَآ أَوْ دَيْنٍ غَيْرَ مُضَآرٍّ وَصِيَّةً مِّنَ اللّهِ وَاللّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَلِيمٌ (4:12)

M.B
02-14-2008, 08:58 AM
The easiest i have come pass is ahzab its so nice and easy peasy.

Khaldun
02-14-2008, 11:44 AM

It is important that the first time you learn it, you learn it properly that Hifdh you do will always stick with you, if you try to "get it over with" as soon as possible you will always find it hard. Make sure you know surah Ahzab good M.B! because its a tricky surah, you will know what I mean in the future.

M.B
02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Brother khaldun know i know what surah you think is hard surah shu'ra. :D

Umar001
02-14-2008, 09:21 PM
A quick question to yall, out of curiosity.

So do yall memorise it to the extent that you know each letter and would be able to write the surah down?

BlackMamba
02-15-2008, 04:55 AM
Yes, thats what I strive to be able to do. In my opinion, a true hafiz is one that can lead taraweeh prayers once Ramadan comes around. If you can do so, then you are a true hafiz.

The Exorcist
03-11-2019, 06:37 AM
Assalam O Alaikam,
I was just reading this thread and found it so interesting and inspiring, we should keep this alive, jazakAllah.
Well the hardest surah is really surah Al-Jinn :sl:

yahya.patel
03-12-2019, 10:54 PM
Wow those are the exact 2 verses im having extremly hard time memorising right now. ive been stuck on these ayas for 2 days.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba
Surah Nisaa is the hardest for me now. Especially the beginning, it took me forever to memorize it because its all fractions like nisf and ribua. These 2 ayas were toughest:
يُوصِيكُمُ اللّهُ فِي أَوْلاَدِكُمْ لِلذَّكَرِ مِثْلُ حَظِّ الأُنثَيَيْنِ فَإِن كُنَّ نِسَاء فَوْقَ اثْنَتَيْنِ فَلَهُنَّ ثُلُثَا مَا تَرَكَ وَإِن كَانَتْ وَاحِدَةً فَلَهَا النِّصْفُ وَلأَبَوَيْهِ لِكُلِّ وَاحِدٍ مِّنْهُمَا السُّدُسُ مِمَّا تَرَكَ إِن كَانَ لَهُ وَلَدٌ فَإِن لَّمْ يَكُن لَّهُ وَلَدٌ وَوَرِثَهُ أَبَوَاهُ فَلأُمِّهِ الثُّلُثُ فَإِن كَانَ لَهُ إِخْوَةٌ فَلأُمِّهِ السُّدُسُ مِن بَعْدِ وَصِيَّةٍ يُوصِي بِهَا أَوْ دَيْنٍ آبَآؤُكُمْ وَأَبناؤُكُمْ لاَ تَدْرُونَ أَيُّهُمْ أَقْرَبُ لَكُمْ نَفْعاً فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللّهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ عَلِيما حَكِيمًا (4:11)

وَلَكُمْ نِصْفُ مَا تَرَكَ أَزْوَاجُكُمْ إِن لَّمْ يَكُن لَّهُنَّ وَلَدٌ فَإِن كَانَ لَهُنَّ وَلَدٌ فَلَكُمُ الرُّبُعُ مِمَّا تَرَكْنَ مِن بَعْدِ وَصِيَّةٍ يُوصِينَ بِهَا أَوْ دَيْنٍ وَلَهُنَّ الرُّبُعُ مِمَّا تَرَكْتُمْ إِن لَّمْ يَكُن لَّكُمْ وَلَدٌ فَإِن كَانَ لَكُمْ وَلَدٌ فَلَهُنَّ الثُّمُنُ مِمَّا تَرَكْتُم مِّن بَعْدِ وَصِيَّةٍ تُوصُونَ بِهَا أَوْ دَيْنٍ وَإِن كَانَ رَجُلٌ يُورَثُ كَلاَلَةً أَو امْرَأَةٌ وَلَهُ أَخٌ أَوْ أُخْتٌ فَلِكُلِّ وَاحِدٍ مِّنْهُمَا السُّدُسُ فَإِن كَانُوَاْ أَكْثَرَ مِن ذَلِكَ فَهُمْ شُرَكَاء فِي الثُّلُثِ مِن بَعْدِ وَصِيَّةٍ يُوصَى بِهَآ أَوْ دَيْنٍ غَيْرَ مُضَآرٍّ وَصِيَّةً مِّنَ اللّهِ وَاللّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَلِيمٌ (4:12)
Exact verses im having trouble with right now.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba

jawediqbal
03-26-2019, 11:27 AM
السلام علیکم Huffaz! How are you all ?
memorizing the holy quran pak is very easy,
can someone share any other book that memorized completely?

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by yahya.patel
Wow those are the exact 2 verses im having extremly hard time memorising right now. ive been stuck on these ayas for 2 days.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

this Ruku of the Quran hard, but if you concentrate it will be very easy for you,

مجرد روح مهجورة
04-30-2019, 05:21 PM
Good thread اللهم بارك
May الله make us from those who memorize His book
آمين يا رب العالمين

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.