/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sabi Salaams!

Sabi
05-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Bismillah Alrahman Alrahim

Assalamu aleikum warahmatullah wa barakhatuh

I was casually browsing the internet when I found a link to someone asking questions about Sabians, so I thought I would stop by for a while.

The best description I have found online is at Islam Q&A, but sebomenoi.com is also good.

I hope that I can make some good Muslim friends and eventually find a nice Sabi girl to marry because although Sabi women are allowed to marry Muslim Men Sabi men are not allowed to marry Muslim Women.

:brother:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
05-05-2006, 04:41 PM
salam,

welcome bro and i hope you have an enjoyable stay here, and we are nice to have you here if you have any questions please feel free to ask please don't hesitate :)

w.salam

Sabi
05-05-2006, 04:42 PM
P.S. When I made my profile I was sad to see that in the drop-down menu for religion, Sabi were not listed. If it is possible to add in I would be very happy.

Kittygyal
05-05-2006, 04:43 PM
salam,

bro may i ask what is an ''sabi''??

w.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sabi
05-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Thankyou Islamgyal,

Your reply was faster than I could put up my P.S.

In answer to your question, this
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=49048&dgn=4
is the description on Islam Q & A which so far I have found to be the best/most objective description online.

Salaam

Kittygyal
05-05-2006, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabi
Thankyou Islamgyal,

Your reply was faster than I could put up my P.S.

In answer to your question, this
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=49048&dgn=4
is the description on Islam Q & A which so far I have found to be the best/most objective description online.

Salaam

SALAM,

no worries bro it's all good :) and ta for the link bro really appreciated indeed.

w.salam and keep posting :p

Nafiisah
05-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the link.Alhamdulillah, we are learning something new

Sabi
05-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Jizakallah Khair Nafiisah & Zak.

ummAbdillah
05-05-2006, 05:06 PM
salaam
welcome to the forum :)
inshallah you will enjoy your stay brother!
wa salaam

Devoted
05-05-2006, 05:48 PM
[BANANA]Welcome[/BANANA]

Sabi
05-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Jizakallah Khair Lovly|_Lady
WaSalaam

Sabi
05-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Thank you Devoted.

BTW may I ask if you are a muslim sister or whether simply you generally follow a muslim way of life like Sabi`een. In which case are you also a Sabi? I ask this because I noticed that you did not select muslim sister on your profile.

Salaam

afriend
05-05-2006, 09:52 PM
:sl:

welcome to LI forum!

Allah talks about the Sabians in the Quraan (Surah Baqarah, ayah 62)

Although this was accepted before the advent of Muhammad(SAW) and Islam...Our religions are very similar....I hope we can bridge these simliarities and hopefully you will find your way to the truth.

Ameen!

Sabi
05-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Indeed your words are very wise. The difficulty this time will be in bridging the similarities and not the differences, as I have often realised in the past. It is easy for a muslim to accept a Jew or a Christian as vastly different, but much more difficult to accept a Sabi as quite similar (much more peer-pressure/compulsion upon us). I personally believe that this is why sects have developed in Islam because Sabis who were not ready to become Muslims (I should mention BTW that we also call ourselves peacemakers which is spelled the same way as Muslim in arabic) were preassured into becoming Muslims before they had proper understanding and so they were inclined towards Bidah resulting in new religions like Bahai and Sikhism at one end for example and numerous sectarians like "progressive islam" polluting orthodoxy at the other end. If I personally had the power to reverse the damage I would not hesitate, since it would have been better for such Sabis to die on a journey in the right direction than to die upon arriving at the wrong destination.

it is very good indeed for you to hope for my guidance Iqram. Jizakallah Khair Wa Salaamu aleikum warahmatullah wabarakhatuh.

afriend2
05-07-2006, 07:13 PM
salaam,

welcome to LI! :) inshAllah have a great time here :happy:

wassalam :peace:

Sister_6038
05-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Allah blessed us with such a beautiful greeting so please allow me (and banana) to greet you with a big :sl: sis Hat :sister:

broth3r Ali
05-07-2006, 11:34 PM
salaam! :)
:welcome:

welcome to the forum!! enjoy your stay!

:thumbs_up

ws:peace:

*noor
05-07-2006, 11:36 PM
welcome to the forums!!

MetSudaisTwice
05-08-2006, 09:37 AM
salam
welcome to the forums
wasalam

Muslim Soldier
05-08-2006, 06:26 PM
:sl:
:) welcome

Sabi
05-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Wasalaamu aleikum warahmatullah wa Barakhatahu

Muslim soldier
Metsudaistwice
Nurofislam
Broth3r Ali
Hatshepsut & banana
Nazia

Your warm greetings are most welcomming, and i am sorry for the delay.

By the way if anyone says that sabis follow "sabianism" please correct them that the correct word is Sibghatullah even though we call our <b><u>Law</b></u> Alislam. Of course Sabis respect the fact that Muslim brothers and sisters call their religion Islam, and so as not to cause any misunderstandings, I will try not to use the arabic word for Sabi`ah Hunafa` <b><u>Law</b></u> on these pages again.

Also I don't want to cause any offence by butting-in on just any discussion so I wonder if anyone could suggest which topics perhaps a Sabi perspective might be particularly appreciated -if any at all. Likewise, which topics that it might be felt a Sabi perspective might not be appreciated much.

Jizakallah Khair.
:brother:

The Ruler
05-13-2006, 09:45 PM
was sabi men :? :? :?

neways....:welcome: to de forums...enjoy ur stay!! :) :)

wassalam

Sabi
05-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Salaam Tagrid,

There have always been both men and women who are Sabi in the world.

Sabi comes from the word Sibghat which is related to the word Saba`a. Apparently it came to Arabic through Aramaic from the Greek root "Seb-" originally meaning "to fall back in awe" and describes the way someone must perform the first Ghusl if they leave paganism behind to become a Sabi. The symbolism is to do with the way the renaisance of the world through the waters of the deluge in the time of Noah (SAW).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.