PDA

View Full Version : Crying During Duaa'



*noor
05-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Out of curiosity, how many people here cry when making duaa'? How do you feel when you cry in your duaa'?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Does duaa' mean prayer?
Reply

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Does duaa' mean prayer?
It means Supplication...A type of Prayer.
Reply

glo
05-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Åhmed
It means Supplication...A type of Prayer.
Thanks for the information! :)

Not being familiar with this kind of prayer, I am probably not qualified to answer the question ... :X

Peace.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
afriend
05-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I know many will take this the wrong way...So I'm goin to make this clear, I'm not sayin this to show off or anything...But if I can get emotional in front of my lord, then anybody can :)

Well.......Usually at tahajjud time....when I think of the meanings of what I read(i tend to make it 1 1/2 Juz long)...And certain parts make me...emotional...a bit.....
Reply

*LJ*
05-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Does duaa' mean prayer?
Yeh, 'duaa' or 'dua' is prayer when you ask Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) for things (happiness, forgiveness, help, good exam results, anything) in fact it is basically any prayer which is not 'salah'. 'Salah' is the prayer that you make 5 times a day which has set words and positions. I hope that makes sense.

As for the question...I don't cry during dua, I may have once or twice but probably because I was just a bit emotional at the time lol...does the person who wrote the thread???

Salam:)
Reply

*noor
05-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by *LJ*

As for the question...I don't cry during dua, I may have once or twice but probably because I was just a bit emotional at the time lol...does the person who wrote the thread???

Salam:)
not really, only a couple of times lately.
Reply

*charisma*
05-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Out of curiosity, how many people here cry when making duaa'? How do you feel when you cry in your duaa'?
Yea I do alhemdulilah, but how to describe it lol
to sum it up:
weak
incredibly thankful
overwhelmed

Everyone has their own feeling that is undescribable because it is between them and their Creator.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam
Reply

Far7an
05-05-2006, 09:52 PM
:sl:

If the khateeb or Imaam who is leading gets emotional, then yes it does have an effect on me. If tears flow for the sake of Allah, it is indeed a great ni'ma (blessing) from Allah, it is a sign of humility and taqwa.

The Prophet (Sallallaahu alayhi wa Sallam) said: "Whoever cries because of the fear of Allaah, Hell-fire will not touch him."
Reply

*noor
05-05-2006, 09:54 PM
if you dont want to answer directly, please vote cuz im curious.
Reply

afriend
05-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Subhanallah...I hope all our crying is accepted by Allah...
Reply

*noor
05-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Iqram
Subhanallah...I hope all our crying is accepted by Allah...
ameen
Reply

Kidman
05-05-2006, 09:57 PM
^^^ Same for me.. Usually if the person doing dua has a nice voice and you can hear his sincerity, then ya, it hits my heart...

Hits the most during the story of Karbala and Imam Hussein... Cause we have the best voiced poets come out and wowww... like just hearing them makes you want to start balling. It opens your heart a lot... I love that feeling.

Kavon
Reply

Mawaddah
05-05-2006, 09:59 PM
I cry.....
Not to show off (MayAllah keep me from that Amin ) But whenever I make a special Dua' to Allah duringst my Tahajjud it overwhelms me and I cry because I just feel like.....I'm right in front of my Rabb, at the time when he says "Are there any of my servants who are asking of me so I can give them? "
I dont know.......but do you guys feel the same? that you have so much concentration during Tahajjud than the regular prayers? I do...

And I cry if I hear beautiful recitation of the Qur'an and I listen and ponder on the meanings
Also I cry if I hear a very good talk on Death....:'( May Allah make the process of dying easy on us and Give us Husnul Khaatimah Ameeeeeeeeeeen
Reply

chacha_jalebi
05-05-2006, 11:43 PM
i cry :( weneva i make dua, cos i duno its a emotional thin innit, its lik Allah (swt) is listenin 2 u & u wan tell him dat ur sorry 4 ur mistakes & u pray dat d ummah dnt suffer & u pray dat u pass ur exams n u get a heavy car n a heavy job lol, but its jus dat feelin of knowin dat Allah (swt) is listenin, n u can say woteva u want 2 him, n ask him 4 woteva n he has d power 2 accept or reject u!! i cnt explain proply lol, but knowin dat Allah (swt) is listenin is comfortin & it also makes me cry cos i tink dat im sucha worthless person & HE D MASTER OF D WORLD is listenin 2 me, 2 me!! dat also makes me cry lol its a feelin innit,

also u no he has sed dnt do certain thins but u stil do dem n u feel so bad, lemme try 2 explain fru dis lol

o my Allah, ur so high, im so low, o my Allah, my sins r lik d highest mountains, n my good deeds r very few lik a small pebble & i turn 2 u my heart ful of shame & eyes ful of tears!!!

lik personally i feel ashmaed of meself wen i turn 2 Allah (swt) n i jus beg him dat i hope he accepts me n puts me in jannah, its lik a baby cryin 4 a lollypop lol i cnt explain it n b4 i :( or lose d plot lol im gona end ereee :p naa its hard 2 lol

also wen u hear d quran, n certain stuff lik in surah nasr "innahu kana tawwaba" ur lord is d ever 4givin, wow man dat makes me emotional, also lol 1 fin dat makes me cry bad, i dnt no wot Allah (swt) finks of me, cos i strive 2 b on his way & b d bestest muslim i can but i dunno if he even finks im doin my best or wot, ya lot get moi???
Reply

*noor
05-06-2006, 04:48 PM
i have another question regarding this.

does anyone hear not like to cry in their duaa' in front of people.....like ur parents?? like does anyone try to hide their crying from duaa from family members?

im just curious. somebody plz answer.
Reply

Kittygyal
05-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by glo
Thanks for the information! :)

Not being familiar with this kind of prayer, I am probably not qualified to answer the question ... :X

Peace.

salam.
same here i don't too so no comment :X
but it depends if your going to an funeral then you cry whereas not''scream'' but just read a prayer but don't know If muslim's do that cause never been to an asian funeral
w.salam
Reply

*noor
05-06-2006, 04:54 PM
and ppl if you didnt vote, can you please vote......im really curious about this.
Reply

emad
05-06-2006, 06:07 PM
:thankyou: WELL AL OF YOU TRY YOUR BEST TO CRY DURING DUA
Reply

emad
05-06-2006, 06:10 PM
All Of You Say Something ,
Reply

Kittygyal
05-06-2006, 06:11 PM
salam.
why should you cry though?
w.salam
Reply

emad
05-06-2006, 06:12 PM
:brother: ASALUMU ALIKUM WA RAHMATULLIHI WA BARKATHU...........
Reply

*noor
05-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
why should you cry though?
w.salam
when you cry because of the fear of Allah, the hellfire cannot touch where the tears touched you........so next time you cry in duaa', make sure you rub your tears all over.......lol!
im kidding about rubbing your tears all over, but hey you never know.......Allahu a'lam
Reply

Sahraxx
05-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Mashallah, to all the ppl who do become emotional , i cant say the same for myself but i can just imagine the level of iman and sincerity you must have to be so overcome during your dua, subhanallah.
May allah enable me to have such taqwah inshallah,
Reply

*noor
05-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Sahraxx
Mashallah, to all the ppl who do become emotional , i cant say the same for myself but i can just imagine the level of iman and sincerity you must have to be so overcome during your dua, subhanallah.
May allah enable me to have such taqwah inshallah,
Ameen

:)
i dont have that level of Iman either, as my faith is very weak. inshallah, my Iman will becaome stronger.......i usually dont cry in my duas either.....but i was curious about everyone else:)
Reply

Kittygyal
05-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
when you cry because of the fear of Allah, the hellfire cannot touch where the tears touched you........so next time you cry in duaa', make sure you rub your tears all over.......lol!
im kidding about rubbing your tears all over, but hey you never know.......Allahu a'lam

salam.
ok sis but my prayer is different mine is in english and it's simillar to christains but i don't say Jesus i say god :)
w.salam
Reply

*noor
05-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
ok sis but my prayer is different mine is in english and it's simillar to christains but i don't say Jesus i say god :)
w.salam

im not talking about Salah, im talking about duaa' , which is also prayer but not part of the 5 obligatory Salah......it when we ask Allah to forgive us and ask for things for this life and the Hereafter.
Reply

Kittygyal
05-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
im not talking about Salah, im talking about duaa' , which is also prayer but not part of the 5 obligatory Salah......it when we ask Allah to forgive us and ask for things for this life and the Hereafter.
salam.
i know sis but we call it a prayer :)
w.salam
Reply

*noor
05-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
i know sis but we call it a prayer :)
w.salam

i call it prayer, duaa, supplication.......and i usually do part of that in English cuz my Arabic is not that strong.:)
Reply

Kittygyal
05-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
i call it prayer, duaa, supplication.......and i usually do part of that in English cuz my Arabic is not that strong.:)
salam.
but i don't know but i call it a prayer cause that's what i used to call it when i was a christian :)
w.salam
Reply

*noor
05-06-2006, 06:54 PM
it doesnt really matter what you call it, i guess. as long as you are sincere.:)
Reply

Kittygyal
05-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
it doesnt really matter what you call it, i guess. as long as you are sincere.:)
salam.
thats true sis:happy:
w.salam
Reply

H4RUN
05-06-2006, 07:27 PM
:sl:
in this previous holy month of Ramadan, on the odd nights in the last ten days leading up to laylat_ul_qadr, after the taraweeh prayer and zikr, the time 4 dua came...the imam encouraged us to cry..'and if we could not cry before our lord then try to cry'...these were the blessed last ten days, the days of mercy...the days leading to laylatul Qadr (night of power) which is better than a thousand months...we should ask 4 forgiveness as much as possible, for the reason that we dont know if we;ll make it 2 next years ramadan.... it was after a very emotional speech and then a extremely emotional dua that i had tears flowin down my face, and it wern't me only the imam had a whole load of others cryin 2. i think this was the 1st time i had ever had tears flowing whilst in supplication...
:w:
Reply

Muslimaatan
05-07-2006, 03:47 AM
Sometimez..it dependz..but i remember cryin once ina while durin jumaah prayerz in my skool..my tearz juss come down..i cant help it..only wen this one sheikh sayz da khutbah tho..i don even noe him..just his voice..itz soo like..touchin..it getz 2 u..Mashaa'Allah!
Reply

*LJ*
05-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by islamgyal
salam.
but i don't know but i call it a prayer cause that's what i used to call it when i was a christian :)
w.salam
Salamu alaikum,

They're both the same, I agree that it doesn't really matter what you call it but I think the reason we say duaa instead of prayer is because we like to use Allah's (subhana wa ta'ala) beautiful words from the Qu'ran :) (well I try to even if I say them wrong sometimes lol).
Also it's easier to say duaa and Salah rather than prayer as that can refer to either, so if we say duaa and Salah we all know what we're talking about.

Salam :)
Reply

------
05-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I cry coz i feel scared of going to hell ....... and i feel more closer to Allah swt in Du'a ........ :'(
Reply

afriend
05-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
i have another question regarding this.

does anyone hear not like to cry in their duaa' in front of people.....like ur parents?? like does anyone try to hide their crying from duaa from family members?

im just curious. somebody plz answer.
Yes...that's the thing...I wouldn't like cry in front of many other ppl.....But in some instances it has happened....when I was watching Taraweeh with the meansings......I did break down a bit....
Reply

------
05-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by nurofislam
i have another question regarding this.

does anyone hear not like to cry in their duaa' in front of people.....like ur parents?? like does anyone try to hide their crying from duaa from family members?

im just curious. somebody plz answer.
I cry in front of anyone i dont realli care......cnt be askd 2 hide it....
Reply

afriend
05-07-2006, 11:42 AM
cryin infront of Allah makes u feel light and really close an peacful.
but cryin infront of ppl....um i dont like doin that.
caus u feel really embarrassed
Yes...too right sis!

som ppl think cryin is a form of weakness. but that depends on wat ur cryin bout.i hate crying over th ups an downs in life. i see that as not bein brave
Yup...mashallah u got bright concepts.
Reply

------
05-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Yup...mashallah u got bright concepts.
Thats cause she hangs around with me :p

Init A'ishah sis ;)
Reply

Kittygyal
05-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by *LJ*
Salamu alaikum,

They're both the same, I agree that it doesn't really matter what you call it but I think the reason we say duaa instead of prayer is because we like to use Allah's (subhana wa ta'ala) beautiful words from the Qu'ran :) (well I try to even if I say them wrong sometimes lol).
Also it's easier to say duaa and Salah rather than prayer as that can refer to either, so if we say duaa and Salah we all know what we're talking about.

Salam :)

salam.
ta sis for the explanation very appreciated :)
w.salam
Reply

Abdullah4ever
05-11-2006, 11:58 PM
:sl:

I cry during Dua' because i fear allah and the torment that is about to befall :'( I also cry during surah's that talk about the punishments and torments :'( and beutifull speeches and tawbah too ... i never finished surah qamar reciting it properly :'( a beutifull surah .
Reply

mizan_aliashraf
05-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Salam
I don't think we should boast of our levels of imaan and taqwa when making du'a. If one cries because s/he is emotionally overcome then that is a good sign. One should not force oneself to cry. If the du'a touches your heart then it is natural that you will cry. If the du'a relates to your situation then you will feel something inside and you will cry.
Allah only answers the du'a of the sincere, so you can cry all you like, but if you don't have sincerity in your heart, your du'a will not be answered. It should also add that excessive crying during salah/du'a can also be a form of riyaa' (showing off). We should bear this in mind.
Why are we crying? Is it because we genuinely feel shame for our sins and because we are touched, or is it to show off our piety/taqwa/imaan?
Wassalam
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-12-2006, 10:41 AM
It depends on what my du'a is about. But I usually make du'a for my mother, who has passed away. And for Allah to guide me and to have mercy on me. I try to make du'a for everyone I know, and I try my best to do it name by name. So you can probably tell me du'as take a long time. It's ok though because I do it after every salah, and especially at tahajjud time. I pray Allah accepts all of our du'as.
:w:
Reply

mizan_aliashraf
05-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Salam
May Allah have mercy on your mother, and all of the other muslims who have passed away.
I think the main du'a that makes people cry is when the imam mentions the mujahideen and the people of Iraq/Kashmir/Palestine/Bosnia etc
Wassalam
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Salam
I don't think we should boast of our levels of imaan and taqwa when making du'a. If one cries because s/he is emotionally overcome then that is a good sign. One should not force oneself to cry. If the du'a touches your heart then it is natural that you will cry. If the du'a relates to your situation then you will feel something inside and you will cry.
Allah only answers the du'a of the sincere, so you can cry all you like, but if you don't have sincerity in your heart, your du'a will not be answered. It should also add that excessive crying during salah/du'a can also be a form of riyaa' (showing off). We should bear this in mind.
Why are we crying? Is it because we genuinely feel shame for our sins and because we are touched, or is it to show off our piety/taqwa/imaan?
Wassalam
That's true. And that's the reason I hate to cry in public. Whether it's because I hear a beautiful ayah, hadith... or whether i'm at an Islamic talk, i hate to cry in front of other people. Because people start praising you, which is really bad. I don't exactly throw dust in their eyes, but I try to explain that my level of iman is nothing.
Showing off can lead to people's hearts becoming corrupt, and nobody needs an ego. It doesn't help you, in this life or the next.
:w:
Reply

MetSudaisTwice
05-12-2006, 10:45 AM
salam
ameen
wasalam
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Salam
May Allah have mercy on your mother, and all of the other muslims who have passed away.
I think the main du'a that makes people cry is when the imam mentions the mujahideen and the people of Iraq/Kashmir/Palestine/Bosnia etc
Wassalam
Yeah, i love it when the imams speak of that. It takes guts to say that in public. We should all remember to make du'a for our brothers and sisters all over the world.
:w:
Reply

mizan_aliashraf
05-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Salam
I've done it a few times aswell. I lead a few rak'ahs of taraweeh last year and i took the witr prayer a couple of times. The only problem was the comitee of the masjid didn't want any du'as related to politics, and they were really backward. i got into trouble a few times for my du'aas, so i'm not going to lead there again!
Wassalam
Reply

...
05-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
That's true. And that's the reason I hate to cry in public. Whether it's because I hear a beautiful ayah, hadith... or whether i'm at an Islamic talk, i hate to cry in front of other people. Because people start praising you, which is really bad. I don't exactly throw dust in their eyes, but I try to explain that my level of iman is nothing.
Showing off can lead to people's hearts becoming corrupt, and nobody needs an ego. It doesn't help you, in this life or the next.
:w:
So true sis i feel the same way crying in front of people - u don't know what they're thinking. And the shaitan may try and make u feel proud.
When i cry it's usually coz i feel like i can always rely on Allah for anything i want, and no matter what i have some1 2 turn to.:) I just wish i could be more grateful 2 Allah (swt)
Reply

IceQueen~
05-12-2006, 10:54 AM
the seven people that will have Allah's shade on qiyamah (not in order)
1-a just ruler

2-someone who has spent their youth in obedience to Allah(youth is till ur 40)

3-a man whose heart is attached to the mosque

4-someone who CRIES OUT OF FEAR OF ALLAH while they are alone (not showing off)

5-someone who gives in charity in such a way that his left hand doesn't know...(or something like that-not showing off)

6-a man whom a beautiful woman tries to seduce but he says 'i fear Allah'

7- um i can't remember -anyone else please?
Reply

...
05-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by marge1
the seven people that will have Allah's shade on qiyamah (not in order)

7- um i can't remember -anyone else please?
The last one is someone who loves for Allah's sake and hate's for Allah's sake(something like that):)
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Masha-Allah, jazak-Allah sis!
I start to feel really emotional when I think about the blessings Allah has given. It's the reason I started practicing Islam. I just felt so grateful.
:w:
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-12-2006, 10:57 AM
I think it was.... two people who love each other for the sake of Allah?
:w:
Reply

mizan_aliashraf
05-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Salam
You're right
Wassalam
Reply

MinAhlilHadeeth
05-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I have alot of friends like that. I hope Allah accepts our love for each other as purely for Him, ameen.
:w:
Reply

IceQueen~
05-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
I think it was.... two people who love each other for the sake of Allah?
:w:
yup that's right masha allah!
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 09:46 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 07:53 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 08:28 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 09:49 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 06:30 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!