near Jerusalem on May 3, 2006, to protest against the
State of Israel, which they believe should not exist before
the coming of the Messiah. Israeli's are celebrating
Independence Day, marking the 58th anniversary of the
creation of the Jewish state.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
05-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Holy moley! That's about as surreal as finding a bearded lady in your box of cornflakes.

But seriously, this perfectly illustrates that by no means are all Jewish people Zionists. Maybe it'll help to destroy some of the irrational hatred I've seen fellow Muslims treat Jews as a people with.

Also, what's the source of these pictures?

Trumble
05-06-2006, 05:51 PM
It just goes to show that you should never judge people according to stereotypes. It should be pointed out, though, that Neturei Karta (you'll get a few more surprises if you check that site!) are a tiny minority and have the views they do for a particular, religious, reason.

How would you define "Zionist" these days, anyway? To me, 68 years after the State of Israel was founded, its meaning of a century ago makes little sense. Is an Israeli Jew, born in the State of Israel to parents born there, who just wishes his country to continue to exist, a "Zionist"? Is any Israeli not prepared to just pack up and leave their family home in the way Ahmadinejad suggests a "Zionist"? Or are "Zionists" in 2005 just those, such as the Gush Eminem faction, who believe the boundaries of the State of Israel should be extended to include all the traditional "biblical" lands?

mahuruf
05-06-2006, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
what's the source of these pictures?
Sorry I did not give the source earlier. I got them from "Reuters"

There is one more picture

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
imaad_udeen
05-07-2006, 12:36 AM
strange, but I do believe it.

They are a tiny minority.

dishdash
05-07-2006, 02:05 AM
Oh believe it - the hasidi are absolutely DESPISED by the mainstream in Israel.

LEt's raise a toast to our enemy's enemies!

Muslimaatan
05-07-2006, 02:49 AM
this weekend my ss hw was to write a report bout zionism..in class the donow was define zionism..one girl who sits far from me..called my name madd loud..ADEELA>>U KNOW WATZ ZIONISM?? im like..umm..yeaahh..y? shez like ohh i thot ur like those paliz who don't even noe watz goin on..they just write plo all over not knowin wat it standz 4..it was tru..but very weird!!..juss felt like sharin since itz related..:-D

dishdash
05-07-2006, 04:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimaatan
this weekend my ss hw was to write a report bout zionism..in class the donow was define zionism..one girl who sits far from me..called my name madd loud..ADEELA>>U KNOW WATZ ZIONISM?? im like..umm..yeaahh..y? shez like ohh i thot ur like those paliz who don't even noe watz goin on..they just write plo all over not knowin wat it standz 4..it was tru..but very weird!!..juss felt like sharin since itz related..:-D
Jazaks I think... do you have a translation of this post in English?

I saw the word zionism but suspect it's not really a post about that. I saw the word class, and there's certainly none of that here. I also saw the word weird, and I'm thinking it's weird that we purport to be speaking the same language and yet I have no idea what on Earth you are on about.

Muslimaatan
05-07-2006, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dishdash
Jazaks I think... do you have a translation of this post in English?

I saw the word zionism but suspect it's not really a post about that. I saw the word class, and there's certainly none of that here. I also saw the word weird, and I'm thinking it's weird that we purport to be speaking the same language and yet I have no idea what on Earth you are on about.
lolzz..it is in english! what r u talkin bout? u mean u cant see the post? or u don get wat im sayin? lolz..

SirZubair
05-07-2006, 04:25 AM
lolzz..it is in english! what r u talkin bout? u mean u cant see the post? or u don get wat im sayin? lolz..
rty www.dictionary.com efboer ostping ni utfure...

dishdash
05-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Are you kidding?! Which part of this is in English?!?!

SirZubair
05-07-2006, 06:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dishdash
Are you kidding?! Which part of this is in English?!?!
this weekend my was to write a report zionism..in class the was define zionism..one girl who sits far from me..called my name loud.. KNOW ZIONISM?? im like like i like those who don't even on..they just write all over not it..it was ..but very weird!!..felt like since related.. :-D
:? :? :?

Safa
05-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Edit. Bro Zubair beat me to it. But mine's more accurate.

Allow me.

This weekend my ss (social studies??) homework was to write a report about Zionism. In class, the do now (like an in-class assignment) was define Zionism.

One girl who sits far from me called my name mad loud, "ADEELA, YOU KNOW WHAT'S ZIONISM??"

I'm like, "Umm, yeah, why?

She's like, "Ohh, I thought those Paliz don't even know what's going on. They just write PLO all over not knowing what it stands for."

It was true. But very weird!! Felt like sharing since it's related :-D
Better now brother dishdash?

Anyway, it's surprising that these protests are still occuring today. Too bad that group is a minority. Surprising but Zionism wasn't a popular idea way back in the day.

*charisma*
05-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

loool this turned into a translation thread :p

back on topic:

subhanallah im not surprised about that first post, mashallah..after all the zionists kick the jews out of their homes as well and treat them just as terribly (maybe not just as) as they do to the palestinians

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

HeiGou
05-07-2006, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
It just goes to show that you should never judge people according to stereotypes. It should be pointed out, though, that Neturei Karta (you'll get a few more surprises if you check that site!) are a tiny minority and have the views they do for a particular, religious, reason.
The Satmars do not recognise Israel either as well as some other ultra-Orthodox groups. In the past vastly more of them did not, but most, the Lubbavitches for instance, have become reconciled to Israel.

Muslimaatan
05-08-2006, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safa
Edit. Bro Zubair beat me to it. But mine's more accurate.

Allow me.

Better now brother dishdash?

Anyway, it's surprising that these protests are still occuring today. Too bad that group is a minority. Surprising but Zionism wasn't a popular idea way back in the day.
thank you sis safa! :-D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!