/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forum stability

ahm
05-04-2005, 09:47 PM
:sl:

I had trouble accessing the board. Database error and slowdown.

Did anyone else get that?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
05-04-2005, 09:50 PM

Yes, I believe the admin team are currently working to fix the problem. :)

ahm
05-05-2005, 10:00 PM

It happened again. Not good. What's happening?

Arwa
05-05-2005, 10:06 PM
:sl: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :sister:

It keeps happening :'(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Silver Pearl
05-06-2005, 06:36 AM

You guys spend too much time hear trying to refresh it...that is why it keeps going doggy ;D

kadafi
05-06-2005, 07:17 AM

The problem is that we're on a shared server (i.e. sharing the server with other users). And thus, a user might use too much of the server resources which will make it slow or shut down the server for a while.

The hosting team are trying their best to monitor the server and prevent such misusage of resources.

Insha'Allah, if the forum continues to grow, we'll try to get an dedicated server (server exclusively for us)

Ibn Syed
05-06-2005, 09:26 PM
That happened to me yesterday. I had to get off cause it was going too slow.

ahm
05-07-2005, 02:04 PM

Please sort this out. I prefer here to someplace else that you may know.

Which hosting company are you with?

I use a company that have their servers based in Rebus Interhouse at Canary Wharf. £30 for 2GB/500MB a month 2 MySQL databases. Not much but I was aiming for reliability and accountability (it's a UK company). If a webhost offers unlimited databases that may cause slowdown for other users on their servers I think?

Uthman
05-10-2005, 09:38 PM

Brother Kadafi it would seem that the problem keeps occuring. :( These problems never used to occur though.

BlissfullyJaded
05-10-2005, 09:50 PM

As the members increase more resources are used I think...so thats why the slowdown? Which is why this never happened before, cuz the members were less back then? *unsure*

kadafi
05-11-2005, 10:22 AM

Brother Kadafi it would seem that the problem keeps occuring. :( These problems never used to occur though.

I know akhee, the host said that if the probleem still persists, then we would move you to a different server.
format_quote Originally Posted by mm_ca04

As the members increase more resources are used I think...so thats why the slowdown? Which is why this never happened before, cuz the members were less back then? *unsure*
Well it depends but I don't think this problem resulted from 'too many members'. It's just some one on the server is using too many resources. They're monitoring him and suspended his account.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.