/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rumsfield : No Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq

mahdisoldier19
05-06-2006, 05:31 AM
Pentagon chief confronted by war critics during speech
www.chinaview.cn 2006-05-05 05:01:20

WASHINGTON, May 4 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld was confronted by war critics as he gave a speech Thursday in Atlanta, Georgia.

Rumsfeld was interrupted twice during the speech, which was delivered at the Atlanta History Center, according to CNN.

A number of protesters showed up, holding up banners saying "guilty of war crimes."

One female protester was taken out of the room by guards after shouting at Rumsfeld: "this man needs to be in prison for war crimes!"

But the Pentagon chief kept his smile, then agreed to take a question from a male protester.

"I would like to ask you to be up front with the American people, why did you lie to get us into a war that was not necessary, that has caused these kinds of casualties? Why?" asked the man.

Rumsfeld said he did not lie, because he is not "in the intelligence business."

However, he acknowledged that "it appears that there were not weapons of mass destruction there."

Iraq's secret program of weapons of mass destruction is a major justification for the Bush administration's decision to go to war with Iraq three years ago.

However, such evidence has never been found and some 2,400 U.S. soldiers have been killed since the start of the war. Enditem

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
05-06-2006, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
Pentagon chief confronted by war critics during speech
www.chinaview.cn 2006-05-05 05:01:20

WASHINGTON, May 4 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld was confronted by war critics as he gave a speech Thursday in Atlanta, Georgia.

Rumsfeld was interrupted twice during the speech, which was delivered at the Atlanta History Center, according to CNN.

A number of protesters showed up, holding up banners saying "guilty of war crimes."

One female protester was taken out of the room by guards after shouting at Rumsfeld: "this man needs to be in prison for war crimes!"

But the Pentagon chief kept his smile, then agreed to take a question from a male protester.

"I would like to ask you to be up front with the American people, why did you lie to get us into a war that was not necessary, that has caused these kinds of casualties? Why?" asked the man.

Iraq's secret program of weapons of mass destruction is a major justification for the Bush administration's decision to go to war with Iraq three years ago.

However, such evidence has never been found and some 2,400 U.S. soldiers have been killed since the start of the war. Enditem
Thanks for the post.
Don't you think it is taken ages for the truth to be finally realised by the masses? :heated:

However, he acknowledged that "it appears that there were not weapons of mass destruction there."
He actually said that???
Well, well ...! :rollseyes

Peace.

aamirsaab
05-06-2006, 08:17 AM
:sl:
He's got that right. This is old news by the way.

guyabano
05-06-2006, 08:21 AM
No Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq
Already old ! But even if there were no weapons of mass destruction, it was not wrong to free Iraq.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
x Maz x
05-06-2006, 11:14 AM
We knew the day they went and bombed Baghdad...Allah bless the suffering Iraqi civilians and all those oppressed Muslims around the world Allah make their lives easy for them and grant them high ranks in Jannah WalaykumAsalaam x

mahdisoldier19
10-07-2006, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Already old ! But even if there were no weapons of mass destruction, it was not wrong to free Iraq.
if you call the killing of over 200k innocent civilians and the destruction of hundreds of mosques in fallujah free? wow

Ninth_Scribe
10-07-2006, 06:47 PM
if you call the killing of over 200k innocent civilians and the destruction of hundreds of mosques in fallujah free? wow
Yeah, and we'll never be able to live that down. I'd never been more upset and frustrated. I almost wanted to join the fight against the U.S. invasion, but I can't fight against my own... and I know the soldiers are following orders. So, I've set my sight a bit higher... you just wait!

Regardless of the end result, it will never be enough. I doubt, after all is said and done, we'll ever be able to make it up to those people.

That's the truly sad part.

Ninth Scribe

mahdisoldier19
10-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Not even on a religious level forget jihad, just like if a person has some like empathy they would go oh ok maybe something BAD did happen in Iraq

Ninth_Scribe
10-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Not even on a religious level forget jihad, just like if a person has some like empathy they would go oh ok maybe something BAD did happen in Iraq
Gotcha! I may not be able to bring myself onto the battlefield, but I do press on every other level of existence against this War on Terror because I know Bush is seeking to use it as a means for world domination. I can't help but notice how many countries now insist on arming themselves and I see them aligning against us... because they perceive us as a threat!

When I step outside the picture and look back from their angle of vision, I perceive us as a threat too!

Ninth Scribe

Muezzin
10-07-2006, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
And look how that turned out...

Before the war I was saying how inherently stupid it was to attempt to force democracy on a people. It's something the people have to want and then get for themselves. But, oh well. At least the Bush administration have egg on their faces. They also have blood on their hands, but they don't like to admit it. Reminds me of that scene from Macbeth...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.